Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

Galan007
Holy shit.

Impediment

Surtur
Awful

Putinbot1
Bloody hell, I don't follow Basketball, but even I know who he is. Damn! And damn sad!

kevdude
Wow terrible, only 41. Rip Kobe

SquallX
****!

Surtur
Just saw a tweet saying one of his kids was with him.

Tweet was from some guy who works for espn

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Just saw a tweet saying one of his kids was with him.

Tweet was from some guy who works for espn very sad stuff indeed tbh.

Galan007
Yeah, just saw that his 13 year old daughter also died in the crash. Terrible.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
San Antonio Spurs and Toronto Raptors Pay Emotional Tribute to Kobe Bryant By Running Out the Shot Clock

BrolyBlack

Lord Lucien
#NeverForget
#ThoughtsAndPrayers
#ADayThatWillLiveInInfamy
#AsBadAs9/11

Impediment
San Antonio Spurs and Toronto Raptors Pay Emotional Tribute to Kobe Bryant By Running Out the Shot Clock

F*cking awesome.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Bloody hell, I don't follow Basketball, but even I know who he is. Damn! And damn sad!

Same, never followed basketball but everyone knows who he is. Very sad. sad

ArtificialGlory
Helicopters are deathtraps, man.

Trocity
Awful that one of his daughters was there also. Hope the rest of his family is doing okay.

RIP

eThneoLgrRnae
Would you be "doing ok" if you had just suddenly lost two close family members in a horrific accident?

SquallX
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Would you be "doing ok" if you had just suddenly lost two close family members in a horrific accident?

You are misreading what he wrote.

Surtur
A Washington Post reporter was put on leave for immediately tweeting out an article from years ago about rape accusations against Kobe.

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
#NeverForget
#ThoughtsAndPrayers
#AsBadAs9/11

A warning to all posters: these edges are razor sharp, watch yourselves!

Jmanghan
RIP Kobe.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by SquallX
You are misreading what he wrote.

I didn't misread anything. I can actually read very well. Perhaps I misinterpreted it though. By "doing ok" I suppose he could've meant doing ok physically. But I'm sure they aren't doing so well emotionally right now.

Trocity

Why so hostile? And I've lost my share of people close to me, so give it a rest.

No idea why you would react to my comment like that.

Putinbot1

Why make a thread like this argumentative?

I didn't misread anything. I can actually read very well. Perhaps I misinterpreted it though. By "doing ok" I suppose he could've meant doing ok physically. But I'm sure they aren't doing so well emotionally right now.

Have some class Fly...
Seriously.

Surtur
A Washington Post reporter was put on leave for immediately tweeting out an article from years ago about rape accusations against Kobe.

Holy shit CNN and other reporters decided to get in on it too.

WaPo, CNN Reporters Spark Massive Backlash With 'Kobe Was A Rapist' Tweets

Surtur
Make no mistake: these reporters are doing this to bait people into sending them threatening emails or tweets so they can play the victim. This is not about "truth telling".

Putinbot1
Make no mistake: these reporters are doing this to bait people into sending them threatening emails or tweets so they can play the victim. This is not about "truth telling". let's stay classy and have some respect for a great athlete in this thread.

Surtur
let's stay classy and have some respect for a great athlete in this thread.

You sure didn't mind how un-classy the edgelord was:

#NeverForget
#ThoughtsAndPrayers
#AsBadAs9/11

I'm sure you just didn't see it thumb up

CaveDude33211
#NeverForget
#ThoughtsAndPrayers
#AsBadAs9/11

Funny how the name "Kobe Bryant" was synonymous with sexual assault.

But now that he dies, he's suddenly a "hero".

So when Roman Polanski passes away, he'll suddenly be known as a genius-director, instead of a rapist?

The real tragedy is that Kobe's innocent daughter was one of the victims.

And that the other people's deaths are unknown and overshadowed by the hype of a "heroic" sexual predator dying.

eThneoLgrRnae
Was he ever actually proven guilty of committing rape? Was he convicted of the crime?

If not, then he shouldn't be labelled one or a sexual predator. We shouldn't stoop to the level of crazy leftists by automatically believing all women's accusations of rape without actual evidence of any wrongdoing on the accused's part..

Surtur
Anyways, I think it's valid to point out the disgusting smears by the media.

They showed more respect for General Soleimani than they have Kobe. And the specific WaPo that was put on leave...when Kim Jong II died all she did was tweet that he died. There was nothing else, said nothing bad about him nor did she link to any articles about the bad shit he has done.

It's certainly not un-classy to point this out. What lacks class is the attempt to smear him.

Surtur
Was he ever actually proven guilty of committing rape? Was he convicted of the crime?

If not, then he shouldn't be labelled one or a sexual predator. We shouldn't stoop to the level of crazy leftists by automatically believing all women's accusations of rape without actual evidence of any wrongdoing on the accused's part..

No, they settled out of court. This article has some info:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-01-26/what-happened-kobe-bryant-sexual-assault-case

Accuser also admitted to lying about several details. Claimed she consented to the cops, but then changed the story.

Patient_Leech
Why make a thread like this argumentative?

Yeah, a lot of people here need to grow the fu#k up.

Surtur
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Funny how the name "Kobe Bryant" was synonymous with sexual assault.

Whenever I thought of Kobe I thought "basketball player" not "rapist". I suppose crazy people could indeed immediately think "raaape!" about him.

