Batman vs Punisher| who's a better protector

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
who does the best at protecting their cities, and if they switch their cities would either have more difficulty??

Whose method of dealing with criminals is better; Batman's or Punisher's???

https://i.postimg.cc/DWJRPqpr/sas.jpg

spetznaz

darthgoober
Depends on how one looks at it. Batman definitely accomplishes more in the grand scheme, but he's also responsible for creating/saving several of his rogues so you've got to weigh the lives of those he saves against the blood those badguys spill when you're figuring how much of a positive impact he's having on his city.

DarkSaint85
Another way of looking at it is.....despite killing, NYC STILL has criminals and the Mafia. Sure, the specific criminals are removed, but their victims aren't - you won't care if you're killed by Henchman A or B....

qwertyuiop1998
Who has the better solution? Neither, If we confined it in comics logic. There were always criminals coming back(or to be created for hero) and committing crimes to challenge heroes. So basically, Killing or no killing just a trait for the character to make more conflicts on stories
If we talking about the real world, Then Batman method actually was a better solution, It protecting legal system and will decrease crimes by stopping criminals.

Stoic
The Punisher wins. He eliminates the threat.

DarkSaint85
The threat still remains though....

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The threat still remains though....

Listen if you had bugs in your house do you want a guy to come and lock them in your closet for a month, only for them to come back, or do you want the guy that aims to permanently remove them? When Frank kills a villain they stay dead, unless by plot they come back to life.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Listen if you had bugs in your house do you want a guy to come and lock them in your closet for a month, only for them to come back, or do you want the guy that aims to permanently remove them? When Frank kills a villain they stay dead, unless by plot they come back to life.

Listen if even after calling exterminators in every week, roaches and fleas etc still infest your house, does it matter if the guy kills them every time?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Listen if even after calling exterminators in every week, roaches and fleas etc still infest your house, does it matter if the guy kills them every time?

the point is which person's method is better.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Stoic
Listen if you had bugs in your house do you want a guy to come and lock them in your closet for a month, only for them to come back, or do you want the guy that aims to permanently remove them? When Frank kills a villain they stay dead, unless by plot they come back to life. But the point is,They werent killing bugs but persons.It will involve lots of problems,Morality,Legal system,society effects etc.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
the point is which person's method is better.

By what metric?

The crime rate in Marvel NYC is still high. There is still a significant Mafia presence, not to mention the usual supervillains.

This is despite Punisher having literally every single superhero in NYC, lol, whilst Bats has the Batfamily and that's it.

I'm just saying, having 'Punisher kills, it's more permanent' isn't an argument, when criminals still continue to operate. If you get mugged on Monday, the Punisher shoots him dead on Tuesday, then you get mugged by a different person on Wed....who cares that it's a different mugger, you still got mugged.

qwertyuiop1998
By what metric?

The crime rate in Marvel NYC is still high. There is still a significant Mafia presence, not to mention the usual supervillains.

This is despite Punisher having literally every single superhero in NYC, lol, whilst Bats has the Batfamily and that's it.

I'm just saying, having 'Punisher kills, it's more permanent' isn't an argument, when criminals still continue to operate. If you get mugged on Monday, the Punisher shoots him dead on Tuesday, then you get mugged by a different person on Wed....who cares that it's a different mugger, you still got mugged. Yeah, If comics still keeping publish the there wll always criminals running around due to plot,They need creating conflicts to make it continue.So killing is a permanent way to deal with crimes actually didn't work on comics

AlbertoJohnAvil
By what metric?

I'm just saying, having 'Punisher kills, it's more permanent' isn't an argument, when criminals still continue to operate. If you get mugged on Monday, the Punisher shoots him dead on Tuesday, then you get mugged by a different person on Wed....who cares that it's a different mugger, you still got mugged.

Because of plot.

DarkSaint85
Because of plot.

Supervillains constantly escaping from Arkham is also due to plot, though.

