Metroid -- Game 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
In the year 2000 of the history of the cosmos, representatives from the many different planets in the galaxy established a congress called the Galactic Federation, and an age of prosperity began. A successful exchange of cultures and civilization resulted, and thousands of interstellar spaceships ferried back and forth between planets. But space
pirates also appeared to attack the spaceships.

The Federation Bureau created the Galactic Federation Police, but the pirates' attacks were powerful and it was not easy to catch them in the vastness of space. The Federation Bureau and the Federation Police called together warriors known for their great courage and sent them to do battle with the pirates. These great warriors were called
"space hunters." They received large rewards when they captured pirates, and made their living as space bounty hunters.

Recently, a terrible thing has occured. Space Pirates have attacked a deep-space research spaceship and seized a capsule containing an unknown life-form that had just been discovered on Planet SR388. This
life-form is in a state of suspended animation, but can be reactivated and will multiply when exposed to beta rays for 24 hours. It is suspected that the entire civilization of Planet SR388 was destroyed by some unknown person or thing, and there is a strong possibility that the life-form just discovered was the cause of the planet's destruction. To carelessly let it multiply would be extremely dangerous. The Federation researchers had named it "Metroid" and were bringing it back to Earth-- when it was stolen by the space pirates!

The Galactic Federation is still thinking of a way to deal with the Space Pirates on Zebes. The planet Zebes, a Class 5B planet, is a natural fortress. Its crust is composed primarily of Urthic ore, which can withstand heavy bombings. And so far no one has taken the job of infiltrating the complicated maze that the Pirates have constructed under the surface.

But for all of the strategic greatness of their headquarter's location, the Space Pirates are running out of supplies. Foodstuffs and building materials are rare on Zebes, and the Pirates are fresh out of both. Therefore, they have gone on many raiding parties across the galaxy in their decisive starfighters and large transports.

The most recent raid has started on K-2L, where the Chozo and humankind have set up a colony and live in peace. The colony was ill-prepared for such an attack, and the reports are not looking good. The soldiers already there are being pushed back towards the gate of the colony, and the Chozo warriors are few in number.

Bounty Hunters across the galaxy have been sent an offer. The Galactic Federation is offering a large amount of money for your services on K-2L, and encourage you to get to the outpost near K-2L. And you see the zeros roll across the screen, you eagerly accept. You set your coordinates for the outpost and take off.

The Galactic Federation Police are being sent to K-2L as well, to aid the soldiers and Chozo that are still alive. The Soldiers quickly gear up. Immediately they hop into their suits of armor. Most are blue, but the high ranking leaders of the GFP are wearing green and red. In the armory, the soldiers all grab high-powered rifles and less powerful but still lethal pistols.

Captain REX
The Bounty Hunters are loaded onto troopships, separate from the Soldiers. The bulky troopships are heavily armored, making you all feel secure.

The bounty hunters on the Crimson Beam quickly take their seats. Coincidentally, the four of you sit next to each other. Josh Renard (General Kaliero), Christopher Pernam (Bespin Bart), Daran Foley (Mah), and John McArny (yerssot) sit next to each other on the ship. You've all met before, but it has been a long long time since you have crossed paths. You all love action and you all love being paid, though some of you have your own reasons for fighting the Space Pirates. Though you are all relatively new to the business, you are all very lethal hunters and quite renowned for your fights against the Pirates.

The Soldiers are loaded onto similar troopships, but their troopships are more heavily armed, with cannons bristling from the sides, the top, and the bottom. After grabbing their weapons, the slide down into the loading hatch and take their seats. Some of them arm the turrets on the sides of the troopship.

K'lun Gohep (Genral Zink), you feel odd amongst all these human beings. Being a Zebesian, you stick out like a sore thumb. And the fact that the Zebesians are now allied with the Space Pirates isn't helping that feeling any bit. Another bad thing is that your troopship is called the Target Practice because of how much fire it attracts. You were the first on the ship because you always have your customized Zebesian weapons with you, so you have a good seat next to the cockpit and the large viewports that allow the gunners to have good range of sight.

