Youtube Atrocities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Youtube has the awful habit of spamming recommendations and keep forcing it on people. it gets really annoying as the website would not stop.

Examples of trash spam in the recommendations.

1. Saturday Night Live

2. Mr. Bean

3. America's Got Talent

Whats the worst recommendations you delt with on Youtube.

dadudemon
I don't see those recommendations.

Ever.

But then again, I've been using YouTube since ebaumsworld was the biggest content provider of videos on the web. So the "algorithms" must be trained not to give me the default pop-culture content.

If you see content you don't like, click the three dots (or tap the 3 dots), and tell YouTube you're not interested. Train the algorithm to serve you. Else, YouTube will just keep serving up videos you don't like because those are the pop-culture defaults. And paid content that companies pay to sort to the top.

Surtur
When it comes to SNL clips...is it at least providing clips of when it used to be funny or is it current SNL? If it's the latter that is shameful indeed.

Lord Lucien
The only thing I watch on YouTube is toy unboxing videos for small children and those are the only videos YouTube ever recommends me, so I'm not seeing any problem with the algorithm.

SquallX
Originally posted by robotflug
Youtube has the awful habit of spamming recommendations and keep forcing it on people. it gets really annoying as the website would not stop.

Examples of trash spam in the recommendations.

1. Saturday Night Live

2. Mr. Bean

3. America's Got Talent

Whats the worst recommendations you delt with on Youtube.

How dare you sir! Mr. Bean is a damn icon!

robotflug
Originally posted by Surtur
When it comes to SNL clips...is it at least providing clips of when it used to be funny or is it current SNL? If it's the latter that is shameful indeed.

All of it is the currect SNL in the recommendations.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The only thing I watch on YouTube is toy unboxing videos for small children and those are the only videos YouTube ever recommends me, so I'm not seeing any problem with the algorithm.

I too watch completely innocent stuff like lolcats, toy reviews, and Dead or Alive characters with their T&A shaking. thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

My experience is almost the same. Except I get recommended videos of you watching YouTube videos.

robotflug
Youtube sure likes to have a poor taste in recommendations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.