Beyond the Magic immunity is SBP above Supes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I wonder if SBP is really above Supes sometimes.

DarkSaint85
Paradoxically, Krypto and Superboy did better against SBP than Superman did. Maybe it's that holding back mindset thing.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Paradoxically, Krypto and Superboy did better against SBP than Superman did. Maybe it's that holding back mindset thing. I think it could be because eventually Kal L and Kal El did manhandle him.

Adam Grimes
Paradoxically, Krypto and Superboy did better against SBP than Superman did. Maybe it's that holding back mindset thing. Well, tbf against Krypto he was sun depleted and Conner is trans.

xJLxKing
Every stat that Superman has, Superboy beats it.

The gap lately is getting smaller but we will see after SBPs return

-Pr-
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I wonder if SBP is really above Supes sometimes.

imo Prime is what Superman would be if he hadn't grown up constantly having to hold himself back from completely wrecking the world around them.

I don't think there's much difference in their power ceiling, but Prime just tends to reach it far more easily than Superman does.

Galan007
I feel like Superman, when completely unleashed/bloodlusted(ala OWAW), could match...and probably even exceed...Prime.

However, Superman reaching a fully 'no holds barred' mental state like that is an extreeeeemely rare occurrence. He's done it, what? Two or three times in his entire 80+ year character history?

Adam Grimes
I mean, yeah. But that would mean Superman needs to go all out to match a Prime who performs his feats casually with a smile on his face...

There's been multiple instances of Superman failing to stop Prime even with all the heroes in the world assisting him.

Galan007
Because Prime is always in that 'unleashed' mindset. He wants to rip apart everthing in his path -- killing is fun for him.

Superman, however, virtually always hold back against everyone he faces... Even when he shouldn't.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I mean, yeah. But that would mean Superman needs to go all out to match a Prime who performs his feats casually with a smile on his face...

There's been multiple instances of Superman failing to stop Prime even with all the heroes in the world assisting him.

thumb up

What Prime casually does is indeed a rare occurrence for Big Blue.

I had not thought of that way.

CosmicComet
I don't see Prime doing Supes' best feats. Which are far better than anything he has done.

Prime isn't cosmologically important enough to be able to. he doesn't have Supes' written in stone metatextual necessity.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by Damborgson
thumb up

What Prime casually does is indeed a rare occurrence for Big Blue.

I had not thought of that way. you guys are thinking about it wrong though.

if superman went into a fight fully unhinged and unleashed like prime always is, he'd be wrecking house just as casually. take the owaw example galan mentioned- superman wasnt restraining himself there and was oneshotting imperiex probes with no effort at all.

all clark has to do is let go and bam, he's at that level.

SquallX

Philosophía
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

There's been multiple instances of Superman failing to stop Prime even with all the heroes in the world assisting him. Well, the 'holding back' part has nothing to do with how casual you are, or not.

Superman casually tore through an army of Imperiex Probes once he changed his mindset, but beforehand he seriously struggled with one while ridiculously angry: https://imgur.com/a/g9Nic

It's about breaking the subconscious barriers that is keeping his power in check, not his level of chill.

Prime is a guy who just simply Superman who has never put subconscious and conscious barriers over his power throughout his entire life, because he didn't need to, so he's just punching through people and crying/laughing about it randomly.

Putinbot1
I think we all agree that Supes can match even GASBP

Damborgson

StiltmanFTW
Still got beat by Tim and Damian thumb up

DeadpoolXXX
@damborgson

i still think youre looking at it wrong. when superman stops holding back and unleashes, hes doing things "casually" as well. again- he was busting through imperiex probes like they were made of cardboard during owaw. no apparent effort whatsoever.

it all has to do with mindset. prime is always IN that mindset but superman rarely is. WHEN superman lets go and enters that mindset he can do things just as easily as prime. thats my point

xJLxKing

Damborgson

Damborgson

Parmaniac
I'd also put Prime's ability to absorb sunlight or better said his efficiency above Supes.

He went from being down for the count to herald wrecking with a single ray of sunlight basically instantly.

DarkSaint85
Conversely,whilst starved of sunlight,Supes was able to smash a planet....

Philosophía
And while beaten up, was able to break chains that move suns across the Universe.....speaking of Prime rearranging the Universe.

I think the point of contention is 'casualness'. And, as I said before, the correlation between anger and power accessed is not really existent. It's more about motivation

JBL
Far above.

DeadpoolXXX

Putinbot1
Conversely,whilst starved of sunlight,Supes was able to smash a planet.... thumb up

Diesldude
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'd also put Prime's ability to absorb sunlight or better said his efficiency above Supes.

He went from being down for the count to herald wrecking with a single ray of sunlight basically instantly. his powers work differently.

Diesldude

Adam Grimes

Philosophía
Oh, Byrne Superman was definitely below Pre-Crisis kryptonians to a very large extent . Supes started approaching pre-Crisis somewhere post-Infinite Crisis , and went full-on meta-unbeatable with Final Crisis onwards. Then New52 started , but even there he had feats of strength above his post-Crisis self, and then it all got integrated in Rebirth, he got even older and...we're present day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.