FISA Court Slams FBI in a Stinging Rebuke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

Surtur
Yeah but trump asked another country to do a favor for our country tho...

BrolyBlack
"In a rare public order Tuesday, the chief judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court strongly criticized the FBI over its surveillance-application process, giving the bureau until Jan. 10 to come up with solutions, in the wake of findings from Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz.

The order, from the court's presiding judge Rosemary M. Collyer, came just a week after the release of Horowitz's withering report about the wiretapping of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

"The FBI's handling of the Carter Page applications, as portrayed in the report, was antithetical to the heightened duty of candor described above," Collyer wrote in her four-page order. "The frequency with which representations made by FBI personnel turned out to be unsupported or contradicted by information in their possession, and with which they withheld information detrimental to their case, calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable."

laughing out loud

Surtur
I wanna note that none of the usual suspects here has offered up one valid explanation for the FBI's behavior(if it wasn't political bias).

I will also note the IG didn't even ask why they went after Page so hard they'd lie, etc.

Now the side that whined that the Kavanaugh FBI investigation wasn't thorough enough surely has issues with that...lol

snowdragon
Nothing to see here, obvious abuse of power that will be diminished through cheap talking points and grandstanding with the upcoming impeachment.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
Nothing to see here, obvious abuse of power that will be diminished through cheap talking points and grandstanding with the upcoming impeachment.

If the party of Trump is so concerned and absolutely sure the FBI did naughty stuff that is worth widespread reprimands and they have the proof, then they should do something about it, considering they control the White House, the Senate and the Supreme Court. That's a whole lot of big guns to have in your corner.

Surtur
And if they did, no sane adult would a have legit reason to whine right?

Robtard
Who cares? What does that have to do with what I said?

Surtur
Care to answer or did you want to dodge a second time?

I can rephrase if it helps: if republicans did what you say, can you think of a single legit reason to oppose it?

Robtard
What does someone else "whining" have anything to do with doing what is supposedly the right thing and you have the power to do it? Nothing, you're just shit-posting because you know what I said is true.

Surtur
Just a simple question, if Republicans did what u say there would be whining from democrats. I just wanna know if you'd feel it is legit whining? Or just whiny babies who have no legit reason to oppose it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
https://media.tenor.com/images/87126cc81f03e22938d296cc5a60b2d2/tenor.gif

Oh, okay. Gotcha now.

Surtur
Can't answer?

Okie dokie.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
If the party of Trump is so concerned and absolutely sure the FBI did naughty stuff that is worth widespread reprimands and they have the proof, then they should do something about it, considering they control the White House, the Senate and the Supreme Court. That's a whole lot of big guns to have in your corner.

You constantly pit party talking points into systems of power that arent solely leveraged from said parties. Just look at our legislative body, I mean damn they are old as hell and don't properly represent who we need to be as a nation.

I'll give this to the dems, at least the repsentation in that party is a much better example of the USA demographics.

The tired talking points from both sides pretending that certain organzations are practically otherworldly needs to stop.

Which is one of reasons I enjoy Andrew Yang, Bernie to some extent and others that don't pitch the same old garbage.

Surtur
And John Durham is also looking into the Russian probe shit so Republicans are kinda doing something.

And guess what will happen if he says there was bias? Democrats will balk. Rob will not accept it either I'd wager. I would love to be proven wrong on that, btw.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
You constantly pit party talking points into systems of power that arent solely leveraged from said parties. Just look at our legislative body, I mean damn they are old as hell and don't properly represent who we need to be as a nation.

I'll give this to the dems, at least the repsentation in that party is a much better example of the USA demographics.

The tired talking points from both sides pretending that certain organzations are practically otherworldly needs to stop.

Which is one of reasons I enjoy Andrew Yang, Bernie to some extent and others that don't pitch the same old garbage.

The reality of the situation is: Trump and his admin shit on the FBI as a distraction, one minute he's praising Comey and the FBI for doing "excellent" work, the next they're secretly collaborating and trying to dethrone him, that's all it is, adding fuel to the people who believe the "deep state" is after their orange King and he's a victim. Always the victim; never the bully.

