Superman Vs. The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
It's been done a gazillion times, but not recently and not with a poll.

CIS, PIS off!

This is the big one!

MrMind
I'd say Superman can take at least 2 silver surfers

Sin I AM
Superman. Unless he went thru some type of depowerment recently would be Surfer handily

DeadpoolXXX
superman.

not even close at this point.

BrolyBlack
Superman, why do people keep making these threads. So funny to see stage 5 clingers voting for Surfer at this point.

LordGod
Superman.

It's spite honestly.

MrMind
7 votes for SS, I can literally guess the people who voted for SS

Putinbot1
Galan, I would like a definitive fair poll please as someone who argued for years before most members present here joined Superman would beat Surfer. I would like to put this honestly to bed on this forum and pull the rug from under, JBL, Goober, Deadline, Estacado, Naija Boy etc. For the foreseeable future!

StiltmanFTW
Neithersupernorman can't even beat Night Trasher or Prowler.

That's why mods always manipulate those polls.

You have lost, Whirly. It's the end of the road for you.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Neithersupernorman can't even beat Night Trasher or Prowler.

That's why mods always manipulate those polls.

You have lost, Whirly. It's the end of the road for you. Hahaha laughing out loud

CatL18
Current Superman vs Current Surfer?
If so, I will vote for Superman.
Off course, Surfer is above herald level now though.

Galan007
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Galan, I would like a definitive fair poll please as someone who argued for years before most members present here joined Superman would beat Surfer. I would like to put this honestly to bed on this forum and pull the rug from under, JBL, Goober, Deadline, Estacado, Naija Boy etc. For the foreseeable future! What were Superman's votes at before this?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CatL18
Current Superman vs Current Surfer?
If so, I will vote for Superman.
Off course, Surfer is above herald level now though.

True. But Supes is way up there

AlbertoJohnAvil
Surfer stomps everytime

BrolyBlack
^No troll no

AlbertoJohnAvil
says who? What happens when Surfer traps Superman in his board, or speed steals?

cdtm
It's been done a gazillion times, but not recently and not with a poll.

CIS, PIS off!

This is the big one!

Surfer. Too many ways he can win, like energy drain, green K projection (He showed he can detect weaknesses with his cosmic awareness and recreate them against Gladiator), red sun projection.

Or an old fashioned beat down. Say, by opening a black hole in his brain.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
What were Superman's votes at before this?

Supes was winning by a few votes. Don't remember the exact count.

Who's the troll mod? Bada, ofc?

cdtm
Pr?

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by cdtm
Surfer. Too many ways he can win, like energy drain, green K projection (He showed he can detect weaknesses with his cosmic awareness and recreate them against Gladiator), red sun projection.

Lol what a load of garbage. Super gets atomized

StiltmanFTW
Pr?

Pr has no sense of humour.

BrolyBlack
PR died a long time ago

StiltmanFTW
Before he joined this forum, I suspect.

BrolyBlack
Definitely before he joined

Galan007
Set Superman's votes back to 12.

That seem fair, or..?

Putinbot1
When I looked Supes was 3 ahead Galan.

Galan007
Okay.

I put Superman 3 votes ahead of Surfer. thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay.

I put Superman 3 votes ahead of Surfer. thumb up Thank you Galan. Look upon my works Goober and despair.

cdtm
When I looked Supes was 3 ahead Galan.

I voted for Surfer before Galan changed it, so should probably be at least one vote closer.

BrolyBlack
Superman one shots surfer and he ceases to exist. Superman wasn’t even afraid of Perpetua or Manhattan. Surfer is a bug on a windshield to him.

Delta1938
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
says who? What happens when Surfer traps Superman in his board, or speed steals?

Assuming he can't just break the board, by vibrating. Surfer speed stealing? I have a feeling you're making this up, or it's another stars exploding.

laughing NLF for Surfer wasn't included.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Delta1938
Assuming he can't just break the board, by vibrating. Surfer speed stealing? I have a feeling you're making this up, or it's another stars exploding.

laughing NLF for Surfer wasn't included.

laughing out loud laughing out loud It's always entertainment for me when people that don't read comics assume they don't know what your talking about. Surfer always had an ability similar to of speed steal for years.

http://i.imgur.com/uNV9AVV.jpg

DarkSaint85
WTF.

