Coronavirus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
As more and more cases in the USA are confirmed(110) the question becomes...should we be worried?

Should the world at large be worried? Some public health experts are saying the likelihood is high that China is lying about the number of deaths and that the number is higher.

Putinbot1
I was in Saudi when it kicked off before Mers claimed about 400 before it burnt out there. This new strain appears initially a similar threat level.

Galan007
Considering the common flu kills over 30,000 people in the US annually(and hospitalizes a couple hundred thousand), I don't think you need to start panicking just yet. wink

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Galan007
Considering the common flu kills over 30,000 people in the US annually(and hospitalizes a couple hundred thousand), I don't think you need to start panicking just yet. wink pretty much thumb up

Lord Lucien
I'm not sure how yet, but I know for certain that this new virus is Trump's fault.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'm not sure how yet, but I know for certain that this new virus is Trump's fault. No, that's aids.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Putinbot1
No, that's aids.

thumb up

Surtur
Considering the common flu kills over 30,000 people in the US annually(and hospitalizes a couple hundred thousand), I don't think you need to start panicking just yet. wink

Damn that's more deaths than guns cause if u don't count suicides.

jaden_2.0
Wonder when Trump will ban people from slanty eye countries.

SquallX

jaden_2.0
Zoom

eThneoLgrRnae

BackFire
Not worried at all.

BrolyBlack
Because your ******* is the host^

BackFire
My giga-aids consume any other viruses that enter my body.

eThneoLgrRnae
The WHO has now declared the outbreak a global emergency.

I just wonder if they're going to use this to try and force vaccines on everyone.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

The moment he realizes he can use it as an angle to make Trumpers froth, that's when.

Mexicans in 2016
Muslims in 2017

SquallX

Surtur
Thousands Trapped On Cruise Ship Off Italian Coast Over Possible Coronavirus Cases

jaden_2.0
You never got the reference the first time. Stop embarrassing yourself.

SquallX

Got the reference pretty well.

eThneoLgrRnae

He's not embarrasing himself. He is 100% spot-on. You're just upset because what he's saying is the truth. thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
He's not embarrasing himself. He is 100% spot-on. You're just upset because what he's saying is the truth. thumb up dur

cdtm

But we have shots for flu.

Those 30,000, how many neglected to take shots, or refused to?

eThneoLgrRnae
I haven't taken a flu shot since I was a kid and don't plan on ever taking one again. It made me very sick every time the few times I took it. I won't go thru that shit ever again. F*** vaccines. F*** flu shots. I won't submit to having some poison injected into me which makes me sick to supposedly prevent me from getting sick.

I'll take my chances going w/out them because, imo, it's an even bigger risk taking them. thumb up

As a military veteran, I am offered the flu shot for free every year by my nurse. I always turn it down and always will. I was forced to take way too many vaccine shots in the service. Iiirc, I had to take at least half a dozen different vaccine shots in a single day during boot camp. It wasn't fun.

dadudemon
F*** vaccines. F*** flu shots. I won't submit to having some poison injected into me which makes me sick to supposedly prevent me from getting sick.

I am utterly shocked you would take this very much anti-scientific position.

Flabbergasted, really. You are always a man of science, logic, and true knowledge. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is tarnished after discovering this about you.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
But we have shots for flu.

Those 30,000, how many neglected to take shots, or refused to? The flu shot does not give you blanket immunity to the flu. That is a terrible misconception. The shot you received this year immunizes you to whatever the most prominent strain was last year(there are several different strains of the flu.)

Don't get me wrong, the shot can help prevent you from getting the flu if you come into contact with the strain you were vaccinated for... But you can still get the flu, make no mistake.

Putinbot1
Agreed Galan however, you can only plan for what you plan for and herd immunity to the most likely viruses is a good plan. As is immunity for the weakest for the most likely viruses. I have all kinds of shots from yellow fever, heps to typhoid living where I do you have to.

Robtard
Heard a man from the CDC talking today on the radio and he explained that the Flu kills about 0.1% of its infected, while the Coronavirus has a mortality rate of about 2%.

So the potential for a very large number of deaths is there.

Galan007
Agreed Galan however, you can only plan for what you plan for and herd immunity to the most likely viruses is a good plan. As is immunity for the weakest for the most likely viruses. I have all kinds of shots from yellow fever, heps to typhoid living where I do you have to. Oh I am 100% for flu shots(I'm in the medical field so it's a must for me.) But a lot of people tend to think that they are completely immune to the flu just because they were vaccinated.