This is why the Republicans who still control three out of four branches-of-power won't actually open an investigation into the FBI and the alleged wrongdoings that went on during the election and up until now. Because an official investigation will explode back in their faces, while empty accusations are cheap and bottomless.

Surtur
They are legit investigating the origins of the probe via Durham tho. Durham even came out and disagreed with the IG lol.

Do you honestly feel if he comes and says he found something, they won't push for more investigations?

Robtard
I'm not taking about just the Russia probe, which was started, appointed and run by Republicans. If the FBI played foul, investigate it all.

Durham's going to say the opposite of the IG report on points that benefit Trump and that will be that. One report says this; another says that. If Biden wins the nom, Durham will implicate the Biden's somehow and that will be a Trump and surrogates talking point from early-mid 2020 to November. He is Barr's lackey.

Surtur
The Russia probe ties into FBI conduct, and more investigations most likely follow if shit is found.

And yes, Durhams comments about the IG report clearly indicate he feels he found something to cast doubt on the IG report. Given we know the IG never even asked these little shits why they were going so hard after Carter Page to the point of falsifying records...it could be Durham did uncover something the IG didn't. And instead of partisanship being the reason for this it could simply be that Durham asked questions the IG did not.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard

What exactly should Trump do, he already fired Comey, McCabe was fired, Stock was fired, Paige was fired. What else should he do?

Surtur
Yup for now the best thing for Trump is to sit back and wait for Durhams investigation to finish. Which supposedly will be in the spring.

BrolyBlack
Now they have ordered the FBI to conduct major reforms

https://apple.news/ACp6WDJnKR16xU6HmSJNpsA

snowdragon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Now they have ordered the FBI to conduct major reforms

https://apple.news/ACp6WDJnKR16xU6HmSJNpsA

It's a good thing that before Obama left office he also expanded the powers of intelligence agencies in how they can share their data more freely..........more surveilance. Clearly that isn't something that is going to be abused embarrasment

dadudemon
I wanna note that none of the usual suspects here has offered up one valid explanation for the FBI's behavior(if it wasn't political bias).

I honestly don't know why. I haven't read a great reason, yet.

The only FBI folks I know are Cybersecurity and Cartel Crime. And they are all very good men, ethical, and hard working. They have their own political biases, yes, but they are largely conservative. But they wouldn't let their political or religious (or a-religious) beliefs interfere with something as important political ethics.

So I'm out of ideas. I don't really understand what is going on in this situation. I would like to say that I just do not have all the facts and that the FBI operated in good faith. We just cannot know exactly the full story. But I and not even 50% positive on that position.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I honestly don't know why. I haven't read a great reason, yet.

The only FBI folks I know are Cybersecurity and Cartel Crime. And they are all very good men, ethical, and hard working. They have their own political biases, yes, but they are largely conservative. But they wouldn't let their political or religious (or a-religious) beliefs interfere with something as important political ethics.

So I'm out of ideas. I don't really understand what is going on in this situation. I would like to say that I just do not have all the facts and that the FBI operated in good faith. We just cannot know exactly the full story. But I and not even 50% positive on that position.

And I would maybe entertain the theory of "sometimes people in law enforcement go overboard to get their guy without it being a political bias" if the situation were different. Like, say, if the guy who falsified the application didn't proclaim to be a member of the resistance on social media I MIGHT entertain that notion.

But he did, so I won't.

I suppose it is possible these are all just awful people who do this on most fisa applications. In which case the FBI needs to be entirely overhauled. Everyone in leadership positions fired.

dadudemon
And I would maybe entertain the theory of "sometimes people in law enforcement go overboard to get their guy without it being a political bias" if the situation were different. Like, say, if the guy who falsified the application didn't proclaim to be a member of the resistance on social media I MIGHT entertain that notion.

https://i.imgur.com/Z59DMvX.jpg

BrolyBlack
DOJ IG Admits There Was Potential Bias Motivating Trump Campaign Surveillance

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/18/doj-ig-admits-there-was-potential-bias-motivating-trump-campaign-surveillance/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.