That's DOOM WITH SURFER'S POWERS lmao. Not Surfer.

What Doom does or doesn't do with Surfer's PC has ZERO to do with Surfer.

Delta1938
laughing out loud laughing out loud It's always entertainment for me when people that don't read comics assume they don't know what your talking about. Surfer always had an ability similar to of speed steal for years.

Showing an obscure decades old scan and telling me I don't read comics. This is a great example of how desperate you are, or how stupid amd arrogant you are. Or both. I bet you'd be throwing a hissy fit if I showed an obscure scan and went "LULZ you don't read comics n00b!! PWN3D!!!"

And while that scan text was bad, I was able to make it out. You're arguing Surfer is going to pull that off on Superman because Doctor Doom did it to Thing. laughing

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
WTF.

Don't want to whiteknight Alberto of all people, but Doom was still learning how to use Surfer's power, as Grimm points out.

Still, yeah, not really usable.

DarkSaint85
Very true; in which case, having SURFER, the primero expert, do the exact same thing should be incredibly easy to find.

Delta1938
Very true; in which case, having SURFER, the primero expert, do the exact same thing should be incredibly easy to find.

And against someone as fast and powerful as Superman while getting his face smashed, not some scrub like Thing.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Showing an obscure decades old scan and telling me I don't read comics. This is a great example of how desperate you are, or how stupid amd arrogant you are. Or both. I bet you'd be throwing a hissy fit if I showed an obscure scan and went "LULZ you don't read comics n00b!! PWN3D!!!"

And while that scan text was bad, I was able to make it out. You're arguing Surfer is going to pull that off on Superman because Doctor Doom did it to Thing. laughing

It was Doom getting used to Surfer's power, you would know that if you read the comic laughing

and It's CANON regardless of how old it is.

DarkSaint85
It was Doom getting used to Surfer's power, you would know that if you read the comic laughing

Have you got a scan of SURFER doing it?

AlbertoJohnAvil
That was DOOM with SURFER'S power cosmic, and him getting used to learning it, and YOU'RE asking me if surfer can replicate it when he's more EXPERIENCED with his OWN power cosmic?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Nah, not entertaining your whiteknighting. do that with carver

DarkSaint85
Yep. Surfer is vastly more experienced with the PC than Doom.

It should be trivial to show SURFER doing it.

Delta1938

Moving the goal post I see. Or it's just more of your poor reading comprehension. I never said it being old made it non Canon, I was pointing out it's pathetic your argument implied I don't read comics because I didn't read a specific comic probably over 50 years old.

Or let me ask you directly. Why do you think I don't read comics? If you don't give a really good answer I'm reporting you.

And I don't give a **** if it was Doom learning Surfer's powers. I'm not impressed he did it to Thing when you're arguing it'll work on Superman as if it's a sure thing(no pun intended). Give me something better than that and I'll entertain this as a plausible tactic.

BrolyBlack

Sin I AM
Where are Superman's power levels at now? Has he been nerfed back down yet?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Moving the goal post I see. Or it's just more of your poor reading comprehension. I never said it being old made it non Canon, I was pointing out it's pathetic your argument implied I don't read comics because I didn't read a specific comic probably over 50 years old.

Or let me ask you directly. Why do you think I don't read comics? If you don't give a really good answer I'm reporting you.

And I don't give a **** if it was Doom learning Surfer's powers. I'm not impressed he did it to Thing when you're arguing it'll work on Superman as if it's a sure thing(no pun intended). Give me something better than that and I'll entertain this as a plausible tactic.

LMAO YOU act as if I care about how you feel about the argument, it's a perfect option to finish Superman off seeing as Superman has shown zero resistance to that type of hax that Surfer can whip out. The point of a debate is to prove how the opponent loses, your feelings on it is completely irrelevant. If you can't show Superman resisting to an ability similar as to speed steal than Surfer wins. You got one time to show Supes resisting speed steal before I move on with my day, anything else is irrelevant. I don't do back n forth. far too irrelevant

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Where are Superman's power levels at now? Has he been nerfed back down yet?

He's still super-mega-uber powerful, yeah.