Soon both sets of ships leave the outpost and soon arrive in the space near K-2L. Your ships are immediately rocked with laser fire from the speedy Pirate starships. A medium-sized Pirate cruiser is hovering above the planet and blasting down other ships entering the area quickly. Lone bounty hunter ships are attempting to take it down, but it is not looking good for them.

K'lun, you wince as a blast hits close to the viewport. Your second set of eyelids go down to protect your eyes from the light. The four bounty hunters do a similar thing as a missile wizzes by your transport and obliterates another. Some of the wreckage skids off the side of the troopship, your sound sensors in your helmets muting the screeching noise for you.

If your ships survive this part of the flight, you will reach the planet in less than 10 minutes.

Bespin Bart
Chris frowns. "Well, what a good start to a battle. Nearly being blown to pieces by a Pirate missile..."

"If we die, I'd like to catch up on things with you three before that happens. How's life?"

genral zink
K'lun shields his eyes with his hand for extra protection. He looks around the ship, reading the expressions on the faces of the other soldiers.

Captain REX
Your voice filters through the helmet. The others on the Crimson Beam look at you like your insane, Chris. Most of the other bounty hunters are new to the business as well, and are not keeping their cool very well. You wait for the others to reply.

--

As you scan the crowded seats, you read many expressions. Fear, bravery, anger, sadness, etc. Most of the bravery comes from the general near the cockpit door. General Ylar Vesmos, as you recall. He is a wolf-like soldier, well-built, and famous throughout the army. For his great services, he received a beamsword as a gift from the Galactic Federation Council.

mah
"Life's not too good. You could say that's why I chose this job; don't have much reason to stay home anyways."

yerssot
*is silent, doesn't wastes energie on talking*

Bespin Bart
"Yeah same here. I was supposed to be doing a mission for the GF on Tallon IV, to visit the Chozo there for some reason. Anyway, didn't get to the surface. They canceled the mission for this one."

genral zink
"General Vesmos, how do you think the battle will go?" K'lun asks. "What's the plan?"

General Kaliero
"I just want to get paid," Josh says, doing some basic maintenance on his arm cannon.

After a pause, he looks up. "Oh, alright, I want to blast some pirates too. If there's two things I hate, it's Pirates, and Zebesians."

Bespin Bart
"Yeah, nothing is more fun that blasting Pirates with friends," Chris says. He performs maintenance on his arm cannon as well.

"I found a Wave Beam upgrade, but I was injured on T33-A and lost it. It would be useful here..."

yerssot
*sighs*
*double checks weapons*

Bespin Bart
"You don't like to talk much do you John?" Chris asks. He too double checks his systems.

Captain REX
As you four talk amongst yourselves, your ship is being rocked by laser fire. Four more missiles fly by and collide with the other gunships. One is incredibly close to you, and your helmets continue to mute the sound of blaster fire and screeching metal. The Crimson Beam is now flying incredibly close to the Pirate flagship, and you all begin to float as the gravity simulator is blown off by Pirate fire. John hits his head on the ceiling.

--

"The plan is that we get into the city and save whoever we can," General Vesmos tells you. "We're looking at about 500 Pirates of several varieties. You'd better be ready to use that new Charge Beam I put in your rifle, Zebe." Ug, you hate it when he calls you Zebe...

Bespin Bart
Chris grabs some piping and pulls his way down to his seat.

"I wish I had brought my own ship. I would be out there defending this hunk of junk right now..." Chris mutters unhappily as he straps himself in.

genral zink
"Don't call me Zebe," K'lun says to the General. "And thanks for the Charge Beam. I'm sure I can find a use for it in this fight."

"How long has the battle been occuring?"

Captain REX
That's what you hate about these kind of missions, Chris, even though you've only heard of them before. The Galactic Federation thinks their shielding is better. You agree with that, but their pilots are crappy...

--

"Hey, whatever, and you're welcome," the General says. He doesn't hear the last thing you asked as two missiles strike the rear of the ship.

"We're going to make a crashlanding, General!" the copilot calls from the front seat.

