Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Kazenji
Seen that the other day from Dan Aykroyd confirming Murray is back. Don't know why he's been such a debbie downer with the Ghostbuster's franchise

just embrace the fandom.

Inhuman
Hope its good. Not a fan of Finn.
The only thing left is for Rick Moranis to join.

Patient_Leech
I take consolation in the fact that it can't possibly be anywhere near as bad as Ghostbusters 2016.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seen that the other day from Dan Aykroyd confirming Murray is back. Don't know why he's been such a debbie downer with the Ghostbuster's franchise

just embrace the fandom.
On this we agree.

Kazenji
Trailer for this is expected to be out next week

oh and a new poster

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49180827997_1ac85077f3_b.jpg

riv6672

Kazenji
Trailer for this one better be good.

steverules_2

Kazenji
It's gotta be story wise.

riv6672
Trailer for this one better be good.
The trailer for EVERY movie better be good, and by god there had better be no teaser!!! mad

Patient_Leech
Trailer for this is expected to be out next week

I hope Melissa McCarthy and the rest of the cast from Ghostbusters 2016 have cameos...

...NOT

Patient_Leech
Well I guess this is the trailer...

t4a2HFWPhow

riv6672
Someone’s been binging STRANGER THINGS then pitching movie reboots...

Patient_Leech
Yeah, sure. But I mean, it's cool. It breathes some new life into it. Looks like it could be fun.

Like I said, there's no way it can be anywhere near as bad as the 2016 abomination.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
I couldn't get all the way through the 2016 one. I find Melissa McCarthy horribly unfunny.

I know what they were trying to do. They were trying to recreate the chemistry of the original with new improvisational comedians. Just a terribly stupid idea and a massive misfire.

riv6672

riv6672

Impediment
Did anyone else notice the collection of spores, molds, and fungi?

ares834
Weird trailer. It banks heavily on nostalgia from the originals but it looks like it will be nothing like the original with a completely different tone. It doesn't looks to be comedic at all.

Also, how the hell do the kids not know who the Ghostbusters are if it's set in the same universe? The Ghostbusters saved NYC twice from monsters, everyone should know who they are.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well I guess this is the trailer...

t4a2HFWPhow

Kids are the new ghostbusters now? Well I guess it's better than the 2016 film

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by ares834
Weird trailer. It banks heavily on nostalgia from the originals but it looks like it will be nothing like the original with a completely different tone. It doesn't looks to be comedic at all.

Also, how the hell do the kids not know who the Ghostbusters are if it's set in the same universe? The Ghostbusters saved NYC twice from monsters, everyone should know who they are.

at the beginning of GB2 they were already widely forgotten/discredited and relegated to entertaining children's birthday parties; so it's safe to assume the same shit happens after GB2

Kazenji
Looks okay...but i need to see more

I hope Melissa McCarthy and the rest of the cast from Ghostbusters 2016 have cameos...

...NOT

I didn't have a problem with the cast of 2016, It was the story that they went with for it was the issue.

riv6672

Nemesis X
That feeling you haven't felt since The Force Awakens, witnessing a sequel to something epicly nostalgic decades later.

"But wait I thought we had a Ghostbuster sequel 3 years-" NOPE NEVER HAPPENED.

ares834
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
at the beginning of GB2 they were already widely forgotten/discredited and relegated to entertaining children's birthday parties; so it's safe to assume the same shit happens after GB2

Fair enough. I only saw GB2 once and that was when I was very young.

I believe a giant monster rampaging in New York or the Statue of Liberty dancing through the city would be events monumental and intresting enough to remember 30 years later...

riv6672
So do i.

Kazenji
Looks like Gozar is coming back for round 2 in that trailer, Apart from the obvious Terror dog. That mine use to also belong to Ivo shandor.

riv6672

steverules_2

-Pr-
Maybe if she'd made a decent movie, she'd have reason to be bitter.

Kazenji
Leslie Jones is the only one acting like a debbie downer from that group.

Patient_Leech
Leslie Jones is the only one acting like a debbie downer from that group.

And she's the only one I've ever found sort of funny. But she was still completely out of place for a Ghostbusters movie.

Kazenji
And she's the only one I've ever found sort of funny. But she was still completely out of place for a Ghostbusters movie.

I found Kate McKinnon more funny out of the group from that movie.

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
Did anyone else notice the collection of spores, molds, and fungi?

I did in the video game. Last time the entire gang could get together.

Harold Ramis will be missed.

Surtur
I personally hate Mike from Stranger Things in pretty much everything he is in. He's annoying. He was annoying in IT too.

Surtur

Patient_Leech
Ugh... because "EveRytHing shoULd be abOuT anNoYiNg IdenTiTy PoLiticS!!" crybaby

That's of course why Ghostbusters 2016 was so good. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
Imagine how hurt they'll be when this movie earns more money than the 2016 one.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Imagine how hurt they'll be when this movie earns more money than the 2016 one.

Oh yes, the butthurt will be excruciating.

Kazenji
Paul Feig's thought's on the trailer

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/director-paul-feig-reacts-to-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer

Surtur
There's something strange in the neighborhood, who you gon' call? TEE-NAGERS

Kazenji
I'm sure that sounded funny when you were thinking that up inside your head.

