A Live Action Transformers Movie to be Made!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sentinelrv
Here are two websites confirming it.

comingsoon.net/news.php?id=238

reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtmltype=entertainmentNews&
storyID=2909931

Oh my god, I'm so excited!!! I'm a really big Transformers fan. Plus the huge thing is that they are making it live action with CGI robots. People would rather see a live action movie than a cartoon. Thats probably why the original movie didn't do that good. This is going to be a big action blockbuster movie. Maybe it will turn into a trilogy(Star Wars Prequels, Jurassik Park, The Matrix, Spiderman, Terminator,
X-Men)

sentinelrv
Shoot, the second website isn't working, and thats the better article.

sentinelrv
Try this.

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42716-2003Jun11.html

Augeybana
The cartoon movie was also awesome.

KidRock
Transformers Robots in disguise!!! Transformers more then meet the eye! Yeah cant wait.

duffy
I cant wait this film is gonna rock!!
And it damm well better have the theme tune....or elsesmile

Darth Vicious
I cant wait either im a huuuge Transformer fan, Decepticons Rule!

sentinelrv
I think what they would do and what is best for the series is to start all over again. Just like Spider-Man and X-Men. Tell the tale from the beginning where the Autobots and Decepticons crash onto Earth, start a war and then go from there with whatever kind of wild script they cook up. It makes it less confusing and would get all new fans to the shows. I wouldn't like it if I had no knowledge of Transformer history and when I watched the movie, I was expected to know it or I just won't understand anything thats going on. Starting over is the best thing for the series. Plus the continuity is getting kind of messed up. What I mean is that Transformers, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines were all part of the same continuity. But then they put in the Japanese made cartoon Robots in Disguise which had nothing to do with continuity. It was like an alternate universe which is not good at all. They had something very good going and then they just destroy it with crappy shows. They also made Transformers Armada next which I think is crappy. They also need to take their time and do it right. Maybe it could be out in 2006 which is Transformers The Movie's 20th anniversary.

OptimusPrimeG1
I like the idea of having the next movie start from the very beginning. I too think it would be less confusing to someone who may not know much or anything about the Transformers universe. Especially if it's going to be live action. I'm definitely psyched to go see it. I don't know if I could wait until 2006 though. eek!

chico23
Yeah, they need to take their time and do it right. Transformers fans, like myself, have waited this long we can wait a little longer. I hope they stay as true as they can to the transformers' storyline. Man, I can't wait!!

sentinelrv
I'm just worried about the ending though. Usually the bad guy dies in the movie. I don't want Megatron to die. They should do what they did in X-Men 1 and 2. Magneto didn't die in either movies. They need to find a way around death. They better not turn him into Galvatron either, I don't like him. Megatron is supposed to be Megatron, no other.

Senor_Pessoba
not really a fan of the Transformers...watched it a few times..but the idea of a live action movie sounds like it could be great...i mean who doesnt want to see big, really good CGI robots fighting each other...with a plot even...that just makes me dizzy

eleveninches
Bad guys dont always die in the movies.
The first couple of star wars films didnt have vader dying.
Saruman was not killed in the first LOTR movie.

eleveninches
I think the main bad guys should be:

Movie 1 : Megatron
Movie 2 : Unicron
Movie 3 : Galvatron

forumcrew
i wouldnst say its gonna be a blockbuster yet... ill have to see how it looks they could easily screw this up

Cinemaddiction
How they would make a "live action" movie out of animated characters is beyond me. It will be like the new pitiful Star Wars movies, Human actors acting with CGI characters.

Besides, who really wants a Transformers movie, aside from old school fans maybe? Sounds like as big a mistake as making a Garfield movie.

These things were only cool way back when for a reason.

rubber dickie
i just wanna see the movie to see how the robots would look like.

Stokely
I'm against this. Screw CGI. Screw Hollywood.

BlazingBarrells
Originally posted by eleveninches
I think the main bad guys should be:

Movie 1 : Megatron
Movie 2 : Unicron
Movie 3 : Galvatron

i dont care what is going to happen with this movie, either it will be killer or just suck. and i am happy that Michael Bay is going to direct it. he should do an amazing job. and i agree with eleveninches, galvatrons story is the best idea in the whole transformers universe. well next to old scool beastwars.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Sounds like as big a mistake as making a Garfield movie.