The shot certainly helps keep the number of cases down, but again, it does not provide blanket immunity to every strain of flu that's out there every year. You can definitely still get sick.

Galan007
Originally posted by Robtard
Heard a man from the CDC talking today on the radio and he explained that the Flu kills about 0.1% of its infected, while the Coronavirus has a mortality rate of about 2%.

So the potential for a very large number of deaths is there. If it actually starts gaining more ground... It can potentially get REALLY bad. We've been doing loads of case studies on it for the past few weeks. Actually speaking to CDC and DHS reps and such.

Robtard
Oh I am 100% for flu shots(I'm in the medical field so it's a must for me.) But a lot of people tend to think that they are completely immune to the flu just because they were vaccinated.

The shot certainly helps keep the number of cases down, but again, it does not provide blanket immunity to every strain of flu that's out there every year. You can definitely still get sick. I think the Flu shot here protects against 3-4 of the strains they expect will be the most prolific in a given year? There's still plenty of other more minor strains you're not immunized against.

Still, you'd have to be retarded to not take it.

Robtard
If it actually starts gaining more ground... It can potentially get REALLY bad. We've been doing loads of case studies on it for the past few weeks. Actually speaking to CDC and DHS reps and such.

That's what this guy's sentiment was. Not that it will blow up as fact, but that the potential is there when comparing the mortality rate against the Flu and how easily it's transmitted via airborne methods.

That's around 600,000 deaths in the US alone, if we use the our Flu statistics as a template. Don't know what it'd be in China, but likely far greater.

Putinbot1
Oh I am 100% for flu shots(I'm in the medical field so it's a must for me.) But a lot of people tend to think that they are completely immune to the flu just because they were vaccinated.

The shot certainly helps keep the number of cases down, but again, it does not provide blanket immunity to every strain of flu that's out there every year. You can definitely still get sick. I worked for the NHS and then WHO long ago and far away. I do something totally different now. thumb up

Putinbot1

So the potential for a very large number of deaths is there. True, MERS infected a thousand and killed 400 in KSA that's actually a 40% hit, however it had very low virulence. I know next to nothing about the new one.

Galan007
I think the Flu shot here protects against 3-4 of the strains they expect will be the most prolific in a given year? There's still plenty of other more minor strains you're not immunized against.

Still, you'd have to be retarded to not take it. Yeah it typically vaccinates you for the 4 most prominent strains that were contracted the year prior. Thing with the flu virus(and why there isn't a proper 'cure' for it) is that it constantly mutates/evolves. That's why our vaccinations have to constantly change every year... we try to predict what it will do, but it's really just an educated guess.

Flu shots are a great thing, but a LOT of people tend to think of them as a bulletproof vest that makes them impervious to the flu. Unfortunately that just isn't the case.

Galan007
That's what this guy's sentiment was. Not that it will blow up as fact, but that the potential is there when comparing the mortality rate against the Flu and how easily it's transmitted via airborne methods.

That's around 600,000 deaths in the US alone, if we use the our Flu statistics as a template. Don't know what it'd be in China, but likely far greater. They're very concerned with airports. That's how this thing could potentially become a legitimate epidemic.

Putinbot1
They're very concerned with airports. That's how this thing could potentially become a legitimate epidemic. They always are, we are long overdue "that" global pandemic event. The black death of the modern era with aircraft as vectors. Hopefully we will stay long overdue it.

Surtur
I'm not sure how yet, but I know for certain that this new virus is Trump's fault.

They found a way to complain:

https://i.imgur.com/okeduwk.jpg

Damn those white people, if they develop a vaccine it will be a racist vaccine.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
They found a way to complain:

https://i.imgur.com/okeduwk.jpg

Damn those white people, if they develop a vaccine it will be a racist vaccine. Here we go again... Seriously Surt? no

Surtur
Here we go again... Seriously Surt? no

I'm serious this is not fake. They legit wrote an article whining about the lack of diversity.

Galan007
They always are, we are long overdue "that" global pandemic event. The black death of the modern era with aircraft as vectors. Hopefully we will stay long overdue it. Yep. Think about all of the 'civilization-killing' epidemics in the past... and then consider that most of those were before we had constant mass-transit international flight.

