6 Underground (Michael Bay)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech

BruceSkywalker
i may watch

Robtard
I'll be checking it out

Kazenji
7/10 from Joblo.com

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
7/10 from Joblo.com

messed blink

riv6672

John Murdoch
Watched the first half of it last night with my wife. Wow, Michael Bay did his thing again:
- Action sequences were great and what stood out the most about this film. I like how Bay actually shot what would happen to human bodies in a ragdoll physics Unreal engine sort of way if a 203 grenade round hit a dude in the face as it went further into a vehicle's cab and then blew up, or how a bunch of dudes would look as they flailed falling to the ground off a skyscraper. Very visceral.
- As Riv mentioned, Ryan Reynolds Ryan Reynoldsed his way like he does, which is always a guilty pleasure of mine to watch. The supporting performances were solid, especially Manuel Garcia-Rulfo as Three.
- Michael Bay and screenwriters Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese had some pretty jarring but hilarious tonal shifts, of note at the newbie Seven's fake funeral, where his cousin or other family member starts cussing and loses it emotionally. Reminded me a lot of the scene in Pain & Gain where the Rock is grilling chicken or steaks of something next to a severed hand. HILARIOUS.

Anyways, need to finish it, but what I saw was Michael Bay over-the-top explosive fun at the American auteur's finest.

BruceSkywalker
pretty decent film... loved the filming locales... pretty good action sequences.. script was a little weak but serviceable.

Patient_Leech
God, I made a thread for this? I don't remember doing it at all. Haha..

Anyway, I actually watched it. Not sure why I finished it. I guess as some others explained: the violence, action, and locations. Some nice looking women, too.

But the movie is shit overall. 4/10.

Been on a Michael Bay kick lately. I was surprised how good 13 Hours was. Seems a fluke in his filmography, heh.

Planning to rewatch The Island. Only saw it in the theater and I remember being pretty disappointed at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.