Sidious Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Thanos get his bad ass sword and armor.

Thanos has the space stone.

No BFR

Psychotron
Wanda was crushing Thanos with her TK. I see no reason why Sidious wouldn't be albe to replicate this.

carthage
Sidious vaporizes him

BruceSkywalker
Sidious takes care of business

relentless1
Sidious was casually destroying a fleet of ships, Thanos is nothing compared to him

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

Where is Quan?

Psychotron
Still crying.

John Murdoch
TK + space fleet level Force lightning = a massive loss for Thanos. Wanda would've killed him with her telekinesis, and both the MCU Chris's could've fried him with lightning as well. Both are weaknesses Thanos has no answer for, and Sidious can both TK and shoot lightning with zero effort against a non-Force user.

Game, set, match, Palpatine.

ShadowFyre
I have read some Star Wars books and I know a little about the EU of it, was a force user ever that powerful though? I remember Luke or Anakin effected a ship or satellite in space but nothing on this level.

ares834
Yes. Hell, Palpatine was more powerful in the EU.

ShadowFyre
Really? The books I did read mainly were in a different time era than when palp was around. I'm gonna have to go check some out. Any off the top of your head you would recommend?

ares834
Depends on what you want. Books? Comics? What time period? Jedi/Sith focus? etc...

KotOR is probably the peak of the EU IMO.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, books and I like my nostalgia and the characters I am familiar with.

I do love comics but they rarely do the same thing for me that a good book does. At least not anymore, when I was a kid sure

ares834
Then the obvious choice is the Thrawn Trilogy.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Really? The books I did read mainly were in a different time era than when palp was around. I'm gonna have to go check some out. Any off the top of your head you would recommend?

i thoroughly enjoyed the EU, shame it isn't canon but yea Sheev was powerful

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by ares834
Then the obvious choice is the Thrawn Trilogy.

Thanks

Eon Blue
Thanos wins.

Lighter332
I have read some Star Wars books and I know a little about the EU of it, was a force user ever that powerful though? I remember Luke or Anakin effected a ship or satellite in space but nothing on this level.

Darth Nihilus telekinetically moved an entire fleet of warships.

TheVaultDweller
lol at this thread. We already saw that Thanos can't do shit once he gets lifted in the air.

Impediment
Sidious forces it up Thanos' purple ass.

playa1258
Sidious via the force.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by playa1258
Sidious via the force.

Well how else would he win anything lol I'm pretty sure that's the only thing keeping him alive period.

StiltmanFTW
Well how else

Lightsaber moves that were fast enough to blitz three Council Members wink

relentless1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Lightsaber moves that were fast enough to blitz three Council Members wink

that's still using the Force though

TheVaultDweller
Just a bit of nerdiness. Kyle Hill tries to break down how Force Lightning could work:

_8amsn4vFN4

Though if his comments regarding distance relating to power is accurate, that chain Sidious shot at the end of TRoS would have needed an insane amount of juice to pull off.

Eon Blue

Trocity
Poll says it all.

Oh well... Thanos got to be Disney's interim king.

He kept the throne warm for the Emperor.

StiltmanFTW

Eon Blue
Dione is masculine compared to SHEEEEEEEV!!!?

Raptor22
I have read some Star Wars books and I know a little about the EU of it, was a force user ever that powerful though? I remember Luke or Anakin effected a ship or satellite in space but nothing on this level. the eu has some pretty powerful feats.

Dorsk 81 after being lent some force power from other jedi students at the jedi academy was able to force push an entire fleet of star destroyers several lightyears away with one blast.

Also Ares was spot on with his suggestion. If ur looking for a great star wars story to jump into the eu then the Thrawn trilogy is defiantly the way 2 go.

Robtard
And Thanos' name is Dione...

How is that pronounced? Die-own? Dee-on-e? Dio-nee? Or?

Surtur
Originally posted by Raptor22
the eu has some pretty powerful feats.

Dorsk 81 after being lent some force power from other jedi students at the jedi academy was able to force push an entire fleet of star destroyers several lightyears away with one blast.