Food for thought. wink

Putinbot1
Yep. Think about all of the 'civilization-killing' epidemics in the past... and then consider that most of those were before we had constant mass-transit international flight.

Food for thought. wink Agreed, that said, I've had Malaria, Typhoid, Legionnaire's and pneumonia all killers and all easily treated in only the last 80 years.

Robtard
Here we go again... Seriously Surt? no

Surt gonna Surt. It is known. Anyhow.

Coronavirus popped up in Illinois, two cases of it. That makes four states now in the US now.

Putinbot1

Coronavirus popped up in Illinois, two cases of it. That makes four states now in the US now. Shit, they had Ebola here in Nigeria a while back. They contained it through luck tbh.

Surtur

Coronavirus popped up in Illinois, two cases of it. That makes four states now in the US now.

Apologies for pointing out the TDS. So sorry this is happening.

Putinbot1
Apologies for pointing out the TDS. So sorry this is happening. Surt you have a million threads to derail, please desist mate.

Surtur
Surt you have a million threads to derail, please desist mate.

My advice is you sit this one out:

No, that's aids.
The moment he realizes he can use it as an angle to make Trumpers froth, that's when.

Mexicans in 2016
Muslims in 2017

I'd rethink any further complaints thumb up

Putinbot1
My advice is you sit this one out:

I'd rethink any further complaints thumb up there's a big difference to throwaway lines and bait.

Surtur
there's a big difference to throwaway lines and bait.

So rules for thee but not for me, gotcha.

Putinbot1
So rules for thee but not for me, gotcha. no, rules for non bait and rules for bait. One is meant to elicit a lol or thumbs up the other is aimed to derail a thread.

Surtur
no, rules for non bait and rules for bait. One is meant to elicit a lol or thumbs up the other is aimed to derail a thread.

So yeah special rules, I get it.

Robtard
Shit, they had Ebola here in Nigeria a while back. They contained it through luck tbh.

Granted, it's only six cases.

But another concern is that since we're in our Flu season, Corona suffers might not realized they have Corona instead of the Flu, thereby spreading it to others so on and so forth.

Surt you have a million threads to derail, please desist mate.

Just ignore his baitings and attention seeking behavior.

Putinbot1
Back to topic.

Putinbot1
Granted, it's only six cases.

But another concern is that since we're in our Flu season, Corona suffers might not realized they have Corona instead of the Flu, thereby spreading it to others so on and so forth.

Just ignore his baitings and attention seeking behavior. thumb up mis-self-diagnosis is always going to be a big problem when symptoms are similar.

Surtur
CNN Is Angry That Too Many White People Are Trying To Stop The Coronavirus Spreading

https://i.imgur.com/5P8VKH3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gV0kzJx.jpg

laughing

Putinbot1
CNN Is Angry That Too Many White People Are Trying To Stop The Coronavirus Spreading

https://i.imgur.com/5P8VKH3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gV0kzJx.jpg

laughing Surt, why the attention seeking? We know you are here. I hope you've had a good day.

Surtur
Surt, why the attention seeking? We know you are here. I hope you've had a good day.

There is no attention seeking, just hypocrites(you and Rob) whining. There will be no bringing trump into this and then crying when the TDS surrounding trump and the virus is noted.

dadudemon
Back to topic.

No. F*ck you. I do what I want.

uhuh

Let's talk about mac and cheese:

https://i.imgur.com/fBY4Cv1.jpg

Surtur
Mac and cheese is good, but I gotta wonder if it's a creation of white people? That's problematic.

dadudemon
I would think it was created by white people. However, black people likely perfected it in the south. And what we enjoy today as "deluxe" Mac and Cheese was the improvement from black people.

Also, this Halloween photo of Obama is adorable. He's genuinely cracking up at the little boy who dressed up as Obama:

https://i.imgur.com/IhLr9w7.jpg

dadudemon
Look at this. It's incredible.

One of my old employees dressed up as George R. R. Binks for Halloween:

https://i.imgur.com/koIO93g.jpg

This guy is awesome. He an incredible Dungeon Master, as well. Draws up amazingly detailed maps and plans out dungeons like no one else I have ever met or heard of. His wife is also super cool and doesn't take crap from him when he gets out of line.

Robtard
There is no attention seeking, just hypocrites(you and Rob) whining. There will be no bringing trump into this and then crying when the TDS surrounding trump and the virus is noted.

Surt, you're the one continually bringing Trump into this thread...