Delta1938
LMAO YOU act as if I care about how you feel about the argument, it's a perfect option to finish Superman off seeing as Superman has shown zero resistance to that type of hax that Surfer can whip out. The point of a debate is to prove how the opponent loses, your feelings on it is completely irrelevant. If you can't show Superman resisting to an ability similar as to speed steal than Surfer wins. You got one time to show Supes resisting speed steal before I move on with my day, anything else is irrelevant. I don't do back n forth. far too irrelevant

So a wall of text to cover up you have nothing. Concessions accepted.

And I see you didn't answer why I allegedly don't read comics. Again, concessions accepted.

zopzop

Nice find. Even if it is Doom doing it, it's nice to see the Power Cosmic is capable of the feat.

Surfer's PC really is like a mini Cosmic Cube. With a little patience and some experience you can pretty much do anything with it.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by zopzop
Nice find. Even if it is Doom doing it, it's nice to see the Power Cosmic is capable of the feat.

Surfer's PC really is like a mini Cosmic Cube. With a little patience and some experience you can pretty much do anything with it.

exactly. but these dudes find some ways to argue just to argue like bunch of upset females. IT was done by Surfer's OWN power cosmic, Common sense tells you Surfer can casually do it thats why i laugh at these dudes whenever they try to give their input, idk how carver gets upset. they're hilarious laughing out loud laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
So a wall of text to cover up you have nothing. Concessions accepted.

And I see you didn't answer why I allegedly don't read comics. Again, concessions accepted.

LMAO You don't read comics though, that's been noted for awhile now. Soon as you said "AlBErTO R u mAKiNG tHiNGs Up AgAIn" about Surfer speed steal I called you out on your lack of knowledge and proved you wrong. then you wanna save face with the "BrO ItS A DeCaDe OLd So WhaT!!! hurr durr"

Don't ever doubt my knowledge, ive been reading before you were in diapers child

-Pr-
Everyone:

1. Feats aren't transferable.
2. Stop being such utter *****. Please.

playa1258
Superman is multiversal.

This isn't close.

darthgoober
exactly. but these dudes find some ways to argue just to argue like bunch of upset females. IT was done by Surfer's OWN power cosmic, Common sense tells you Surfer can casually do it thats why i laugh at these dudes whenever they try to give their input, idk how carver gets upset. they're hilarious laughing out loud laughing out loud
The thing is, Surfer's shown how he likes to "freeze" people during battle and it's not via actual speed steal, he mostly does something like encase his opponent in solidified cosmic energy. Honestly, pretty much everything is possible with Surfer's powers and a solid case can certainly be made for a speed steal to be included via logic and common sense, but at the end of the day he doesn't think like Doom and strait up lacks both Doom's raw intelligence and cunning. Despite his centuries of experience with his power, he's still specifically coming up with new ways of using the Power Cosmic for the first time fairly frequently so it's not like he's got it all mastered and as of yet his go to "immobilization tactic" is the solid energy thing. That'll be an easier case for you to make from an "in character" perspective. Honestly I doubt it would net him the win against Supes in a forum fight because he tends to use it against people who aren't actually a threat to him(keeps them from hurting themselves trying to attack him I guess) so it doesn't have many impressive victims, but if he charges the whole thing with energy like he did against Galactus, it could probably give Supes some real trouble.

Anyway that's my two cents so feel free to listen or ignore at your discretion, I was simply trying to set you on a course where others would need to raise an argument beyond "Surfer won't do that". Even if Pr hadn't stepped in to say that feats can't be transferred, you're argument wasn't going to go anywhere because the guy in the scan is Dr. Doom and most people figure that Doom's one of those guys who can probably use someone else's powers more efficiently than they can themselves. Hell I posted that scan in Surfer's respect thread myself a long time ago, but I never bothered trying to push it with any seriousness because I knew it wouldn't fly in debates here on KMC.

Putinbot1
Surfer has gone ahead in the poll. Poor Abhi, poor Supra, poor Phil, poor me...