"Oh damn...make sure your safety restrainst are well fastened!" the General orders.

--

Your ships are now entering the atmosphere of K-2L. Out the portholes you can see very little because of the smoke rising from the surface or from your ships. You can tell that the surface is mostly covered in brownish-blue soil and a few thick forests.

Both of your ships are going to make crashlandings. The Crimson Beam has been hit too many times in bad places and the Target Practice has been hit with two or three missiles.

All of you strap yourselves in as the turbulence and heat in the ships rise, but it all comes to a halt as your ships plow through a field about half a mile apart.

yerssot
"stick together and don't do anything foolish here people!"

genral zink
K'lun gets up and looks around to see if anyone is injured.

"Is everybody alright?" K'lun asks as he grabs his rifle from off the ground. He heads for the exit.

General Kaliero
"I'm really wishing I hadn't passed up that mag-boots upgrade," Josh grumbles as he pulls himself down and straps in.

"Don't get shot!" he yells helpfully to the pilots.

yerssot
"I think that thought crossed everyones mind, Josh"

mah
"Ah, finally down. I hate these kind of flights."

Captain REX
As you step out the door, a hail of red and green lasers pour in your direction. One bounty hunter near you guys is shot too many times, and falls with one more shot to the head. You strafe through the fire, but it is hard to pick your targets to fire back at. They are hiding in the long grass on the field, keeping low and popping up for an occassional burst of fire. Another bounty hunter in a large grey suit beckons you to get closer to him. He has fought his way up the field and is blasting down quite a few pirates with a HUGE arm cannon.

--

K'lun, as you are the first step from the ship, a Space Pirate is almost directly on top of you. His large claws grab at you, trying to crush your head. You take a shot at him with your rifle, but the shot bounces off. The Pirate charges up his laser to finish you off...

But a glowing blade passes through the Pirate, splitting it in half. General Vesmos then sheaths his beamsword and steps over you. "Get up Zebe, we've got a battle to fight."

Captain REX
Choose whatever tactics you like as you advance, btw.

genral zink
"Thanks General," K'lun says.

He fires rapidly at any nearby Pirates. He uses his charge beam on any armored ones.

General Kaliero
"I think I'll stick by him," Josh says as he runs over to the grey hunter.

He starts blasting away at any target, his mind running through all upgrades that would help right now...

Captain REX
As your mind runs through the upgrades, a shot hits your shoulder. The armor's shielding protects you, but it reminds you to keep focused on the battle. Chozo suits won't protect you if you don't focus, ya know?

--

No armored ones currently. They are usually leading the packs of Pirates, much like General Vesmos is leading you and your fellow soldiers.

As all of you advance up the field, the bounty hunters following the grey hunter and K'lun following the General, many others are shot down. Amateur bounty hunters and newbs in the GFP are blasted by the Pirates. Your two groups meet separated from the others who landed closer to the city. Josh, you spot K'lun, and almost raise your cannon to blast him, but he disappears from site as the big grey hunter steps past you.

Your groups have been considerably cut down. There are only you 4, the grey hunter, and three others. You must now fight your way up a hill. No problem, right? Wrong. A purple-armored Pirates, 5 average Pirates with blasters, and

yerssot
and?
missed a part rex?

ElmStreetFan01
"Sarget Rex, We're being attacked by giant bugs."-Artemis. "Let's being out the Nuke's."-Artemis.

yerssot
if you want to join, PM Rex, if not, don't post please

General Kaliero
Ja. Listen to Yerss.

BTW, what's the "and", REX?

Captain REX
(Oops, sorry. My parent's rushed me. roll eyes (sarcastic) )

A purple-armored Pirates, 5 average Pirates with blasters, and a few domesticated animals, apparently Beetles. Seeing as there are no Researchers with you, you don't know how to handle them or any thing else about them. You try shooting, and that seems to work as four of them explode into a mist of green goo. You can deal with whatever you want first...

yerssot
and where do we have to go to?

General Kaliero
Wherever's behind the buggers.

Josh fires off a volley at the approaching bugs.