These things were only cool way back when for a reason.

its sciFi with lots of action ... that by itself will draw people ... then the old school fans of course.... i think it would make a shit ton of money .. dont see how it is a bad decision

MildPossession
I didn't click on the websites, but is this the movie where they are doing the CGI based on what was used for a famous advert here in England for the Citroen make car, the car that turns into a dancing robot?

Sure I heard that somewhere.

BlazingBarrells
iduhno, sounds like it could be cool, or crap, whatever......yeah

eleveninches
They've been talking about a live action transformer movie for about 20 years, and there still isnt anything definite about it. Expect to wait at least 5 years before it is released

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by sentinelrv
Here are two websites confirming it.

comingsoon.net/news.php?id=238

reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtmltype=entertainmentNews&
storyID=2909931

Oh my god, I'm so excited!!! I'm a really big Transformers fan. Plus the huge thing is that they are making it live action with CGI robots. People would rather see a live action movie than a cartoon. Thats probably why the original movie didn't do that good. This is going to be a big action blockbuster movie. Maybe it will turn into a trilogy(Star Wars Prequels, Jurassik Park, The Matrix, Spiderman, Terminator,
X-Men)

Interesting but I do not think it will turn out that good.JM sad

Filmmaker451
I'm not sure who's directing, Who's producing and who's writing but steven speilberg, mcihael bay and roland emerich are involved in the making. I never heard of transformers till like a while ago when they announced it being made into a film.

Sorry if this has been announced that those three filmmakers are involved but I didn't see a single post mentioning it. I'm not sure about michael bay I mean I only saw one film of his but bad boys II was extremely nauseating. I could barely take a bit out of my popcorn watching it. I do admit it was entertaining but still very harsh on the stomach. I wonder what other horrible things he can do to a movie like this. I'm already praying that the island will be good. But on the other hand when you hear the two graceful words: Steven speilberg you can't help but smile in wonder smile ... Roland emerich... Jurassic park... Good... The day after tomorrow... Not so good sick

derwin sawyer
Can someone please direct me to how I can find out about 2006 Transformers movie thanks DSB

dawsey28
Google.com is always a good idea:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808512169

Well that is not much help, but I don't know any others.

Erazmus
If you truly want information about the Transformer live action movie, then go to the source. http://www.donmurphy.net

He has message boards where you get info straight from the producer. Don Murphy is one of the producers. smile

Onikirimaru
Sounds like they are trying to repackage in live action to try and cash in on the "Superhero" style movie genre thats being squeezed out now a days.

TheFilmProphet
SOURCE: CBM

The new website promoting the highly aniticipated 'Transformers' movie adaption is now online which includes a new Steven Spielberg video interview, photos, news, and more. Click HERE to visit.

Meanwhile, TFW2005 has a video of a trailer of sorts that Dreamworks debuted at the Comic-Con Hasbro panel for the upcoming movie.

Here is how FilmRot describes the trailer.

"The vid begins with an introduction by Steven Spielberg and consists of footage ripped from various animated incarnations, pre-vis elements of the "in-production" film itself, and fully-rendered CG shots of the Transformers, well... transforming - all set to the classic "more than meets the eye" theme song. It's interesting to note that most of the *really* good looking stuff was not produced by Dreamworks, but rather was ripped from fan-films and shorts from around the web. Still, the pre-vis stuff looks faithful and fun, as it should. The pre-vis goodness starts at approximately a minute and fifty seconds in."

The trailer can be viewed HERE

Additionally, to make things clear about the release date:

With Transformers writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci taking time off from the project to go to Rome and start working on J.J. Abrams' Mission: Impossible 3, starring Tom Cruise, DreamWorks and Paramount have moved the big screen robots adaptation back from November 17, 2006 to July 4, 2007.

ShaKoon
sorry to be mean, but i doubt TRANSFORMERS would get any money,
sorry

Kumar
yeah really. i mean, don't get me wrong, i was into transformers....... when i was like 5. it is a cool idea but i don't think that it will be a "blockbuster"

chilled monkey
Originally posted by MildPossession
I didn't click on the websites, but is this the movie where they are doing the CGI based on what was used for a famous advert here in England for the Citroen make car, the car that turns into a dancing robot?

Sure I heard that somewhere.

I know that advert. My mother and I were talking about it just recently. If an "advert" can achieve something like that, imagine what a movie-size budget can do!

