Thor vs The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's remove all of the humans from this team. Since Aquaman have near human stats, let's remove him and Black Canary as well. What 5 people here can Thor pull a majority against.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-de04e3f9ce6b582b852cf0fe98b757ed

DarkSaint85
Full Capacity?

carver9
Fighting in character.

DarkSaint85
Yes but not my question.

Is the forum rule of full capacity in effect?

Edit:. Your answer leads me to suspect you still don't understand the full capacity/in character rules. They're not one or the other lmao.

Anyway:

Thor can get the majority against these 5 non humans, even if they go full capacity (sticking to their character).

Red Tornado (android)
Hawkman (Thanagarian)
Hawkgirl (Thanagarian)
Tempest (Atlantean)
Donna Troy (Amazonian)
Bonus: Mr Miracle (New God; assuming he's not true form as they very rarely do that).

Damborgson

Damborgson
Wait, remove the humans ?

You mean characters who are basically human stats or are you getting rid of Hal ?

ShadowFyre
A little confusing I have to agree. And no one has done it yet, but quite a few people are gonna come in this thread using full capacity JLA and a low capacity Thor.

Also I am assuming that full capacity is to the best of his abilities but still in character? I know there was a whole thread about it somewhere. I'm gonna have to read that first.

DarkSaint85
Yeah.

So here's my thinking.

Let's not beat around the bush, and use....Superman. He's got superspeed.

Full Capacity:. He'll use his speed to not get hit, punch, kick, use his powers. In Character:. He's NOT using that speed to bite his opponent's face off, even though he has the powerset and power levels to do so.

Thor, with full capacity, will summon storms and throw Mjolnir etc. He's NOT summoning a storm inside your belly, or controlling the water in your blood etc. Silver Surfer ISN'T cloning himself into multiples, with one Surfer using Cosmic Awareness to divine your weakness, one Surfer clone commanding his board to fly into the back of your head at a million times C, whilst another clone rips you apart on the astral plane, whilst another transmutes you into a tree, whilst another opens black holes in your eyes, etc etc etc.

Its perfectly possible to debate a character operating at full capacity, without suddenly turning it into a BZ where YOUR persona is in charge ("If I had Surfer's powers, this is what I'd do....."wink.

ShadowFyre
Right, and I absolutely do like the cbr style, but as far as I am concerned that's a more my imagination vs. your imagination thing and super fun but it can't be applicated to the characters themselves. Because then people like Philo would be killing Hulk's with Spiderman's which is an exaggeration but you know what I mean.

And unfortunately, authors just portray my boy in shitty mannerisms. They have no imagination or really even common sense because most Marvel characters fall right back to punching, I'm sure DC does as well but not to the extent Marvel takes it.

DarkSaint85
Why Phil was your go to for imaginative posters and not me, has earned you a report to the mods for low-balllingthumb up

But yeah, we don't have that style of argument here. It's knowing how far your character will go in the use of their powers and abilities.

Batman vs Killer Croc, he's not going to shove C4 down Waylon's throat....even though he's perfectly capable of doing so.

Carv and others have the idea that full capacity is irreconcilable with in character, but that betrays a misunderstanding of the rules and the characters themselves.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Right, and I absolutely do like the cbr style, but as far as I am concerned that's a more my imagination vs. your imagination thing and super fun but it can't be applicated to the characters themselves. Because then people like Philo would be killing Hulk's with Spiderman's which is an exaggeration but you know what I mean.

And unfortunately, authors just portray my boy in shitty mannerisms. They have no imagination or really even common sense because most Marvel characters fall right back to punching, I'm sure DC does as well but not to the extent Marvel takes it.

With the edit:

Well, it's in keeping with Thor's character. Even ignoring the recent depictions of him as some kind of idiot, he's always been more of a brawler, especially with the hammer. That's NOT saying he wouldn't fire off energy blasts every so often, but he DOES like the warrior's fight, face to face, strength and skills vs strength and skill.

ShadowFyre
Absolutely, he is a viking God per se, and I would accept nothing less than an in your face, physical, warrior attitude, but they should definitely portray his actual skill. In a fight with the Hulk, he should be able to literally dance around him and just completely work his ass if he has thousands of years of weapons training and battles under his belt.

Ragnarok portrayed it best, not even the winner part, just the skill part

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Wait, remove the humans ?

You mean characters who are basically human stats or are you getting rid of Hal ?

People without powers. They serve no purpose here.

carver9
Every character in that attachment loves the face to face, fist to fist style of fighting. Not just Thor. Dont know what Dark is talking about which is the reason I do not have this type of discussion with him. Hes inconsistent.

ShadowFyre
So you sincerely think that authors write characters to the best of their actual abilities? They barely write bricks to the best of their abilities.

