Ricky Murdered Hollywood Last Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Eternal Idol
Who?

Surtur
Ricky Gervais hosted the golden globes last night.

His monologue roasted celebrities. And I don't mean in the normal ways, I mean "you would work for ISIS if they had a streaming service" type shit.

BrolyBlack
https://twitter.com/corneliast13th/status/1214038761258049537?s=21

laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Surtur
Ricky Gervais hosted the golden globes last night.

His monologue roasted celebrities. And I don't mean in the normal ways, I mean "you would work for ISIS if they had a streaming service" type shit.

Here is the opening

https://twitter.com/drmovienews1/status/1214052087555907584?s=21

Eternal Idol
Ah, ok. Not really interested in award shows. Might look up the celebrity roast later, though.

Surtur

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

Surtur

BrolyBlack

Surtur
Speaking of Greta I will give some props to Joaquin Phoenix. Apparently he dinged the celebs for whining about climate change while flying in private jets, etc.

Eternal Idol

Surtur
Prior to the awards Tim Allen(who presented an award) was asked which award he was presenting. His response? "Best human with a prostate".

LOL(he was presenting best actor)

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Slow down there, clown shoes. It's past 4:30am here, and I was about to go to bed until I saw you post a link. I did watch it, and it was funny. Nothing to get worked up about though. I'm surprised Tom Hanks looked as unamused as he did, but then again, he's veered away from comedy in his later years.

Telling me not to get worked up while you got worked up in the other thread about the church shooting...

Priceless

Surtur
He also made a joke about how he cancelled the in memoriam because there were too many people on it and it wasn't diverse enough.

It's one of those things where part of the humor is that you could totally see progressives doing that.

dadudemon

BrolyBlack
Before you say that watch this

ujX6-6gsoJU

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Before you say that watch this

ujX6-6gsoJU it's not controversial Broly mate, it's British humour.

Surtur

BrolyBlack

Raptor22
Loved it

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's not controversial Broly mate, it's British humour.

Bingo.

I don't think many Americans get British humor.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, it's true. "c*nt" isn't even that bad of a word in Britain. Their humor is very different, kind of like their silly lingo.. lol

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Robtard
Bingo.

I don't think many Americans get British humor.
OlfD_jwcp3I

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, it's true. "c*nt" isn't even that bad of a word in Britain. Their humor is very different, kind of like their silly lingo.. lol

The thing in 2016 with Ricky that snowflakes got triggered over was a joke about Bruce Jenner not him saying the c word. I wish you guys had been around then to tell them all it's just british humor. Better late than never thumb up

I'd also say some brits can struggle with humor themselves...getting triggered over a joke video of a dog doing a nazi salute and trying to jail the guy who did it and all that.

SquallX

Badabing
I am glad this was trending this morning or I would have never seen that glorious monologue.Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's not controversial Broly mate, it's British humour. I may have to reconsider my racist views on Brits now. mmm

Surtur
Originally posted by Badabing
I am glad this was trending this morning or I would have never seen that glorious monologue. I may have to reconsider my racist views on Brits now. mmm

No don't they still got triggered over a guy who, as a joke, trained his dog to do a nazi salute.

jaden_2.0
Couple of good ones in there. Seemed to repeat some old jokes though.

Don't know why people get upset over his golden globes stuff. His tour stuff is far more brutal.

Surtur
Probably cuz more people get exposed to the awards show.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Couple of good ones in there. Seemed to repeat some old jokes though.

Don't know why people get upset over his golden globes stuff. His tour stuff is far more brutal. I doubt many people were legitimately upset at Gervais, they know it's just comedy.

Just the usual Right-minded suspects taking an angry tweet here/there and blanketing the masses.

Surtur
I mean left wing media lives and thrives off "6 people tweeted some shit about trump" but okay.

Robtard
Your "no you!" retort is noted, if that's what you wanted.

Surtur
I thank you for noting my factual response thumb up

jaden_2.0
Noticed he's not quite brave enough to rip into his sex pest buddy Louis CK though.

Surtur
Given how many have shit on CK why would it be brave to add on?

Silent Master
Plus, he's commented on Louis in the past. why are you so mad that RG didn't comment on him again?

jaden_2.0
"mad"

Please link me to his stuff about Louis CK. I would like to see it.

Surtur

jaden_2.0

Because they're actually friends.

Surtur
It would be weird to bring up CK at the Golden Globes though, agreed? He's not as relevant as the other people Ricky joked about.

I actually think it would feel weird and forced if he did it there. Like the entire reason he did it would be to appease lunatics who think it should happen.

Robtard
No really, considering Louis CK has been nominated for GG awards and I think has won.

Surtur
Recently? Was he nominated this year or last year?

jaden_2.0
Why would it be weird?

Surtur
Why would it be weird?

Cuz...why? Ricky made jokes that are recently relevant and CK ain't that.

