Santa Claus vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
The Story of Superman

Vs

The Story is Santa Claus

Which story is stronger and why?

MrMind
the story of Christmas is a celebration of Christ

Santa is one of those old stupid tale that facepalm by today standard

lawest9
Originally posted by MrMind
the story of Christmas is a celebration of Christ

Santa is one of those old stupid tale that facepalm by today standard Truthfully..........God's Holy Word ( the Bible ) doesn't give any reference to the Lord Jesus birth date, nor are we commanded by him to "celebrate his birthday" but to take him on by salvation and obey his commandments that we might be saved, I wouldn't dispect my Lord by comparing his story to a fictional comic book character.

SquallX
Originally posted by lawest9
Truthfully..........God's Holy Word ( the Bible ) doesn't give any reference to the Lord Jesus birth date, nor are we commanded by him to "celebrate his birthday" but to take him on by salvation and obey his commandments that we might be saved, I wouldn't dispect my Lord by comparing his story to a fictional comic book character.

You do know their are those who believes God to be nothing but a fictional character right?

Both Superman and Santa have long since stopped being mere fictional characters. Both have transcended their original creation.

One_Angry_Scot
Santa>Superman>Jesus

Jesus got rekt by a spear wound from Longinus. Nothing can beat Santa.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know their are those who believes God to be nothing but a fictional character right?

Both Superman and Santa have long since stopped being mere fictional characters. Both have transcended their original creation.

Can you explain this for me please? I don't believe any of them are real. How is one fictional character more real than another.

And to religious members, I'm not downing your deity, it's just not for me.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Santa>Superman>Jesus

He allowed it to happen, so it doesn't really count.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Santa>Superman>Jesus

Jesus = the good in all of us
Superman = the ideal we humans aspire to be
Santa = Marketing and the power of Money

Jesus >= Superman > Santa

or if you want to by cynical

Money > all

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
He allowed it to happen, so it doesn't really count.

A very bad durability feat I have to say. Bad healing factor. And he took three days to revive himself.

Prof. T.C McAbe
A very bad durability feat I have to say. Bad healing factor. And he took three days to revive himself.

But he defeated Death which means Jesus > Multiversal Death. Since he is also part of the trinity ie god, this makes sense. Hmm, Superman is God, Batman is Jesus and Wonder Woman is the Holy spirit.

Supergirl was Satan I read once over here on kmc big grin.

StiltmanFTW
Nothing can beat Santa.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f0c6e016c0a05c4561214792ea28e19f/tumblr_pj0xl5yA5j1sajkn0o6_1280.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/J7k7bhS/santa.jpg

One_Angry_Scot

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
But he defeated Death which means Jesus > Multiversal Death. Since he is also part of the trinity ie god, this makes sense. Hmm, Superman is God, Batman is Jesus and Wonder Woman is the Holy spirit.

Supergirl was Satan I read once over here on kmc big grin.

True true. Maybe then Dracula with his dual adamantium katanas and his army of rats and other creatures of the night> Sentry>Pre-Retcon Beyonder>Beyonders>Living Tribunal>Jesus

StiltmanFTW

BrolyBlack

Being dead for three days and then coming back to life to sit at the right hand of God is a pretty magnificent feat.

One_Angry_Scot

StiltmanFTW

lawest9
Being dead for three days and then coming back to life to sit at the right hand of God is a pretty magnificent feat. What makes it a "magnificent feat" is that it happened FOR REAL, while the rest of this crock is all fanboy fsntasy.

lawest9
The "authors of the Bible" is almighty God as ALL scriptures are given by inspiration of God.

This is blasphemous.

StiltmanFTW
it happened FOR REAL

one eye one eye one eye one eye one eye

One_Angry_Scot
The "authors of the Bible" is almighty God as ALL scriptures are given by inspiration of God.

This is blasphemous.

Not as blasphemous as this.

qcS0CVJ1KPg

SquallX

SquallX

This is blasphemous.

Not bashing on your belief, but how can you call people believing on the likes of Superman/Santa blasphemous, yet you want them to turn around in believe in a God they only read about in books written by men?

lawest9
Originally posted by SquallX
Not bashing on your belief, but how can you call people believing on the likes of Superman/Santa blasphemous, yet you want them to turn around in believe in a God they only read about in books written by men? With all due respect, no haven't a clue to what you are talking about, to began I don't refer to them as blasphemous because they "believe" on Supes and Santa, but what IS blasphemous is to take a serious matter concerning God/Christ and blending it into a comic book discussion with fictional characters, these two things need to be kept separate and in their proper places, the faith of God is nothing to play with.

Secondly, as I quote from Bible earlier that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, Holy men of God only hand written was was given them by God's spirit, but it came from God and not man, and those of us who hsve been covered by the blood of Jesus are witnesses that the things written of him are true and valid.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/wl6jd8j

SquallX

Adam Grimes
With all due respect, no haven't a clue to what you are talking about, to began I don't refer to them as blasphemous because they "believe" on Supes and Santa, but what IS blasphemous is to take a serious matter concerning God/Christ and blending it into a comic book discussion with fictional characters, these two things need to be kept separate and in their proper places, the faith of God is nothing to play with.

Secondly, as I quote from Bible earlier that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, Holy men of God only hand written was was given them by God's spirit, but it came from God and not man, and those of us who hsve been covered by the blood of Jesus are witnesses that the things written of him are true and valid. That's been retconned already.

