Kirak Infil'a vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Any Jedi that calls Vader "weak" is a bad@ss in my book.

Can Darth Maul take down Kirak in a battle to the death?

Total Warrior
Nah maul wins

Galan007
Hard to say.

When they first met, Kirak overpowered Vader with the Force:
https://i.imgur.com/oGVQaQS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XujTLVa.jpg

Kirak then legitimately beat Vader in their duel, but...
-Their battle took place just a few days after the events of RotS, so I personally wouldn't consider this a 'peak' Vader.
-It is also possible that Vader had been weakened by the 'traps' he faced beforehand(namely the Raptorans, which damaged his armor significantly.)

juggernaut74
What little we saw from Kirak he seemed like a bad@ss.

Seems like the Jedi Order put him in a timeout for wanting to fight all the time.

Underachiever59
There's a ton of circumstance around Kirak Infil'a's duel with Vader.

1. Vader initially had no problem Force choking a prepared Infil'a, although the Jedi was able to break free by Force pushing Vader.

2. Vader's suit had been heavily damaged on his way up the mountain, first by being crushed under the weight of an entire dam being opened up on him, then by traps such as raptorans during the trek up to Infil'a.

3. Before the two crossed blades, Vader very nearly killed Infil'a with TK thrown rocks, knocking the Jedi to the ground and prompting Kirak's training droid to leap in to defend the fallen Jedi.

4. Infil'a was unable to actually land a strike on Vader during their first duel, with the combat only ending when Vader's already heavily damaged cybernetics finally gave out and broke under the strain.

Had Vader faced Kirak Infil'a totally fresh, and armed with a lightsaber of his own, I doubt Infil'a would have fared as well. At the very least, the contest would have been much more even, allowing Vader's raw strength in the Force to be more of a tipping point.

All that said, Infil'a's performance against Vader was admirable, but I don't think it's enough to decisively put him above the likes of Darth Maul. The Vader Infil'a fought was vastly pre-prime, and severely damaged. Maul likely would have made much shorter work of a similarly damaged early-years Vader, had the two met.

In my opinion, Maul wins. There's just too much circumstance around Infil'a's victory over Vader to actually give the Jedi Master any real parity with Vader as a combatant, and without that, he's virtually featless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.