Foundations: Worst sci fi ever made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Or worst fiction ever written, period?

Isaac Asimov is such a hack.

Tzeentch
I read prelude to foundation in the first foundation book, both when I was around 12. What don't you like about the franchise

Tzeentch
Retard

Mindship
I was never an Asimov fan. He had some cool ideas, but I found his writing somewhat lackluster.

xXI_wing_IXx
Sharknado is always in my mind for some reason.. It's however the best comedy ever xd

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindship
I was never an Asimov fan. He had some cool ideas, but I found his writing somewhat lackluster.
Same.
I never saw the big deal. There was a lot less pretentious, lit more fun stuff out there at the time I was exposed to him.

cdtm
Of course, this is actually one of the best sci fi series ever.

Going into it, I thought it would be dated. It isn't. If anything, it was ahead of its time, many elements feel contemporary.

It beats Star Wars "classics" like the Yuzong Vong invasion by a mile imo (Not to say that wasn't good, but it can't compare to Foundations)

cdtm
I have to amend that.

The first book is great. Foundation and Empire is good up until the last half.

The Mule ruins everything.

The political intrigue and empire building was grand, the personalities and trailblazers interesting, and I liked the nods to history.

Super powers are out of place in this universe. It goes from a good Game of Thrones, to an Emperor Palpatine vs the Jedi Council. Not interesting in the least.

theronmad
If you look at the seralo plane, then I think these are some TV series of the 90s, for example, "Babylon 5", or "At the edge of the universe"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.