StiltmanFTW
Now I get why Lawest is so homophobic... laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Tbf, I think Superman is like Jesus to abhi.

lawest9
@ SquallIx

WRONG.........your ignorance of God's Word is what justifies your belief that slavery was justified, I have sat under the Word of truth being preached for decades by God called and sent men carrying the Gospel truth, have had people questioning me on the subject for many many years and one of the many things that they go to is what you just did..........."prove to me"........it is never my intentions to "prove" anything to anyone when it comes to faith based matters, you either hsve faith for yourself to believe or you don't have it, the faith of God is a spiritual matter that one cannot present the type of physical edvidence that an unbeliever is asking for, it comes from God dealing with individuals heart.

You associate the power of God with "magic", further ignorance, because God speaks to man by his spirit and to his heart, mind and soul, and not by "some magicsl spirit coming down from the sky".

BrolyBlack
@ SquallIx

WRONG.........your ignorance of God's Word is what justifies your belief that slavery was justified, I have sat under the Word of truth being preached for decades by God called and sent men carrying the Gospel truth, have had people questioning me on the subject for many many years and one of the many things that they go to is what you just did..........."prove to me"........it is never my intentions to "prove" anything to anyone when it comes to faith based matters, you either hsve faith for yourself to believe or you don't have it, the faith of God is a spiritual matter that one cannot present the type of physical edvidence that an unbeliever is asking for, it comes from God dealing with individuals heart.

You assiciate the power of God with "magic", further ignorance, because God speaks to man by his spirit and to his heart, mind and soul, and not by "some magicsl spirit coming down from the sky".

Preach!

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Now I get why Lawest is so homophobic... laughing out loud Sadly Stilt ( snd I really don't say this to be unduely insulting to you as I basically get a good laugh out of you) you really don't get too much at all where spiritual matters are concerned, but I am praying for all of you.🙂

lawest9
Preach! Thst is really not my intentions and I apologize if it seems to be so, but if not careful........I can get caught up in the conversation.

lawest9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
That's been retconned already. What exactly has been retconned and retconned by whom?

StiltmanFTW
Sadly Stilt ( snd I really don't say this to be unduely insulting to you as I basically get a good laugh out of you) you really don't get too much at all where spiritual matters are concerned, but I am praying for all of you.🙂

Hey, it's okay.

You're a strong believer - a biblical literalist, apparently. We get it.

Doesn't mean the rest of us should automatically share your conservative Christian beliefs.

One_Angry_Scot
Still waiting for scans of Christs feats.

lawest9
Hey, it's okay.

You're a strong believer - a biblical literalist, apparently. We get it.

Doesn't mean the rest of us should automatically share your conservative Christian beliefs. Good, no harm meant thank you, but understand.............that it was never my intent that anyone is to share my beliefs, only God can deal with the heart, but also understand that you shouldn't necessarily equate the Christian faith with political conservatism, God's people comes from all walks of life from political affiliation to no political preference whatsoever.

JBL
Still waiting for scans of Christs feats. How about everything he said was going to happen happened and still is?

SamZED
With all due respect, no haven't a clue to what you are talking about, to began I don't refer to them as blasphemous because they "believe" on Supes and Santa, but what IS blasphemous is to take a serious matter concerning God/Christ and blending it into a comic book discussion with fictional characters, these two things need to be kept separate and in their proper places, the faith of God is nothing to play with.

Secondly, as I quote from Bible earlier that all scripture is given by inspiration of God, Holy men of God only hand written was was given them by God's spirit, but it came from God and not man, and those of us who hsve been covered by the blood of Jesus are witnesses that the things written of him are true and valid.

To some of us Jesus is fictional in the same way Superman is fictional to you. At least the version of Jesus from the Bible where he performed miracles. He is not fictional to you which is fine, but we get to talk about him as if he is. It's not an attack on anyone. There are people today who believe in Poseidon (seriously). Nobody's worried about hurting their feelings. It's either all ok or non of it is ok. And pickinng and choosing results into stupid ass laws where hurting somebody's religious feelings becomes a punishable offense.

lawest9
Originally posted by JBL
How about everything he said was going to happen happened and still is? We're in the last days, you can see the Word of God fulfilling all around us.

lawest9
Originally posted by SamZED
To some of us Jesus is fictional in the same way Superman is fictional to you. At least the version of Jesus from the Bible where he performed miracles. He is not fictional to you which is fine, but we get to talk about him as if he is. It's not an attack on anyone. There are people today who believe in Poseidon (seriously). Nobody's worried about hurting their feelings. It's either all ok or non of it is ok. And pickinng and choosing results into stupid ass laws where hurting somebody's religious feelings becomes a punishable offense. Islam has that problem more than any religion under the sun, Superman is my no. 1 superhero character, but I know how to leep it in it's proper perspective. As for hurting someone's religious feelings and speaking of myself, I know what's real in the Lord, as the Word asks...........who shall separate us from the love of Christ?.......not possible here.