StiltmanFTW
Silver Goober is not allowed on 2020 KMC.

vin

Sin I AM
Originally posted by darthgoober
The thing is, Surfer's shown how he likes to "freeze" people during battle and it's not via actual speed steal, he mostly does something like encase his opponent in solidified cosmic energy. Honestly, pretty much everything is possible with Surfer's powers and a solid case can certainly be made for a speed steal to be included via logic and common sense, but at the end of the day he doesn't think like Doom and strait up lacks both Doom's raw intelligence and cunning. Despite his centuries of experience with his power, he's still specifically coming up with new ways of using the Power Cosmic for the first time fairly frequently so it's not like he's got it all mastered and as of yet his go to "immobilization tactic" is the solid energy thing. That'll be an easier case for you to make from an "in character" perspective. Honestly I doubt it would net him the win against Supes in a forum fight because he tends to use it against people who aren't actually a threat to him(keeps them from hurting themselves trying to attack him I guess) so it doesn't have many impressive victims, but if he charges the whole thing with energy like he did against Galactus, it could probably give Supes some real trouble.

Anyway that's my two cents so feel free to listen or ignore at your discretion, I was simply trying to set you on a course where others would need to raise an argument beyond "Surfer won't do that". Even if Pr hadn't stepped in to say that feats can't be transferred, you're argument wasn't going to go anywhere because the guy in the scan is Dr. Doom and most people figure that Doom's one of those guys who can probably use someone else's powers more efficiently than they can themselves. Hell I posted that scan in Surfer's respect thread myself a long time ago, but I never bothered trying to push it with any seriousness because I knew it wouldn't fly in debates here on KMC.

Good post

Putinbot1
Silver Goober is not allowed on 2020 KMC.

vin Silver Goober laughing out loud brilliant!

abhilegend
Superman oneshots Surfer at this point.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman oneshots Surfer at this point. Superman is losing the poll Abhi, quick to the phone booth.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman oneshots Surfer at this point.
At standard power levels, fighting in character, Superman is too much for Surfer. Comic Surfer has problems with Thor. Superman hits AT LEAST as hard and his combat speed and maneuverability are LEAGUES above Thor. Surfer would be blitzed into a coma. Superman would win the vast majority of the comic fights.

FORUM Surfer using weakness exploit is a different story.

Sin I AM
At standard power levels, fighting in character, Superman is too much for Surfer. Comic Surfer has problems with Thor. Superman hits AT LEAST as hard and his combat speed and maneuverability are LEAGUES above Thor. Surfer would be blitzed into a coma. Superman would win the vast majority of the comic fights.

The Thor that Surfer struggles with isn't some slouch tho

zopzop
The Thor that Surfer struggles with isn't some slouch tho
Compared to Superman he is. 90% of standard Thor fights involve nothing more than punches and hammer strikes. Superman is a completely different beast.

Sin I AM
Compared to Superman he is. 90% of standard Thor fights involve nothing more than punches and hammer strikes. Superman is a completely different beast.

Disagree. All Superman's fights involve nothing more than punching. True power-wise but don't act like he's anything more than a brawler.

zopzop
Disagree. All Superman's fights involve nothing more than punching. True power-wise but don't act like he's anything more than a brawler.
Yes 'punching' while fighting at superhuman speeds. Superman is a CL100+ guy that speedblitzes in character. Thor or Surfer would be KOed.

Putinbot1
After all this time and all these power ups. It's still 50:50 according to the forum.

abhilegend

Forum Superman wouldn't give forum Surfer any chance to do that though.

Sin I AM
Yes 'punching' while fighting at superhuman speeds. Superman is a CL100+ guy that speedblitzes in character. Thor or Surfer would be KOed.

Sometimes. Depends on who he fights. Agreed

StiltmanFTW
90% of standard Thor fights involve nothing more than punches and hammer strikes.

Well... very true.

Of course Thorbags love to pretend he uses godblast and soulsuck at least 10 times a week.

Philosophía
In top of what's been said, what Doomsurfer did was slow down the Thing's metabolism, the vibration of his molecules. Once the 'metabolism' accelerator from Reed was used on him, he was back to normal.
https://imgur.com/a/M8IPmgU

This is not dissimilar to what Captain Cold does, only on a lower level, since he goes fully subatomic:
http://i.imgur.com/LgTPlWo.png

The effects of slowing down/stopping people in their tracks is similar -- but obviously we don't compare Captain Cold's "speed steal" with Wally's.

This does prove unequivocally that Captain Cold would solo the Thing, though thumb up
After all this time and all these power ups. It's still 50:50 according to the forum.
Surfer fans -- like Thor fans -- are like cockroaches. They stay inside the walls and only rear their head when they get that 1 feat every 2 years, then they vanish again, knowing they can't compete.