Captain REX
You are fighting your way up a hill currently. Once you wipe out most or all of the Pirates and Beetles up here, you'll have a free dash towards the city.

---

John, a Beetle paws the ground with one of it's 6 instectoid legs. It prepares to charge at you, intending to knock you backwards a few feet.

Bespin Bart
Chris fires rapidly at the Beetles and at the nearest Space Pirate.

Captain REX
Josh, you blast two bugs to pieces. Chris's shots finish the Beetles off, but the Pirate he shot at dodges and takes a few quick shots at him.

General Kaliero
(OOC: I can't write 3rd-person. Shifting into 1st.)

I immediately jump, knocking Chris out of the blasts' way. I land on my shoulder, roll, and come up again, firing at the Pirate.

Captain REX
Your heroic action keeps a shot from hitting Chris full in the face, but a second shot hits you in the shoulder. Your return fire catches the Pirate in the left leg, but he continues firing, closing in on you.

Bespin Bart
"Thanks Josh," Chris says as he gets up. He also fires at the Pirate, strafing around to the Pirate's side.

genral zink
K'lun charges up a shot from his rifle and lets it fly, aimed at a Pirate.

Captain REX
Chris, your first few shots miss the Pirate as it hops around and rolls, but one of them manages to hit the blaster mounted on it's arm. It gives a cry of fear and pain as the rest of your shots hit it in the chest, frying the thing. It falls, oozing blood from it's wounds.

K'lun, your shot is well aimed, and you vaporize the Pirate's left arm. It is now unarmed, and falls to the ground as General Vesmos finishes it off with his pistol.

It starts raining. The green and red blood on the ground are mixed into the mud by your feet. Rain drizzles down your visors, and drip off of K'lun's exo-skeleton. Your suits don't seem to mind the rain, and you find it refreshing.

General Kaliero
I continue to fire at any buggers I can still see.

yerssot
erm... same as kaliero big grin
(though I would like to stand behind a rock or tree or something)

General Kaliero
Coward. J/K big grin

yerssot
no, just not uptodate with this game (never played a metroid game)

mah
Daren crouches down, fires, and moves, then gets to shooting again, as he progresses through the landscape.

genral zink
(You should play one, Yerss...)

K'lun charges up his gun again and fires at the purple-armored Pirate. Then he fires rapidly at the other Pirates.

Captain REX
Yerss, that's you. The Beetle narrowly avoids your shots and charges at you with a burst of speed.

Any plans for how you'd like to dodge it?

Also, you can move behind one of the many large rocks on the hill, Yerss. If you still want to.

Captain REX
Soon the Beetles, or "buggers" as you guys have termed them, are finished, except for the one charging at John. Try as you might, it evades your shots. Still awaiting Yerss's plans for that Beetle...

Daren moves fast, and takes down another Pirate, which gives a defiant roar as it topples.

You never get around to firing rapidly at the other Pirates, K'lun. The purple-armored Pirate leaps high into the air and lands behind you. Two cannons are infused into it's armored claws, and it prepares to obliterate you...

Bespin Bart
"No!" Chris hollers, charging up his power beam and opening fire on the purple-armored Pirate.

Captain REX
Your quick thinking knocks the purple Pirate off balance.

General Kaliero
What am I doing, currently?

yerssot
kinda forgot my name here, sorry rex smile

think I'm going to quickly take a shot at his eye and then at the last moment jump as far as I can away from that thingie in to the direction of the others
(shoot, now I wish I played a metroid game once)

Captain REX
John's shot in the Beetle's eyes make it swerve off course and collide with a rock. Josh finishes the creature with a quick volley.

K'lun and Chris are taking care of the purple Pirate, but the other two Pirates are closing in to help finish them.

Care to help them, Dak and Yerss?