SamZED
Islam has that problem more than any religion under the sun, Superman is my no. 1 superhero character, but I know how to leep it in it's proper perspective. As for hurting someone's religious feelings and speaking of myself, I know what's real in the Lord, as the Word asks...........who shall separate us from the love of Christ?.......not possible here.
In this period of time, absolutely. Islam right now is where Christiany used to be in that regard. But even today in some places people get jailed/persecuted for challenging Chrisitanity. So there's room for improvement. I only quoted you because it seemed to me that your default position was that we shouldn't be allowed to place Jesus in the category of fictional characters.

lawest9
In this period of time, absolutely. Islam right now is where Christiany used to be in that regard. But even today in some places people get jailed/persecuted for challenging Chrisitanity. So there's room for improvement. I only quoted you because it seemed to me that your default position was that we shouldn't be allowed to place Jesus in the category of fictional characters. The only people who throw Jesus in with fictional characters are unbelievers, and those who do so doesn't offend me as much as they used as I've become much stronger in the Lord over the years, actually it confirms to me and likewise believers of how God hsve had mercy on our souls and have truly Blessed us.

As for religious persecution.......there are exceptions in any case but Islam has it's roots in violent bloodshed, and still do among many fractions, there are those who are Islamic apologist and try to proclaim the faith to be misunderstood and in truth a religion of peace and submission unto God, sorry but it is anything but that, one need only go to their own "Holy" books to view it's origins.

One_Angry_Scot

lawest9
As one who comes off like an unbeliever ( correct me if I'm wrong) you seem to know a little bit about the Bible but obviously not enough, and I don't mean the "end of the month" but of course the warnings that the Lord Jesus concerning the signs of the end times, such as........wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes in divers places ( look at the various places suffering from earthquakes that was not considered earthquake territory at one time ) the father agsinst the son and the son against the father, the mother against the daughter and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against the daughter in law and the daughter in law against the mother in law.

Understand that these things are going on right now as we speak, you alleged that some of these things were going on before the Lord was born physically here on earth, but no.........not to the extent yhat it is happening now.

DarkSaint85
You don't think the world is a more peaceful place, then say, when Genghis Khan was running around, or WW2, WW1, when Alexander was conquering Asia etc?

And that's just me using events familiar to Western readers. Am sure the Native and Central/South Americans, the general continent of Africa etc will have something to say about bloody periods in their past, compared to now.

SamZED
The only people who throw Jesus in with fictional characters are unbelievers, and those who do so doesn't offend me as much as they used as I've become much stronger in the Lord over the years, actually it confirms to me and likewise believers of how God hsve had mercy on our souls and have truly Blessed us.

As for religious persecution.......there are exceptions in any case but Islam has it's roots in violent bloodshed, and still do among many fractions, there are those who are Islamic apologist and try to proclaim the faith to be misunderstood and in truth a religion of peace and submission unto God, sorry but it is anything but that, one need only go to their own "Holy" books to view it's origins.
Yes, to us all religions with miracle claims seem equally implausible. As for Islam being rooted in violence, it is. So is Christianity. At best Christians get to argue that Bible is not AS bad or that Christians are LESS violent, but historically speaking it doesn't hold up. Every major religion has its share of dishonest apologists. Same goes for all the "Holy" books.

I like to use Star Wars as an analogy. I love SW both the original trilogy and the prequels. I realize that both are silly and have plot holes. So when someone tells me that all these movies are silly I don't mind. But if somebody's going to sit there and tell me that prequels suck because they are stupid and make no sense, while at the same time claiming that the original trilogy is this ingenious masterpiece... yeah no. It's dishonest.

One_Angry_Scot

JBL
Christ was here before all of the things you mentioned.

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You don't think the world is a more peaceful place, then say, when Genghis Khan was running around, or WW2, WW1, when Alexander was conquering Asia etc?

And that's just me using events familiar to Western readers. Am sure the Native and Central/South Americans, the general continent of Africa etc will have something to say about bloody periods in their past, compared to now. I would say that any peace the may seem to be enjoying is a sham in the sense that world peace is like a pot of hot water gradually boiling to the point of boiling over on the stove, using that metaphor to say this.........as my trust is deeply rooted in the Word of God, it speaks of a very troubled time to come.

I can't say or not rather there will be a WW3 for example but if nothing else the Bible let's know that there will be a coalition formed against the nation of Israel that will require the supernatural intervention of God himself to come to Israel's rescue, Bible prophecy is not wrong, there are troubled times ahead and at this point in time we are seeing the ground work being laid, and remember the final battle of Armageddon.

lawest9
Yes, to us all religions with miracle claims seem equally implausible. As for Islam being rooted in violence, it is. So is Christianity. At best Christians get to argue that Bible is not AS bad or that Christians are LESS violent, but historically speaking it doesn't hold up. Every major religion has its share of dishonest apologists. Same goes for all the "Holy" books.

I like to use Star Wars as an analogy. I love SW both the original trilogy and the prequels. I realize that both are silly and have plot holes. So when someone tells me that all these movies are silly I don't mind. But if somebody's going to sit there and tell me that prequels suck because they are stupid and make no sense, while at the same time claiming that the original trilogy is this ingenious masterpiece... yeah no. It's dishonest. You are right in the sense that many fractions of "Christianity" also has also had it's roots shrouded in bloody violence well, particularly Catholicism ( sorry for who ever this may offend ) the spsnish inquisition wars and other inquisition wars that worked opression and religious intolerance against others, and there were the Salem witch hunts/trials of hundreds of years ago, that burned those at the stake who were suspected of practicing sorcery, because of the Bible I believe that there are those who have satanic knowledge of black magic, which was why God command in the old ordinances to kill them, my thinking is that if those killed were truly witches could they have been so easily found out and killed?