Compared to Superman he is. 90% of standard Thor fights involve nothing more than punches and hammer strikes. Superman is a completely different beast. Even 90% seems generous -- especially the last decade or so. Maybe he falls unconscious too fast to be able to do anything else -- but no matter what , that's just how he fights.

celeyhyga17
Lightning is very common now in the last decade or so. Whether it be charged hammer or just straight lightning, he seems to use it more nowadays than ever before. Storms and winds too he seems to use pretty often under Aaron.

AlbertoJohnAvil

Superman blitzes has failed to KO beings lower than Thor caliber an dozen of times

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lightning is very common now in the last decade or so. Whether it be charged hammer or just straight lightning, he seems to use it more nowadays than ever before. Storms and winds too he seems to use pretty often under Aaron.

Nobody is scared of those stupid weather tricks.

celeyhyga17
Nobody is scared of those stupid weather tricks.
Sure...

Also... He is has his own still force.
https://i.ibb.co/V2TTPF0/RCO015.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sure...

that's a great feat

Classic NES

Before lightning, it was Anti-Force and whirlwinds. Not to mention the occasional God-blast.

StiltmanFTW
Sure...

"Celey15"

"Celeyhyga17"

Are... are you implying that... you're not legal?

SquallX
Superman blitzes has failed to KO beings lower than Thor caliber an dozen of times

And Thor has failed to keep up with Wolverine of all people. Hell, he even lost that fight.

So wanna keep using low ends?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Classic NES
Before lightning, it was Anti-Force and whirlwinds. Not to mention the occasional God-blast.
Meh.. Jurgens didnt know anything else but anti-force blasts, but that thing is just myth now.
Current Thor is now lightning 7 days a week and twice on Sundays...
Storms coming in at second. He's forgotten everything else.

"Celey15"

"Celeyhyga17"

Are... are you implying that... you're not legal?
Only for u.
winkiss

Classic NES
He's forgotten everything else.

I miss Time Stop and his other silver age powers. sad

Putinbot1
Surfer is winning...

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud THAT'S because he does win, it's been a known fact among the public that surfer will always win. KMC is STARTING to see this. Surfer has FAR too many options to stomp Clark, its only the ignorant minority (super fans) that hates this

Putinbot1
Superman has just gone ahead! thumb up take that silver Goober!

DeadpoolXXX
laughing out loud laughing out loud THAT'S because he does win, it's been a known fact among the public that superman will always win. KMC is STARTING to see this. Superman has FAR too many options to stomp Norrin, its only the ignorant minority (surfer fans) that hates this

smile

darthgoober
Superman has just gone ahead! thumb up take that silver Goober!
The funny thing is, I haven't even voted in the poll lol. I stopped reading full Supes issues back when he and WW got together so at this point my knowledge of the character isn't sufficient enough to make an informed prediction.

Putinbot1
The funny thing is, I haven't even voted in the poll lol. I stopped reading full Supes issues back when he and WW got together so at this point my knowledge of the character isn't sufficient enough to make an informed prediction. thumb up Well I respect that fellow ancient poster.

carver9
Surfer destroys. There isn't a single thing Superman can do to a CIS/PIS'less Surfer.

DeadpoolXXX
superman beats the dogshit out of him. lets be real here lol

Juntai
Superman is in a different league.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer destroys. There isn't a single thing Superman can do to a CIS/PIS'less Surfer.

Replace Superman with Hulk and you would be right, Gammite!

Juntai
watch how Surfer performs against a trans tier like Thanos.
Then see how Superman performs against trans tiers like Despero.
Watch how Surfer performs against a godlike character like Odin.
See how Superman performs against a godkiller, like Darkseid.
See how Surfer performs against a powerful cosmic like Galactus.
See how Superman compares .. .

It's just very different leagues. A determined Superman one shots guys that would treat Surfer like an insignificant insect.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Wait when did Superman physically beat the actual darkseid in combat? in seconds? laughing out loud

The despero that got stomped by a mid tier chick recently?

abhilegend
laughing out loud laughing out loud THAT'S because he does win, it's been a known fact among the public that surfer will always win. KMC is STARTING to see this. Surfer has FAR too many options to stomp Clark, its only the ignorant minority (super fans) that hates this
laughing out loud

MrMind
Wait when did Superman physically beat the actual darkseid in combat? in seconds? laughing out loud

The despero that got stomped by a mid tier chick recently?

