Current Wrecker vs. Dr. Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
big grin

carver9
Wrecker. He treated Strange like fodder.

Senor Cage
Fate. If it's Kent, then it's a stomp. Kent/Nabu is way beyond Strange.

Sin I AM
Strange is up and down. He may have lost something when he agreed to save his hands. I don't buy him losing to wrecker that easily with a depowerment. Going with fate

carver9
SIGH!!!

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Strange is up and down. He may have lost something when he agreed to save his hands. I don't buy him losing to wrecker that easily with a depowerment. Going with fate

Yeah, Strange isn't in current Fate's level.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
SIGH!!!

What are you sighing for? Voice your opinion

carver9
FATE is up and down. You act like people stay on consistent levels throughout comics. You dont apply the same rules to DC characters. You always spout the same things on Marvel characters. "He have up and downs. Hes all hype". Like, can you have consistency with your posts? You're consistently applying the same statements in all of your debates but you're NOT sharing the same love for these characters. What level is Fate ALWAYS, CONSISTENTLY being portrayed as? Please provide scans.

DarkSaint85
...the Wrecker is also up and down though.

carver9
This Wrecker is amped. Did you read the comic?

Sin I AM
FATE is up and down. You act like people stay on consistent levels throughout comics. You dont apply the same rules to DC characters. You always spout the same things on Marvel characters. "He have up and downs. Hes all hype". Like, can you have consistency with your posts? You're consistently applying the same statements in all of your debates but you're NOT sharing the same love for these characters. What level is Fate ALWAYS, CONSISTENTLY being portrayed as? Please provide scans.

I favor Marvel characters moreso than DC, so if anything I'm more biased towards Marvel. My argument is that Strange is all over the place power-wise recently. I've read all his appearances.. he's transmuting realms in one instance and getting wrecked (pun intended) by wrecker and second-hand Villians in others (he needed help from Jane Foster Valkyrie which was terrible). He isn't using his savvy and seems cockier (more like Tony) than Strange of old. Which is why I think he was depowered/exhausted somehow when he got his hands restored. Maybe his hands don't truly belong to him or some other plot twist.

Also characters generally do stay on a relative power level going slightly up and down based on plot or circumstances. Strange has went wildly left and right from barely casting soell to some legit cheese feats.

Fate. I always assume it's Nelson Senior ( who is on par with classic Strange) unless otherwise stated, which is a stomp. The current Fate iirc is Nabu iirc so he also outclasses Wrecker. If it's the last human hosted Fate, Khalid, it's more of a fight since the kid wasn't really up to the task (but he'd still beat Wrecker in a feat war).

Hope that clears things up for you sport.

Senor Cage
Fate owned Phantom Stranger not too long ago. Constantine stated that there are only a handful of beings that can challenge/beat Phantom Stranger, and Fate was one of them. Fate owns.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Fate owned Phantom Stranger not too long ago. Constantine stated that there are only a handful of beings that can challenge/beat Phantom Stranger, and Fate was one of them. Fate owns.

Issue? Was it in JLD? Fate is pretty Uber though, I always seen him as having more in common with Ghost Rider than Strange because when Zarathos/Nabu take over it's a wrap for the competition.

cdtm
Unlike Strange, Fate is physically high herald. He could punch Wanker out.

cdtm
Issue? Was it in JLD? Fate is pretty Uber though, I always seen him as having more in common with Ghost Rider than Strange because when Zarathos/Nabu take over it's a wrap for the competition.

Inza was a total noob, and didn't have Nabu for guidance, yet she took down Lords of Order and Chaos by the droves.

Any other Fate will naturally be even more formidable.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Inza was a total noob, and didn't have Nabu for guidance, yet she took down Lords of Order and Chaos by the droves.

Any other Fate will naturally be even more formidable.

Um... ok?

cdtm
Um... ok?

Lords of Order and Chaos have shattered dimensions, and bossed Spectre around. Nabu himself held off Spectre in Day of Vengeance.

Fate is above Wreckers pay grade, even Iron Fist was able to make it a struggle.

Sin I AM
Lords of Order and Chaos have shattered dimensions, and bossed Spectre around. Nabu himself held off Spectre in Day of Vengeance.

Fate is above Wreckers pay grade, even Iron Fist was able to make it a struggle.

I'm so confused

StiltmanFTW
Cdtm loves his fanfiction.

Senor Cage

Yes, JLD. Other kind arc

cdtm
Inza was Kent Nelson's wife. Kent's the guy who played Doctor Fate, until they replaced him with other characters in the 90's, like Hector Hall (Hawkman's kid).

So Inza was basically the first replacement, filling in for her husband Kent.

And she didn't have the help Kent did, because Nabu, who used to live in the helmet as Kent's personal "Obi Wan Kenobi", wasn't living in the helmet anymore. Instead, he was reincarnated as an old man, and enjoying all the things humans took for granted like emotions, sleeping in, eating too many nachos, and being a generally funny retiree.

So Inza became Fate in place of her husband, and on her first day she gets in a fight with a Lord of Order trying to put her in her place, and beats him down.

She does the same thing to other Lords of Order/Chaos.