Captain REX
(Just a note, I have opened a thread called Metroid Imaging, which is where Zink will be posting pics of creatures and plants you encounter, if he has pictures of them.)

yerssot
good idea, then I can see what you're talking about wink

John shoots to one of the pirates closing in on the others, aiming for the legs, and of course hoping dak will shoot at the other one

Captain REX
The Pirate stumbles and falls face first in the mud. It is crippled, but it is still shooting at you from the ground. It has stopped focusing on Chris and K'lun.

yerssot
that was the idea no? wink
guess I'll aim at his ugly head now, when I have some decent cover

Captain REX
It splatters open with a fizzle as the shots hit.

The other, non-armored Pirate decides he would like to defend himself rather than finish off somebody. He starts shooting as well.

yerssot
I'll leave that one to Dak wink

Captain REX
We're waiting then...

Bespin Bart
Chris slams his arm cannon down on the purple Pirate's head and then fires a few rapid shots.

genral zink
K'lun fires some more shots at the purple Pirate, joining Chris in taking down the Pirate.

Captain REX
Chris manages to crack the Pirate's armor, but it strikes back, slamming it's claw into your gut. You are sent flying. K'lun's shots have little effect on the Pirate, making it angrier instead of injuring it.

General Kaliero
I blast away at the chest of the other Pirate.

Captain REX
One shot hits, but the Pirate quickly dodges the others. He flings himself sideways, firing at you and John as he does.

yerssot
John? that would be me ....

I make a role to my left, making a hard target, so that others can shoot at him, then I stop roling and aim for the eye and take a shot

Captain REX
As he flings himself to the right and you fling yourself to the left, exchanging shots, it almost goes in slow motion, bullet-time if you want to say that. Both you and the Pirate fire rapidly at each other, and you manage to hit a few shots into his lower legs. A shot hits your thigh, but your armor protects you, and you only a slight burning sensation. The suit mends itself slightly.

As you get back up, the Pirate lays wounded on the ground. You finish him off and turn your attention to the Purple Pirate.

Still waiting for BB and Zink...

Bespin Bart
Chris gets back on his feet and begins to charge up his power beam to make it especially powerful.

genral zink
K'lun raises his rifle again and aims for the crack in the Pirate's armor.

Captain REX
While K'lun's rifle is torn from his grasp by the incredibly strong Pirate and tossed, Chris's strong charge beam desintegrates the front chest plate of the purple Pirate.

All of you blast the Pirate to pieces as it shoots back. A shot wizzes by John's head and another nearly hits Chris in the stomache, but you all manage to avoid those shots. K'lun, drawing his custom pistols, finishes off the Pirate.

Captain REX
I'll update again tomorrow. It is 1 AM here...

yerssot
"That was a good armor!"
*kicks dead pirate*

Captain REX
The Pirate grabs your leg with one bone-crushing claw, but General Vesmos severs it and drives his beamsword into the Pirate's skull.

"Let's move on, shall we?" he says, beckoning to K'lun. Josh and K'lun exchange quick, evil looks before they run off in different directions.

You are now heading towards the city. Occassionally a Pirate pops out at you, but nothing you four bounty hunters can't handle. You don't have to do much, K'lun, as General Vesmos is doing all the killing with that beamsword of his.

You soon reach the city gates, and get your first glimpse of the carnage the Pirates are causing here. Most of the men who have stood defending the city are being blow to pieces quickly. Pirates are leaping up and clinging to walls, firing with cannons. Pirates with scythes are skewering the defenders like they are made of paper. As you approach, a Pirate spots you, and sends up an alarm. You struggle for cover as a hail of lasers speed towards and past you. Chris is in the seat of his pants, but as always, the suit protects him.

yerssot
"Any plans, slicks?"

Captain REX
A nearby bounty hunter suggests circling around to fight them from the city gates. Another suggests charging out into the open.

Bespin Bart
"I think the circling idea sounds good."

Captain REX
Well, anyone else want to add their say?

yerssot
I'm not so knowledgable about these things, sorry

Captain REX
I guess we'll go with the circling around thing then...

General Kaliero
"All I know is I wanna blast these bugs to wherever their equivalent to Hell is!" I yell, charging a beam.

Captain REX
You begin your trek around the Pirate's and get closer to the city's gates. The Pirates are pummeling them with laser fire, and some are even trying to cut through the thick gate with their forearm-mounted scythes. From the top of the wall, men throw down grenades or fire off cannons.

