Who is the most powerful Sith ever in cannon wise ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who is the most powerful Sith cannon wise and who will you rank as top 10 ?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ozz81
Who is the most powerful Sith cannon wise

Palpatine obviously

StiltmanFTW
SNOKE

vin

Galan007
Sidious was the strongest Sith in canon before RoS. Now it's not even remotely comparable.

Total Warrior
Listing my top 10 Dark side Users:

1) The Son
2) Darth Sidious
3) Darth Vader
4) Count Dooku
5) Quinlan Vos (when he fell to the dark side)
6) Darth Maul
7) Kylo Ren
8) Savage Oppress
9) Assajj Ventress
10) Lord Momin

Special mentions to Dark Yoda (the vision Yoda fought), Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis who have little feats in Canon.

If I counted only Sith Lords I don't think we'd have a top 10 in canon, there aren't many we know

ares834
Kylo is below all of those TBH.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Listing my top 10 Dark side Users:

1) The Son
2) Darth Sidious
3) Darth Vader
4) Count Dooku
5) Quinlan Vos (when he fell to the dark side)
6) Darth Maul
7) Kylo Ren
8) Savage Oppress
9) Assajj Ventress
10) Lord Momin

Special mentions to Dark Yoda (the vision Yoda fought), Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis who have little feats in Canon.

If I counted only Sith Lords I don't think we'd have a top 10 in canon, there aren't many we know

Snoke doesnt Make your list...

Goooood

Total Warrior
ahahahah I legit forgot about him. However, I can justify by saying that snoke and palpatine are the same person no? :P

Total Warrior
Originally posted by ares834
Kylo is below all of those TBH. In sabers yes, However he should have a force edge. I gave him the benefit of the doubt

ares834
Using the Force he wasn't even able to overcome the KoR. It isn't going to help him against the characters you listed.

Galan007
ahahahah I legit forgot about him. However, I can justify by saying that snoke and palpatine are the same person no? :P If you take Luke's word on Snoke's power at face value, then he should be on your list, tbh.

Total Warrior

Darth Thor

Total Warrior
Assuming he is as powerful as Sidious, could you see Vader or Dooku beating him before he force abuses them? Guess it depends on the distance

carthage
The Emperor

Bentley
If this is strictly Sabers then Dooku shifty

Darth Thor
Assuming he is as powerful as Sidious, could you see Vader or Dooku beating him before he force abuses them? Guess it depends on the distance

Sidious level definitely isnt owning Vader in the Force alone, not unless he catches him off guard with lightning.

With Dooku, I know Sidious Force chokes him over a hologram, but thats kind of different to owning him without a Saber with Dooku standing right in front of him with a Saber...

So nah, pretty sure theyd both kill Snoke, even if we take the Snokes Force powers being equal to Palpatines statement completely literally.

If we just go by feats however, I think Maul also takes him.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ozz81
Who is the most powerful Sith cannon wise Palpatine. He is "all the Sith." They literally all are him. The f*ck do you want?

Scizard
Originally posted by ares834
Using the Force he wasn't even able to overcome the KoR. It isn't going to help him against the characters you listed.

wdym this happens all the time for the sake of actually being able to see interesting lightsaber battles

Galan007
I feel like if a sufficient enough gap in force power exists, lightsabers should be irrelevant.

Palpatine, for example, clearly didn't *need* to indulge Maul and Savage in a saber battle -- he could have annihilated them at any time with the force. He simply chose to fight them physically.

That could be the case with Snoke as well. Yes, he is a physical cripple, but if he's really RotJ Palpatine-level, there would be a scarce few that he would have to engage in a h2h battle with.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
but if he's really RotJ Palpatine-level,

Honestly not sure a single statement not backed by feats is enough to believe that tbh. Especially given the ridiculous way in which he was killed.

But yeah if he is that good with the Force, then he will be up there. But Vader and Dooku should still take him Imo. Vader for sure.

Galan007
Feats are always the best measuring stick, sure.

That being said, I don't really see a reason to doubt Luke's word on the matter. /shrug

Darth Thor
Feats are always the best measuring stick, sure.

That being said, I don't really see a reason to doubt Luke's word on the matter. /shrug

The only reason I can give is that yeah its supposed to be from Lukes perspective, but its still just a source book.

Like he doesnt know what happened to Vos. Why? Because we dont know yet.

That said if they repeat this Snoke = ROTJ Palps concept multiple times, then I will take it much more seriously.

Galan007
It is a guidebook, but it's still it's an in-universe text that was intended to have been penned by Luke himself.

So per Luke, Snoke's power = RotJ Palpatine's... And given canon Luke's immense wealth of knowledge(not to mention that he has personally felt/sensed the power of both), I really can't think of a good reason why his word on the matter would be unreliable..?

Lord Lucien
I feel like if a sufficient enough gap in force power exists, lightsabers should be irrelevant. Unless someone uses TWO lightsabers, in which case Palpy had better watch out.

Darth Thor
It is a guidebook, but it's still it's an in-universe text that was intended to have been penned by Luke himself.

So per Luke, Snoke's power = RotJ Palpatine's... And given canon Luke's immense wealth of knowledge(not to mention that he has personally felt/sensed the power of both), I really can't think of a good reason why his word on the matter would be unreliable..?