She also decides to use her magic to fix things, like remaking entire run down slums, making street lights work, fixing people's problems. Picture Aladdin's genie. That's what she decides to do with her time, only for the entire world instead of just one person.

It's actually a really good story.

But the main point is, a total nobody with nothing but the helmet she got from her husband became a major force against god like beings. I think it goes without saying, Wrecker would lose pretty badly to Kent Nelson, Hector Hall, Nabu, or whoever is Fate currently.

Eon Blue
Thanos invades this thread and wins.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Yes, JLD. Other kind arc

Got it I will re-read.

Inza was Kent Nelson's wife. Kent's the guy who played Doctor Fate, until they replaced him with other characters in the 90's, like Hector Hall (Hawkman's kid).

And she didn't have the help Kent did, because Nabu, who used to live in the helmet as Kent's personal "Obi Wan Kenobi", wasn't living in the helmet anymore. Instead, he was reincarnated as an old man, and enjoying all the things humans took for granted like emotions, sleeping in, eating too many nachos, and being a generally funny retiree.

So Inza became Fate in place of her husband, and on her first day she gets in a fight with a Lord of Order trying to put her in her place, and beats him down.

She also decides to use her magic to fix things, like remaking entire run down slums, making street lights work, fixing people's problems. Picture Aladdin's genie. That's what she decides to do with her time, only for the entire world instead of just one person.

But the main point is, a total nobody with nothing but the helmet she got from her husband became a major force against god like beings. I think it goes without saying, Wrecker would lose pretty badly to Kent Nelson, Hector Hall, Nabu, or whoever is Fate currently.

Oh ok.

Senor Cage
Got it I will re-read.

Oh ok.

Really good issue.

https://i.imgur.com/Hl5otS5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HHgHCur.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JAHdSxi.jpg

Senor Cage
Wrecker gets wrecked.

Sin I AM
JFC... that's awesome, no human host correct? And the casualness of the way he dispatched John and how ST ran. Cool feat.

Stoic
Fate wins. No contest.

ShadowFyre
I thought Fate was pretty far into the superhuman range even without magic? I mean, even if he doesn't cast an actual spell he can pretty much go blow for blow with him? I just skimmed the Wrecker/Strange scans though. I'm guessing he got amped.

ShadowFyre
That was kinda hard to read. Upgrade or not that was a pretty bad showing for Strange. You couldn't have teleported away, or the cape done something? I get it that it was a cheap shot but this guy is known for putting abstracts in their place. If the crowbar was negating his magic then that first blow probably should have killed him anyway. Regardless, I don't think Fate will go down like that

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm guessing he got amped.

It literally said so in the scans you skimmed stick out tongue

"I WRECK REALITY NOW!!!!!!!" durhulk

StiltmanFTW
this guy is known for putting abstracts in their place.

was*

That was several decades ago.

ShadowFyre
I know, I went and read it, but it seems like he still has to hit him to hurt him, hence why it was kinda weird that the cape didn't save him or anything.

Coming from a supervillains mouth "wrecking reality" could mean several things.

Because Strange was still able to cast a spell on him and it stuck to him. So he is not simply immune to magic, and it's not like he all the sudden showed any form of reality warping abilities as he still felt it necessary to drown Strange instead of using some cool new power .

So yeah, the only actual thing he did new was be able to break out of Stranges spell, which is super impressive, oh and he summoned the demons that flayed the man's body I am assuming and grabbed Strange. I'm not saying these aren't all new abilities of the crowbar, but wrecking reality sounds like a bunch of hyperbole.

Kazenji
Wrecker. He treated Strange like fodder.

Only because he's gotten an upgrade from someone.

beatboks

So much wrong with what you said.

1. Inxa wasnt the first replacement of Kent Eric Straus was followed by Eric + Linda, then Linda Straus and then Inza

2. Inza didnt do it all her own
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZUkb8hahzU/VtP-0Z74uQI/AAAAAAAADks/PHRlNJN-NlM/s1600-Ic42/RCO006_w.jpg
A lord of Chaos replaced Nabu, its just free will is more chaotic and instead of control he nudged her

carver9
Originally posted by Kazenji
Only because he's gotten an upgrade from someone.

I mention that on page 1

StiltmanFTW
I know, I went and read it, but it seems like he still has to hit him to hurt him, hence why it was kinda weird that the cape didn't save him or anything.

Coming from a supervillains mouth "wrecking reality" could mean several things.

Because Strange was still able to cast a spell on him and it stuck to him. So he is not simply immune to magic, and it's not like he all the sudden showed any form of reality warping abilities as he still felt it necessary to drown Strange instead of using some cool new power .

So yeah, the only actual thing he did new was be able to break out of Stranges spell, which is super impressive, oh and he summoned the demons that flayed the man's body I am assuming and grabbed Strange. I'm not saying these aren't all new abilities of the crowbar, but wrecking reality sounds like a bunch of hyperbole.

Strange, Superman, Surfer are all brainless when it comes to fighting.

Did you know that Strange lost to Ghost... Stark's b-list villain, whose sole speciality is espionage and infiltration?

Guess why/how?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.