Your plans please?

yerssot
erm... not now no smile

Bespin Bart
Jump out and fire?

General Kaliero
Attack from behind.

Captain REX
I'll send Yerss with Dak. BB can jump out and fire.

John and Josh leap out and fire from behind, and you take out the Pirates quickly, they soon turn on you, but the bounty hunter in they gray suit pulls you back.

"That's suicidal," he says. "We need to get into the city through the door."

He pulls you two over to where Chris and K'lun are leaping out to attack. Chris, you take down a Pirate, but the gray bounty hunter pulls you back. He points out the door, but it's through a path of Pirate's perhaps a couple dozen. You wouldn't stand a chance if you stood and fought them, but the gray hunter knows that. He uses his massive size and huge gun to bash and blast his way through the Pirates. He motions for you to follow.

General Kaliero
I quite oviously follow, saying, "Well, that's ONE way of getting through..."

Captain REX
You five barrel yourselves through the thick of the Pirate's and reach the door, where the Pirates are being held off by...Chozo. Yes, the Chozo. They are tossing the Pirates around like footballs, punching through the armor and ripping out their hearts, using focused energy to send to soaring, lifting them up with psychic abilities...but these are just the warriors. Not all Chozo are like this. Then again, you are quite pleased with the warriors as they open the door for you and close it behind you.

yerssot
"What? Are we being paid by the kill?"

General Kaliero
"Don't question how the Chozo do things. When you have immense power, you should use it!" I snap at John.

yerssot
"Parhaps you want to go back and join them?"

General Kaliero
"Why? They can more than handle the situation. I'd just get in the way."

yerssot
"Not only there..."

Captain REX
"Stop bickering. This guy is right..." the gray hunter says, pointing to Josh, "about the Chozo being able to handle themselves. The problem is that there is not enough of them to protect this city. Most of them are stationed at the foot of the gate or at that door, but barely any place else."

"What are you five's names?" the gray hunter says, indicating all of you.

Bespin Bart
"I am Chris," Chris replies. "And you are...?"

General Kaliero
"Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I'm Josh Renard."

Captain REX
He shakes both your hands and then replies. "You can call me Caesar. We'll talk more later. Now, go mark a space on the wall. I will be manning one of the huge turrets. Who wants to take the other one?"

General Kaliero
"I'll take it," I say immediately.

(How do you man a turret when one of your arms is a cannon? Do you use your one arm, or does the cannon plug into it? Or do you just take off the cannon?)

Captain REX
As you reach the top of the wall, you that it is indeed a hole for plugging in your arm cannon. You can tell it's built to work with two arms as well as with the cannon, but you're not sure how. Caesar shows you punching a few buttons on the command board to make the hole larger. He then sticks his cannon in.

"Now the controls are controlled by your arm in the arm cannon. It's the same way you use the arm cannon alone, but it uses the turret's energy, not your cannon's."

Caesar bends the cannon at a almost vertical angle and opens fire with the cannon. It blows a large hole in the ground below and obliterates a few Pirates in the process.

The rest of you may defend the city as you see fit. You may join Caesar and Josh upon the wall, though you don't get a turret, you may cover the door along side the Chozo, who would appreciate your help, or you may set yourself up as a last defense of the citizens just in case the Pirates brake through...and it is quite possible that they will.

yerssot
last defense (since I'm leaving pretty soon)

Captain REX
John runs back to join the rest of the last defenders. You take your place besides a man with a LARGE rifle, which could easily store numerous weapons, and a short man with a pistol.

yerssot
*holds comment* big grin

genral zink
Grody, Yerss.

K'lun also chooses to head to the last defense.

General Kaliero
I open fire with the turret, blowing away at pirates.

Bespin Bart
I'll go defend by the door.

Chris steps out of the door and looks out at the Chozo, still fighting the Pirates. He opens fire at the nearest Pirate.

Captain REX
Bumping. Having to move the interactive stories from the General Fiction area to the RP area has lowered all the important things.

