Movies you cant believe got sequels or became trilogies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672

Surtur
Star Wars The Force Awakens.

SquallX

Surtur
I can't believe we got so many damned Hunger Games movies.

jaden_2.0
No idea why so many garbage horror movies end up with franchises. Insidious, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity etc.

Same with action films aimed at teens like Maze Runner, Divergent

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Those were based on books, So course they were going to adapt them.

riv6672

cdtm
The Bayformers.

Only good one was the first. Kept getting progressively worse each movie, yet made a ton of money. For some reason.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
No idea why so many garbage horror movies end up with franchises. Insidious, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity etc.

The first Insidious was good.

relentless1
lI can't believe thematically speaking we got a third Terminator and beyond tbh, I get the cash grab and all and that's why any and all sequels mentioned here will have been made but cmon... also ion my list:

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality

Zenwolf
Originally posted by relentless1
lI can't believe thematically speaking we got a third Terminator and beyond tbh, I get the cash grab and all and that's why any and all sequels mentioned here will have been made but cmon... also ion my list:

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality

When did Lion King get a sequel? OP discounted direct video.

Unless you mean the 2019 one.

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
The Bayformers.

Only good one was the first. Kept getting progressively worse each movie, yet made a ton of money. For some reason.

I like the first two, and I like Bumblebee. The rest can **** all the way off, though.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
I like the first two, and I like Bumblebee. The rest can **** all the way off, though.

Second one was watchable compared to the rest, just not as good as the first one imo.

Bumblebee I don't count as a Bayformer movie. I think Bay had a consulting role, but the director was Travis Knight.

Cut and pasted from Vs General Discussion.

No idea how I made that mistake. Or if I even did, and the board didn't glitch out.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur
The first Insidious was good.

1st half was. Up until the dinner table scare. Turned complete shite after that.

-Pr-
Cut and pasted from Vs General Discussion.

No idea how I made that mistake. Or if I even did, and the board didn't glitch out.

Second one was watchable compared to the rest, just not as good as the first one imo.

Bumblebee I don't count as a Bayformer movie. I think Bay had a consulting role, but the director was Travis Knight.

laughing out loud

Honestly, I can't tell you a thing about the plot of the second movie. But I absolutely love that scene when Prime beats the living piss out of a whole bunch of Decepticons single-handed.

True, I just included it because it was transformers.

relentless1
Originally posted by Zenwolf
When did Lion King get a sequel? OP discounted direct video.

Unless you mean the 2019 one.

wasnt the one called simbas pride in theatres? i could be mistaken about that

riv6672

YMike322
I didn't really liked Hunger Games movies either!

Fleurrose
Originally posted by YMike322
I didn't really liked Hunger Games movies either!
Event me i like the first one but the rest no

StiltmanFTW
Bloodrayne.

Transformers.

Revenge of the Living Dead (seriously, one was enough).

Raptor22
Caddyshack

WolvesofBabylon
Comedies should rarely get sequels

Anchorman
Zoolander
Hangover
Caddyshack
Major League
Coming to America which is coming soon

BackFire
Probably John Wick. I love the movies but the most impressive thing about them is that they were able to take a relatively straight forward revenge action movie and turn it into one of the most consistent film series currently on the market. I can't imagine the filmmakers expected to be making sequels to that movie several years down the road.

riv6672

Myth
Mad Max. I've grown to appreciate the original over time, but upon initial viewing I couldn't believe it spawned the sequels that it did (I saw parts 2 and 3 before the original).

John Murdoch

John Murdoch
Also, I'll put The Matrix on here. The first movie's ending is one of the best in film history period, with Neo now able to fly and leaving it up to the viewer to imagine he and the humans continuing quest to stop the machines. Like the turning point in a war with one side gaining some serious momentum and a Superman-like advantage.

While I liked both the sequels as both technical marvels and storytelling efforts (The Animatrix helped flesh out the world-building substantially as well), I wouldn't have thought as a kid in 1999 that I'd be seeing not one but TWO Matrix sequels just four years later.

cdtm
Indiana Jones.

Because the second movie was objectively awful. Tried watching it recently, and just could not do it.

jeremiah2020
dr dolittle
its trailer is released today

Putinbot1
Highlander, the sequels add nothing and yet sequels, tv and cartoons. Why? Money!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by relentless1

Trainspotting
Dumb and Dumber
Lion King
The Hangover
Home Alone

and those are just off the dome there are many many more out there that were made for a quick buck with no thought towards quality I'd be disappointed if they'd never released a Terminator movie based on the future though, like we only got flashes of it in 1 and 2. Were they good movies? No, but I'm glad they exist.

I'll still watch The Phantom Menace over and over for that matter.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.