Well I personally don't view him as a hero.

False equivalency, Polanski plead guilty to rape. When dictators are cut more slack than a guy accused of rape there is a problem.

There are two tragedies here:

-the death of these people
-the sick smears

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

PB surely has the right to ask the question he asked and you have the right to respond(I am going to chuckle though if PB of all people agrees with you about people needing to grow up), but the question becomes: is it a good idea? I can't see how it won't just fuel the argument and keep it alive. eThneoLgrRnae had stopped discussing it and was instead asking about rape allegations against Kobe.

*shrug* Just my 2 cents.

eThneoLgrRnae
PB surely has the right to ask the question he asked and you have the right to respond(I am going to chuckle though if PB of all people agrees with you about people needing to grow up), but the question becomes: is it a good idea? I can't see how it won't just fuel the argument and keep it alive. eThneoLgrRnae had stopped discussing it and was instead asking about rape allegations against Kobe.

*shrug* Just my 2 cents.

His "people need to grow up" post is also hugely ironic coming from someone like him who is seriously infected with TDS and wants a duly elected president unjustly removed from office simply because he doesn't like him.

Btw, you can just call me Lone Ranger or simply LR if you prefer. I know it's probably quite tedious always having to type out my full user name.

Putinbot1
Yeah, a lot of people here need to grow the fu#k up. agreed thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, "agreed." And both of you are two of those that need to do some serious growing up. thumb up

FFS, you are over fifty years old, dude... and yet you still act like you're 12 because of your TDS.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, and like Surtur, I definitely don't view Kobe as a hero either. Basketball players aren't heroes I don't care how good they are at the game. Firefighters, policemen, border patrol, and veterans are heroes. Sports players are not.

With that said, I don't think he was a rapist either.

Surtur
agreed thumb up

https://media.tenor.com/images/b85413b368392ba78e647438f2366d46/tenor.gif

Surtur
Oh, and like Surtur, I definitely don't view Kobe as a hero either. Basketball players aren't heroes I don't care how good they are at the game. Firefighters, policemen, border patrol, and veterans are heroes. Sports players are not.

With that said, I don't think he was a rapist either.

It's disturbing to see some in the media treat it as if it's a fact he is a rapist. When discussed it should be how he was accused of rape. It should include evidence presented by the prosecutors, but also by the defense and should also mention the accuser admitted to lying about some things and at first claimed it was consensual. Let people make up their own minds.

And yes I do feel it should be discussed, but there is a time and a place for that. It'd be irresponsible for someone writing an article about Kobe's life not to mention it. That's not the same thing as reporters feeling the need to bring up the allegation in tweets announcing his death. Tweets and articles merely announcing he died are not meant to be obituaries.

I will also say that while I do find it funny the WaPo reporter was suspended I do not feel she should be suspended over what she did. However, apparently her immediately needing to link to an article about him being a rapist was only part of the reason for her suspension. The claim is part of the reason was she doxxed some of the people who emailed her threats. Though I gotta say I have no sympathy for someone getting doxxed if they threatened violence.

Robtard

Yep.

Surtur
laughing

Putinbot1
Good to see a thread about someone dying is full of such mirth for you Surt... no

Surtur
Good to see a thread about someone dying is full of such mirth for you Surt... no

Rob's comment was funny so I laughed.

jaden_2.0

Bill Clinton will be appreciative of your support.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

I don't support that p-o-s. Disgracing the White House with a BJ from an underage intern does not win my support lol.

jaden_2.0
But you don't believe he's a rapist though. Clearly

Surtur

IMO if Bill Clinton died today it would be wrong for the media to run to twitter to announce it in a manner such as "Bill Clinton, 42nd president and rapist, died today age 73".

Likewise, when they wrote articles about his life, it would be wrong for the media to talk about his being a rapist as if it's a fact.

eThneoLgrRnae
I do think he's a slimy p-o-s.

jaden_2.0
IMO if Bill Clinton died today it would be wrong for the media to run to twitter to announce it in a manner such as "Bill Clinton, 42nd president and rapist, died today age 73".

Likewise, when they wrote articles about his life, it would be wrong for the media to talk about his being a rapist as if it's a fact.

Ok.

jaden_2.0
With you guy's consistency and integrity I'm sure there won't be any posts or threads about Bill Clinton being a rapist. Not when he hasn't been convicted of it.

BrolyBlack
Has anyone blamed Trump yet for this?

jaden_2.0
Take a knee

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Has anyone blamed Trump yet for this?

No, but I was reading the comments section of an article about his death and someone linked to tweets of people wishing Trump had died instead of Kobe.

Surtur
With you guy's consistency and integrity I'm sure there won't be any posts or threads about Bill Clinton being a rapist. Not when he hasn't been convicted of it.

I'm not the media, but while I might troll about it I don't actually think he is a rapist. He could be a rapist...in the same way Trump could be, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And the more powerful and famous the person is the less the "there are multiple accusers so it is more valid" argument holds weight for me.

Mileage may vary!

BrolyBlack

Surtur

Surtur
Kobe Bryant flew in thick fog that had grounded law enforcement helicopters

Damn

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

BackFire
Really sad stuff, horrible that his daughter died with him.

FYI, I learned about this from a post Imp made on facebook the other day. Imp breaks news better than anyone.

Jmanghan
A warning to all posters: these edges are razor sharp, watch yourselves!

Stringer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.