Green Lantern (2011 film) vs Apocalypse (Fox X-Men films)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
The superhero Green Lantern is facing off against the powerful villain Apocalypse in a fight to the death.

Battle Location: Western Desert of Egypt.

ShadowFyre
Hmmm despite what people think about the movie, GL was pretty damn powerful at the end.

Been awhile, but solely off of the final fight I would say GL, I think a pretty solid case could be made for Apoc though. I honestly don't know off the top of my head.

carthage
Apocalypse ragdolls him

riv6672

Eon Blue
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Hmmm despite what people think about the movie, GL was pretty damn powerful at the end.

Been awhile, but solely off of the final fight I would say GL, I think a pretty solid case could be made for Apoc though. I honestly don't know off the top of my head.

thumb up

Surtur
Green lantern hurls apocalypse into the sun

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

To be fair they were both pretty bad movies.

But yeah the acting makes Apocalypse not as bad as GL, (that would be hard) but still bad.

John Murdoch
If GL fights to his full capabilities, he demolishes Apocalypse. Isn't he able to fly at near lightspeed going off how quick he got to the sun with Parallax in tow at the climax of Green Lantern? So he has:
- Near lightspeed flight
- Super durability
- Super powerful light constructs

He could fly into Apoc at Reeve Superman/Captain Marvel flight speeds and turn him into mush, crush him with a giant light vice or hammer, or as Surt said toss him into the sun.

I don't know if Apoc could perform his transmutation & TK abilities on him like he did on the X-people. Merge him into a wall and such.

riv6672

KingD19
Apocalypses' force field withstood more damage than GL was shown producing. Also he can teleport and his TK far surpasses GL's construct.

riv6672

KingD19
What did Hal actively damage with his constructs that surpasses Phoenix Jean, no visor Cyclops, and full power Magneto and Storm all attacking him at once for a long period of time?

You need proof Apoc can teleport? Well he teleported...we see him do so. Unless you've got some proof GL constructs somehow negate teleportation.

As for his TK, he made a pyramid the size of a small city rather casually as well as dismantling a city with just as much ease.

riv6672
^^^Oh.

You could have just said your previous post was your opinion and saved a lot of unnecessary typing.

Surtur
Hal doesn't need raw firepower he just flies Apoc to the sun. GL's shields can survive the immense gravity, etc that occurs by being near the sun.

Apocalypse can...survive an optic blast and pieces of metal being hurled at him. His shield ain't holding up to the sun.

Silent Master
Can I get a list of what powers Apocalypse showed in the movie?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Silent Master
Can I get a list of what powers Apocalypse showed in the movie?

- saaaaand

- pretending to be Ivan Ooze and failing

- then pretending to be TAS Apoc and failing

- still being better than retarded Hal Jordan who was played by a moron and slips in the bathroom in the original material

Impediment
GL stomps.

WolvesofBabylon
GL wins this.

BrolyBlack
GL had zero feats that surpasses Apoc.

kevdude
Apocalypse takes him down

Adam Grimes
Hal hurls him into the sun.

KingD19
And then he teleports back?

Also Apoc has better tk feats.

Adam Grimes
Do you have clips of Apoc teleporting such large distances? Surviving in space even?

KingD19
They didnt give us a distance, we only know he was teleporting all over the planet with no problems so it's at least planetary. But you also seem to think that starting on Earth, Hal can overpower his tk and all his other powers and then drag him 92 million miles to the Sun before he reacts.

kevdude
Hal never slung anyone to the sun, and if he tried, I'm sure Apoc would just teleport right back within a few seconds...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.