ShadowFyre
I'm going with Punisher but I completely see DS's point which is basically " if there is still criminals and crime happening what does it matter if he kills or does not kill".

And this is a tough question but here is my answer for why Punisher wins.

There may still be criminals but at least Frank is trying to end them. Batman does not knowing full well that they will most likely get free and continue to murder. And that's what it boils down to. Batman actively gives villian's a chance to continue doing harm all because of his extremely douchey, emo outtake on life. As long as he operates within his own moral compass, he does not care how many people die, and that is a very selfish outlook on things.

But as far as who is the better protector? Like who could actually stop some big threat? Batman

StiltmanFTW
Frank.

Batman just makes his villains more and more dangerous, who are adapting thanks to him and becoming much worse.

Hell, even Superman (the virgin from krypton) admitted he's doing the same thing. And you guys fap to him till your dicks bleed profoundly.

Castle kills those f*ckers and even THE GOD himself is backing him up, giving him angel powers.

God of Punishment > puny little bat

darthgoober
Because of plot.
Yeah but the guy who mugged you on Wed would have been there to mug you either way. On the other hand, the guys who gets murdered on Tue won't be out mugging someone else on Wed and then catch you again on Fri or any other day till his resurrection. Punisher doesn't level of personal attention from sociopaths that Bats does. If Batman flat out got murdered national TV tomorrow, at least some of the guys like the Joker and Riddler would most likely retire or find some other way to pass the time. That's not nearly as true of the Punisher. If Pun gets iced on TV tomorrow Jigsaw and Kingpin aren't going to fade into the background or anything like that, they're going to be more successful than ever and crime's going to skyrocket because he's one of a select few threats to those on the other side of the law that they live in mortal fear of.

Don't get me wrong because I don't mean to suggest that Gotham is going to suddenly become Metropolis, or that New York will become over run if Bruce and Frank go down, I'm only putting forth that from what I've personally seen it seems like there might be less plot worthy crime in Gotham if Bruce were to die openly, but that's not going to be the case for Punisher. Now tbf, even though it's theoretically possible that Gotham itself would have less crime if Bats died, when we zoom out it's fairly apparent that the world as a whole would definitely be worse off without the guy because he's the Justice League's strategist and there's been plenty of instances where they all would have bought it if Bruce weren't there.

darthgoober
Wait a sec... it just occurred to me that we need to consider that Batman does more than just act the part of a superhero... he also TRAINS superheroes. So even if his direct impact on crime is up for debate, the fact that he's always making new heroes should count towards his positive impact(even if they don't work out all the time) and net him quite a few bonus points that should put him in the lead for this thread IMO.

StiltmanFTW
Punisher had numerous sidekicks, wannabes and 2 Punisher chicks.

And even people like Steve Rogers actually shut up when they realize Frank is right.

darthgoober
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Punisher had numerous sidekicks, wannabes and 2 Punisher chicks.

And even people like Steve Rogers actually shut up when they realize Frank is right.
Yeah but Bruce's sidekicks are likely more impressive and stable. It's not a knock against Frank at all, it's just that Bruce is probably the most prolific guy in tights when it comes to turning wannabes into bonafide heroes.

celeyhyga17
Batman

Juntai
Bruce.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but Bruce's sidekicks are likely more impressive and stable. It's not a knock against Frank at all, it's just that Bruce is probably the most prolific guy in tights when it comes to turning wannabes into bonafide heroes.

Stable?

Like Jason and Damian? stick out tongue

Parmaniac
By what metric?

The crime rate in Marvel NYC is still high. There is still a significant Mafia presence, not to mention the usual supervillains. Totally unlike Gotham.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Totally unlike Gotham.

Not sure if you missed my point lol.

The point being, whether the hero in question kills a criminal or not, the crime rate is still sky high - so what's the use of killing?

Not to mention, Frank has backup in the form of every other major superhero in Marvel ALSO hanging out in NYC. Batman has the Batfamily....

