What Does a Legit Trump Win Look like?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Most of us did not vote for Trump. But he clearly didn't do 100% bad things so far.

What would you define, with a specific example, a Trump win? Something you think a president should or did do that you would applaud?

With all the talk about how terrible Trump is, we should be able to settle for what we can get. Again, most of us are not Trump voters but Trump surely did not do 100% bad things this whole time.

Real Clear Politics put together a top 10 list:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/12/31/trumps_top_10_achievements_for_2019_142047.html

But there are more. And we don't have to stop with Trump. What do you want the 2020 president to do for their 4 year term?

I know it is not possible but please check your bias. We are looking for things that are good or can be good about President 45 and potentially president 46.

Surtur
An example of a legit win:

Trump signs animal cruelty act into law

This is something that you genuinely can't be opposed to unless you're an awful human being.

dadudemon
For me, Trump's biggest achievements, the things that we can give Trump credit for, not him stealing credit:

1. Better funding for our military veterans
2. His harder stance with China (but I don't like some of the things he has done)
3. His combative stance with the corruption and power that the Mainstream Media - it was truly a toxic and overly powerful machine that needed to be depowered and Trump did a great job de-fanging the MSM Machine (but not all the way).

But other than that, I am not really super excited about much else. Space Force? Not really.

What I want our 2020 elected president to do is implement a true universal healthcare option like Medicare for All, make internet a utility and make it open, end all of our foreign wars, better invest in the sciences, stop wasting so much money on "green energy" and focus far more on clean energy, and better invest in education.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur

This is something that you genuinely can't be opposed to unless you're an awful human being.

Yes, this is something good. I think some things should not be handled at the state or municipal level and this is one of them. Good call.

Surtur
Trump brings up global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality at U.N.

Raptor22

This is something that you genuinely can't be opposed to unless you're an awful human being. yep thats defiantly a good thing.

Also from what i read in the link the previous statutes were ****ing retarded.

"Federal law had previously only prohibited animal fighting and only criminalized animal cruelty if the wrongdoers create and sell videos depicting the act."

Am i missing something? Because before, it seems to me that someone could not only beat an animal to death but video tape it also and as long as they didnt sell the video they couldnt be charged federally instead only under whatever that particular states statutes were.

Wtf was that about?

Raptor22
Trump brings up global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality at U.N. this is a very good thing also. If someone did this decades ago the Great Alan Turing probably would have lived much longer.

Apologies in advance ddm for derailing ur thread a bit.

For those that dont know Alan Turing was the most instrumental figure in cracking the nazi enigma machine in ww2. This was one of if not the most pivotal moments of the war. It is estimated that between 9-14 million lives were saved as a direct result of being able to decipher the enigma massages.

In the 50's in the UK because homosexuality was against the law there still, Alan Turing was arrested and chemically castrated for the crime of being gay. His castration lead to his suicide a short time later.

"Turing was prosecuted in 1952 for homosexual acts; the Labouchere Amendment of 1885 had mandated that "gross indecency" was a criminal offence in the UK. He accepted chemical castration treatment, with DES, as an alternative to prison. Turing died in 1954, 16 days before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined his death as a suicide, but it has been noted that the known evidence is also consistent with accidental poisoning.

In 2009, following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for "the appalling way he was treated". Queen Elizabeth II granted Turing a posthumous pardon in 2013. The Alan Turing law is now an informal term for a 2017 law in the United Kingdom that retroactively pardoned men cautioned or convicted under historical legislation that outlawed homosexual acts."

Alan Turing is perhaps the only historical figure that i feel any genuine connection with, as its more than likely that he directly affected my life. Both of my grand parents fought in and survived ww2. if it wasnt for Alan, either one or both probably would not have survived and one or both of my parents along with myself (and probably many of u and your parents) would never have been born.

If something like this was made global back then, one of histories greatest minds might have been saved.

Surtur
Yeah Alan was a great man who the world failed.

SquallX

Killjoy12

Putinbot1

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Because he can't. It's hard to argue against hard, actual facts as much as leftists may try.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Because he can't. It's hard to argue against hard, actual facts as much as leftists may try.

You sound like a broken record.

cdtm
For starters, he should apologize for Celebrity Apprentice.

Surtur
Sensing a lot of winning.

juggerman
Originally posted by cdtm
For starters, he should apologize for Celebrity Apprentice. laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
Sensing a lot of winning.

Yep.

Nope, not tired of winning yet.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Raptor22
Apologies in advance ddm for derailing ur thread a bit.

No need to apologize, your comments and asides are always welcome. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.