Anyway my overall point is that not everything or everyone professing themselves to be of Christ is anything of the kind, I pretty much guarantee you that roughly 99% out of 100 professing their christianity are really not at all, remember.........the statement "I am a Christian" is perhaps the most over used terminology in existence, but examine that persons life living for a clue of who they really are, Lord Jesus said that 'you will know them by their fruits'. Jesus was about live and tolerance for our fellow man, and to for those who mistreat snd misuse you, and to even Bless your enemy and not to seek revenge against them as HE ( the Lord ) will repsy our enemies for their mistreatment of us, no one is getting away.

9jaboy
Originally posted by JBL
How about everything he said was going to happen happened and still is?
Also He created everything, Angels, Planets etc both the people talking in this thread, or do they think everything accidentally fell into place?

Comparing Jesus to anyone or thing is Insulting. But the thing is He still Loves you.

lawest9
@ One Angry Scot

Again I agree with you that no man knows the day or the time of the Lord's return to this earth, that's Bible and that is why the saints of God are to always be ready to go back with him so that that day do not catch us unawares, as it's said that he will as a thief in the night.

lawest9
Originally posted by 9jaboy
Also He created everything, Angels, Planets etc both the people talking in this thread, or do they think everything accidentally fell into place?

Comparing Jesus to anyone or thing is Insulting. But the thing is He still Loves you. I was about to respond to JBL with this very same thing , so you somewhat took the words right out of my mouth so to speak.

I'd just like to add this however as you mentioned thst God created the Angels, Planets as well as the sun and the moon, people on a vast level do not truly know who Jesus is, people think that his beginning was merely some 2,000 years ago when he was born to a then virgin named Mary, and of course that shell of flesh was what was the son of God that shedd blood for the redemption of many, but the spirit working in that body was that of the heavenly father making him both human and devine, both father and son and both God and man, the 1st chapter of the book of John lets us know that Jesus was here from the very beginning, he was the WORD that was with God and he was the WORD that WAS GOD that spoke everything you see around you into existence, and lastly he was the WORD that was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Lastly I'll like to say that it is pleasure to find another person posting on this forum who is likewise appalled at the idea of lumping the Lord Jesus in among fictional comicbook characters, truly insulting and disrespectful to our Lord as you said. Blessed day sir.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/uef3q9l

wink

lawest9
https://tinyurl.com/uef3q9l

wink But only ONE GOD who died that we can be reconciled to that one God, that might sound like a paradox to those without spiritual understanding, but it's true nonetheless.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL

Yeah......am pretty sure human history isn't just 2000ish years old stick out tongue

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by JBL

So Jesus was born before the Hittite Empire started (1600 BCE)

And the Roman Empire (753 BCE)?

@ One Angry Scot

Again I agree with you that no man knows the day or the time of the Lord's return to this earth, that's Bible and that is why the saints of God are to always be ready to go back with him so that that day do not catch us unawares, as it's said that he will as a thief in the night.

That's why I say people saying the end times are coming are not getting it right as nobody knows. It's become a pithy thing to say but by your books own admission nobody knows.

Yeah......am pretty sure human history isn't just 2000ish years old stick out tongue

thumb up

But only ONE GOD who died that we can be reconciled to that one God, that might sound like a paradox to those without spiritual understanding, but it's true nonetheless.

Plenty of Gods have died for the good of another people. It's not exclusive to Christianity. Prometheus is one good example. Almost like Plagarism.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by 9jaboy

Comparing Jesus to anyone or thing is Insulting. But the thing is He still Loves you.

And he created Teratoma's or at least knew they would come into existence but did nothing to stop it?

(Don't look that up if you're squeamish)

lawest9
And he created Teratoma's or at least knew they would come into existence but did nothing to stop it?

(Don't look that up if you're squeamish) I did look up the disease anyway, very ugly and nasty thing to have and I vaguely remember reading about the disease somewhere many years ago, but why do you contribute the disease as something that God himself created, over the centuries certain diseases have actually been contributed to demonic forces.

I remember looking at a religious program once where a man was giving a testimony of healing and telling his story behind it, he spoke of a agonizing pain in his shoulder that he had to get emergency hospital care for, while sitting on the hospital bed he said a person came into his room ( likely medical staff ) and that this person obviously had the ability to see things that most of us can't ( thank God ) and that person described to him that he saw a miniature demonic figure sitting on his hurting shoulder with long sharp claws that was dugged deep into his shoulder, scary to think about, eh?

DarkSaint85
Oh my.

One_Angry_Scot
I did look up the disease anyway, very ugly and nasty thing to have and I vaguely remember reading about the disease somewhere many years ago, but why do you contribute the disease as something that God himself created, over the centuries certain diseases have actually been contributed to demonic forces.

I remember looking at a religious program once where a man was giving a testimony of healing and telling his story behind it, he spoke of a agonizing pain in his shoulder that he had to get emergency hospital care for, while sitting on the hospital bed he said a person came into his room ( likely medical staff ) and that this person obviously had the ability to see things that most of us can't ( thank God ) and that person described to him that he saw a miniature demonic figure sitting on his hurting shoulder with long sharp claws that was dugged deep into his shoulder, scary to think about, eh?

So if you want to take that viewpoint it still doesn't answer why God did nothing about it since he obviously knew trillions of years before it happened that Teratoma would exist. But still did nothing to stop it.

Maybe it was an invisible and very angry Budgie.

Jokes aside its not realistic. Either the whole laws of physics change in your favour or you've made a mistake. I'm betting you have never seen anything supernatural yourself.

Oh my.