Why can't you be banned a little longer

carver9
Despero is no Thanos and Darkseid is no Odin. Thanos would destroy Despero and Odin would annihilate Darkseid. Bad comparison. Surfer wins this almost every single time imo.

h1a8
Despero is no Thanos and Darkseid is no Odin. Thanos would destroy Despero and Odin would annihilate Darkseid. Bad comparison. Surfer wins this almost every single time imo.

I disagree that Odin would destroy Darkseid.
But certainly Thanos wouldn't destroy Darkseid.

cdtm
WTF.

Disagree.

Is your argument that if Frank Castle has Wolverines Adamantium claws, and kills Thanos with them, that Logan can not use this feat to prove he can kill Thanos?

Because I'd argue a good faith argument would separate the context of variability in, say, a Green Lantern user like Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan using esoteric constructs, vs something like Frank Castle getting Logan's Adamantium and doing something within Logans ability.

Or for a closer analogy, can we say if Inza Nelson, Doctor Fate's wife, fixes traffic lights in New York City with her magic, that Kent Nelson or Nabu can do the same? Even if they never have?

DarkSaint85
Disagree.

Is your argument that if Frank Castle has Wolverines Adamantium claws, and kills Thanos with them, that Logan can not use this feat to prove he can kill Thanos?

Because I'd argue a good faith argument would separate the context of variability in, say, a Green Lantern user like Kyle Rayner or Hal Jordan using esoteric constructs, vs something like Frank Castle getting Logan's Adamantium and doing something within Logans ability.

Or for a closer analogy, can we say if Inza Nelson, Doctor Fate's wife, fixes traffic lights in New York City with her magic, that Kent Nelson or Nabu can do the same? Even if they never have?

Very poor analogies all-round.

Using claws at the end of one's fist to stab is a very different proposition to using the PC in a way that no user before or since has done. Moreover, you're using two characters (Frank and Logan) who are very similar in fighting style, knowledge and attitude, as an analogy with Surfer and Doom.

If it were so simple, and so easy, then show SURFER doing it, not Doom. Hell, one could even extend and say fine, show ANY of the other heralds (all of whom have the Power Cosmic) doing the same.

That's ignoring the entire mod ruling of not sharing feats.

We know BRB is Thor's equal - in BRB's very first showing, he was shown this explicitly.

Stormbreaker is also EXPLICITLY the equal of Mjolnir.

But we don't share feats.

cdtm
Hey, it's not like he needs it anyways. smile

Literally tanking punch's from Hulks and various energy draining feats should be enough to prove Supes can't one shot him before the solar energy is ripped from his system.

Putinbot1
A mod is still manipulating the poll... which of you gentlemen are doing this?

Putinbot1
Is doing this?

Sin I AM
Sooooo...Deadpool XXX and Alberto are the same person?

DeadpoolXXX
no, i do not have a retarded alter ego.

are you referring to the posts at the beginning of the last page? if so read them again. carefully.

cdtm

Correct.

DeadpoolXXX
calm down, Wonder Man.

thumb up

cdtm
I wish. Wonder Man is the coolest one here.

DeadpoolXXX
laughing out loud no argument there.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud my name is always in somebody mouth. that's like so unhealthy, you guys need a chic or sum

DeadpoolXXX
blame sin

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
no, i do not have a retarded alter ego.

are you referring to the posts at the beginning of the last page? if so read them again. carefully.

I stand corrected. Please continue

StiltmanFTW

They are both Quan.

DeadpoolXXX
quan is the father of us all. thumb up

-Pr-
I wrote this on the third ****ing page:

Originally posted by -Pr-
Everyone:

1. Feats aren't transferable.
2. Stop being such utter *****. Please.

WTF is wrong with you lot?

Damborgson

StiltmanFTW

Go to the Movie Forum, versus section.

It was revealed there that everyone who has ever posted on this site is actually an aspect of Quan.

You just need to accept it.

https://i.ibb.co/55vY0hK/weareallquan.png

ShadowFyre
AsgardianThunderDick6969 is Stilts primary (he has 12) pornhub account

xJLxKing
12 that you know of

carver9
A mod is still manipulating the poll... which of you gentlemen are doing this?