The college scandal, epstein, cats, etc.

CK is old news.

Silent Master
"mad"

Please link me to his stuff about Louis CK. I would like to see it.

google.com

Robtard
Recently? Was he nominated this year or last year? Googles says 2015, so yeah, eons ago.

Surtur
IF 2015 was eons ago we can at least say CK's transgressions happened untold millennia ago.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master
google.com

In other words he hasn't. 👍

Robtard
IF 2015 was eons ago we can at least say CK's transgressions happened untold millennia ago.

Just remember, if something is over four years old, it's irrelevant and shouldn't matter or be discussed. Cool, will remember that going forward.

Surtur
All the people he dissed were still relevant with ongoing shit happening.

CK is just...meh, somebody some whine about.

Surtur
Just remember, if something is over four years old, it's irrelevant and shouldn't matter or be discussed. Cool, will remember that going forward.

It was a joke. Point is Ricky was joking about stuff relevant to 2020.

CK is not relevant to 2020.

Silent Master
In other words he hasn't. 👍

Sure he has, but if you're too lazy to use google. believe whatever you need to.

jaden_2.0
Sure he has, but if you're too lazy to use google. believe whatever you need to.

Makes a claim, wants other people to prove it.

Who's too lazy?

Robtard

Who's too lazy?

He's trying to time-waster-troll you, new year, same SM.

Silent Master
You are, I found it by using google. if you want to see his comments then you can do the same.

This isn't a debate, thus I have no "burden of proof" to meet.

jaden_2.0
You are, I found it by using google.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_u2YqAXEAAwFGd.jpg

Silent Master
roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire

Well it was last decade.

Surtur
WaPo had a "we totally don't care about this" article. Spoiler alert: they care.

Mary Sue had this gem:

Do Trump Fans Even Realize Their New Hero, Ricky Gervais, Hates Him?

Oh the butthurt is STRONG here. I don't think trump fans even contemplated this guys political leanings I just think they heard something they agreed with and cheered him on for saying that. It's the progressives that usually make sure someone is of the right political persuasion before deciding if they agree with them. And in the rare times they do agree with the other side there is the diss compliment. The diss compliment is when you're so psychotic you can't ever agree with someone on the other side of the aisle without also throwing shade.

Notice there isn't much of that with Ricky and conservatives? No "well I don't agree with his politics buuuuuuut"

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/mgBNaw6.jpg

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/267/319/860.jpeg

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Just the usual Right-minded suspects taking an angry tweet here/there and blanketing the masses.

At first I was going to disagree.

But then I thought about it some more and I think you're right (lol, pun). The people buttmad over this are just a handful of crazy lefties.

cdtm
Another question is, why would outlets like the Washington Post have a problem with anyone taking jabs at Disney?

Or hell at Hollywood? Democrats know full well Hollywood is evil. Since when has voting as a Democrat, been an "out" with other Democrats. So, if Walmart voted Democrat, they'd never criticize Walmart?

dadudemon

Who's too lazy?

It's 2020: don't ask people to look up stuff you can find in less than 15 seconds.

The "citation needed" thing is a very old and outdated internet troll game. It started back in the day when webcrawlers didn't produce very reliable search results.

If someone makes an easily verifiable claim or disprovable claim, look it up. Don't ask them to look it up.

So I looked it up and I cannot find a single instance of Ricki Gervais roasting Louis CK for Louis CK's inappropriate behavior in that hotel room.

Silent Master: citation needed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's not controversial Broly mate, it's British humour.

God bless the British.

I had no idea who Ricky Gervais was before reading this post. Now that I know, I'm more curious why he provoked comment from media outlets at all. It's literally their job to be informed, so they should know Ricky's style of roasting, and should have known what they were getting from him.

I can only imagine how ridiculous these reactions to his performance look to non American's.

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's 2020: don't ask people to look up stuff you can find in less than 15 seconds.

The "citation needed" thing is a very old and outdated internet troll game. It started back in the day when webcrawlers didn't produce very reliable search results.

If someone makes an easily verifiable claim or disprovable claim, look it up. Don't ask them to look it up.

So I looked it up and I cannot find a single instance of Ricki Gervais roasting Louis CK for Louis CK's inappropriate behavior in that hotel room.

No problem, I PM'd you the link and quote.

jaden_2.0
Seems the perpetually offended brigade aren't the only ones who don't seem to understand when Ricky says

jaden_2.0

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/023/180/notsurprisedkirk.jpg

dadudemon
No problem, I PM'd you the link and quote.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/023/180/notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Can confirm: clear source with description of the roasting. SM wasn't lying.

Raptor22
Seems the perpetually offended brigade aren't the only ones who don't seem to understand when Ricky says there will always be people within basically any group that understand jokes are jokes and entertainment is entertainment until the negativity is directed at their group. Then it becomes "thats not funny, its not something to joke about".

