George Lucas Feels Betrayed by Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

Psychotron
Well, yeah. They threw away all of his ideas.

ShadowFyre
And the majority of fans hated it. Surprise surprise

Tzeentch
He can cry me a river all the way to the bank. **** him and his 3 billion or whatever the **** he made off the deal.

Nemesis X
Remember when JarJar helped Palpatine gain power? Congratulations Lucas, you're the new JarJar.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Tzeentch
He can cry me a river all the way to the bank. **** him and his 3 billion or whatever the **** he made off the deal.

4 billion actually.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

FELT, not Feels.

Right now he only Feels Joy as hes laughing his ass off.

Patient_Leech
Poor Georgie. sad

But in all seriousness, I would have rather seen his take on where the series would go. But he shouldn't have sold it to Disney if he wanted it done his way. doh

Darth Thor
If they took his treatments but Disney hired their own guys to script the dialogue and got JJ directing, then we could have gotten the best of ALL WORLDS.

But in their arrogance they just assumed they can do everything better without George.

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, that's what I don't get.

If he was going to be all sad that they didn't go with his treatment, then why did he agree to the deal? Why not make a deal that makes them use his treatments?

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

If he was going to be all sad that they didn't go with his treatment, then why did he agree to the deal? Why not make a deal that makes them use his treatments?

Maybe it's like giving a kid up for adoption. Okay it was your choice to make, but it doesn't mean you can't feel a bit bad if you find out the people who adopted the child raped and murdered it after they adopted it.

SquallX
Who cares if he felt betrayed. What did he expect when he sold the franchise?

Disney has no reason to use his scripts after they bought the rights. Hate or love this trilogy, Lucas is an idiot to whine about Disney not using his scripts.

I say **** Lucas and his whining.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Im guessing they implied to him they would use them, but yeah he made a mistake not putting it in the contract.

A mistake which all the fans are paying for.

Originally posted by SquallX
Who cares if he felt betrayed. What did he expect when he sold the franchise?

Disney has no reason to use his scripts after they bought the rights. Hate or love this trilogy, Lucas is an idiot to whine about Disney not using his scripts.

I say **** Lucas and his whining.

When did Lucas whine?

The only whining I see going on is by Lucasfilm claiming everyone who doesnt like their sequel trilogy are sexist.

Dark-Kenshin
Kathleen Kennedy: "You turned the fanbase against me!"

George: "Your lust for political agenda, and love for modern day feminism have already done that"

Kathleen Kennedy: "Don't lecture me George, I see through the toxicity of the fandom, I do not fear the woke side as you do! I have brought politics, feminism, inclusivity and diversity to my new Star Wars!"

George: "Your new Star Wars?!" Kathleen, Disney is evil!

Kathleen: From my point of view the fans are evil.

George: Then you are lost!

Kathleen Kennedy: Don't make me MeToo you.....

George: Kathleen my allegiance is to the fans, TO CREATIVITY!

Kathleen: If you wont treat me as your queen, then you are my enemy.

George: Only a Wahmen deals in absolute I will do what I must

Kathleen: You can try!

Darth Thor
^ Ha! Thats brilliant!

Patient_Leech
Good stuff. thumb up

Robtard
Lucas is an alright person, but I don't feel sorry for him at all. He sold his story/property and cashed in.

Honestly, if anything I think he's having the last laugh. People gave him so much shit over ep1-3 and now ep7-9 is making those look better and better.

He should use this hatred to angle a contract where he writes future SW stories for Disney and they hire a director Lucas approves of.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

why lol, he took the money and ran.. besides they were under no obligation to use his work

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard

Honestly, if anything I think he's having the last laugh.

Oh definitely.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh definitely.

Which makes me smile, cos it's funny when looking back and remember just how much shit he got.

Lighter332
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin

George: "Your lust for political agenda, and love for modern day feminism have already done that"

Kathleen Kennedy: "Don't lecture me George, I see through the toxicity of the fandom, I do not fear the woke side as you do! I have brought politics, feminism, inclusivity and diversity to my new Star Wars!"

laughing laughing laughing thumb up

Inhuman: Meesa Jar Jar Binks!

wink

dadudemon

Nice. So very nice.

https://i.imgur.com/4sLrXwg.gif

Lord Lucien
F*ck Lucas and his $4.05 billion dollar deal. He got way too much credit for the OT, the PT was garbage, and his other film projects that he was too involved in were also garbage. He's not a good filmmaker. Never has been.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ck Lucas and his $4.05 billion dollar deal. He got way too much credit for the OT, the PT was garbage, and his other film projects that he was too involved in were also garbage. He's not a good filmmaker. Never has been. More or less. thumb up

I'm getting really sick of the revisionist bullshit regarding George Lucas, his so-called "storytelling", and the prequels.

George is a good idea man and if nothing else wants every movie to stand on its own as its own piece of art, but when it comes to actually making great films? He falls short.