Also Ares was spot on with his suggestion. If ur looking for a great star wars story to jump into the eu then the Thrawn trilogy is defiantly the way 2 go.

Yeah Thrawn trilogy has always been something I wanted made into a movie trilogy. But then they'd probably f*ck it up so I guess I don't.

Surtur
Originally posted by Psychotron
Wanda was crushing Thanos with her TK. I see no reason why Sidious wouldn't be albe to replicate this.

This reminds me of how Kevin Feige was recently asked who the most powerful hero was and he said Wanda, citing her performance against Thanos.

And yeah Thanos loses here.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
This reminds me of how Kevin Feige was recently asked who the most powerful hero was and he said Wanda, citing her performance against Thanos.

And yeah Thanos loses here.

I thought Feige said Cap Marvel was the most powerful.

But yeah he did confirm that Wanda would have crushed Thanos.

Eon Blue
Thanos wins.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor

https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch-strongest-mcu-hero-kevin-feige/

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch-strongest-mcu-hero-kevin-feige/

Oh right I didnt know he said that.

Quan has been betrayed by Disney twice in the same year laughing out loud

Thats what you get for being a shill.

HulkIsHulk
Talking about EU feats, I heard Yoda once collapsed a black hole or something.

Psychotron

There's no contradiction because Carol was also overpowering Thanos before he used the power stone.

Surtur
See my link. He brings up Wanda when asked about who is the most powerful...

I'm sure WandaVision will give her more feats too.

h1a8
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Talking about EU feats, I heard Yoda once collapsed a black hole or something.

A black hole is a star already collapsed. Only the uncollapsed can be collapsed.

Surtur
To be fair what the people who make it say doesn't speak as loudly as what is on screen.

In a fight I'd say Captain Marvel beats Wanda.

Darth Thor
I think its safe to say either one of them beat on Thanos.

Which we already knew after watching Endgame.

Surtur
Yeah. I don't know why they didn't give Thanos any of his normal powers...they just gave him strength and high durability. No telepathy, transmutation, energy blasts, etc.

Darth Thor
Yeah in terms of abilities MCU Thanos was pretty lame.

Eon Blue

thumb up

Putinbot1
I would have liked to have seen eye blasts.

StiltmanFTW

He was still very powerful, especially for their cinematic universe standards... but sure, he didn't even have 0.01% of his comic counterpart's versatility.

Though that "Thanos Copter" blade was pretty nice, having sliced through Cap's shield and all.

Darth Thor
^ Oh of course he was powerful. But with his lack of versatility it doesnt make him invincible the way he should be (sans a Skyfather level+ opponent).

StiltmanFTW
Correct.

No telepathy, no occultism, no Power Cosmic, no flying chair (I'm not counting its brief appearance in GotG v1), no forcefields...

Hell, we didn't even get his signature energy blasts --- I'm not even talking about the eye lasers, just his hand beams.

Eon Blue

Darth Thor
^ Not to that extent its not.

no flying chair (I'm not counting its brief appearance in GotG v1),

I was gonna mention that. He should have used that chair in a battle scenario.

h1a8
In reality Thor should beat the shit outta Thanos in the films.
Just stay the distance and use ranged attacks (lightning, hammer throws, Destroyer tactic with wind vortex and drop etc)

StiltmanFTW
He already tried that in comics, Thanos kept laughing and mocking him.

Psychotron
Originally posted by h1a8
In reality Thor should beat the shit outta Thanos in the films.
Just stay the distance and use ranged attacks (lightning, hammer throws, Destroyer tactic with wind vortex and drop etc)

Movie Thor has room temperature IQ, though.

StiltmanFTW
He's still smarter than his comic counterpart laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Still beats Hulks Butt. With or without Mjolnir.

But then, who doesnt beat Hulk nowadays? Smart Hulk or dumb Hulk.. Theyre all trash tier laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Still a dozen tiers above Janithor smile

Bentley
Originally posted by Trocity
Poll says it all.

Oh well... Thanos got to be Disney's interim king.

He kept the throne warm for the Emperor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.