Surtur
smile

cdtm
Paul Feig's thought's on the trailer

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/director-paul-feig-reacts-to-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer

Good for Paul Feig. Say what you want about him, he's being a good sport about this, and his interest in the franchise seems genuine.

riv6672
I'm sure that sounded funny when you were thinking that up inside your head.
laughing out loud

Surtur
https://frinkiac.com/video/S09E02/5_zu4ih9JP1Nw76OqtiIanoNZLM=.gif

Impediment
XKe5XTrThj8

My nipples are hard enough to cut glass.

Patient_Leech
Well, I will say it does look fun.

I'm still skeptical, though, given the number of mediocre and awful reboots/resurrections we've had.

Robtard
Does look decent and the nostalgia of seeing Ecto-1 was nice.

Kinda gave me a 'Super 8' vibe being centered around teens as the protagonist. Which isn't a bad thing, as Super 8 was a fun flick aimed at the younger crowd.

jaden_2.0
Muh seriousness.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
My nipples are hard enough to cut glass.

Your personal activities don't seem particularly relevant to this thread.

Bashar Teg
great trailer thumb up

riv6672
Trailer was fun! thumb up

robotflug
Why do the Ghostbusters sequels have to reset and rehash the entire story all over again?.

In Ghostbusters 2, Five years after saving New York City from destruction by the shape-shifting god Gozer, the Ghostbusters have been sued for the property damage incurred and barred from investigating the supernatural, forcing them out of business. Makes no sense how everyone acts like the ghosts including Gozer were a hoax and hate the team because they believe it was fake the whole time even though they seen the apocalypse happening right there with real evidence.

The upcoming movie Ghostbusters: Afterlife has the idea of the original Ghostbusters have been largely forgotten by the world beyond their fan base. which is unrealistic as they stopped another big villain as seen in Ghostbusters 2 named Vigo and saved the entire city all over again in part 2. How can everyone act like it never happen and just treat it as a hoax?.

Thats like saying the entire events of both World Wars 1 & 2 are a hoax.

riv6672
Originally posted by robotflug
How can everyone act like it never happen and just treat it as a hoax?.

Thats like saying the entire events of both World Wars 1 & 2 are a hoax.
^^^No, just the Holocaust, according to some.
To use a line from another movie, A person is smart. PPL are dumb.

jaden_2.0
Saw this tonight and it was surprisingly awesome. The cast are almost all excellent particularly Mckenna Grace, Carrie Coon and Logan Kim. Great sarcastic and dead pan humour. Just the right amount of nostalgia. A ridiculously cheesy ending. All good stuff. 8/10

Patient_Leech
That's encouraging to hear.

Goon4PayDayz
XH-y83A1yFA

Kazenji
Gotta wait until 1st of January next year for it to be released in Australia. I'm expecting people are gonna pirate it until then

stupid ****en movie distributors here.

riv6672
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Saw this tonight and it was surprisingly awesome. The cast are almost all excellent particularly Mckenna Grace, Carrie Coon and Logan Kim. Great sarcastic and dead pan humour. Just the right amount of nostalgia. A ridiculously cheesy ending. All good stuff. 8/10

That's encouraging to hear.

Yeah it is. Very pumped for this.

Darth Thor
Not even seen Eternals yet, but think im gonna watch this first. Just way more stoked for it.

Can always catch Eternals on Disney plus in 3 months.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Not even seen Eternals yet, but think im gonna watch this first. Just way more stoked for it.
/B]

Same here and i've even read the old Eternals comics which i kinda liked.

Myth

Old Man Whirly!

Patient_Leech
Do I need to revisit Ghostbusters 2 before I see this? It's been a long time...

Old Man Whirly!
Do I need to revisit Ghostbusters 2 before I see this? It's been a long time... No need, the call backs are from 1.

Patient_Leech
Good to know. Thanks.

Old Man Whirly!
Good to know. Thanks. Paul Rudd is enjoyable in this.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Paul Rudd is enjoyable in this.

The sexiest man alive?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No need, the call backs are from 1. correct me if I'm wrong but did Ray's Occult appear in the first movie? It's not critical by any means but a fun nod.

Darth Thor
Definitely tied a lot to Ghostbusters 2.

Paul Rudd not in that much. Was focused on the kids.

Darth Thor

Robtard
Thought it was just okay, not as good as the original, but had a better story than GBII and that god awful reboot. Really aimed at the younger audience.

Some of the throw backs to the first two films were fun, some were kinda stupid.

roughrider
I know COVID was a factor in this, but this ends up grossing less than the all female reboot in 2016, and has a somewhat lower rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Either people are tired of this IP, or showing loyalty to to female comic version in 2016, or something else.

Patient_Leech
Watched this, thought it was not very good.

Too much unironic nostalgia, rehash, and rebootage.

I look forward to watching the RLM review...

nMtrjNPcjR0

RdCrsBluShld
5Ay5GqJwHF8

RdCrsBluShld
∆∆∆

Watched this, thought it was not very good.

Too much unironic nostalgia, rehash, and rebootage.

I look forward to watching the RLM review...

nMtrjNPcjR0 duck duck you YOU YOU GOOSE 👍

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.