And I am the one that said DC authors use their characters abilities.

I don't even necessarily think Thor can beat versions of Hulk's but they should still show the skill difference, that would even make Hulks strength look that much more superior.

DarkSaint85
How am I inconsistent?

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes but not my question.

Edit:. Your answer leads me to suspect you still don't understand the full capacity/in character rules. They're not one or the other lmao.

Anyway:

Thor can get the majority against these 5 non humans, even if they go full capacity (sticking to their character).

Red Tornado (android)
Hawkman (Thanagarian)
Hawkgirl (Thanagarian)
Tempest (Atlantean)
Donna Troy (Amazonian)
Bonus: Mr Miracle (New God; assuming he's not true form as they very rarely do that).

there's no way in hell Thor can beat that team, Donna Troy and Tempest alone would give him hell, hawkgirl and hawkman are fodders but Red Tornado legit poses a threat.
How useful Mr Mircale is depends on if he gets the boom sphere. I'm honestly not familiar with him at all and dunno his pre-52 n52 difference.
But this team basically equals a weaker avengers lineup.

what kind of retarded derpy statement is this? Aquaman has near human stats? We've seen him lifting objects over hundreds of thousand tons

Sin I AM
Why post a picture of a huge JL roster then take away half the line-ups?

Zatanna, Atom, RT any non Hal Lantern, Marvel as well if he goes all out

BrolyBlack
Thor has no power left.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by MrMind
there's no way in hell Thor can beat that team, Donna Troy and Tempest alone would give him hell, hawkgirl and hawkman are fodders but Red Tornado legit poses a threat.
How useful Mr Mircale is depends on if he gets the boom sphere. I'm honestly not familiar with him at all and dunno his pre-52 n52 difference.

what kind of retarded derpy statement is this? Aquaman has near human stats? We've seen him lifting objects over hundreds of thousand tons

He didn't mean at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be one on one matches.

Sin I AM

Not a team. Five individuals

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Let's remove all of the humans from this team. Since Aquaman have near human stats, let's remove him and Black Canary as well. What 5 people here can Thor pull a majority against.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-de04e3f9ce6b582b852cf0fe98b757ed

Donna Troy can possibly.
She has the speed and sword. But not sure she kills.

DarkSaint85
Yah I thought it was one on one.....

ShadowFyre
It has to be, there is no way Carver thinks Thor could fight that many different individuals, even if they were well below him there is to many different kinds of abilities that one being wouldn't have the defense against.

MrMind
I'm still baffled Carver thinks Aquaman is near human stats

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Why post a picture of a huge JL roster then take away half the line-ups?

Zatanna, Atom, RT any non Hal Lantern, Marvel as well if he goes all out

Zatanna and Thor is a quickdraw scenerio, consider how slow Thor is Zatanna can most likely cast out a spell before Thor hits her

Zatanna 8/10

Billy and Thor is 50/50 if we are using current Thor and Pre52 Billy

MrMind
If we are talking about 1on 1. it's easier to name the people that can beat thor than the other way around from that pic
because most people would lose to Thor in that pic

The ones I see pull majority against Thor are
Superman, Flash, Hal, Captain Atom, Zatanna, Phantom Stranger, Dr Fate

The ones I see 50/50
Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman,

StiltmanFTW
Since Aquaman have near human stats, let's remove him

I love you.

-Pr-

You ****ing what?

carver9
He didn't mean at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be one on one matches.

Yes. Lol. One on one.

DarkSaint85
The fact he's lumped him in with Black Canary lmao

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You ****ing what?

laughing out loud

MrMind
Yes. Lol. One on one.

then why mention 5 people in the OP, there are more than 5 people here odinson can pull majority against even if we don't include the meta or street levelers

and your OP wording is terrible, you said humans, yet Zatanna, Hal etc are humans who are immensly powerful

so you change your stance later to people without powers

People without powers. They serve no purpose here.

what you really should say is meta or street tiers

terrible thread

carver9
thumb up Glad you get it now.

MrMind
1. thread title is Thor vs JLA
2. original post is FIVE people Thor can beat

psych! It's actually one on one guys

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Yes but not my question.

Anyway:

Red Tornado (android)
Hawkman (Thanagarian)
Hawkgirl (Thanagarian)
Tempest (Atlantean)
Donna Troy (Amazonian)

Well my post still stands thumb up

StiltmanFTW
then why mention 5 people in the OP, there are more than 5 people here odinson can pull majority against even if we don't include the meta or street levelers

and your OP wording is terrible, you said humans, yet Zatanna, Hal etc are humans who are immensly powerful

so you change your stance later to people without powers

what you really should say is meta or street tiers

terrible thread

Be nice to carv.

Without him, KMC wouldn't exist. He's our life energy, our chi, our midichlorians.

