Is Disney Palpatine a planet-buster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lighter332
I was looking over threads on here and saw some stuff about Darth Nihilus.

I played KotoR II many years ago and remembered that Sith Lord.

Turns out apparently Kreia had visions of Nihilus devouring the Sith Emperor (Vitiate/Valkorian)

Darth Nihilus easily tanked a super weapon that destroyed the planet he was on and survived and went on to kill a load of people and travel into space, devouring the planet Katarr, which also housed hundreds of Jedi.

Disney Palpatine seems powerful, but I'm wondering if his Sith Lighting, which could destroy a fleet of ships, can destroy an entire planet?

If Palpatine's Lightning isn't planet-level in terms of destruction, I don't see him having any chance of beating Darth Nihilus.

So is Disney Palpatine a planet-buster? Any evidence?

Zenwolf
Why would he be if all his lighting which he had to supposedly channel all the Sith power, could only be on a fleet level?

A fleet isn't a planet, until the lighting is shown to be such a level, it's not. That simple.

Otherwise, if we're just gonna start making stuff up, then hey, let's do it for all the other characters if we're gonna be playing that game.

Lighter332
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why would he be if all his lighting which he had to supposedly channel all the Sith power, could only be on a fleet level?

A fleet isn't a planet, until the lighting is shown to be such a level, it's not. That simple.

Otherwise, if we're just gonna start making stuff up, then hey, let's do it for all the other characters if we're gonna be playing that game.

That's what I was thinking. wink

Total Warrior
Basically what Zenwolf said

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Lighter332
I was looking over threads on here and saw some stuff about Darth Nihilus.

I played KotoR II many years ago and remembered that Sith Lord.

Turns out apparently Kreia had visions of Nihilus devouring the Sith Emperor (Vitiate/Valkorian)

Darth Nihilus easily tanked a super weapon that destroyed the planet he was on and survived and went on to kill a load of people and travel into space, devouring the planet Katarr, which also housed hundreds of Jedi.

Disney Palpatine seems powerful, but I'm wondering if his Sith Lighting, which could destroy a fleet of ships, can destroy an entire planet?

If Palpatine's Lightning isn't planet-level in terms of destruction, I don't see him having any chance of beating Darth Nihilus.

So is Disney Palpatine a planet-buster? Any evidence?
1. Darth Nihilus could not devour the Sith Emperor and neither Kriea had such visions. The Sith Emperor wasn't an ordinary being with numerous safeguards in place, safeguards which will ensure his come back in case of worse. The Emperor's Voices are hinted even in the Revan novel.

There is a hell of a difference between ravaging virtually defenseless worlds and taking on a well-equipped Empire. Darth Nihilius risked getting his fleet and himself blown to bits in the process.

There is no need to take every word of Darth Traya at face value - she was doing her best to push the Jedi Exile to do her bidding and filling her head with half-baked information; manipulation was necessary.

2. Darth Nihilus did not easily tank energy output of the Mass Shadow Generator - he managed to survive and so did Meetra Surik and some others. While stranded on Malachor V, Darth Nihilus showed affinity for siphoning energy from others to sustain himself, and received ample training from Darth Traya in honing his abilities for the needful and more. He was able to leave Malachor V after becoming powerful in the ways of the Force.

Darth Nihilus's extraordinary devouring capabilities were a byproduct of his condition of Hunger which in turn was a byproduct of events concerning Malachor V. However, his condition began to take a toll on his physical wellbeing and mind over time.

The Merchant
Well we know in Disney canon an unknown amount of Jedi were able to pulverize comet Kinro which was capable of pulverizing multiple planets if not stopped. Rey with all the power of the Jedi was relevant to Palpatine who had all the power of the Sith, so they should scale from the Jedi who stopped Kinro.

Trocity
No Jedi or Sith, in canon or legends, is a planet buster. Not even close.

Psychotron

Sidious didn't strain himself at all disabling the fleet, however.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Psychotron
Sidious didn't strain himself at all disabling the fleet, however.

So? That doesn't make him a planet buster.

relentless1

not explicitly, but it stands to reason that if Sidious was frying the entire fleet casually without strain that he should be able to crank it up to higher levels

Psychotron

No, but we don't really know what his upper limits are.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

BrolyBlack
Not even close.

ares834
kek
People are blowing this way out of proportion. While a great feat, his lightning didn't even destroy the ships. It's more of a glorified EMP than anything. It's not even enough to say that his lightning could raze a city let alone an entire planet.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
kek
People are blowing this way out of proportion. While a great feat, his lightning didn't even destroy the ships. It's more of a glorified EMP than anything. It's not even enough to say that his lightning could raze a city let alone an entire planet.

Idk about that given the size of that fleet. At worst Palpatine on his own has power superior to a couple of Subjugator-class heavy cruisers.

ares834
It's completely different power though that does very different things. I suppose if the city in question is wood rather than concrete and metal it willl be easily destroyed.

Lord Stark
It's completely different power though that does very different things. I suppose if the city in question is wood rather than concrete and metal it willl be easily destroyed.

True but in theory the shields are the only reason the people and the ships themselves aren't obliterated.

ares834
His lightning causes all the ships's systems to go haywire. Just like the engines and other systems, I expect that that shields would have gone down as well.

Lord Stark
His lightning causes all the ships's systems to go haywire. Just like the engines and other systems, I expect that that shields would have gone down as well.

You'd think but I can't really explain why it would not kill the people inside unless there was some form of shielding intact.

Darth Thor
Its effect seems to be like the Ion Canon from Grievous ship the Malevolence.

Zenwolf

S_W_LeGenD
WE saw Valkorion's weakened spirit housed in an inferior vessel, electrocuting scores of military-grade warships (some really big) across the station while focused on Arcann. To the point that warship activity came to a complete halt. This is clearly fleet busting feat.

Now imagine what Valkorion would do to a fleet when in proper strength. There should be no doubts about Valkorion - he is SUPER in every category of Force Power. His choices are another matter.

I like the aspect of Valkorion being focused in his exploits, to minimize attention rather than leveling environments and boasting about his exploits on a frequent basis. Hall Hood have a similar viewpoint.

When Valkorion decided to devastate a WORLD to send a message across, he pulled it off with just a blast of power. He reduced every Force-user on the surface to dust in the process. And not any ordinary planet but a very big one with a massive populated base and multiple moons orbiting it.

Valkorion is without any doubt stronger than any individual Jedi or Sith.

Palpatine is a showoff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.