Bashar Teg
F*ck Lucas and his $4.05 billion dollar deal. He got way too much credit for the OT, the PT was garbage, and his other film projects that he was too involved in were also garbage. He's not a good filmmaker. Never has been.

thumb up

i think he did an okay job with ep1, putting aside pod racing and jarjar. his problem is that he got lazy and lost his imagination. thats what happens when you cash in with ewoks and loaf around for 30 years. (remember that his original plan was for RotJ to be episode 9)

dadudemon

As a person who loves George Lucas and thinks he makes excellent movies, I disagree.

Especially because I think the PT is a masterpiece. A definitive step up from the OT in almost every single way. His imagination and story telling abilities are excellent, fun, as legendary.

6 of his movies are in my top 25 list of movies.

Slowpoke
I think Lucas loves his franchise, he sold them to Disney so the IP could continue, which is a good thing.

But by far, with the resources they've got on hand, it's hard to say they've done a good job. RO and Solo were good.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
and lost his imagination.

Okay thats just a laughable accusation.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NemeBro

I'm getting really sick of the revisionist bullshit regarding George Lucas, his so-called "storytelling", and the prequels.

So basically youre sick and frustrated of people having a different opinion to you.

If thats the case you may be the Internet isnt a good place for your mental health... Just saying.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
As a person who loves George Lucas and thinks he makes excellent movies, I disagree.

Especially because I think the PT is a masterpiece. A definitive step up from the OT in almost every single way. His imagination and story telling abilities are excellent, fun, as legendary.

6 of his movies are in my top 25 list of movies. No doubt the other 19 are the Care Bears films, Terminator Genisys, the worst of the Happy Madison productions, and The Room--but completely unironically because you think Mark was as compelling of a character as Anakin Skywalker and just as well acted with great dialogue. Your taste in film is truly f*cking awful and the part of your brain that processes emotional nuance and story structure was probably left in an oxygen-deprived state during fetal development.

But I otherwise totally agree; "Oooo! Icky icky poo!" and "Pee-yusa!" is the kind of dialogue Quentin Tarantino only dreams that he could have had Jules and Vincent say. F*cking masterpiece, I'm 100% with you
thumb up "Noooooooooooo!"

BackFire
The prequels are cinematic garbage but at least Lucas had a vision from start to finish with them. He knew ultimately where he wanted them to go.

Eon Blue
You guys complain WAY too much. Film was great as it was. Stupid fanboys.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by BackFire
The prequels are cinematic garbage but at least Lucas had a vision from start to finish with them. He knew ultimately where he wanted them to go. Well, yeah... he figured out how the prequels ended as soon he started writing ANH. They're prequels. You know how it's gonna end, you just gotta get everyone into their starting spots for ANH. Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Again, Lucas being given credit for something that didn't require his effort.

Darth Thor
Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Hmm if only Lucas had ever done a sequel he would know right?

Lord Lucien
Hmm if only Lucas had ever done a sequel he would know right? Yeah, shame he never wrote, directed, produced, or edited the sequels to the original Star Wars. Instead we got that piece of shit film Empire Strikes Backs written by Lawrence Kasdan, directed by Irvin Kershner, produced by Gary Kurtz, and edited by Paul Hirsch.

Then we got that other piece of shit sequel Return of the Jedi written by Kasdan and Lucas (I'll bet the rehashed Death Star, water treading Han and Leia, and the f*cking Ewoks were all Kasdan's ideas), directed by Richard Marquand, produced by Howard Kazanjian, and edited by a bunch of people that were and weren't Marcia Lucas.

Oh shit, maybe you were talking about the sequels within the prequels? The sequel-prequels that were all just prequels and all lead to the same place before ANH?

Lucas has never made an actual sequel. He's been given credit for other people's hardwork and ideas.

Surtur

https://media.giphy.com/media/HN0iiJFme6H2E/giphy.gif

BrolyBlack

Best post ever

dadudemon
No doubt the other 19 are the Care Bears films, Terminator Genisys, the worst of the Happy Madison productions, and The Room

I see your ad hominem and raise you: no, none of those make the list. They don't even make a top 100 list or top 1000 list. I don't have them on any list.

--but completely unironically because you think Mark was as compelling of a character as Anakin Skywalker and just as well acted with great dialogue.

Yes, his acting and execution was better than Mark Hamil's Luke, 100% for sure. Glad you see it my way.

Your taste in film is truly f*cking awful and the part of your brain that processes emotional nuance and story structure was probably left in an oxygen-deprived state during fetal development.

Translation of what you said: "We've argued about Star Wars for years and every argument I have ever come up with, you thoroughly destroyed it, made me look like a fool, and showed me to be the massive hypocrite I am so I will just childishly insult. I secretly realize that the PT is actually a great Trilogy for the same reasons I like the OT and some new reasons too. But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later."

But I otherwise totally agree; "Oooo! Icky icky poo!" and "Pee-yusa!" is the kind of dialogue Quentin Tarantino only dreams that he could have had Jules and Vincent say. F*cking masterpiece, I'm 100% with you
thumb up "Noooooooooooo!"

Remember that one time in your favorite Star Wars movie when Luke did this?

FSWiMoO8zNE

This is the best acting I have ever seen. Nothing is better. Better than anything seen in the PT.

haermm

Well, yeah... he figured out how the prequels ended as soon he started writing ANH. They're prequels. You know how it's gonna end, you just gotta get everyone into their starting spots for ANH. Sequels are harder, you have to direct toward an unknown.

