Yoda vs TRoS Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Yoda at his peak, vs Palps. Who owns?

relentless1
Sidious. Last time I checked Yoda didn't have all the Jedi...

Emmy Evangeline
Yoda

Psychotron
Yoda was equal to ROTS Sidious. Why do you think Yoda stands a chance against a grossly amped Sidious?

Darth Thor
Yeah Dumb thread

Eon Blue

Darth Thor
Palpatine said it himself. And theres no reason not to believe him given what he did and what it took to defeat him.

Snoke was a joke. I doubt he could even take Darth Maul.

StiltmanFTW
Maul?

I doubt Snoke could beat a single Stormtrooper or a Tusken Raider.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Maul?

I doubt Snoke could beat a single Stormtrooper or a Tusken Raider.

laughing out loud

Actually he did need those Praetorian guards to protect him hmm

Guy was basically a cripple.

Emmy Evangeline
Yoda should of beat him. His offense was more encroaching than Sidious. Sidious kept playing distance. Then he just threw shit at him. Yoda needed on more strike to kill him but landed wrong in the Senate

Eon Blue
I hung on to every word Snoke said in every film. He gave an aura of menace and dark power. Simply Eon Magic, teehee!!

While Yoda was an insect-like-man, he was very powerful.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
Yoda should of beat him. His offense was more encroaching than Sidious. Sidious kept playing distance. Then he just threw shit at him. Yoda needed on more strike to kill him but landed wrong in the Senate

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I hung on to every word Snoke said in every film. He gave an aura of menace and dark power. Simply Eon Magic, teehee!!

None of that will help Him In A fight.

The guy was a cripple with no Saber.

Kylo killed him easily.

Emmy Evangeline
Well he should of never became old.

Darth Thor
I dont remember young Snoke ever being useful in the OT or PT either.

juggerman
The way Snoke ragdolled Rey and how he easily stopped an enraged charging Kylo with a gentle touch of lightning should show that he isn't defenseless

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggerman
The way Snoke ragdolled Rey and how he easily stopped an enraged charging Kylo with a gentle touch of lightning should show that he isn't defenseless

Rey has no training at the time. Like at all. Anything she could do was apparently just her beta attempt at imitating Kylo through their Dyad.

He caught Kylo off guard who had no chance to fight back. He didnt even have his Saber out to defend against lightning. And his guards immediately cane to his defence, so Kylo couldnt take further action until he had back up. The back up being Rey.

Eon Blue
Darth, stop hating on Snokey.

Snoke sounds like a naughty name for female genitalia. Teehee!!

Emmy Evangeline
Neon Moon is damn more powerful. Snoke was only able to do all that because of Palpatine. Palpatine was only able to do all that because of Snoke. They're Neon Moon.

Eon Blue
Neon Moon is the amalgamation of Snoke and Palpatine. The true Dyad of the force lies in the synchronization of two equally worthy force users, Snoke and Palpatine. Snoke planned for Palpatine to use him, just as he was the true chosen one who partially saved a handful of Jedi from Order 66 before he was divinely conceived.

Neon Moon.

Emmy Evangeline
Neon moon is hands down the most devious and powerful villain. Some say Dr. Manhattan created him. Others say is vise versa. I choose thee latter

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline

Yeah, Sidious' "victory" in Revenge of the Sith wasn't a fair one --- he simply got lucky.

This is why I wonder why Yoda didn't try to face him again sometime, but instead chose to leave to Dagobah.

Eon Blue
I do believe Yoda would have won in an equal and level environment.

Against TRoS Palpatine, I wholeheartedly believe Yoda would be able to tap into the prior Jedi souls and gain an amp, just as Rey did. He was one of the strongest Force users in the verse.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Sidious' "victory" in Revenge of the Sith wasn't a fair one --- he simply got lucky.

This is why I wonder why Yoda didn't try to face him again sometime, but instead chose to leave to Dagobah.

Its hard to get close to him. It was a one time chance thing, and Palpatine had the advantage in that all he had to do was stalemate the fight and he wins. Or heck just survive.

Whereas Yoda needed a hard kill.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its hard to get close to him. It was a one time chance thing, and Palpatine had the advantage in that all he had to do was stalemate the fight and he wins. Or heck just survive.

Whereas Yoda needed a hard kill.

To be honest I don't think it would be that hard to get the drop on him again after a few months. It's not like Sidious' guards can do shit to Yoda. And Obi-Wan would have easily defeated Vader, who was still getting used to his armor. Overall the Jedi should have gathered somewhere and counter attacked.

relentless1
im of the belief that had Yoda and Sidious fought on even ground then the advantage would go to Sidious. If you recall, Sidious was outmatched in sabers only because he was in a cramped space that worked in the favour of the much smaller Yoda, once Sidious got back out into the open he took control again with the Force... the only way Palpatine loses is if he allows hubris to get the better of him as he did when he started nonsensically cackling, giving Yoda ample time to throw that senate pod back at him. The fight they had was chock full of coincidences and one offs based on the unique environment. Add in the skirmish they have in Clone Wars and its clear that Yoda MIGHT fight better but Sidious will fight dirty and that's where the advantage lies

Eon Blue

Darth Thor

Psychotron
Originally posted by relentless1
im of the belief that had Yoda and Sidious fought on even ground then the advantage would go to Sidious. If you recall, Sidious was outmatched in sabers only because he was in a cramped space that worked in the favour of the much smaller Yoda, once Sidious got back out into the open he took control again with the Force... the only way Palpatine loses is if he allows hubris to get the better of him as he did when he started nonsensically cackling, giving Yoda ample time to throw that senate pod back at him. The fight they had was chock full of coincidences and one offs based on the unique environment. Add in the skirmish they have in Clone Wars and its clear that Yoda MIGHT fight better but Sidious will fight dirty and that's where the advantage lies

I never got that impression. It's not like Sidious some invincible lightsaber duelist. Yes, he beat Maul and Savage, but he was disarmed by Mace Windu and by Yoda. In a forum battle he wouldn't be able to keep his distance from Yoda and Yoda wouldn't slip off the edge of a pod.

