Quint Lane (Giant Lycan) vs Mighty Joe Young

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyrannoraptor
The giant Lycan/werewolf from "Underworld: Awakening" vs the titular giant gorilla.

Betatesthighlan
original Joe or remake Joe?

ShadowFyre
Damn, I love me some Mighty Joe Young

KingD19
Quint should win. Iirc he and Joe(at least from the remake I haven't watched in years) are similar in size. Buuuuut Quint is a battle-hardened fighter who has claws, fangs, insane strength even for his size as well as speed and agility. And most importantly, a ridiculous healing factor.

TheVaultDweller
Quint probably stomps to be honest. Even Selene only managed to beat him by exploiting his healing and trapping a silver grenade inside his body.

bdupI_5Xqvo

Tyrannoraptor
Uh oh, this looks like the wrong opponent for Joe!

ShadowFyre
Hold up. Let me look at Joe's feats. Been awhile

TheVaultDweller
They have pretty similar strength levels, based on feats, both being able to relatively casually move cars about:

iwYsDEquH1U

Problem is Quint has nigh-instant regeneration and claws that can casually slice through elevator cables. Every swipe is going to leave a bloody wound whereas Joe would basically need to perform some kind of one-shot decapitation or something to realistically stand a chance. And Joe himself got KO'd from falling off a ferris wheel:

_UfUf652D50

And, of course, we've actually seen Quint tear through superhuman vampires and such. I just don't see how Joe doesn't get shredded here.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Mighty Joe punches the lycans head right off his body.

riv6672

KingD19
After reviewing both, Quint definitely wins. He's smarter than Joe, faster, stronger, tougher, far more vicious, has a healing factor so fast he got stabbed in the brain and was just fine, and Selene used it to her advantage to plant a silver grenade in his stomach. Plus he has fangs and claws that are essentially swords with how big he is.

And on the topic of strength, he's so much stronger than Joe it's not even funny. We see Joe move a small car with people in it a few feet. We see Quint toss cars like he's chest passing a basketball and swat them out of his way with one hand like they're weightless.

In all likelihood Joe like Vault said, gets shredded, because Quint is bigger than him, and can heal any blunt force trauma Joe causes while at the same time tearing him to pieces and Joe can't heal from any of that.

riv6672

KingD19
I cant tell you what to pick. But saying he punches his head off doesnt really hold any weight when you can watch both movies and compare them and see Quint is stronger bigger and tougher. But it's up to you who you pick.

ShadowFyre
I just wanted to say that. I totally forgot about this match and did no research. I am basing this entirely off of Joe being in my childhood and Quint has a dumbass name.

Joe wins10/10

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I just wanted to say that. I totally forgot about this match and did no research. I am basing this entirely off of Joe being in my childhood and Quint has a dumbass name.

Joe wins10/10
^^^Works for me!

Plus, Charlize Theron >>>>> Kate Beckinsale

John Murdoch
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Joe wins10/10

As well-informed opinion as you can get, MJY gets the dub here.

ShadowFyre
Lol in all seriousness I still think Joe could be as strong. You gotta remember he is like Coco the gorilla, he is scared and not that aggressive. None of it matters because of Quints HF tho. Be a good fight to see.

Maybe George from Rampage but that would be a shitstomp

riv6672
I really liked Rampage! That was a really good gorilla movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.