Captain REX
Sorry bout the delay...

As soon as you walk up, K'lun, the short man with the pistol and the man with the huge rifle aim at you, shouting, "You, Zebesian! Halt!" They lower their guns when they see your armor and John tells them that you are a friend.

Josh, you wipe out a large group of Pirates on the ground, sending them flying off into the forest or into a wall, or pummeling them into the ground. Damn that gun is strong! But is it strong enough to take out the war machine the Pirates are bringing in? They are likely to blast a huge hole in the gate if they get it armed. Anything you want to try?

As you walk out, Chris, you see that the Chozo are still holding up well. One runs up a wall and leaps off, lands behind a Pirate, and breaks it's spine. Another charges up a ball of energy and blasts a Pirate into a wall, almost through it. One or two Chozo are...flying overhead! They drop energy bombs on the Pirates, which are just as powerful as the balls of energy.

General Kaliero
I blast away at the war machine. (even though I'm guessing that won't work...)

Captain REX
It does some damage, but not enough. The four cannons (two manned by other bounty hunters) are not going to take it down quickly. Maybe if you scan for it's weaknesses...

General Kaliero
Alright, I do that. (I thought that up myself. wink)

Bespin Bart
Chris imediatly jumps out and fires rapidly as any nearby Pirates.

Captain REX
Hmm...you spot weaknesses by the rear prepulsion system and pipes leading up to the large cannon on top.

General Kaliero
Lock on, and fire away.

Captain REX
The rear prepulsion system is too far away to blow up, but the pipes leading to the cannon are close enough. You open fire on it, but your cannon alone is not enough.

General Kaliero
I yell to everyone else to fire on the pipes.

Captain REX
Caesar hears you and yells to the other two using the guns. They start firing at the pipes. To your surprise, two cannons pop out of the war machine. PA-PAM! PA-PAM! The shots hit the wall and you shudder as it shakes. You keep firing, but those other two cannons could be trouble.

Bespin Bart
Chris continues firing. He smashes a Pirate upside the head with his arm cannon and then blows a few holes in him.

General Kaliero
Do the same pipes lead to the other two cannon?

genral zink
"Hey, we're all friends here," K'lun says. "I am K'lun Gohep, a trained soldier in the Galactic Federation Army, not one of those mindless Pirates. Who might you be?"

Captain REX
That Pirate goes down, and so do some others. One Chozo grabs a small tree and uses it as a bat to smack some Pirates a LONG ways away. Chris, you spot something approaching...two purple armor Pirates and...a gold one? This must be the leader of the attack over here. Gold armored Pirates are like generals in the Galactic Federation Police Force. This could get ugly...

Sadly, there are no pipes, Josh. They are all internal. On the bright side, the others have taken down the gargantuan cannon on top of the war machine. Caesar then gets your attention and points to a few buttons. A compartment carrying 6 Super Missiles slides out of the side...

"I'm Gregor Telan," says the short man. "I'm Talus Aran, but you can just call me Aran," says the guy with the huge rifle. Whilst Samus Aran is not the Pirate's biggest worry or the Galactic Federation's biggest hero yet, Talus Aran, her father, was a renowned soldier in the Federation Police Force. He was among your top 5 idols when you were a pupa.

genral zink
"Talus Aran!" K'lun gasps. "You're one of my heroes! What are you doing on K-2L?"

General Kaliero
I grin behind my helmet. "Caesar, get the other two to fire on one. We'll get the other."

Captain REX
"Righteo," Caesar says, and commands the others to target the the other cannon. They open fire on it, and...they miss! Well, they miss the cannon at least. They hit the command deck instead, but that won't stop it. One missile hits the fire control center on the left side, so the cannon that they missed stops firing momentarily. Caesar hollers at you to take down the other cannon while he takes down the damaged cannon. You wonder if 6 super missiles are enough to destroy one large cannon...

"I'm on K-2L to defend my family..." Talus Aran says. As you two talk, you discover that he was retired here, but took a vacation, which ended before it started when he spotted the Pirates heading for K-2L.