Smeagol has come into the real world.

lawest9
So if you want to take that viewpoint it still doesn't answer why God did nothing about it since he obviously knew trillions of years before it happened that Teratoma would exist. But still did nothing to stop it.

Maybe it was an invisible and very angry Budgie.

Jokes aside its not realistic. Either the whole laws of physics change in your favour or you've made a mistake. I'm betting you have never seen anything supernatural yourself.

Smeagol has come into the real world. You may well lose that bet, I've definitely experienced the supernatural as far as God filling me with his spirit and my speaking with other tongues as the spirit gave the utterance and I'm "betting" that you have never experienced that, so correct me if I'm wrong.

As for God allowing the disease to come into existence..........he allowed many diseases to come into the world such as cancer, diabetes, mental illness, just to name a few of many, you should also bare in mind that disease like many things are a direct result of sin that came into the earth via the disobedience of our fore parents Adam and Eve, these things have been preordained before the foundation of the world, but also.........the ultimate cure, salvation and living forever with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

One_Angry_Scot
You may well lose that bet, I've definitely experienced the supernatural as far as God filling me with his spirit and my speaking with other tongues as the spirit gave the utterance and I'm "betting" that you have never experienced that, so correct me if I'm wrong.

As for God allowing the disease to come into existence..........he allowed many diseases to come into the world such as cancer, diabetes, mental illness, just to name a few of many, you should also bare in mind that disease like many things are a direct result of sin that came into the earth via the disobedience of our fore parents Adam and Eve, these things have been preordained before the foundation of the world, but also.........the ultimate cure, salvation and living forever with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the "filling me with his spirit". Do you mean that you felta sudden sense of joy? And for when it comes to speaking tongues to me this never seems like a lot of proof. For one I it's meant to be a language unidentifiable to the speaker. So you can just be in the peak of an ecstatic moment and you just start muttering releasing a sort of word salad and because it happens in a church where people can be overcome by the atmosphere. It's interpreted as being some sort of godly terrain.

And you aagain might be missing the point of my question, you believe the diseases came into the world because of sin (because of the actions of one person which shouldn't affect everyone else should it really). So lets presume they did. God knew Adam and Eve would sin before it ever happened. So he also must've known all the diseases that we now live with were going to be brought into the world.

So you are saying in affect he knew that Adam and Eve would sin and that would cause cancer etc and he still did nothing about it? It's either he willingly let cancers develop with infinite years of precognition deliberately or he wasn't aware that was going to happen (thereby he would not be a supreme being).

JBL
So Jesus was born before the Hittite Empire started (1600 BCE)

And the Roman Empire (753 BCE)?

That's why I say people saying the end times are coming are not getting it right as nobody knows. It's become a pithy thing to say but by your books own admission nobody knows.

thumb up

Plenty of Gods have died for the good of another people. It's not exclusive to Christianity. Prometheus is one good example. Almost like Plagarism. Yes Jesus was here before all of that. Answer this question.. Who raised Jesus from the dead?

lawest9
Could you elaborate a bit more on the "filling me with his spirit". Do you mean that you felta sudden sense of joy? And for when it comes to speaking tongues to me this never seems like a lot of proof. For one I it's meant to be a language unidentifiable to the speaker. So you can just be in the peak of an ecstatic moment and you just start muttering releasing a sort of word salad and because it happens in a church where people can be overcome by the atmosphere. It's interpreted as being some sort of godly terrain.

And you aagain might be missing the point of my question, you believe the diseases came into the world because of sin (because of the actions of one person which shouldn't affect everyone else should it really). So lets presume they did. God knew Adam and Eve would sin before it ever happened. So he also must've known all the diseases that we now live with were going to be brought into the world.

So you are saying in affect he knew that Adam and Eve would sin and that would cause cancer etc and he still did nothing about it? It's either he willingly let cancers develop with infinite years of precognition deliberately or he wasn't aware that was going to happen (thereby he would not be a supreme being). You have sn odd take on things my friend, and I hope that I'm wrong but you seem to be caught up in your endless quest of why God has allowed certain things to come into play, I hope that you will eventually find peace, pethsps the following scripture below will you somewhat

Ephesians 1:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

True that this pertain to people preordained for salvation in Christ Jesus, but through the fall of man in the garden a lot of other things csme into play as a result of this including diseases, and so my question to you would be why do you question God's will snd omnipotence for allowing these things to be?........God asked in his Word can any man counsel him?

My suggestion to you would be to seek God for your answers through prayer.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by JBL
Yes Jesus was here before all of that. Answer this question.. Who raised Jesus from the dead?

I don't believe he was he going by the fact he was born in or around 6BC. In answer to your question no one because I don't believe in magic or some otherworldly power being able to twist the laws of physics.

One_Angry_Scot
You have sn odd take on things my friend, and I hope that I'm wrong but you seem to be caught up in your endless quest of why God has allowed certain things to come into play, I hope that you will eventually find peace, pethsps the following scripture below will you somewhat

Ephesians 1:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

True that this pertain to people preordained for salvation in Christ Jesus, but through the fall of man in the garden a lot of other things csme into play as a result of this including diseases, and so my question to you would be why do you question God's will snd omnipotence for allowing these things to be?........God asked in his Word can any man counsel him?

My suggestion to you would be to seek God for your answers through prayer.

You still haven't answered the question though, so do you believe that God let all these diseases exist in advance because he knows what shall happen in the past, present and the future?