He's the sperm of Raz.

Sin I AM
I'm still baffled Carver thinks Aquaman is near human stats

Zatanna and Thor is a quickdraw scenerio, consider how slow Thor is Zatanna can most likely cast out a spell before Thor hits her

Zatanna 8/10

Billy and Thor is 50/50 if we are using current Thor and Pre52 Billy

Imo he beats Z only because I'm weighing heavily on MJ and I think he'd no sell her initial attacks.

Billy is meh. A shadow of his former self

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

He's the sperm of Raz.

https://i.imgur.com/ufRGHNd.gif

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Yes. This is Carver Nine.

carver9
1. thread title is Thor vs JLA
2. original post is FIVE people Thor can beat

psych! It's actually one on one guys

laughing out loud

Lol... but how did Darksaint get it but you didnt? Intellectual difference I guess. Thumbs up Saints.

DarkSaint85
Keep your thumbs away from me thumb up

carver9
Be nice to carv.

Without him, KMC wouldn't exist. He's our life energy, our chi, our midichlorians.

He's the sperm of Raz.

Lol... wonder if this is true. I asked Bada to ban me for Christmas AND for the 26th as a Christmas gift for the DC forum. He said he would but sh**, I was still a active member.

StiltmanFTW
Bada would cease to exist, too.

He couldn't risk banning you.

StiltmanFTW
Keep your thumbs away from me thumb up

Mr. Nine never asks for permission...

carver9
Darksaint love my thumbs, dont know why he is neglecting them right now. Accept my compliment mad

MrMind
Lol... but how did Darksaint get it but you didnt? Intellectual difference I guess. Thumbs up Saints.

Women are going crazy over my new pic I posted today Carver. I have been trying to pull you for years. Last time, you said you would date a lesbian before me. Can I pull you?

https://i.imgur.com/9eks9Sc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tpBvv9x.jpg

I know I'm going to get bashed by the guys here but I am going to take the right picture until I can make you roll into these MrMind's arms.

Please do not focus on the green cum rag in the back

carver9
Wait, did you save my pictures laughing out loud?

Do you save all of my pics? I'll be back with my twitter acct info so that you can see all of my photos. This is beyond sweet. I feel like I'm being stalked.

MrMind
your sexiness inspire me carv

https://media1.giphy.com/media/6w4QMdUSaiQqGQRQGJ/giphy.gif

carver9
I guess that's how the internet work. Lol... I posted that picture and moments later it was deleted and people still saved it. I'm beyond terrified. I've never saved a guy photo before and the crazy thing is, I didnt even notice the rag in the back which means you was spectating the hell out of my photo. I'm creeped out but I still love ya bro.

StiltmanFTW
Phil even made custom edits of it, focusing on your lips and rotating them.

Philosophía
Why Phil was your go to for imaginative posters and not me, has earned you a report to the mods for low-balllingthumb up Implausible plans in tourneys =/= imaginative.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b8dbbd9895eef8304085ba13149086c6/tenor.gif

Yes but not my question.

Edit:. Your answer leads me to suspect you still don't understand the full capacity/in character rules. They're not one or the other lmao. Carver has been here for 15 years and hasn't surpassed his condition.

Do you really think you can nurture him into knowledge, when nature has been so harsh?

MrMind

man if my ex had carver's DSLs I would never leave her

carver9

Lol... I seen it. Extremely creepy.

Philosophía
You're the Tobias Beecher to my Vern Schillinger.

Darksaint is Chris Keller.

DarkSaint85
From Google:

Chris Keller (also known as Harry Johnson) was a musician from Tree Hill who noticed Haley James Scott's talent and helped her at the start of her music career. Chris wasn't well liked by many of his peers such as Nathan Scott, Lucas Scott and Brooke Davis due to his arrogance and his way of interfering in their lives.

Sounds about right

Sin I AM
Didn't Aquaman get a push recently?

ShadowFyre
Are those pics of Carver? That is not what I was expecting. I'm comfortable enough in my straightness to say your a pretty good looking dude my man. And if your not getting pussy or dick or whatever it is you like, it's not cause of how you look

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Didn't Aquaman get a push recently?

He did a few years back, but he has always been quite a bit above human in stats, just being able to swim to the bottom of the ocean would put someone's strength and durability pretty far into the superhuman range

StiltmanFTW
Are those pics of Carver?

Yes, he posted them himself.

You missed quite a party. Internet broke on that day.

ShadowFyre
I remember people talking about them, I just never really cared.

Put your laptop down and go get some ass Carver, make sure you tell her/him that you are the dominant male on this site.

Make it a point to act like you have to periodically get on here and give us life advice and that if you don't check in randomly Darksaint and Stilt will undermine your Alpha

DarkSaint85

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.