Parmaniac

The point being, whether the hero in question kills a criminal or not, the crime rate is still sky high - so what's the use of killing?

Not to mention, Frank has backup in the form of every other major superhero in Marvel ALSO hanging out in NYC. Batman has the Batfamily.... Well I read some of the following replies, I agree that Batman is by far more competent overall but that's due to Batman's superior tech and intellect, Punisher's mindset of permenently taking out the threat is better, especially in a simple black and white comic world.

Also using the fact that there are always villains even though there are tons of heroes ignoring that this is for the simple reason that heroes need villains to fight? And then actually go and saying the fact that Batman's villains break out is due to plot? Really?

This argument here is really shitty tbh:
If you get mugged on Monday, the Punisher shoots him dead on Tuesday, then you get mugged by a different person on Wed....who cares that it's a different mugger, you still got mugged. First of all you might not get mugged on wed because the guy doing it might be dead already and even if not then you still have the fact that the guy from monday won't mug anyone else ever again.
(I not saying that evey minor crime should be punished with death though.)

I also really dislike some of those classic "don't kill" Batman quotes like "If you kill a Killer, the amount of killers stays the same" shit like this is only true for 1 particular moment, the moment our good guy kills more killers, the amount of killers drops and even more important the amount of (by our standards innocent) victims also drops, all it does is to reduce the amount of scum that's wasting precious resources.

Imagine Batman doing his usual work but ultimately when he tracked down the big fish, he permanently takes him out. You can't argue that the "final blow" is more effective than locking them up to wait for their next escape, and again we're talking about comic worlds where morals are a lot more simple and black and white AND people that get locked up break out almost immediately.

Also The Spectre (and probably others) is resident in Gotham if I made a thread of Marvel'S NYC heroes vs. The Spectre who would come out on top? Plus Gotham overall doesn't have the powerlevel of villains that usually attack NYC. This is a bit of comparing apples with pears.

DarkSaint85
Ok well, a couple of rebuttals:

1. The argument is that the vacuum of villains will always be filled due to plot - kill monsters, and new ones will always take their place. Alberto's argument was that this was due to plot.

My counter was that Batman, who has access to and actually uses tech and expertise from the literal God of escapology, has access to New God, Kryptonian, Martian, Apokoliptian, Thanagarian etc tech, and actually uses them in prison design, yet still has supervillains break out, is ALSO due to plot. We have the Riddler, for example, hacking New God motherbox tech on the fly when he broke out of Arkham.

2. Ok, mugging was perhaps an extreme example - let's use murder. Your relative gets caught up in a crossfire and dies on Monday. Frank tracks their killer down, and puts them down. Does that mean all your other relatives are 100% safe? No. Do drug dealers suddenly reform? No. What good is Punishers executions, when it doesn't stop murders and drug dealers? As far as YOU'RE concerned, your chances of losing a relative to drugs or crossfires hasn't decreased, because NYC still has crime - it's just that the SPECIFIC dealer or Murderer is gone.

But your chances of losing them hasn't gone.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Yeah no.

Look at it this way.
Batman beats joker to near death
Joker heals,schemes, is free to kill again.
Now, punisher finds out about joker.
He finds joker, puts a bullet in his head,walks off. No. More. Joker.

qwertyuiop1998
And there will be another joker/clown/jokre or whatever the name villain calling himself coming around due to plot. Like Saint said, Killing or no killing essential no difference after all.

DarkSaint85
Yeah no.

Look at it this way.
Batman beats joker to near death
Joker heals,schemes, is free to kill again.
Now, punisher finds out about joker.
He finds joker, puts a bullet in his head,walks off. No. More. Joker.

That's not worked out at all for the mobsters Frank kills.

Mobster A sells drugs to kiddies
Kids get addicted
Frank shoots Mobster A.
Mobster B gets hired instead
Mobster B sells drugs to kiddies.
Kids get addicted.