TRoS Sidious stomps though.

Darth Thor
^ Well Yoda, Palpatine (and presumably Mace) are pretty much invincible duelists to everyone else in Star Wars.

Palpatines taking out of those 3 council members and his handling of Maul and Opress shows us that.

In the Force hes pretty much invincible to everyone but Yoda, which again has been shown by his handling of Maul/Opress but also by his handling of Dooku over a Skype call.

Psychotron
Meh, peak Anakin would beat all three in a lightsaber duel.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Psychotron
Meh, peak Anakin would beat all three in a lightsaber duel.

Possibly. Its just difficult to place him. But anyone who can take out Dooku like that is definitely up there in the super elite.

Psychotron
True. Anyway, my point was that while Palpatine is good Yoda is the superior duelist and in a forum setting Palpatine wouldn't be able to keep Yoda at a distance by jumping around on pods and throwing shit at him. Yoda has a good chance of winning a rematch against ROTS Sidious, but not against TROS Sidious.

Darth Thor
True. Anyway, my point was that while Palpatine is good Yoda is the superior duelist and in a forum setting Palpatine wouldn't be able to keep Yoda at a distance by jumping around on pods and throwing shit at him. Yoda has a good chance of winning a rematch against ROTS Sidious, but not against TROS Sidious.

Yeah I agree. We didnt actually see Yoda disarm Palpatine, but thats clearly what happened, as one minute Palpatine has his Saber, the next time we go back to the fight he doesnt, and the script describes what happened in between, and Yoda did indeed disarm him. There was also a deleted scene in animatronics form that showed the same.

So it was just about location. Palpatine learned from his fight with Mace and didnt want to be caught in that position again. So his preference was actually to run from Yoda, but when that wasnt an option he got onto the podium and moved the fight into the senate chamber where it was difficult to pin him down the way Mace did.

Bentley
So Yoda failed to disarm Dooku and casually disarmed Sheev. That does tell you something

Darth Thor
^ I wouldnt say he did it casually lol

And he fought Dooku for like 30seconds? Im sure if it went on any longer Dooku would also be disarmed. Which is why Dooku fled.

Psychotron
Palpatine learned from his fight with Mace and didnt want to be caught in that position again.

Too bad he forgot about it when he fought Rey lmao.

Darth Thor
Too bad he forgot about it when he fought Rey lmao.

Well.. you know... he was old and senile by that point Lmao

Bentley
^ I wouldnt say he did it casually lol

And he fought Dooku for like 30seconds? Im sure if it went on any longer Dooku would also be disarmed. Which is why Dooku fled.

We know for sure Yoda is a better duelist than Dooku since the only one that can really compare is Zonakin

I'm just stating the fact Dooku and Sheev both had to flee and one of them wasn't disarmed

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bentley

I'm just stating the fact Dooku and Sheev both had to flee and one of them wasn't disarmed

Yeah sure. Just also pointing out, that Palpatine fought Yoda for longer.

But hey no objections here, Im always up for some Dooku love.

Psychotron
Yoda probably wasn't going as hard on his old padawan as he was on the guy that just wiped out thousands of his fellow Jedi. If Yoda was really trying he could just folded him in two with the Force.

Bentley
Yoda probably wasn't going as hard on his old padawan as he was on the guy that just wiped out thousands of his fellow Jedi. If Yoda was really trying he could just folded him in two with the Force.

You could also make an argument that Dooku has trained with Yoda and that he knew his style and capacities better than Palpatine

Eon Blue
Dooku was a mincemeat pie of a man that drank strawberry nectar all the way up until he was a wee lad of 19.

Dooku was weak and Yoda would own him regardless of circumstance.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bentley
You could also make an argument that Dooku has trained with Yoda and that he knew his style and capacities better than Palpatine

Good point. Like Obi-Wan beating Anakin.

Emmy Evangeline
I think Yoda does Yoga and since Palpatine couldn't move around much without stretching Yoga gets the win.

Josh_Alexander
Yoda definitely! Specially if Sidious is going to fight as stupidly as he did Rey! laughing out loud

Emmy Evangeline
The thing about yoga is if you mediate with The Force and say a mantra you get more power. Plus he has to say Namaste.

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline
He was teaching the younglings in Episode 2 Yoga. Obiwan rudely interrupted their training

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Yoda definitely! Specially if Sidious is going to fight as stupidly as he did Rey! laughing out loud

Palpatine did fight pathetically in that fight. He looks legit scared of Yoda.

BrolyBlack
Depends on if Palp leads with lighting at full power. If he does he vaporizes Yoda. If not Yoda kills him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.