The Black Order vs. Thanos' former emissaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Four of Thanos' former allies/emissaries band together to fight the Black order. Fight takes place in New York city. Combatants have their standard gear unless otherwise specified.

Emissaries:
Loki w/ mind scepter (no mind control allowed)
Ronan w/ hammer (no power gem)
Gamora w/ twin swords
Nebula w/ batons

Black Order:
Ebony Maw
Cull Obsidian
Proxima Midnight
Corvus Glaive

Who wins?

ShadowFyre
Good fight, in all out brawl, Ebony and Cull could take this with just raw power.

But Loki should be able to get a good ol knife in Maws neck via illussions.

Assuming Ronans hammer is anything like the comics he should be able to take Cull.

But realistically, if someone like Maw didn't have a plot that they had to follow, he should have easily been able to kill Iron Man,Wong,Strange,Parker, and maybe the hulk simultaneously.

Based solely off of what he did to the bricks he could have simply done straight to their bodies as oppsed to how movies show Telekinesis in that you have to use it to throw things at people. He could have just force crushed all of them.

TheVaultDweller
It could simply be the case that Ebony Maw doesn't have the same control over organic and/or living things that he does over inanimate objects (kinda like early Molecule Man's mental block way back in the comics). Because there are plenty of examples in fiction where telekinetics directly use their powers on opponents.

Though, without PIS, he should still be able to TK weapons and such around and use them against the other team. Based on his position with Thanos, as well as comments made about his skills and knowledge behind the scenes by the Russos, I wouldn't be surprised if he could immediately use something like the Mind Scepter effectively, should he manage to get his hands on it, even if just for the energy blasts.

ShadowFyre
True, he may not even need to get his hands on it if he knew what it was and how it worked. He could just physically touch it with his mind.

I think Loki's going to be the only one here that can get close enough to kill him. And all he has to do is pop up next to him and literally rip him in half.

We all know Loki's gonna dissapear the very second the fight starts. That's a go to move and none of them have an answer for it except Cull.

The way I see it, Loki is basically getting a free killshot on either Maw, Glaive, or Proxima and I'm pretty sure Maw would be the one he uses it on.

Actually Loki is physically strong enough to kill Cull just fine with a head or neck shot via blade.

All I know is Loki is gonna seriously stab the **** out of somebody and after that I don't know how this fight goes down honestly. I think its pretty close

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, IIRC, Drax was able to stab Cull in the back with his knives. So, Loki should be able to pierce him just fine. Question is simply how much stabbing it actually takes to kill him. Is he like a Warhammer 40k Ork in that regard, or more like an extra on Into the Badlands. Ronan is also an underrated threat IMO. Based on the fact that he was able to beat laugh-off-pinballing-between-trees Drax via pure brute force, the guy is strong as shit. Unless we assume Drax got a power creep between films, but I can't recall any other signs of it.

TheVaultDweller
Thinking about it, I think Ronan could potentially beat, or at the very least keep busy, both Corvus and Proxima. I know Drax was drunk, but this is still really impressive IMO, considering how absurdly casually he takes most of the fight.

Ycl_s3Hb3ZM

He was even dodging some hits without even looking and ragdolling Drax with little more than shoves and backhands. The same guy who was laughing after this:

E1i1GcNhHqE

And he also took Rocket crashing a ship into him and Ronan in GotG 1 without lasting damage.

ShadowFyre
Ronan would work either ****ing one of them with absolute ease. And I could care less about the vision showing. Somebody show me vision using or having any actual skill besides the fight with thor that didn't happen.

Now that I really think about it, Ronan will crush both of them like you said. The actual Glaive could be a problem.

Then Nebula and Gamora will kill Cull far easier than a bruiser would. I would actually go so far to wager that if Cull tried to face off with both of them, he would be dead within a couple of minutes, either bleeding out from severed limbs or decapitated.

Thanos used these four first for an obvious reason, and every single one of them succeeded technically. They just betrayed him. The more I think about it, it's entirely upon Maws shoulders to solo these four. He is capable of it though. The rest of the Order get worked pretty hard

TheVaultDweller
Froth actually inadvertently kinda gimped Gamora by giving her random dual swords. Because the normal sword she carries, according to the official MCU visual dictionary, is called Godslayer, because it's capable of even killing Asgardians. Which kinda makes sense as well, considering she probably got it from Thanos.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Godslayer

That thing could probably slice Cull to pieces.