Who. Cares. That. Mobster. A. Is. Dead?

AlbertoJohnAvil
lol what? YOU know how many times the same dudes always come back WAY MORE than Punisher villain's due to Bruce being soft and incompetent??
Please don't make me point out how many flaws Gotham has

DarkSaint85
lol what? YOU know how many times the same dudes always come back WAY MORE than Punisher villain's due to Bruce being soft and incompetent??
Please don't make me point out how many flaws Gotham has

The mafia problem AND supervillain problem has NEVER gone away from NYC, despite his killing.

Don't misunderstand me, I am NOT saying the mobsters come back to life, lol. I'm saying someone always steps back in, crime is never removed from NYC even with Frank killing.

-Pr-
Wait... Batman is somehow incompetent now... Because he's not a serial killer?

DarkSaint85
Apparently, Frank's solution is better because it's permanent.

Meanwhile, the Maggia etc still run rampant in NYC.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait... Batman is somehow incompetent now... Because he's not a serial killer?

elaborate more on this. not understanding your point

-Pr-
Apparently, Frank's solution is better because it's permanent.

Meanwhile, the Maggia etc still run rampant in NYC.

Ima be honest; I don't know who has the better method. I refuse to believe, though, that Batman is some kind of giant ******* for not murdering people.

elaborate more on this. not understanding your point

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around how much hate Batman is getting for being unwilling to murder people. You yourself called him incompetent.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Ima be honest; I don't know who has the better method. I refuse to believe, though, that Batman is some kind of giant ******* for not murdering people.

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around how much hate Batman is getting for being unwilling to murder people. You yourself called him incompetent.

You know Gotham has the highest crime rate in Dc? right?

-Pr-
You know Gotham has the highest crime rate in Dc? right?

Yes, I do. I also know that it was about ten times worse before Batman showed up.

So did you, I hope.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Yes, I do. I also know that it was about ten times worse before Batman showed up.

So did you, I hope.

Now, tell me, by how much did you think it decreased by when Bats showed up

DarkSaint85
If it was ten times worse before he showed up....then logically.....

Eternal Idol

Not to mention, Frank has backup in the form of every other major superhero in Marvel ALSO hanging out in NYC. Batman has the Batfamily....
Marvel's superheroes are concentrated in NYC, sure, but one of The Punisher's biggest issues with them is that most of them are too preoccupied with responding to superpowered threats to bother doing anything about ordinary violent criminals.

For the most part, it seems it's usually up to him, Spider-Man, and Daredevil to deal with, and we know the other two won't kill.

StiltmanFTW
No. Parker and Murdock are pussies.

If anyone truly contributes to Frank's case, it's Wolverine. And even then, he is not as radical as Frank, as he believes the mafia can't be truly gone, thus he picks/removes its leaders accordingly.

Eternal Idol
No. Parker and Murdock are pussies.

If anyone truly contributes to Frank's case, it's Wolverine. And even then, he is not as radical as Frank, as he believes the mafia can't be truly gone, thus he picks/removes its leaders accordingly.
True, Wolverine has no qualms about killing them, but I didn't mention him because he doesn't necessarily feel it's a priority or even necessary to do anything about violent criminals, unless it's someone he's specifically after or in his way.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
True, Wolverine has no qualms about killing them, but I didn't mention him because he doesn't necessarily feel it's a priority or even necessary to do anything about violent criminals, unless it's someone he's specifically after or in his way.

Quite correct.

He will often intervene, though. More often than others.

It's just not his priority - as in Frank's case - and he'll handle it in a different way.

Still, Frank considers him a close ally... even after all the awful shit between them, steamroller and everything.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Marvel's superheroes are concentrated in NYC, sure, but one of The Punisher's biggest issues with them is that most of them are too preoccupied with responding to superpowered threats to bother doing anything about ordinary violent criminals.