Robtard know you're here, Whirly knows you're here. Why continue with the attention seeking behavior in serious thread?

Surtur

Robtard know you're here, Whirly knows you're here. Why continue with the attention seeking behavior in serious thread?

You made an attempt, keep on seeking that attention thumb up

dadudemon

You bring up a good point.

Does this remind you of pooping?

https://i.imgur.com/Rt67RJq.gif

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
You bring up a good point.

Does this remind you of pooping?

https://i.imgur.com/Rt67RJq.gif DDM, you are a true friend to Surt. Kudos for that.

Robtard
DDM, you are a true friend to Surt. Kudos for that.

Agreed, I've said the same in the past.

Surtur
yeah it's just not gonna fly that people are gonna come in here, bring up trump for no reason, then whine when someone with a more valid reason to mention him brings him up.

don't gas light me kiddos smile

Surtur
DDM, you are a true friend to Surt. Kudos for that.

I have to say you and Rob have a good friendship too. Your ability to throw caution to the wind and agree with one another even when it's so very clear the other person is wrong is touching. When he is happy you're happy, when he hurts you hurt. When he gas lights you gas light.

That is some ride or die shit thumb up

Robtard
^ Attention seeking behavior.

Anyhow. The UK has a Coronavirus case now.

Surtur
^ Attention seeking behavior

^Hypocrisy thy name is Robtard

dadudemon
^ Attention seeking behavior.

Anyhow. The UK has a Coronavirus case now.

This one lady from the UK got pranked BIG time.

She makes Coulter look polite and well-mannered.

Watch the WHOLE video. It is amazing.You start to feel bad for this lady until she gives her acceptance. Speech. Then I didn't feel a tiny bit bad.

eRIdtMlqwNA

Surtur

Watch the WHOLE video. It is amazing.You start to feel bad for this lady until she gives her acceptance. Speech. Then I didn't feel a tiny bit bad.

eRIdtMlqwNA

Yeah that's awesome. Katie Hopkins can be funny, but she is a kunt too

eThneoLgrRnae
So rules for thee but not for me, gotcha.

Of course. It's always different for him and his butt buddies than it is for Trump supporters. wink

eThneoLgrRnae

He has literally zero room to be whining about "attention-seeking behavior" considering all of the trolling threads he puts out on a frequent basis.

Surtur
Now I personally feel the diversity of the coronavirus task force is 100% irrelevant. I also feel anyone for whom it is relevant should seek immediate psychiatric treatment.

eThneoLgrRnae
Now I personally feel the diversity of the coronavirus task force is 100% irrelevant. I also feel anyone for whom it is relevant should seek immediate psychiatric treatment.

thumb up

Putinbot1
Agreed, I've said the same in the past. No doubt, his kindness to Surt is a wonderful thing. Surt is lucky to have DDM as a pal! Kudos DDM. thumb up

SquallX

dadudemon
I am not being a pal to Surt. Just defying the authority figure demanding we stay on topic.

dadudemon
New page?

Jar Jar Binks time:

https://i.imgur.com/h4ME2oI.jpg

Putinbot1
I am not being a pal to Surt. Just defying the authority figure demanding we stay on topic. Fight the power...

dadudemon
Fight the power...

You are the man, keeping us down! Fight the man!

Surtur
No doubt, his kindness to Surt is a wonderful thing. Surt is lucky to have DDM as a pal! Kudos DDM. thumb up

I'm sure Rob appreciates you following him around agreeing with everything he says thumb up

Surtur

Putinbot1
You are the man, keeping us down! Fight the man! Damn me and my e authority try to keep things on topic with a polite request. thumb up

Surtur
Damn me and my e authority try to keep things on topic with a polite request. thumb up

Do you apologize for your monstrous behavior and attempts at censorship?

dadudemon
Damn me and my e authority try to keep things on topic with a polite request. thumb up

At least you know your wrongs. Better than I can say for Trump and the Dems: neither realizes their wrongs.

Robtard

eRIdtMlqwNA

Oh Rightist...

eThneoLgrRnae
Katie Hopkins is awesome. Like Trump, she doesn't take any shit from lefties. I admire that deeply. I like her even better than Coulter even though she's not actually American. Not surprising that Trump-haters don't like her lol. Didn't watch the video ddd posted (at least not yet) but I'm sure it's nothing that'd make me change my opinion of her.