Nibedicus

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, that one was on point. I forgot to mention earlier that Ronan also has ranged attacks with his hammer. It often gets overlooked because he almost immediately started using the Power Stone blasts instead once he got it. But he can fire off concussive blasts from his hammer without needing it. At the 0:50 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xBmTPE4Z_8

And the fact that the guy did hold the Power Stone for like a full 15 seconds before inserting it into his hammer probably counts for something as well, seeing as most beings tended to disintegrate upon touching it.

9jaboy
Ronan can beat anyone on team 2 one on one except maybe Cull, I say they are even.
Also He's hammer blast can oneshot maw if it connects.
Ronan stomp both corvus and proxima with ease.

Team 1 takes it.

@Vault I don't think gamora and Nebula can take Cull he seemed to be around hulk level.

John Murdoch
I'm thinking Team 1. Lots of good points brought up for them in this thread:
- If Maw uses his TK to grab Team 1's weapons and bashes them off the bat + throwing environmental objects at them at will without relent, then Team 2 can win.
- However, as Shadow and Vault have pointed out, Maw has almost this entire battle on his shoulders, as you have an illusion-using invisible super-strong assassin and a skilled super-duper-strong brick in Loki and Ronan. Ronan could lay waste to the melee fighters on the team while Loki handles one via rogue backstab special move. Nebula and Gamora are also super-strong feat-laden fighters themselves.
- Also, some things to consider for Corvus and Proxima: only good showings for Corvus are after he cheap-shotted Vision (who still overpowered him and flew him into a building at one point) and then against Cap in Wakanda. He also got immediately speared by Okoye at the outset of the Endgame final battle if I'm not mistaken. Proxima was getting the best of Okoye and Black Widow in IW until Scarlet Witch tossed her. Ronan, Gamora, or Nebula can take care of business with her.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Vault I don't think gamora and Nebula can take Cull he seemed to be around hulk level.

They'd likely get wrecked if either tried to fight it out in pure melee. But if that sword can indeed pierce him (which it should be able to), I can see Nebula maybe distracting him while Gamora jumps on his back and stabs him in the head or something. But, as I also said earlier, we don't actually know how much stabbing Cull needs to die. He died from an energy explosion and being crushed previously.

ShadowFyre
Ronan can beat anyone on team 2 one on one except maybe Cull, I say they are even.
Also He's hammer blast can oneshot maw if it connects.
Ronan stomp both corvus and proxima with ease.

Team 1 takes it.

@Vault I don't think gamora and Nebula can take Cull he seemed to be around hulk level.

That was me that stated that. But Marvel physics seem to dictate that depending on the metal even super durable beings can be cut up. Kurse,Thor, Hulk, Thanos have all been peirced or cut and for me two super fast super skilled assassins with the right blade should be able to take him.

9jaboy
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
That was me that stated that. But Marvel physics seem to dictate that depending on the metal even super durable beings can be cut up. Kurse,Thor, Hulk, Thanos have all been peirced or cut and for me two super fast super skilled assassins with the right blade should be able to take him.
Good point thumb up But well about being Super fast Gamora/Nebula is no Spiderman ,and Cull caught even Spiderman while fighting both him and Tony, maybe not a serious fight but still.. They might do some damage, but a few hits and they are out.
Thanos ko'd Nebula with a simple Backhand iirc.
Also Nebula's blade didn't seem to hurt Thanos. Thanos is well above Cull so don't know how that measures up.

ShadowFyre
Good point thumb up But Gamora is no Spiderman ,and Cull caught even Spiderman while fighting both him and Tony, maybe not a serious fight but still.. They might do some damage, but a few hits and they are out.
Thanos ko'd Nebula with a simple Backhand iirc.
Also Nebula's blade didn't seem to hurt Thanos. Thanos is well above Cull so don't know how that measures up.

Good points on your side as well, Cull was pretty impressive in that fight with Tony and Parker. He did straight up beat Iron Man, something neither Nebula and Gamora could do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.