My point being if he is omnipotent then he knew trillions of years before it happened and decided to condemn millions of people to death. Or he isn't omnipotent and was unable to stop these things happening.

lawest9
You still haven't answered the question though, so do you believe that God let all these diseases exist in advance because he knows what shall happen in the past, present and the future?

My point being if he is omnipotent then he knew trillions of years before it happened and decided to condemn millions of people to death. Or he isn't omnipotent and was unable to stop these things happening. I understood your question well, but without meaning to insult you, your mind seems to be trapped in an on going circular loop on your questions, so I'll make one final attempt here with you, why limit your question to diseases, why not ask why he also allows war, hunger and starvation, fires, floods , tornadoes and hurricanes, etc that kills destroys property and displaces people in general, I don't have the answers to your question, only God know all things, again seek him out for it.

DarkSaint85
He would also question earthquakes and fires. Disease just happened to be an example that came to mind.

JBL
I don't believe he was he going by the fact he was born in or around 6BC. In answer to your question no one because I don't believe in magic or some otherworldly power being able to twist the laws of physics. In other words, you believe man when he say we evolved from monkeys yet there are still monkeys and we all of a sudden stopped evolving? The big bang theory huh? Was man back there to see it happen. Man also created a machine to tell if someone is lying or not, and people believe it, yet no one has every been convicted on a lie detector. All of this just happened because of an explosion right? The sun was in a perfect place, the earth was in the perfect place, water appeared and we knew to drink it to live. Oxygen was somehow perfect for us to breathe. Gravity just happened to keep us from flying off into space. Man did all that right?

lawest9
I don't believe he was he going by the fact he was born in or around 6BC. In answer to your question no one because I don't believe in magic or some otherworldly power being able to twist the laws of physics. Then if you don't believe that God has raised Jesus from the dead, then you are obviously an atheist ( which is your business ) and why constantly peddle these questions to those of us who believe, if you are strictly about the laws of physics, then why not seek your answers from among scientist and college professors for example.

One_Angry_Scot
I understood your question well, but without meaning to insult you, your mind seems to be trapped in an on going circular loop on your questions, so I'll make one final attempt here with you, why limit your question to diseases, why not ask why he also allows war, hunger and starvation, fires, floods , tornadoes and hurricanes, etc that kills destroys property and displaces people in general, I don't have the answers to your question, only God know all things, again seek him out for it.

There is a circular loop because you can't answer the question. This is the next deflection (what about other things).

If you answer yes then you are admitting to worshipping a creator that knows and sits back knowing that millions of people will die in indescribable pain because of 2 people in a far flung future that will commit a crime because of one of his angels that doesn't exist yet.

And if you say no then you are admitting that God didn't know and so he isn't all-knowing. So it's quite simple,

Did god know in advance of trillions of years that millions and millions of people would die from cancer?

ShadowFyre
Woah, this conversation sounds super deep, I'm almost afraid to go back and find out what we are talking about.

And for squall, I can't quote but I totally catch what your dropping now

lawest9
Originally posted by JBL
In other words, you believe man when he say we evolved from monkeys yet there are still monkeys and we all of a sudden stopped evolving? The big bang theory huh? Was man back there to see it happen. Man also created a machine to tell if someone is lying or not, and people believe it, yet no one has every been convicted on a lie detector. All of this just happened because of an explosion right? The sun was in a perfect place, the earth was in the perfect place, water appeared and we knew to drink it to live. Oxygen was somehow perfect for us to breathe. Gravity just happened to keep us from flying off into space. Man did all that right? Excellent post.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by JBL
In other words, you believe man when he say we evolved from monkeys yet there are still monkeys and we all of a sudden stopped evolving? The big bang theory huh? Was man back there to see it happen. Man also created a machine to tell if someone is lying or not, and people believe it, yet no one has every been convicted on a lie detector. All of this just happened because of an explosion right? The sun was in a perfect place, the earth was in the perfect place, water appeared and we knew to drink it to live. Oxygen was somehow perfect for us to breathe. Gravity just happened to keep us from flying off into space. Man did all that right?

There's multiple things wrong here. One you appear to be implying that there is only ever one strain of "monkeys". Maybe you can explain Denisovans then.

Okay then so, is God letting this perfectly designed Sun become a Supernova in a few billion years so that a future species of human will be extinct.

And how do you know we've stopped evolving. Do you think Evolution is like in Jumanji where the kid changes into a monkey within seconds?

So you're implying that I think man made a gravity machine that makes gravity work?

And oxygen isn't perfect for us to breathe by the way.

Then if you don't believe that God has raised Jesus from the dead, then you are obviously an atheist ( which is your business ) and why constantly peddle these questions to those of us who believe, if you are strictly about the laws of physics, then why not seek your answers from among scientist and college professors for example.

Why does that beget that I am an atheist? I could be a Hindu, a Jain, a Taoist. What is it with the us vs them mentality. This is again another avoidance of the question. "Don't question us question physics".

ShadowFyre
I personally don't believe in God's that we pray to and I think the Christian and Muslim God in particular sound far more hateful than than loving, so I would not worship them even if they were proven real.

But I agree with JBL, an explosion did not make all of this. No ****ing way. And where did the stuff come from to begin with? Makes no sense.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I personally don't believe in God's that we pray to and I think the Christian and Muslim God in particular sound far more hateful than than loving, so I would not worship them even if they were proven real.