I mean jokes are jokes i guess until neil gaiman gives god a womans voice, then its not funny, its petition time.

"Its signatories claimed that the show "mocks God's wisdom" by presenting "devils and Satanists as normal and even good." Among their complaints: The angel and demon are friends, the show features "satanic nuns" and God is voiced by a woman."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1510453001

Or jokes are jokes until some Brazilians make jesus gay. Then its fire bomb their studio, and another petition signed by millions this time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1YT0KM

"Molotov cocktails were thrown at the headquarters of Brazilian comedy group Porta dos Fundos in Rio de Janeiro on Christmas Eve, weeks after the group launched a film on Netflix depicting Jesus as gay."

jaden_2.0
Can confirm: clear source with description of the roasting. SM wasn't lying.

Amazing there's 2 people who won't post it.

dadudemon
Amazing there's 2 people who won't post it.

It's a troll game you two are playing with each other. I won't participate.

I'm not googling it at work, either. That's not something you want to be seen googling at work.

jaden_2.0
you two .

Yes. You two indeed.

dadudemon
Yes. You two indeed.

No you.

SquallX

Surtur

Raptor22
@squall

Is there a dbl standard? Probably. Tho as far as the media goes i dont really pay enough attention to their opinions or which way any outlets lean to speak intelligently on that particular subject.

Whether or not the dbl standard is deserved is another question.

Surtur
Narrator: It's not deserved.

Raptor22
Narrator: It's not deserved. why not?

Surtur
Cuz f*ck all religions, sh*t on all or none.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raptor22
why not?

I can't think of a valid reason for a double standard, can you?

Raptor22
Cuz f*ck all religions, sh*t on all or none. oh i have no problem with shitting on everyone. Its kind of my thing.

My the question wasnt about whether its ok to shit on one but not the other. But whether or not there is a disproportionate amount of shitting that is being shat upon christians/catholics resulting in an unfair dbl standard.

Do they get shat upon more? Possibly. Have there/are there more of them that have done more shitty things? Yep

So if there are more of them, and they have done more shitty things, then doesnt them complaining about some shit taking dbl standard ring a bit hollow 2 u?

Surtur
They did shitty things but their prophet isn't a pedophile.

Like legit islamists still praise Muhammad. Do you find many Christians praising the "stone a motherf*cker if he works on sunday" shit? And if Jesus f*cked kids wouldn't it be weird to praise him?

Raptor22
They did shitty things but their prophet isn't a pedophile. no but their savior is a zombie who bangs hookers

Surtur
That hooker was thirsty as f*ck.

But yeah Muhammad f*cked kids and Jesus f*cked hookers and gave people fish. Plus Jesus didn't wanna torture and murder jews.

Silent Master
Do you have any peer reviewed studies to back up the claim that "there more of them that have done more shitty things"?

Surtur
"here i give u some fish via magic"

"here ima rape your child and murder any poets who disagree"

one of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same!

Raptor22
Do you have any peer reviewed studies to back up the claim that "there more of them that have done more shitty things"? google it. If u cant find anything, just keep looking. If u can prove to me that u put in an acceptable amount of effort, ill email some proof to another member to tell u i did.

Thats how grown ups do it.

Surtur
to be fair jesus raped their hunger.

Raptor22

Surtur
I mean Jesus was no pussy he just didn't f*ck kids and shit. He'd smite you or beat your ass with a belt if you were a b*tch about it.

Surtur
To be fair his dad totally makes Cthulhu look like a puppy

Raptor22
To be fair his dad totally makes Cthulhu look like a puppy u poor bastard. Didnt u know that mentioning jesus's dad in a fictional vs setting is blasphemy of the highest order.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=17054729&highlight=userid%3A115002#post17054729

Ill pray for your soul

Surtur
f*ck his dad

Silent Master
google it. If u cant find anything, just keep looking. If u can prove to me that u put in an acceptable amount of effort, ill email some proof to another member to tell u i did.

Thats how grown ups do it.

I did google it, no such studies exist. you were just making things up.

Raptor22
I did google it, no such studies exist. you were just making things up. u just need to look more. Keep searching

Silent Master
Don't need to.

BrolyBlack
u just need to look more. Keep searching

If you have proof to back your claim you would post it. Burden of proof is on you.

Raptor22
Don't need to. thats the spirit

dadudemon
oh i have no problem with shitting on everyone. Its kind of my thing.

Lol, scat fetishes.

dadudemon
I did google it, no such studies exist. you were just making things up.

Honestly, I don't even know what we are supposed to be googling. I don't quite understand his point well enough to be a solid search parameter down.

What am I googling?

Modern atrocities committed by the a-religious and the religious? Okay, Atheism wins by a landslide with the most atrocities committed in all of human history. Body count doesn't even come close to comparing. Is that what we are google searching?