Hhhhmmmm

StiltmanFTW
Probably all of them.

Galan and Pr are superman fanboys.

And Bada just likes to screw with Whirly for no reason.

Diesldude

Putinbot1
Superman is pulling away but the votes are too high now to be realistic.

xJLxKing
Shockingly I only voted recently so I would say unrealistic

cdtm
I wrote this on the third ****ing page:

In my defense, I was arguing with DS's logic about why the feat shouldn't transfer, and not for its legitimacy in the thread.

Which is kind of an off topic rant, thinking about it in hindsight.

I mean, is there anyone who would really argue any unique thing any GL did, Hal Jordan can not do? I sure would not.

But rules are rules.

DarkSaint85
If you had a character who was famed for his intelligence and will (like Doom), had weaponry and gadgets that others didn't have which could be powered by the PC (like Doom), was a villain (so wouldn't be encumbered by morals, like Doom) AND was imaginative enough to utilise said PC in ways Surfer has never before or since displayed (like....well, Doom), then sure, let's share feats.

darthgoober
If you had a character who was famed for his intelligence and will (like Doom), had weaponry and gadgets that others didn't have which could be powered by the PC (like Doom), was a villain (so wouldn't be encumbered by morals, like Doom) AND was imaginative enough to utilise said PC in ways Surfer has never before or since displayed (like....well, Doom), then sure, let's share feats.
As I said before, I don't personally count Doom's feat for Norrin, but we can't really say he hasn't done it since anymore given the feat Celey pointed out...

https://ibb.co/V2TTPF0

I didn't even notice the feat when I read the issue(so props to C for spotting it), but it does read like pretty much the same thing Doom did/Flash does. It hasn't been used enough to say for sure how potent it is when Norrin's the one doing, but at the very least it looks like proof of a basic speed steal(unless there's something going on in the scan I'm unaware of course).

BrolyBlack

laughing out loud

Have you lost your mind?

celeyhyga17
As I said before, I don't personally count Doom's feat for Norrin, but we can't really say he hasn't done it since anymore given the feat Celey pointed out...

I didn't even notice the feat when I read the issue(so props to C for spotting it), but it does read like pretty much the same thing Doom did/Flash does. It hasn't been used enough to say for sure how potent it is when Norrin's the one doing, but at the very least it looks like proof of a basic speed steal(unless there's something going on in the scan I'm unaware of course).
Nothing odd. He stilled molecules in the area and halted them from vibrating. It prevented that planet avatar from calling out to Dawn Greenwood.

DarkSaint85

Its not quite the same as what Doom did, hence my point. He didn't shoot it from his eyes etc. He's NEVER done it in that way before or since.

Had Alberto led with that in the first place, sure, maybe we'd have an argument. But using Doom, with a method that Doom used which has NEVER been replicated by Surfer? No.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Lmao, Surfer can definiately do that though. confirmed by Celey's scan supporting it further

But Saint, I wasn't actually done. What happens when Surfer phases Superman's brain, heart, internal organs, etc out like he did with Dawn here?

https://i.postimg.cc/YvnMWYs9/2Mxh6el.jpg

DarkSaint85
And what if Superman sings him out of existence?

AlbertoJohnAvil
No, no, no, you gotta answer my question first.

DarkSaint85
Seeing as Dawn was able to react to him, Superman would KO him the nanosecond he feels any organs being phased out. There you go.

AlbertoJohnAvil
When has Superman ever resist his organs being phased out

DarkSaint85

No no no now answer my question

Damborgson

SquallX

You do know Clark can also vibrate his body right?

darthgoober

darthgoober
Oops double post

h1a8
I'm not arguing for him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but the idea that Surfer would easily get dragged into a melee falls flat IMO. It's been repeatedly ruled on that characters will use common sense when it comes to defensive speed in forum fight. That would apply to Surfer too and the guy can be a real pain to hit when he's trying to be evasive. I'm in no way suggesting that he'd be unhittable by someone like Supes, I'm just disagreeing with the notion that Surfer will be the only character who never thinks to get out of the way of a charging opponent in a forum fight.

How would you feel like a fight against Thanos would go?
Would Surfer get hit?
How about with Thor?