But I agree with JBL, an explosion did not make all of this. No ****ing way. And where did the stuff come from to begin with? Makes no sense.

I'm all for discussion about that. He just presumes I am some hypophetical atheist who believes these rigid ideas that he perceives as being what he doesn't believe. He hasn't even asked me what I think about the big bang. If he asks me I'll answer.

lawest9
There is a circular loop because you can't answer the question. This is the next deflection (what about other things).

If you answer yes then you are admitting to worshipping a creator that knows and sits back knowing that millions of people will die in indescribable pain because of 2 people in a far flung future that will commit a crime because of one of his angels that doesn't exist yet.

And if you say no then you are admitting that God didn't know and so he isn't all-knowing. So it's quite simple,

Did god know in advance of trillions of years that millions and millions of people would die from cancer? Actually I doubt if anyone can give you the answers you are alledgedly seeking, becsuse they are near mindless in nature, as I've said before, only God knows all things and only he knows why he allows all things to happen, you have really set up your own answers when you present what others believe or don't believe bssed off of rather they answer you by 'yes or no', this is a useless conversation that I'll withdraw myself from.

One_Angry_Scot
Actually I doubt if anyone can give you the answers you are alledgedly seeking, becsuse they are near mindless in nature, as I've said before, only God knows all things and only he knows why he allows all things to happen, you have really set up your own answers when you present what others believe or don't believe bssed off of rather they answer you by 'yes or no', this is a useless conversation that I'll withdraw myself from.

So you can't answer the question that would either damn your God or diminish his power. So you give up. Thansk for the discussion either way. Iwasn't being hostile in any way, I just like discussing this stuff.

lawest9
So you can't answer the question that would either damn your God or diminish his power. So you give up. Thansk for the discussion either way. Iwasn't being hostile in any way, I just like discussing this stuff. I see that you do, but understsnd that no man has the power to "damn God or diminish his power", but it was entertaining seeing you try however.

One_Angry_Scot
I see that you do, but understsnd that no man has the power to "damn God or diminish his power", but it was entertaining seeing you try however.

Saying I'm "trying" implies some nebulous behaviour behind my discussion which I hope you aren't doing. I just asked a straightforward question.

DarkSaint85
So who wins, Santa or Superman?

I reckon Superman.

One_Angry_Scot
So who wins, Santa or Superman?

I reckon Superman.

Ultimately I think Superman's story at least for me personally has more weight. Though if it was based on children at Christmas then Santa has a much greater level of meaning.

SquallX
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Woah, this conversation sounds super deep, I'm almost afraid to go back and find out what we are talking about.

And for squall, I can't quote but I totally catch what your dropping now

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Thinking about it, if Santa is dependent on belief, really, kids only have Santa for like max five years. After that, either folder siblings or other children destroy that myth.

Its a really short time period, really.

One_Angry_Scot
Thinking about it, if Santa is dependent on belief, really, kids only have Santa for like max five years. After that, either folder siblings or other children destroy that myth.

Like Gods that have power dependent on how fervently they are worshipped. Santa gets a massive boost every December. Then slips down(up) the chimney again. So it would be Superman overall I guess.

lawest9
Saying I'm "trying" implies some nebulous behaviour behind my discussion which I hope you aren't doing. I just asked a straightforward question. Your question doesn't make a lot of sense, your question was answered but as with a lot of people when that answer is not w3hst you want to hear then you sccuse the person that you asked then question of not answering it, also you tried to set an idea of what my personal beliefs are of my God based on a yes or no scenario, you claim a form of innocence in your conversation but you are obviously seeking to play games with people.

You accused JBL of wrongfully misrepresenting your beliefs but your confessed unbelief of the Lord and Savior as Christ and the creator God reveals so much about you, so I'll bite...........by asking you this, how do you believe that everything you around you in existence came to be?

One_Angry_Scot
Your question doesn't make a lot of sense, your question was answered but as with a lot of people when that answer is not w3hst you want to hear then you sccuse the person that you asked then question of not answering it, also you tried to set an idea of what my personal beliefs are of my God based on a yes or no scenario, you claim a form of innocence in your conversation but you are obviously seeking to play games with people.

You accused JBL of wrongfully misrepresenting your beliefs but your confessed unbelief of the Lord and Savior as Christ and the creator God reveals so much about you, so I'll bite...........by asking you this, how do you believe that everything you around you in existence came to be?

Im practicing my guitar now so I'll answer this in a hour or so, thanks.

lawest9
Im practicing my guitar now so I'll answer this in a hour or so, thanks. Truthfully...........don't bother.

One_Angry_Scot
Truthfully...........don't bother.

Pretty pointless "biting" then wasn't it?

lawest9
Pretty pointless "biting" then wasn't it? I understand that you need an hour to think up your answer, again understandable that you are entrapped in what passes as your own screwed up "logic", but go ahead and take your time, Lol.

One_Angry_Scot
I understand that you need an hour to think up your answer, sgain understandable that you are entrapped in what passes as your own screwed up "logic", but go ahead and take your time, Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/QjLEbMk.jpg1

I'm playing my guitar mate.

StiltmanFTW
I'm buddies with Scot on fb messenger and I can confirm it's indeed his regular hobby.

He's not trolling you or buying time for himself, law stick out tongue

lawest9
https://i.imgur.com/QjLEbMk.jpg1

I'm playing my guitar mate. Like I said.........
take your time.

beatboks

Its double that. My 13 yr old has only disbeleived Santa this year and questioned him last year. My 11 yr old still believes and mmh yr7 yr old is a true believer.

