Hercules (Marvel) vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

lawest9
If this is strictly h2h then I'll say 5/10 for both.

MrMind
WW 9/10

h1a8
WW

DarkSaint85
Wonder Woman.

zopzop
WW 10/10.

Adam Grimes
Diana.

Damborgson
He's going to get sliced up, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Poor guy, it would be much better in hand to hand.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
He's going to get sliced up, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Poor guy, it would be much better in hand to hand. thumb up

H2h, equalize speed, and this would be a good match. Then again, we saw this in JLA/Avengers.

deathslash

Philosophía
Originally posted by deathslash
in JLA/Avengers wasn't she trying harder than normal? I vaguely recall her attacking him while thinking that he was the same as her version of Hercules.

Either way, he has no chance in this fight. Take away weapons and equalize speed at then it becomes a fight. Something like that, here's the full fight. She ends up having him in a rear-naked choke that he can't break free of.

https://i.ibb.co/H2VS0tk/Y29g-G-EYFeix-Bq-A7-TFJht-Z5z1-STbd-Uv66p-ZWq-Udsdb-Jl-TDUl-HPk-Ynhj-Wlbn1g4-Py-Fr-UYKYPMP-s1600.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/BPyqJTc/b7784-Cx-Y5f-JNbg0ks-Y1q-J6-O4-Cn-WA81-Wazn-VV-u7-O9p1xegr-Vd-Rcg5-Sm-A-Knz-Rd7xh-Lpv-KIYt-YIs-Q-s1600.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/5LPNS8B/Vv-Vy-WKr0q-CARGA6t-wwc63r-DMf-X1-ASk-Rrn-Q3x-KJYWQTrnx1-Y-QKGl-Yj-EIVO3-KEy-XNrw-T-qea-Sdep-s1600.jpg

Delta1938

zopzop
@Philo and Delta
Wasn't Hercules at half power or something at this point in his history? Didn't Rage post a scan proving this?

Delta1938
Originally posted by zopzop
@Philo and Delta
Wasn't Hercules at half power or something at this point in his history? Didn't Rage post a scan proving this?

Dunno. I don't recall mention of him being weakened, so whether he was or not in regular comics, it's hard to tell if the writer intended it.

zopzop
Originally posted by Delta1938
Dunno. I don't recall mention of him being weakened, so whether he was or not in regular comics, it's hard to tell if the writer intended it.
I VAGUELY remember the scan, it was Herc stating that he wasn't at 100% then immediately the events of JLA/Avengers took place.

zopzop
To anyone who still cares, this is the post I was referring to but the image is gone sad
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean she kicked his ass? She rushes him, they trade blows and we see one panel of her having him in a hold as Hercules tells the other Agardians to back off IIRC. Then we have another panel of him having her in a hold as Wasp blasts her in the face.

And if we want to nitpick about canon, that was a mortal Hercules going toe to toe with Diana:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/196/njko.jpg

Scan?

Not that a handbook is conclusive of anything. I've seen the Marvel vs. Capcom game referenced in handbooks. Probably worse if I dig.

Philosophía
It was normal Hercules.

Trust me, I'd certainly love to argue Superman beat Thor when he had the Odin Force , but I wanna be reasonable. They were all presented as the most recognizable, classic versions.

Delta1938
To anyone who still cares, this is the post I was referring to but the image is gone sad

So he used the Handbook without actually seeing a scan from a regular comic and said it definitively?

StiltmanFTW
So he used the Handbook without actually seeing a scan from a regular comic and said it definitively?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=14405270#post14405270

StiltmanFTW

Philosophía
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thorbags always loved to make excuses for Herc.

Him being mortal was the most common one. Kurt Busiek specifically thinks Wonder Woman is possibly stronger than Hercules due to her mythos, when asked of this fight, and cited her presentation of "More beautiful than Aphrodite, wiser than Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules"

Delta1938
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=14405270#post14405270

Well seeing the actual post changes things. laughing So I guess he did post something but the scan is gone now.

Thorbags always loved to make excuses for Herc.

Him being mortal was the most common one.

The implications are terrible for Thorbags. Makes it hard to argue Thor winning against Superman in strictly H2H. Or even WW.

Delta1938

zopzop

abhilegend
Kurt Busiek made Hercules match Thor without any issues in his Avengers run.

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Avengers-1998/Issue-3?id=13368

If he was any weaker, it wasn't shown.

Philosophía
According to canon though it WAS mortal Hercules. But even "mortal" Hercules has gone up against Hulk, Count Nefaria, etc..

Check out the thread here. Olympian posted the scan Rage did but again, stupid @$$ imageshack deleted it. It's discussed in detail. The imageshack scan in that page is of Hercules and WW, based on its name? Either way, I haven't seen it.

I'll maybe check this stuff when I get home but,eh like abhi said .. tomato tomato.

StiltmanFTW
Well seeing the actual post changes things. laughing So I guess he did post something but the scan is gone now.

Always click on the post link to see the actual post, yes.

Without context, they often don't make any sense.

Not that any of Rage's posts ever made much sense, but still.

According to canon though it WAS mortal Hercules. But even "mortal" Hercules has gone up against Hulk, Count Nefaria, etc..

Check out the thread here. Olympian posted the scan Rage did but again, stupid @$$ imageshack deleted it. It's discussed in detail.

If I got a penny every time someone claimed Herc was in his *supposedly* depowered mortal state whenever he gets a low showing, I wouldn't have to work for the rest of my life.

Delta1938
Always click on the post link to see the actual post, yes.

Without context, they often don't make any sense.

Not that any of Rage's posts ever made much sense, but still.

Yes. On both counts.

Check out the thread here. Olympian posted the scan Rage did but again, stupid @$$ imageshack deleted it. It's discussed in detail.

If I got a penny every time someone claimed Herc was in his *supposedly* depowered mortal state whenever he gets a low showing, I wouldn't have to work for the rest of my life.

I've heard Mortal Hercules just doesn't have his immortality but otherwise is the same, at least usually. If someone is going to argue Hercules was mortal thus weaker, I'd like to see something concrete, or at least convincing, showing he is and what aspect instead of just falling back on "der Mortal Herc!!"

Also Zop, looking at the link and responses, Olympian did NOT post a scan to prove it was Mortal Hercules, but the later fight between Hercules and Wonder Woman. Which in context is not a good counter to the first fight.

StiltmanFTW
Depends on the incarnation.

Newer ones, he was clearly powerless, relying on his skill, weapons and rarely tapping into some of his old, godly power (somehow).

Classic, back then? It was vague as f*ck, people still argue when exactly the "mortal" phase of his career ended.

We can play this awful game with other characters, too. Plenty of comparably unclear power upgrades/depowerements happened over the years.

zopzop
Classic, back then? It was vague as f*ck, people still argue when exactly the "mortal" phase of his career ended.

But the scan Rage posted straight up said on panel he was depowered. Can anyone contact Rage and ask him to repost the scan?

StiltmanFTW
Rage is dead.

Thorbags are no more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.