Raptor22
Honestly, I don't even know what we are supposed to be googling. I don't quite understand his point well enough to be a solid search parameter down.

What am I googling?

Modern atrocities committed by the a-religious and the religious? Okay, Atheism wins by a landslide with the most atrocities committed in all of human history. Body count doesn't even come close to comparing. Is that what we are google searching? this- "there more of them that have done more shitty things"? is what he was questioning but its fairly irrelevant since

A. Hes a troll

2.He has no interest in an honest convo about the topic as evidence by his prior history and the fact hes only interested in "facts" from one side and has no apparent interest in any peer review studies to back squalls claim about dbl standards towards christians.

C.he has on several occasions both lied and refused to back claims hes made in discussions with me so he gets the same courtesy in return.

With that being said if u would like to discuss either your post or mine im game.

Ill start with a cpl questions to try to get on the same page

Are u comparing atheists as a whole to theists as a whole or atheists to a specific religeon?

Are u counting hitler as an atheist due to his behind closed doors statements or as a christian since thats the public face he used to gain power and inspire and manipulate his people to fight and to do the things they did?

If ur including hitler (or others of his ilk) as an atheists are u attributing all of the atrocities to him/them or do the beliefs of those carrying out the orders factor in?

Are your numbers going by atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, or atrocities commited by christians?

dadudemon
this- "there more of them that have done more shitty things"? is what he was questioning but its fairly irrelevant since

A. Hes a troll

2.He has no interest in an honest convo about the topic as evidence by his prior history and the fact hes only interested in "facts" from one side and has no apparent interest in any peer review studies to back squalls claim about dbl standards towards christians.

C.he has on several occasions both lied and refused to back claims hes made in discussions with me so he gets the same courtesy in return.

With that being said if u would like to discuss either your post or mine im game.

Ill start with a cpl questions to try to get on the same page

Are u comparing atheists as a whole to theists as a whole or atheists to a specific religeon?

Are u counting hitler as an atheist due to his behind closed doors statements or as a christian since thats the public face he used to gain power and inspire and manipulate his people to fight and to do the things they did?

If ur including hitler (or others of his ilk) as an atheists are u attributing all of the atrocities to him/them or do the beliefs of those carrying out the orders factor in?

Are your numbers going by atrocities committed in the name of Christianity, or atrocities commited by christians?

150 million dead from atheist leaders in the 20th century. Meaning, their specific belief system was part of why those 150 million people died.

It's a simple numbers problem since 150 million humans didn't even exist in, say, 2000 bce.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/world-population-by-year/

Meaning, it just was not possible to kill 150 million people within a 100 year time-span until modern history due to population requirements.

And Hitler was not a Christian - he was very anti-Christian. At worst, he was a secular theist, at best, he was a genuine atheist. His words become closer to atheism as he came into power. He used religion and God to help him gain power in a mostly Christian country (Germany) and he used religion as a tool to help him get that power. Just the same as American candidates do, today.

Hitlers views much more closely mirrored the iconoclastic ideals of the atheistic Bolsheviks than any sort of theistic religion, especially when discussed in private.

Mass Killings under atheistic communism are at about ~150-~250 million and that does not include the wars:

https://democraticpeace.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/reevaluating-chinas-democide-to-73000000/

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM

RationalWiki likes to throw around huge numbers, numbering in the tens of millions, for Christian bodycounts. That's absurd. They say stupid shit like 1 million Nordic people killed to purge the polytheists for the budding Christian faith. one million, eh? We know by world population estimates that this would represent genocide of multiple peoples, not just a fractional extermination of just a few Nords.

rudester
Whos ricky

Raptor22

dadudemon
Not sure where the 100 year time frame came from tbh.

Late Modern History + Contemporary History began around the start of the 20th Century. The true rise of modern history and technology is the post industrial period. When we started understanding electricity and the atom, we entered why I deem the True Modern History. Contemporary History started in 1945 but that's not a good start, IMO. A better start is when we started developing modern models of the atom and harnessing electricity for power which is around the turn of the 20th Century. 1905, Einsteins Special Theory of Relativity is also a true moment in science that brought us into the True Modern History.

When atheist political systems started taking over countries (rise of the Bolsheviks) compared to the religious atrocities in the same century: both had some "fun" with the body counts.

Christianity matured quite a bit after the Renaissance: body counts sharply dropped. Atheism hit its peak of human atrocities in the 20th Century and continues into the 21st Century with only Islam being able to match it. The 20th Century is also considered Modern History.

Communistic Atheism = the most evil thing we have ever done in human history. Body count is the highest of anything we have to reference in all of history.

People still use religion to do terrible things so I agree with all those other points you were making.

Patient_Leech
I watched like a 10-minute montage of Gervais's comedy from the Globes on YouTube and it was awesome. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.