As long as it's Generation 1 Transformers, I'll definately look forwards to this. 'Armada' and the like can't compare to the real thing.

Losty
they better not **** this movie up

darth_royke
i've seen in a film magazine that the story will be about a teenager getting his first car and it being a transformer....... and lets be honest that sounds shit. keep the original story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miroku
this a better site
http://www.transformerslive.com/board/index.php?

Mando
I'm looking forward to it.

As long at optimus prime is badass.

miroku
click on the link
http://www.transformerslive.com/

miroku
mando click on the link then click on video

Capt_Fantastic
This could go either way, it could be really great, or a total disappointment.

I love transformers, but I'm leary of this project. And just because Speilburg is involved, doesn't imply it being any good.

Imperial_Samura
I feel the same way, I loved the Transformer comics (the original G1 and to a degree the G2 comic series) alot more then the cartoons, though the movie had some impressive voice acting (Nimoy, Idle, Welles etc) and a certain campy charm (nothing like a battle of life and death, good and evil while some 80's hair band sings "You've got the touch, you've got the power, yeah!"wink Though I have been a bit disappointed with all the new incarnations of late, and the more anime style of some of them.

Still, a movie could be good, depending on the storyline - the story line is everything. If they just focus on CGG or whatever make shudder at the thought this could end up like another "Final Fantasy - The Final Phantom" or whatever it was called, and the various games tie ins and the like. Still, I'll hope, and dream it happens, and caputures the feel of the original.

And still Jewish of course. smile

Patrick2289
Absolutly great that they are making a movie of these characters...... Happy Dance

Can't wait smokin'

omaga
do we have any tranformer fans and are u lookin forward 2 the new movie? http://www.transformerland.com/transformers-the-movie.html

DarkWizard
Merged

kiro3023
I agree that its going to be good with a live action movie and I am a big transformers fan also but I tend to disagree with you on the part that people would rather see a live action over a cartoon.You cant speak for everyone and you dont know if this one is going to do better then the cartoon version.I think the cartoon version did great with it because it had all the great qualities of a original, i repeat, original transformers concept.Now these new spinoffs they have been making are good but not great compared to the original series of the mid to late eighties.Some movies that turned live action from cartoons didnt do so good like Masters of the Universe.

Swanky-Tuna
I saw a jumped through a video that was supposed to be some exciting footage about the movie that ended up being a guy walking around a tractor trailer painted up like Optimus with a cover on it with the announcement on it. It was like 10 minutes long.

Regardless, I'm kind of excited but fully expect it to love it or hate it. Or think it's alright.

wonner
Originally posted by Patrick2289
Absolutly great that they are making a movie of these characters...... Happy Dance

Can't wait smokin'
Why, it sounds like somekinda childish...

miroku
release date july 4th 2007 they already have the human cast

Myth
Teaser is out. Good teaser. Still skeptical about Michael Bay.

lordofwar
Here is the teaser

http://www.moviemaze.de/media/trailer/delivery/08746536381b473c5d36caa378099e33fb81f401c68/transformers_teaser01_en_640.mov

Dusty
Originally posted by Myth
Teaser is out. Good teaser. Still skeptical about Michael Bay.

Teaser is still loading. I too am skeptical.

dave_kodak
today i woke with a smile on my face as i gladly walked down to my good old PC turned it on and loaded up the news trailer for this movie.

it made me cry as i am a fan.

Alpha Centauri
I honestly want this movie to be excellent, but chances are that everyone will find something wrong with it, even if it IS great.

There are far too many characters to make everyone happy, they probably won't look the same, which will piss people off.

I just hope it's good, I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I hear it's based on the originals, so I hope it'll be ok. I just don't get why Michael Bay is saying they're from Mars if they can turn into objects from Earth. Hopefully they'll cover that up or explain it.

-AC

office jesus
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I honestly want this movie to be excellent, but chances are that everyone will find something wrong with it, even if it IS great.

There are far too many characters to make everyone happy, they probably won't look the same, which will piss people off.

I just hope it's good, I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I hear it's based on the originals, so I hope it'll be ok. I just don't get why Michael Bay is saying they're from Mars if they can turn into objects from Earth. Hopefully they'll cover that up or explain it.

-AC

Dude, I'm with you. My only concern is that they handle the mythos right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.