My sister in law has 6 kids and the younges they stopped beleiving was about 10/11. Same for my sisters kids. You might get the very occasional 9 yr old but in my experience 10-12 is when beleif in Santa is gone.

lawest9
I'm buddies with Scot on fb messenger and I can confirm it's indeed his regular hobby.

He's not trolling you or buying time for himself, law stick out tongue So you are on FB?

One_Angry_Scot
Like I said.........
take your time.

Okay thanks mate, honestly not lying though. I practice for a minimum 4 hours a day plus about 2 hours studying music theory. That's a routine I have, half when I wake up in the morning and the other half just before bedtime.

StiltmanFTW
So you are on FB?

Not all of us, but plenty of kmcers use it, sure.

Love it or hate it, it *is* the largest social networking site... for the time being.

lawest9
Not all of us, but plenty of kmcers use it, sure.

Love it or hate it, it *is* the largest social networking site... for the time being. Yes, I have an account as well.

One_Angry_Scot

One_Angry_Scot
That should be *veer not beer.

lawest9
@ One Angry Scot

Thank you for taking the time out to respond, I can sense the sincerity on your words as to your stance on creation, God and how things came to be, I'll keep my response short, as you are likely sincere in what you believe or don't believe rather, we'll have to agree to disagree, you see as long as I've been old enough to remember beginning as a very young child, I have always had a very strong sense of something unseen that was far greater than myself, of it wasn't until young adulthood that God drew me into his truth and placed me where I gould could hear and learn the true Word of God that was preached to me in it's fullness, but being a young child I always sensed that there was something different about myself from most other people, at the time I didn't understand what it was and any knowledge of God that I had at that time was what my parents and great aunt taught me, it wasn't until years later that I discovered that their own knowledge was very limited, my great aunt ( who was like a 2nd mother to me ) had pictures of a soft looking pale white skenned Jesus with long hair ( in short, the hippie appearance of the European depiction of Jesus ).

In short as this post will turn out to be longer than I intended, I never had any problem believing in the existence of the almighty even before I knew too much about as it relates from the Bible, from my early childhood on up I know now that it was his spirit that always inwardly calmed me that everything was going to be alright during the most stressful of situations, this is why I cannot look at sll of creation around me and not acknowledge within myself that something greater than myselfis responsible for it all, therefore God/Christ existence is not an "perhaps he exists or perhaps not", I'm a witness that he is real in my soul as he has rescued me and kept me alive through these many years through illnesses and dangerous situations that should have left me dead many times.

But it is up to God and God alone to work with your heart and guide you into his truth.

StiltmanFTW
That should be *veer not beer.

You ruined your entire post by "correcting" it...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5e38a585a1fff127c41413c467c8b676/tenor.gif

carver9
Wow... the conversations in here are deep.

StiltmanFTW
Not as deep as those we have in the Church of Gamma, my dearest Pope.

DarkSaint85

Bentley
He does have speed travelling speed and invisibility feats after resurrection

Putinbot1
Well Lobo beat the shit out of Santa so...

ShadowFyre
This surprisingly didn't get as bad as I thought it would. And I feel like we are doing a disservice to the whole conversation by only using one deity. Is there any Muslims or Buddhists, I would love to hear their take.

As for the thread itself, someone pointed out that Lobo has beaten Santa, common sense would dictate Superman could as well, but Lobo has done things that I feel they would never portray Superman as able to do, cartoonist shit like roll a city into a ball and whatnot. So I honestly feel like Lobo, and other consistent 4th wall breakers is far better equipped to fight particular opponents than the average portrayal of Clark.

DarkSaint85
Superman needed Santa's help btw when Neron took over the North Pole (according to Plastic Man).

ShadowFyre
Well, Superman should need help in certain scenarios, every character should, anything less ruins a character in my opinion, and like I admitted to before I never really disliked the character himself, its how people on here and comicvine portray him and refuse to acknowledge he has any type of limitation at all. There was a Dr. Fate vs. Superman thread on the vine and people were legit trying to say that Superman was gonna teach himself magic in the middle of a fight with Dr. Date and then out ****ing spellcast him. You just don't have to do all that

DarkSaint85
Lmao "teach himself magic". Yeah no lol. Not even abhi would seriously argue that.

ShadowFyre
Anyway, I know religion is a touchy subject and I sincerely hope nobody gets to out of whack over finding out others are atheist or whatnot. I'm agnostic, and I just don't buy the big bang. They have never stated where any of the matter came from in the first place and it simply does not make sense. The best I can guess is it came from another universe dying or something.

But I honestly stopped caring, whether God's or real or not, I am going to conduct myself in a certain manner regardless, whether it's good or bad is irrelevant, it's who I am and that is not gonna change. I sincerely hope when we die maybe we learn how the whole damn thing unfolds but if not, well to ****in late I guess

BrolyBlack
What a great thread this has become. This should be a beacon of hope to religious discussion here and abroad.

lawest9
What a great thread this has become. This should be a beacon of hope to religious discussion here and abroad. I'm all for that.

StiltmanFTW
jesus

DarkSaint85
My handbook has Jesus at 5 for fighting ability (with a whip and tax collectors), and 7 for energy projection (death command, as with the fig tree, matter manip like with the loaves and transmuting water into wine). His speed is low street, but strength level is probably high, due to him doing all that walking and being a carpenter.

Golden Age DS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.