General Kaliero
I take careful aim, and fire.

Captain REX
BOOM!!! You the the fire control room with 2 missiles. KABLAM!!! The cannon now has four large holes in it. It won't be firing any time soon.

General Kaliero
YAY! What now?

Captain REX
Uh oh...You don't think you have enough missiles to take out the next one coming. Not the same type, but it has a bunch of artillery to pound a few holes in the wall beneath you. But there are smaller craft coming that would wipe out the soldiers and Chozo...anti-personel vehicles, armed with cannons and stuff. Their fast, but you think you might manage. Three are coming head on, firing their cannons. They don't think you're a threat yet.

Bespin Bart
Chris keeps firing, strafing left and right. He barges forwards and spins around, shooting many Pirates in the back.

Captain REX
Remember that gold armored one, Chris...

The Chozo are smacking around the purple armored ones quickly, hitting them with energy and brute strength. But things go differently when they try the gold armored Pirate. They punch hard, but the armor is only dented. The gold Pirate barely flinches, and retaliates by grabbing two Chozo by the waists with it's large claws and squeezes them in half. The energy balls of the Chozo are doing little on that armor. Your helmet tells you that there may be a weakness behind it...

General Kaliero
Don't think I'm a threat. I'll show them.

I fire at one of the craft, seeing if they're hittable.

Captain REX
Quite hittable. I'll describe the ships:

It's mostly like a speeder-bike combined with a UFO saucer with jagged wing thingies sticking off to the side. You hit one of the wings (where some of the cannons are stored) and it blows off.

NOW you're a threat...

General Kaliero
Yay.

I blast away, instructing the others to do the same.

Captain REX
They are too busy trying to disable the next war machine to pay attention to your orders. You hit the same one, this time hitting the saucer-like part of it. It fires back with six low powered cannons. It would be eight but you hit part of it. What part would you like to target?

General Kaliero
Computer systems.

Captain REX
The mainframe in the front of the ship under all that armor or the computer console the Pirate in the thing is using.

btw, ever played TimeSplitters 2? The turrets are somewhat like those. They'll protect from quite a lot, but not if you are hit from behind (which you'll find very unlikely right now).

General Kaliero
The console.

Captain REX
You take a shot, but it swerves and avoids it.

genral zink
"I can understand your devotion to your family," K'lun says. "I cannot have such devotions, for my family has joined the Pirates."

Captain REX
"Your people aren't as strong willed as humans," Talus says, clearing spiting them. "But it is good to see at least one has joined the right side."

General Kaliero
I curse and take aim again.

Bespin Bart
(Oh, I get it.)

Chris tries to get closer to the gold Pirate, and ducks down. He edges closer.

Captain REX
It starts blazing at you. The ground and rocks around you splinter and burn, as do the holes in your suit. You are knocked back considerably, towards the wall.

Captain REX
You hit it this round, Josh, but not where you wanted. I had tried to speed up to avoid the shot, but the results weren't what the Pirate had in mind. For you, blowing off his head is just as effective. It collides with the one next to it, which collides with a rock. One left, but you spot another three coming.

Chozo1
A lone Federation Trooper, last of his squad moves from a near by rock and fires at the pirates, the shots do nothing but attracts their attention.

. . .I've read all about the game and I wish to play . . . Here's my discription for my character. . .I don't even need to last long, I just want to join in for a while . . .I'll be back at 2:00pm tomorow. you can fill in the blanks if I'm not here. P.S. pretty please.

Player: chozo 1
Character: PFC L. Brouda
Template: federation trooper
Species: human
Equipment:
-- Federation Low Grade Space Armor
-- Scrapped Arm Cannon from dead chozo
Suit:
--Primary color: teal
--Secondary color: dark blue
--Detailing: Black
--Visor: Neon sky blue
--Arm Cannon on Right Arm
--
Physical Description: battle hardened, right leg "gimpy" use of cybernetic enhancements present to cope with handycap.

Stephanie20
(can rp as Samus now right cause she got purmission in the other room)

Stephanie20
Samus comes in and kills all of the pirates.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.