I'll never get "potential weapons bans"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Like how carrying around a baseball bat without a glove is against the law and many US districts, because you can break someone's legs with it.

Sure, you can use a lot of things as a weapon. You can use your car as a weapon.

Here's a thought experiment: How many motorists do you think will try and run you down today? How much sleep do you lose at night, over whether some lunatic is going come at you with a car?

So why should it be any different if someones carrying around pepper spray?

What we're making is a statement about people. It's like saying if everyone had a baseball bat, there would be a bloodly brawl on every street corner.

If people were really that bad, I'd think making sure no one has a bat is the least of our problems.

Trocity
Originally posted by cdtm
Like how carrying around a baseball bat without a glove is against the law and many US districts

lol wtf, seriously?

That's real?

cdtm
Originally posted by Trocity
lol wtf, seriously?

That's real?

Unfortunately, it's a thing. Ball, bat, and glove is legal. Bat by itself is a ticket or jail time.

Same thing with crowbars, and a lot of potentially offensive weapons.

Call me crazy, but if someone's willing to break your legs, I doubt they care about these policies. It's Joe Ignorant who gets caught carrying a bat around because he left his glove and ball back home, and just never bothered to take the bat out of the back seat yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.