TROS Kylo Ren vs TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Who wins?

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Canon only

Darth Thor
Kyle takes the Force. Hes probably closer to Vaders level there.

Will still give Sabers to Maul, even though its difficult to know for sure when Kylo only fights Rey, so ill go by accolades and who visibly looks superior.

All Out - Probably Kylo.

Inedian
Sabers - Darth Maul demolishes Kylo Ren, complete destruction.
Force - not enough from both of them
All out - Darth Maul destroys him.

ares834
Hell no. This film turned Kylo and Rey into Force gods. They shit all over Maul when it comes to Force power.

Total Warrior

ares834
Not true? Kylo literally resurrects the dead.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834

laughing out loud

Dark-Kenshin
The lame fanfic character should take this, but pretty much all he does is lose in these movies, so I dunno.

Rebel95
Sabers: hard to tell, probably pretty even. Maul might have a slight edge
Force: Kylo rapes
All out: Kylo

Lighter332
If Kylo doesn't somehow rape Maul with the Force, then Maul overwhelms and destroys him in a lightsaber duel.

Darth Thor
Quick Filoni insert an insane force feat for Maul in the last TCW season. Prove your Prequel characters are the most powerful!

carthage
Maul loses worse than he did to padawans

Psychotron
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Who wins?

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Canon only

Maul. In theory Ben should dominate with the Force, but his fights with both Snoke's guards and the Knights of Ren tell me he doesn't use the Force in combat much, he'd rather brawl. He'll try to out-duel Maul and lose worse than he did in TFA.

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved".
**** Darth Plagueis, I guess. Rey just learns how to do it on accident.

McP
Kylo will do a few TK blocks of Maul's blade before he will die. He needed a distraction to kill by suprise one of Palpatine's creations, and then, having Rey supporting him almost die to some kind of guards of IG or Reds level. Maul was brave enough to challange Sidious and wasn't stomped as bad by his stronger version (zombie Palpatine stomped Kylo before even he drained him and got his power boosted).

xPRIMEx
Kylo should win pretty easily.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by McP
Kylo will do a few TK blocks of Maul's blade before he will die. He needed a distraction to kill by suprise one of Palpatine's creations, and then, having Rey supporting him almost die to some kind of guards of IG or Reds level. Maul was brave enough to challange Sidious and wasn't stomped as bad by his stronger version (zombie Palpatine stomped Kylo before even he drained him and got his power boosted).
Have you seen RoS?

Psychotron
Originally posted by McP

Zombie Palpatine is still amped by the Sith spirits.

Darth Thor
Im guessing the Force healing is something Rey learned in the Jedi texts and that Kylo could do it because of that Dyad nonsense thing he has with Rey.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Maul. In theory Ben should dominate with the Force, but his fights with both Snoke's guards and the Knights of Ren tell me he doesn't use the Force in combat much, he'd rather brawl. He'll try to out-duel Maul and lose worse than he did in TFA.

Oh you aint so bad to Maul after all. And good points thumb up

CuckedCurry
Kylo turns him to ash

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh you aint so bad to Maul after all. And good points thumb up

I told you I like him. I just rate Kenobi higher.

Darth Thor
I told you I like him. I just rate Kenobi higher.

Well tbf Kenobi got better and better for 10+ years post TPM, whilst Maul was in a straight jacket for 10 years, and then had to spend time just getting back into form.

But despite all that I just dont feel the difference was that big going by their Clone Wars fights, but do agree if anyone was better it would logically be Kenobi.

Psychotron
I don't think the difference is that huge, it's just that the Rebels fight was thematically and visually different from their previous fights.

Darth Thor
I don't think the difference is that huge, it's just that the Rebels fight was thematically and visually different from their previous fights.

And the difference is probably larger by Rebels which I have no issue with. Just have an issue with how 99% of audiences would have taken that fight.

Psychotron
Not sure what you mean by that last part.

Darth Thor
Not sure what you mean by that last part.

That 99% of audiences wouldnt have seen it as a Samurai type fight, which will be over in a few moves either way.

Instead they will just see it as Maul being nowhere close to Kenobi at all. Like Fisto against Palpatine.