For the most part, it seems it's usually up to him, Spider-Man, and Daredevil to deal with, and we know the other two won't kill.

Yes, but NYC still has superpowered villains and non superpowered villains, despite his killing.

Gotham ALSO has superpowered and non superpowered villains, but has a smaller hero base and has no killing.

So who is more effective?

StiltmanFTW
Dark, you want a true answer? Nobody is.

They could go on the f*cking vacation with hot chicks, awesome drugs and strong drinks and everything would be the same.

Comics are comics.

Heroes are gonna be heroes, villains are gonna be villains.

Nothing can stop them. Nothing.

They can't stop each other and sure as f*ck other factors can't come close, either.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Agreed.

I just found it weird that 'killing' was held up to be this awesome solution, when it doesn't actually solve anything in Marvel NYC.

PIS? Sure, maybe. IRL, a vigilante going round shooting and torturing your buddies is certainly a way to go on the straight and narrow.

But then, IRL, if alien tech and prison tech like what exists in DC existed in our world, prison breaks would be a thing of the past.

beatboks
The argument being put forth that Frank is moree effective because of the permanence of his solution seems to fall flat for me.

1. Even bad guys have family, or people close to them (like associates) that would seek vengeance. Violence begetts violence. Its a fact and always has been. In the real world any violent death incites some sort of want for revenge, and those on the wrong side of the law are far more likely to act on that want.

2. Plot is literally the only reason Batman's villains escape etc. Jailbreaks in real life are no where near as common.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/06/08/prison-escape-statistics/28693731/

Maximum security prisoners simply rarely escape, and lets face it anyone Batman had caught isnt likely to be locked in low security.

So in the real world using the methods they employ it would clearly be Batman's method that proved more effective. As once caught they wouldnt escape as readily as they do in comics as Plot demands it. Conversely Frank's method would incite retaliation that would likely cost more innocent lives

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
The argument being put forth that Frank is moree effective because of the permanence of his solution seems to fall flat for me.

1. Even bad guys have family, or people close to them (like associates) that would seek vengeance. Violence begetts violence. Its a fact and always has been. In the real world any violent death incites some sort of want for revenge, and those on the wrong side of the law are far more likely to act on that want.

2. Plot is literally the only reason Batman's villains escape etc. Jailbreaks in real life are no where near as common.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/06/08/prison-escape-statistics/28693731/

Maximum security prisoners simply rarely escape, and lets face it anyone Batman had caught isnt likely to be locked in low security.

So in the real world using the methods they employ it would clearly be Batman's method that proved more effective. As once caught they wouldnt escape as readily as they do in comics as Plot demands it. Conversely Frank's method would incite retaliation that would likely cost more innocent lives

thumb up

Agreed. PLUS Batman doesn't just put them in random cells. He actually tests them out for Arkham:

https://i.postimg.cc/pmnyDsvS/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/2bT5zJd1/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/LYmXFRPd/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/SX6sPjJ7/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum4.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/2386Hkmh/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum5.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vxBZDzX3/batmanannual2-batmanvsarkhamasylum6.jpg

IOW, breaking out - repeatedly - is plot driven, and shouldn't be held against Batman. In reality, his methods are just as permanent as the Punisher's.

I mean, the RIDDLER manages to hack New Genesis security systems that apparently, even THEIR best minds can't crack, lol. And does it in 11 seconds:

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/the-riddler-can-break-new-genesis-locks-2.jpg

So we shouldn't hold it against Batman when his enemies are able to do things no one can.

beatboks
Yeah and lets face it in the real world Franks methods would multiply the deaths of innocents by a magnitude of order. Gang violence is a perfect example. A member of one street gang gets hurt or killed and the gang he belongs to inacts a reyaliatory hit. Lets also not forget the lessons of history. The only reason Eliot Ness even started after Capone was because of the violence on the streets, things like the Valentines day masacre. Look at the Ciaculli bombing in the 60's killing many police and military and a result the first mafia war. During the second mafia war of the 80's there were thousands of killings and that included law enforcement, judges, politicians and govt officials like a Carabinieri Colonel, Colonel Giuseppe Russo, police chiefs Emanuele Basile and Boris Giuliano, magistrates Rocco Chinnici and Cesare Terranova, and politicians Piersanti Mattarella and Pio La Torre.