Again, Lucas being given credit for something that didn't require his effort.

Lucas being given credit for writing a saga that spanned 6 movies required no creative thought or effort?

But you just admitted that he wrote it in ANH where he had to write and direct towards an unknown.

Your hate has blinded you so much that you're now saying completely stupid things. Are you against vaccinations, too? Is the earth flat?

smile

Darth Thor
Lucas being given credit for writing a saga that spanned 6 movies required no creative thought or effort?

But you just admitted that he wrote it in ANH where he had to write and direct towards an unknown.

Yeah also the ending for these films was always clear to them. It was going to end exactly like ROTJ.

Somehow I knew that the instant it opened up with TFA starting out exactly the same as ANH.

But still the Prequels flow from one to the other as a singular vision. These films even knowing where they were starting and ending, still manage to feel disjointed as hell.

But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later.

laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
I see your ad hominem and raise you: no, none of those make the list. They don't even make a top 100 list or top 1000 list. I don't have them on any list.

Yes, his acting and execution was better than Mark Hamil's Luke, 100% for sure. Glad you see it my way.

Translation of what you said: "We've argued about Star Wars for years and every argument I have ever come up with, you thoroughly destroyed it, made me look like a fool, and showed me to be the massive hypocrite I am so I will just childishly insult. I secretly realize that the PT is actually a great Trilogy for the same reasons I like the OT and some new reasons too. But I am too stubborn and childish to acknowledge this fact because I was an edgy teen when the PT came out and thought it was cool to hate the PT and now I'm stuck doubling down on hating it many years later."

Remember that one time in your favorite Star Wars movie when Luke did this?

FSWiMoO8zNE

This is the best acting I have ever seen. Nothing is better. Better than anything seen in the PT.

haermm

Your hate has blinded you so much that you're now saying completely stupid things. Are you against vaccinations, too? Is the earth flat?

smile thumb up I love you too.

-Pr-
OT > PT

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
OT > PT

Water is wet

Bears shit in the woods

Quan is in love with Thanos

Pym beats women senseless

Aquaman sucks

Darth Thor
OT > PT

Did somebody say it wasnt? Lol

OT is the most epic trilogy of all time IMO.

But to me personally the prequels only add to it and dont take from it. So Lucas 6 Episodes remain the most Epic saga of all time IMHO.

Now adding the sequels on top actually might put the entire saga down. Given what they do to Luke and Vaders legacy/prophecy (for the negative)... and given they do a complete 360 of the OT without adding anything new to the lore or expanding the universe (in terms of the positive).

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Water is wet

Bears shit in the woods

Quan is in love with Thanos

Pym beats women senseless

Aquaman sucks

Well, you're half right.

But to me personally the prequels only add to it and dont take from it. So Lucas 6 Episodes remain the most Epic saga of all time IMHO.

Now adding the sequels on top actually might put the entire saga down. Given what they do to Luke and Vaders legacy/prophecy (for the negative)... and given they do a complete 360 of the OT without adding anything new to the lore or expanding the universe (in terms of the positive).

I was speaking very generally, to be fair. Wasn't having a go at you.

But yes, I would say that the prequels do more to add than they do to subtract.

Lighter332

To be fair, there aren't that many epic trilogies to begin with. Sad.

Darth Thor

I was speaking very generally, to be fair. Wasn't having a go at you.

Oh I know. Was just saying in response to you.

Originally posted by Lighter332

Because an epic trilogy isnt an easy thing to just poo out. Even an epic film is rare.

StiltmanFTW
Jackson's LotR says hi.

dadudemon

Me. I think the PT is better than the OT.

I rank the Star Wars movies in this order:

1. RotS
2. AotC
3. RotJ
4. TPM
5. ANH
6. ESB
7. TFA
8. TRoS
9. TLJ

But there is a giant chasm between 6 and 7.

That's fair and I fully agree.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lighter332

LotR was mentioned and I agree with that.

I also like the Matrix Trilogy (in my top 20). But it's going to be a quadrilogy so it won't qualify anymore.

Any others you have in mind?

Darth Thor
Jackson's LotR says hi.

Yeah everyone says that. Yet I don't see any of them obsessed over LOTR the way they are over Star Wars.

To me personally, Star Wars is the more epic saga.

And in terms of Jackson vs Lucas, even though its clear Jackson is the superior director of actors, and writer of dialogue, when you consider that Lucas came up with his own plot, setting and characters, then I think its quite evident that Lucas is the greater story teller.

StiltmanFTW
They are quite obsessed, lol.

He also made same mistakes as Lucas did with prequels... relied on damn CGI too much, forgetting about practical effects.

Darth Thor
They are quite obsessed, lol.

He also made same mistakes as Lucas did with prequels... relied on damn CGI too much, forgetting about practical effects.

Well he said himself the LOTR special effects wouldnt have been possible if not for Phantom Menace.

StiltmanFTW
Industrial Light & Magic, yes.

That's the problem.

Relying on them too much proved to be a disaster in both SW and LOTR prequels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.