Especially after they already did stupid shit to Maul in Rebels like having Kanan overpower him.

Scizard
Kylo Ren takes all besides possibly Sabers.

banana3
Sabers: no way to tell
Force: Ren annihilates him

Conclusion: Ren most likely annihilated Darth Maul

Psychotron
That 99% of audiences wouldnt have seen it as a Samurai type fight, which will be over in a few moves either way.

Instead they will just see it as Maul being nowhere close to Kenobi at all. Like Fisto against Palpatine.

Especially after they already did stupid shit to Maul in Rebels like having Kanan overpower him.

Maybe. But those of us who have seen Seven Samurai and Yojimbo will like it. And let's be honest here, Rebels is for kids. Most people think Darth Maul died in TPM.

Darth Thor
Most people think Darth Maul died in TPM.

Well Solo tried to get a more people on board with that.

Not that Solo was a massive hit, but still had a decent box office gross relative to your average movie (terrible for a Star Wars movie though).

StiltmanFTW
You should start a Maul fanclub with Quan.

Psychotron
Well Solo tried to get a more people on board with that.

Not that Solo was a massive hit, but still had a decent box office gross relative to your average movie (terrible for a Star Wars movie though).

No, Solo straight up bombed. It had a budget of 275 million (not counting reshoots and marketing) and it made only 392 million. Theaters get at least 50% of the cut, so Disney lost 200-300 million on Solo.

Darth Thor
No, Solo straight up bombed. It had a budget of 275 million (not counting reshoots and marketing) and it made only 392 million. Theaters get at least 50% of the cut, so Disney lost 200-300 million on Solo.

I know, was a massive flop. But we are just talking about how many people know that Maul survived TPM. So that was however many people it takes to gross just under $400mill.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You should start a Maul fanclub with Quan.

Quans hatred for me surpasses his loyalty to Maul.

Regardless hes still crying over Episode 9.

Psychotron
So roughly 40 million people then, though I'm sure kids who saw it had no idea who Darth Maul is.

Darth Thor
So roughly 40 million people then, though I'm sure kids who saw it had no idea who Darth Maul is.

Yeah a lot more than number of people watching TCW and Rebels.

Star Wars is still an epic saga which gets reruns all the time. Darth Maul and his dual lightsaber is one of the most famous images from the prequels. And hes a fan favourite. So if those kids dont know yet, they will at some point.

Lord Stark
Kylo wins but it isn't a stomp.

Psychotron
Yeah a lot more than number of people watching TCW and Rebels.

Star Wars is still an epic saga which gets reruns all the time. Darth Maul and his dual lightsaber is one of the most famous images from the prequels. And hes a fan favourite. So if those kids dont know yet, they will at some point.

I doubt it. I don't know what the ratings were for the show but there's no way it was more than 1-2 million.

Darth Thor
I doubt it. I don't know what the ratings were for the show but there's no way it was more than 1-2 million.

Yeah thats what I meant. Solo taught a much wider audience that Maul survived TPM.

ares834

Who cares? Casual fans may interpret the fight incorrectly has to be the stupidest reason I’ve ever read for disliking a duel.

Galan007
Instead they will just see it as Maul being nowhere close to Kenobi at all. Because he wasn't. smile

Psychotron
Yeah thats what I meant. Solo taught a much wider audience that Maul survived TPM.

Eh, a 30-40 million people out of nearly 8 billion... Not really that much.

Darth Thor
Who cares? Casual fans may interpret the fight incorrectly has to be the stupidest reason I’ve ever read for disliking a duel.

I never said thats the reason I disliked the duel.

Just that I do have an issue with how theyve imprinted that on his legacy.

Darth Thor

Also I guess complaining about ROS not explaining anything about Palpatines Return is fine because we shall find out for ourselves through novels, Eu and commentary right?

So yeah no your criticism is stupid not mine.

xPRIMEx
Bump

xPRIMEx
Quick Filoni insert an insane force feat for Maul in the last TCW season. Prove your Prequel characters are the most powerful!
This aged well.

Kylo is still more powerful though.

Forschbewithu
I don't think it would be enough to make a difference, though. I'll take Maul via superior saber skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.