This was their responce to lethal actuons against them.

StiltmanFTW
So we shouldn't hold it against Batman when his enemies are able to do things no one can.

Loved it how Bane told Riddler he would go fetch the Puzzler if he messed up laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud yeah, sounds like even the D listers can crack ADVANCED New Genesis tech...

Bonus factoid: in the Arkham scans I posted, the Joker is in them, moving around in plain sight - another bit of evidence showing that Batvillains do things that wouldn't be possible without plot.

StiltmanFTW
Under the guise of Eric Border, yes?

cdtm
Castle only has one games, but it's better then all of Batman's.

Except maybe the NES/Genesis side scroller, ala Ninja Gaiden.

And on topic, they are both awful protectors. Everyone dies, cities burn, they are no more protectors then Spectre was when he nuked a nation.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Castle only has one games

https://tinyurl.com/w3hy2uy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Punisher_video_games

DarkSaint85
Under the guise of Eric Border, yes?

Yah

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

cdtm
https://tinyurl.com/w3hy2uy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Punisher_video_games

Like I was saying, Predators only had one game, and it's better then all of Batmans.

DarkSaint85
Still wrong lol

AlbertoJohnAvil
Batman literally lets Joker out of all people run around gotham destroying the city, you think Frank will have the same problem?
Bruce is soft, that's literally one of the main reasons Frank does it better

DarkSaint85
He...doesn't LET him, lmao.

Besides, I'm really surprised that people think death in comics is something permanent lol.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Batman has left lesser dudes like kgbeast for dead without an issue. Joker is easy as **** to kill, batman and others have had him dead to rights and PIS and DC nostalgia is the only thing that saves the character.
https://i.postimg.cc/FkRZSmVC/lg.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
Yet again Jason todd had the dude dead to rights when there was no grand scheme involved.
https://i.postimg.cc/ftmc0KFF/plo.jpg

This should have went ahead and happened all the way.
https://i.postimg.cc/gXtxj6c5/sey.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
Batman dumb ass was basically willing to kill Jason to keep joker alive. The shit is just ridiculous when he has a whole stable of popular arch nemesis worthy villains.
https://i.postimg.cc/kD5jHr0X/pol.jpg

DarkSaint85
Wasn't Jason Todd dead ?

AlbertoJohnAvil
nah this was that goofy ass storyline where they brought him back

AlbertoJohnAvil
There's just no reason why Joker nor zsasz are still alive. Killing them would be justifiable seeing as though neither have ANY sort of believable redemption angle to roll off of.
They don't need him as an arch villain, even that lame ass professor pyg dude they came up with did that role solidly enough.

DarkSaint85
nah this was that goofy ass storyline where they brought him back

So you're saying death isn't permanent? Curious.

Sin I AM
So you're saying death isn't permanent? Curious.

Punisher kills no names. I can't remember a big gun hes managed to put down. Both missions are equally failed

DarkSaint85
Pretty much.

He only seems to go after low level mooks and no names. Never actually doing something about the Kingpins etc.

Recent Batman storyline also explains why Joker can't be killed.

DarkSaint85
Pretty much.

He only seems to go after low level mooks and no names. Never actually doing something about the Kingpins etc.

Recent Batman storyline also explains why Joker can't be killed - not that it even matters in a universe where Neron is waiting just around the corner to amp them up, Lazarus Pits are found around the world and death isn't permanent, even for one of the most famous deaths in comics, Jason.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Mind postin the scan of that recent theory

DarkSaint85
I dont have that scan- it's where Batman tells Jim that if the Joker's heart stops, it releases a virus which turns someone else into the Joker.

