Death Star vs. TIE Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Hi guys!

Been reading the Thrawn novels and rewatching Rebels, and was curious what you guys thought about this.

What if the Emperor had chosen to fund the TIE Defender project instead of the Death Star project? What impact do you think that would have had on how the events played out? Do you think it would have been a better decision in the long run?

Galan007
Fleets of Defenders would have obviously been the better route to take in hindsight, and would've given the Empire an overwhelming advantage against the Rebellion. Thrawn tried telling Palpatine this from day one, but Palps didn't listen... Twice(three times if you also count Starkiller Base as one of his failures.)

Palpatine ultimately wanted a symbol of fear to quell potential uprisings within the Empire... And a massive, planet-busting space station has more of an impact than TIEs in that regard.

Eli Vanto
Do you think the defenders would have given him that iron fisted grip over the galaxy at large that the Death Star did?

Galan007
The Death Star(s) didn't give him control over the galaxy, though.

The first one was destroyed right after it was fully operational, and the second was destroyed before construction was even completed.

Darth Thor
I guess that is one thing he learned by TROS. No idea how he practically pulled off a weapon destroying planet on every Star Destroyer. Also no idea why they were so easily defeated. But whatever.

Psychotron
Episode X will have a fleet of TIEs with Death Star canons.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I guess that is one thing he learned by TROS. No idea how he practically pulled off a weapon destroying planet on every Star Destroyer. Also no idea why they were so easily defeated. But whatever. Yeah that's one thing I was wondering:: where did the funding come from for the First Order and Palpatine's fleet? messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.