Captain Marvel (DC) & Hawkman vs. Blue Marvel & Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Dog_of_War

ShadowFyre
Hawkman would absolutely murder Cage and then it would be 2 on 1

lawest9
Cap and Blue M could probably go either way, Cage has the strength advantage over HM, but HM has the tech in his favor that can give him the win.

Stoic
Why would Hawkman absolutely murder Cage? Any reasons?

ShadowFyre
He can fly, has comparable strength and durability, and has a weapon that's gonna put a hurting on Cage quickly.

When two beings have comparable stats, but one of them has a massive mobility and a weapons advantage, I'm gonna give it to them.

Philosophía
Captain Marvel solos.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by lawest9
Cap and Blue M could probably go either way, Cage has the strength advantage over HM, but HM has the tech in his favor that can give him the win.

lawest9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He can fly, has comparable strength and durability, and has a weapon that's gonna put a hurting on Cage quickly.

When two beings have comparable stats, but one of them has a massive mobility and a weapons advantage, I'm gonna give it to them. Last time that I checked Hawkman's strength level was nowhere near Cage's, but again, with his weaponry and tech he can still win this.

ShadowFyre
It's not? I was pretty sure he was roughly in the same ballpark.

lawest9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
It's not? I was pretty sure he was roughly in the same ballpark. Cage started out as a 3-5 tonner back in the day, but further experiments and training have increased his strength level to at least class 50-60 and stated possibly much more, now if Hawkman is on that level then apparently I've missed something, but to his credit however I've read that he has tanked punches from heavy hitters like Black Adam and Aquaman for example, so obviously his durability is pretty good.

Stoic
Blue Marvel puts these guys away with ease.

BruceSkywalker
Dunno who Captain Marvel is but Shazam can solo

TheHulkster
Cage started out as a 3-5 tonner back in the day, but further experiments and training have increased his strength level to at least class 50-60 and stated possibly much more, now if Hawkman is on that level then apparently I've missed something, but to his credit however I've read that he has tanked punches from heavy hitters like Black Adam and Aquaman for example, so obviously his durability is pretty good.

I am under the impression that his strength level has been elevated to class 25.

Juntai
Captain Marvel wins.

Juntai

Juntai
Aha, I didnt mean to post that. But it's funny.

lawest9
Originally posted by TheHulkster
I am under the impression that his strength level has been elevated to class 25. If you referring to Cage, the wiki's says 50-60 ton class at the least.

MrMind
Captain Marvel solos

TheHulkster
If you referring to Cage, the wiki's says 50-60 ton class at the least.

This was back in 2005, so I don't know if anything changed, but this handbook entry shows 25 ton class.

https://imgur.com/a/tg5tW7S
https://imgur.com/a/uM9NoWi

Thing about Cage is that he was created be a street level character but given enough strength and durability to reasonably hang with upper tiers. Like so many street level characters, he often performs well above his level. The original 3 ton mark made little sense because he never appeared to have a third of Spider-Man's strength.

lawest9
This was back in 2005, so I don't know if anything changed, but this handbook entry shows 25 ton class.

https://imgur.com/a/tg5tW7S
https://imgur.com/a/uM9NoWi

Thing about Cage is that he was created be a street level character but given enough strength and durability to reasonably hang with upper tiers. Like so many street level characters, he often performs well above his level. The original 3 ton mark made little sense because he never appeared to have a third of Spider-Man's strength. Thanks for the links, but there are a little out dated, I have the current link posted below that reveals his current upgrades, look under 'powers and abilities' and read the 'superhuman strength' column, it show you that his strength level is at class 50 0r higher.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Luke_Cage_(Earth-616)

lawest9
That link didn't open the way that I downloaded it, but click on the name Luke Cage and it will still take you to the desired page.

TheHulkster
The MDB is a fan edited Wiki. Cage may reasonably perform at class 50+ in the books, but I don't think that number is official. I would agree that it doesn't seem like Doc Samson should be class 70 compared to Cage being 25.

lawest9
I'm satisfied that off of feats alone Cage is class 50+, even from his inception he has often demonstrated beyond the strength limit documented on him.

lawest9
The MDB is a fan edited Wiki. Cage may reasonably perform at class 50+ in the books, but I don't think that number is official. I would agree that it doesn't seem like Doc Samson should be class 70 compared to Cage being 25. To touch on something that you touched on about Doc Samson, I could have sworn that he was far stronger from his inception to what he has been in recent decades, he has feats that suggest that he's a class 100, but he has been grossly watered down.

deft
Captain Marvel can solo.

lawest9
Originally posted by deft
Captain Marvel can solo. Either him or Blue Marvel.

TheHulkster
I'm satisfied that off of feats alone Cage is class 50+, even from his inception he has often demonstrated beyond the strength limit documented on him.

I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.