DarkSaint85
Found it.

Oh look, an explanation as to why Batman doesn't kill Joker:

https://i.postimg.cc/R04z8XZV/RCO023.jpg

Bentley
Patent proof Batman is crazy

AlbertoJohnAvil
Found it.

is that a theory though

Bentley
Batman likes to pretend he doesn't have a billion methods to get around that

DarkSaint85
is that a theory though

No, because that's exactly how he then gets Jokerised when Joker shoots himself in the chest. He gets infected with a new Joker virus against which none of his countermeasures work.

So it's not theoretical, it actually happens.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bentley
Batman likes to pretend he doesn't have a billion methods to get around that
laughing

Should be called Batman who laughs on the inside. He cray cray.

cdtm
He...doesn't LET him, lmao.

Besides, I'm really surprised that people think death in comics is something permanent lol.

Only sticks if you're Genis-Vell, it seems.

Kind of surprising he was never brought back, he was wildly popular as a crazy person.

AlbertoJohnAvil
No, because that's exactly how he then gets Jokerised when Joker shoots himself in the chest. He gets infected with a new Joker virus against which none of his countermeasures work.

So it's not theoretical, it actually happens.

Bruce didn't know that till recently from learning about the Batman Who Laughs, so that's a bullshit copout

Not to mention it's a whole other universe. Joker more than likely doesn't have a joker virus like that in the mainstream universe, that an already tried and failed plan. There's many other universes where that wasn't an issue either

DarkSaint85
Bruce didn't know that till recently from learning about the Batman Who Laughs, so that's a bullshit copout

Not to mention it's a whole other universe. Joker more than likely doesn't have a joker virus like that in the mainstream universe, that an already tried and failed plan. There's many other universes where that wasn't an issue either

He does have it in the mainstream universe. Did you read my post?

AlbertoJohnAvil
He does have it in the mainstream universe. Did you read my post?

for someone that talks about reading comprehension... You sure have a problem with reading your OWN scans.

I read it, he said HE thinks it not that he knows. Thats one of his fears.

https://i.postimg.cc/sQ532Krx/Screenshot-207.png

DarkSaint85
for someone that talks about reading comprehension... You sure have a problem with reading your OWN scans.

I read it, he said HE thinks it not that he knows. Thats one of his fears.

https://i.postimg.cc/sQ532Krx/Screenshot-207.png

Which was subsequently proven when the Joker shot himself and Batman was infected, as my post says.....

AlbertoJohnAvil
tt didn't happen in the mainstream universe yet. He's already went through the process of beating a broad spectrum version of the joker virus. They've already been fighting versions of new jokerized victims to get a sample off to get an antivirus.
https://i.postimg.cc/DJc1R9zP/ok.jpg

DarkSaint85
tt didn't happen in the mainstream universe yet. He's already went through the process of beating a broad spectrum version of the joker virus. They've already been fighting versions of new jokerized victims to get a sample off to get an antivirus.
https://i.postimg.cc/DJc1R9zP/ok.jpg

Erm....

It has.

https://i.postimg.cc/SsH4rT6p/28.jpg

This version was so strong, every single antitoxin he had simultaneously pumping into him could only delay it for a week or so.

DarkSaint85
Come back when you've read more Batman thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil
They live in a world where there's hundreds of green lanterns that could put joker in a bubble and fling his ass in deep space never to be seen again or the sun even.

there are 50-11 earth sector Lanterns. At least ONE of them is on Earth at all times, There's at least 1 always on or near earth not to mention they can Stargate straight there if needed.

DarkSaint85
They live in a world where there's hundreds of green lanterns that could put joker in a bubble and fling his ass in deep space never to be seen again or the sun even.

there are 50-11 earth sector Lanterns. At least ONE of them is on Earth at all times, There's at least 1 always on or near earth not to mention they can Stargate straight there if needed.

Concession accepted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.