Because a guide book can easily be contradicted in other sources. I mean heck they contradicted clear implications and even events from actual novels. So I dont think theyd hesitate twice about contradicting a guide book.

But yes Luke is a solid source. So if he says that again in a more solid source Like a comic book, then itd be pretty hard to dispute.

Galan007
You're absolutely right. It *can* be contradicted later on by some other source.

But like I said: as of *now*, Luke's word is all we have to go by on the matter... and he is a very reputable source.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
You're absolutely right. It *can* be contradicted later on by some other source.

But like I said: as of *now*, Luke's word is all we have to go by on the matter... and he is a very reputable source.

Fair enough. Ill just have to see if theres if theres someway I can reinterpret Lukes words. He never specifically mentioned TK or FL right? stick out tongue

Darth Thor
^ So reviewing the exact quote, it is possible Luke was comparing Snokes mastery of the dark side to Sith Lords in general and not specifically Palpatine.

Also from Lukes point of view Snoke being equally as impressive and terrifying in the dark side could be down to what hes accomplished with his dark side powers - built up the First Order and turned Kylo much in the way Palpatine turned Vader.

So there is room for different interpretations of that quote, Hence why I would need to see that statement repeated elsewhere before taking it as factual.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Especially given the ridiculous way in which he was killed.

To be fair now, RotJ Palps' death wasn't *much* better.

Sure, Sheev was focused on making Luke suffering and everything, but him getting betrayed and tossed out like garbage by a one-armed cyborg was still funny.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair now, RotJ Palps' death wasn't *much* better.

Sure, Sheev was focused on making Luke suffering and everything, but him getting betrayed and tossed out like garbage by a one-armed cyborg was still funny.

It was definitely much better.

Focusing on Luke and getting grabbed from behind is very different to fully focusing on reading Kylos mind whilst completely missing that Kylo is about to kill him. Thats why I find it very difficult to believe his powers are equal to OT Palpatines.

Plus Vader himself died killing Palpatine. IOW you somehow manage to take out Palps, even by surprise, youre still gonna pay a hefty price.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ So reviewing the exact quote, it is possible Luke was comparing Snokes mastery of the dark side to Sith Lords in general and not specifically Palpatine.

Also from Lukes point of view Snoke being equally as impressive and terrifying in the dark side could be down to what hes accomplished with his dark side powers - built up the First Order and turned Kylo much in the way Palpatine turned Vader.

So there is room for different interpretations of that quote, Hence why I would need to see that statement repeated elsewhere before taking it as factual. The implications of the quote are clear, imo.

"Unlike Emperor Palpatine before him, Snoke was not a Sith Lord, but his mastery of the dark side was equally as impressive -- and terrifying."
https://i.imgur.com/apprMCC.jpg

Luke is clearly using Palpatine's raw dark side power as a measuring stick for Snoke's. If Luke were just comparing Snoke to some random/generic Sith Lord, he would not have explicitly mentioned Palpatine in the same breath.

Darth Thor

Galan007
No. This bit of dialogue is actually quite simplistic, and doesn't leave much room for ambiguity at all. You're just trying to twist it for some reason.

The 'dumbed down' version of the quote would be: "Snoke's mastery of the dark side was equal to Palpatine's, even though he wasn't an actual Sith Lord." Seems like you're just trying to nitpick a clear-cut statement, simply because you dislike Snoke.

Anywho, there's no need to try and insult my intelligence with these silly assertions you're coming up with... We both know what the line implies, even if you don't want to openly admit it.

Eli Vanto
I agree.

Darth Thor
No. This bit of dialogue is actually quite simplistic, and doesn't leave much room for ambiguity at all. You're just trying to twist it for some reason.

The 'dumbed down' version of the quote would be: "Snoke's mastery of the dark side was equal to Palpatine's, even though he wasn't an actual Sith Lord." Seems like you're just trying to nitpick a clear-cut statement, simply because you dislike Snoke.

Anywho, there's no need to try and insult my intelligence with these silly assertions you're coming up with... We both know what the line implies, even if you don't want to openly admit it.

Insult your intelligence? Whoa... Its not like Im the first and only one to point out that interpretation. So Quit taking it as some kind of attack.

As for me twisting it for some reason, its no mystery as Ive already explained im very critical of it given Snokes on screen presence. However if it turns out that lightning blast in the Kylo Ren comic was from Snoke, then that would change things.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

McP
Since Palpatine "made" Snoke, Luke could just felt Palpatine instead, no? This whole new trylogy is a total shit for me, I'm not interested in any kind of source, so I really don't know and just asking.

Anyway, if he indeed was "made" by Palpatine and was his puppet, I doubt that he should be listed very high. His TK was rahter impressive, but so was Kylo's in the first movie. Against non-Force users or pdawans like Rey he could stomp. Rey was talented, poweful, was a great user of TK as well... but being good in using it isn't the same as being good in defending against it. And Kylo's showing against clows of Ren was terrible at the end.

Sheev
Snoke was his own entity with his own power. Sidious was just pulling his strings behind the scenes.

Darth Thor

StiltmanFTW
Why are we even discussing this...

No amount of lip service is going to change the fact that Snoke sucked ass.

Galan007
Snoke's only importance at this point is to potentially help gauge/scale canon Luke's power. stick out tongue

ares834
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Why are we even discussing this...

No amount of lip service is going to change the fact that Snoke sucked ass.

thumb up

This.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.