Harry Potter vs Reign of Fire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyrannoraptor
Especially if it were the Alpha male dragon while Harry Potter may be at a higher grade.

Surtur
No real reason to believe the dragon could withstand transmutation or a soul rip.

riv6672
Dragons have souls?

Tyrannoraptor
Yeah who says dragons have souls?!

ShadowFyre
Why wouldn't they?

riv6672
Why would they?

Surtur
Does it matter? Transmutation takes care of it. Or mind control.

Now do "do dragons have minds tho?"

riv6672
The dragons in that movie were pretty clever, so they had primitive intelligence at least, the soulless bastards.

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by Surtur
Does it matter? Transmutation takes care of it. Or mind control.

Now do "do dragons have minds tho?"

Yeah but i wasn't so sure if dragons have minds & somebody at Comicvine just told me that Harry Potter's magic spells wouldn't be able to affect the alpha male dragon.

riv6672

Mindship
So Harry couldn't use a simple, explosive spell to take out the alpha? No minds or souls required; there isn't even a trajectory or solid projectile the alpha could intercept. Just -BOOM- explosion in the dragon's mouth (ala Quinn + crossbow). AFAIK, RoF dragons are not magical beasts, so I don't think they'd be as durable, as protected against spells, whatever. Mostly, they just seem bullet-proof.

OTOH, does range matter? Does Harry have to be as close as Quinn was? Would he be as agile as Quinn to avoid a fire attack? Could he cast a spell as quickly as pulling a trigger? Does Harry have shield spells he could cast beforehand?

Seems to me there are a number of variables here to consider. But generally, ideally, I see Potter taking this, maybe even one-shotting the alpha, making this confrontation almost spite.

riv6672

Mindship
Fun thread, indeed. Definitely agree on that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.