I say that if he always uses his speed and reactions to avoid being hit by Superman then he should be able to against Thanos or Thor in a forum fight (although he does not lol).

And Thanos isn't immune to black holes. Eventually he will fall to the tactic.

darthgoober
Originally posted by h1a8
How would you feel like a fight against Thanos would go?
Would Surfer get hit?
How about with Thor?

I say that if he always uses his speed and reactions to avoid being hit by Superman then he should be able to against Thanos or Thor in a forum fight (although he does not lol).

And Thanos isn't immune to black holes. Eventually he will fall to the tactic.
Hell IDK, Thanos is all over the place nowadays. And against Thor I think the Asgardian would probably have a tough time getting in a good hit too in a forum fight. I wouldn't say it would be impossible for Thor either though, because he does have a history of being able to throw that hammer pretty freaking fast when he wants.

Juntai
Despero is no Thanos and Darkseid is no Odin. Thanos would destroy Despero and Odin would annihilate Darkseid. Bad comparison. Surfer wins this almost every single time imo. Despero and Thanos are in the same tier of ability. Which is tiers that Superman can one shot. Superman also beats the tier above that. And the tier above that. This level of characters hardly register as threats to Superman when he's done playing.

Darkseid would kill Odin as easy as he did Zues. Effortless, and that was while he was weak.

h1a8
Hell IDK, Thanos is all over the place nowadays. And against Thor I think the Asgardian would probably have a tough time getting in a good hit too in a forum fight. I wouldn't say it would be impossible for Thor either though, because he does have a history of being able to throw that hammer pretty freaking fast when he wants.

But Thor often telegraphs. He whirls the hammer almost every time to build up speed before throwing it. Surfer is supposed to have light speed reflexes anyway, so that shouldn't fly in a forum fight right?

And there is no excuse for Thanos. There is no way he should be able to punch Surfer in the face while Surfer is able to react to Superman's speed. That would be a contradiction. Can't have it both ways.

Either he can react to Superman and become hittable to Thanos or he can't react to Superman and is hittable for Thanos. It's one or the other as Superman and Thanos have a vast difference in speed in a forum fight.

darthgoober
But Thor often telegraphs. He whirls the hammer almost every time to build up speed before throwing it. Surfer is supposed to have light speed reflexes anyway, so that shouldn't fly in a forum fight right?

And there is no excuse for Thanos. There is no way he should be able to punch Surfer in the face while Surfer is able to react to Superman's speed. That would be a contradiction. Can't have it both ways.

Either he can react to Superman and become hittable to Thanos or he can't react to Superman and is hittable for Thanos. It's one or the other as Superman and Thanos have a vast difference in speed in a forum fight.
Often, not always. I said Norrin should be tough for him to hit, just not impossible.

You're only saying that because you're working backwards. Thanos hitting Surfer could theoretically be because of PIS holding Surfer back, or it could be because he's just fast enough to do that somehow. I'm not trying to make the claim either way. My only point is that the rules on speed apply to Surfer too.

carver9

Grundy shouldn't be able to land a punch in Superman face but he does. What are you implying here? Are you saying because Thanos and Thor hit Surfer, that Surfer is slow? Does this apply to Superman as well? Since Kalibak, Grundy and Ikon hit Superman, does that make his reflexes bad?

StiltmanFTW
I see what you're saying, carv. And I'd even agree with you...

... but, as much as it pains me to say it, Supes actually does get very good combat speed feats from time to time, unlike the ones such as Thor or Surfer.

BrolyBlack
Grundy shouldn't be able to land a punch in Superman face but he does. What are you implying here? Are you saying because Thanos and Thor hit Surfer, that Surfer is slow? Does this apply to Superman as well? Since Kalibak, Grundy and Ikon hit Superman, does that make his reflexes bad?

Superman atomizes SS with a single punch. He ceases to exists in all times lines. He would hit Surver so hard people in the real world forget about it him

StiltmanFTW
Goober would never forget.

DarkSaint85

You tell us.

Is Thanos slow? Let's start from there.

StiltmanFTW
Quanos is faster than Barry and Wally, but regular Dione can be blitzed to shit by any competent "metastreet" character.

Philosophía

Putinbot1
Goober would never forget. I like Goobs, but I agree buddy!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>