CW vs Fox: Hax Team Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Fox Legion:

J_w9PZ5vGOU

Fox Shadow King:

0UxuLVU3NyY

Fox Apocalypse:

YB0DBIPechU

VS

CW Abra Kadabra

ZYeNjx_3hjk

CW Mr Mxyzptlk

kNghH0cJk44

CW Music Meister

9IuWzywh08c

- Fight starts in an empty park.
- Everyone is in character.
- Victory when one side is completed incapable of continuing the fight.

Round 1:

Random Encounter.

Round 2:

Each team gets 2 hours prep.

Lestov16
I'm going to say that Legion solos (if at full power with no PIS). His mind literally is reality.

TheVaultDweller
Well, Mr Mxyzptlk also warps reality at his whim. IIRC, the only limit he has that David doesn't is he can't manipulate someone's free will. I am not really sure what Music Meister actually does, to be honest. Because he's able to copy the powers of anyone he traps in that dream reality of his as well:

CGl60gNlWns

And it should be noted that he was never out to kill them. Just teach them "lessons".

carthage
Bane dies

Lestov16
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, Mr Mxyzptlk also warps reality at his whim. IIRC, the only limit he has that David doesn't is he can't manipulate someone's free will. I am not really sure what Music Meister actually does, to be honest. Because he's able to copy the powers of anyone he traps in that dream reality of his as well:

CGl60gNlWns

And it should be noted that he was never out to kill them. Just teach them "lessons".

David is literally God. He threatened to wipe out the entire Time Demon species, who had the ability to alter reality (albeit through time-related methods)

Also, David is able to create musicals as well, as shown after he slaughtered Division 3 to get switch.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Lestov16
Also, David is able to create musicals as well, as shown after he slaughtered Division 3 to get switch.

Y'know, I've been trying to figure out how to interpret some of the musicals, actually. Because, in most shows, you'd just dismiss it as artistic license. But music plays such a core part in many key moments in the show, you can't. Especially as David himself sometimes uses music and song to express himself during really stressful times (for example, during both the Season 2 & 3 climax battles with the Shadow King).

Which makes me wonder whether David actually subconsciously temporarily resurrected some those people to sing (Lennie & Clark etc.), or animated their corpses or something, when Switch asks him how he felt about killing almost everyone on the air ship:

OpHSOAVuAdQ

Like I said, with most shows, the audience would probably dismiss it. But considering how it's featured in other key moments, you can't simply do that here.

Gcoz6geWtf4

hXr_QcYO-8A

4U3Zyc9KnK8

riv6672
Whoa that is some deep shit w. David and the music. confused

Leaning towards CW right now.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Whoa that is some deep shit w. David and the music. confused

Yeah, watching that show raises a lot of questions on different levels. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about what happened during the finale, even now. Because Legion and the Shadow King essentially reset the timeline from a specific point onward, changing how events will unfold for the next three decades. But, technically, in the process, they're killing a timeline and all the versions of the people that existed in it. Syd even points to it during an earlier discussion when David tells her his plan. She asks, "Do you think it hurts? Being erased." Buuuuuuuuuut, at the same time, all these characters who spent 3 seasons mostly eating shit (and often through no fault of their own) finally get a second chance at a better life.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, this show brings up a lot of the more difficult questions most comics tend to gloss over, like, for example, the use of telepathy and how it relates to ideas of consent and power dynamics.

And you get different perspectives as well. Like the Shadow King, who essentially believes the sheer fact that people like him and David possess these powers are justification enough to use them on those who don't.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, especially with stuff like telepathy. Because even if someone strips every shred of clothing from your body, they still can't see what's in your mind. That remains your own. To characters like David or Amahl, that's not the case. They can take that from you as well.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, though to be fair, I don't think a lot of people have genuinely considered the repercussions of these things. A lot of people only consider things on a surface level.

Personally, I'd probably pick something that's powerful but potentially flies under the radar. Like Domino's probability powers. Just live life and have good things keep coming my way, cuz luck. But that might just be me being lazy.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
That's also the thing. David's own mindset in season three is objectively terrifying to a bystander, if you consider what he's capable of on the show. Because once he decides on the time travel/timeline change plan, he adopts that idea of, "It doesn't matter what I do, because it's all getting a do-over anyway. All that matters is that I get it done." Which is best highlighted in this scene IMO. He could have easily passively subdued them with his mind. But because Division 3 had hurt & abused him in the past and he didn't think that his actions mattered, this is what he did instead:

j3GnDCrZNLE

Guess he's never heard the saying, "If nothing we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do." The timeline might reset but he'd still be the monster who got it to that point. But, at the same time, he also kinda realises he's broken, which is also his motivation for doing this in the first place. To undo the events that broke him in the first place. So, it's kind of a vicious circle. And makes you think a bit.

Edit: And lol, I guess now you can also see the whole progression of the air ship bit, albeit assbackwards thanks to how I posted it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.