Let me know when Hopkins talks about putting people who disagree with her political views in gulags/re-education camps the way that several on Bernie Sanders' staff did then I might rethink my opinion of her. thumb up

Putinbot1
Katie Hopkins is awesome. Like Trump, she doesn't take any shit from lefties. I admire that deeply. I like her even better than Coulter even though she's not actually American. Not surprising that Trump-haters don't like her lol. Didn't watch the video ddd posted (at least not yet) but I'm sure it's nothing that'd make me change my opinion of her.

Let me know when Hopkins talks about putting people who disagree with her political views in gulags/re-education camps the way that several on Bernie Sanders' staff did then I might rethink my opinion of her. thumb up dur

Galan007
Another confirmed case in Boston.

Surtur
Awful

-Pr-
There was a false alarm here in Ireland last night. The health service in ****ing hazard suits had to board a plane to make sure the dude wasn't actually carrying.

Galan007
A few more confirmed cases in California.

Robtard
The Chinese government is reporting about 18k cases. You know that's a lie.

Galan007
That is definitely a lie.

Jmanghan
Thousands Trapped On Cruise Ship Off Italian Coast Over Possible Coronavirus Cases Ngl, that honestly doesn't sound half-bad, Coronavirus aside.

Just an extended vacation.

Jmanghan
Also we've heard this time and again. First it was Ebola, then the Zika virus, hell people don't freak out about the flu anymore, which is arguably in the long run probably way worse then the Coronavirus.

First death is more sad then anything. I'm sad for that person, that being said, if I got Coronavirus I'd be distraught yes, but I'd feel safe in a hospital. I wouldn't, honestly speaking, be thinking "death" for even a moment.

StiltmanFTW
Jmanghans are immune to all Earthly diseases and radiation wavelengths, so you needn't worry.

Nibedicus

Robtard
Even going with the CDC's 2% morality rate, that is scary considering this is an airborne virus and there's no vaccination against it. Just takes one infected person sneezing in a public area to infect many.

Though it should be noted that like influenza, the victims seem (or at least reported) to be mostly the very young, the very old and those already sick and/or weakened. eg HIV suffers, people going through chemo, people who've recently had surgery etc.

What tells us that the Chinese are taking this seriously and that it's far worse than they're officially reporting, they've shut down their multi-billion dollar gambling industry (larger than Las Vegas), they'd not do this unless it was absolutely necessary.

edit: Link fixed

BrolyBlack
The guy who sounded the alarm about this has died from it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/feb/06/coronavirus-live-updates-in-china-wuhan-coronaviruses-outbreak-death-toll-latest-update-news

Surtur
Is that irony or just a tragedy

BrolyBlack
Irony

Stringer

Galan007
Even going with the CDC's 2% morality rate, that is scary considering this is an airborne virus and there's no vaccination against it. Just takes one infected person sneezing in a public area to infect many.

Though it should be noted that like influenza, the victims seem (or at least reported) to be mostly the very young, the very old and those already sick and/or weakened. eg HIV suffers, people going through chemo, people who've recently had surgery etc.

What tells us that the Chinese are taking this seriously and that it's far worse than they're officially reporting, they've shut down their multi-billion dollar gambling industry (larger than Las Vegas), they'd not do this unless it was absolutely necessary.

edit: Link fixed What concerns me about the virus is that it is already deadly enough as-is, and we have no real medical 'defense' against it.

So if the strain starts mutating/adapting like the flu(and most other viruses) does every year, it could go from bad to worse.

Surtur
Hey so have you guys heard of this deadly virus over in China?

It's called communism.

eThneoLgrRnae
Hey so have you guys heard of this deadly virus over in China?

It's called communism.

thumb up

-Pr-
That's not funny.

Stringer

Galan007
Have you guys seen the Chinese government's 'quarantine protocol'?

That shit is straight out of a zombie movie. They're busting into civilian homes and taking people against their will to some sort of holding facility, if they are so much as suspected of being sick at all. Hardcore.

Surtur
Yeah so this happened:

Coronavirus 'could infect 60% of global population if unchecked'

Patient_Leech
OH NO

THE KUNG FLU!!

Putinbot1

edit: Link fixed Yeah, shame about Macau, it's ****ing great tbh.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
OH NO

THE KUNG FLU!!

It kills anyone with a power level that isn't over 9,000.

Robtard
Yeah, shame about Macau, it's ****ing great tbh.

Don't worry, our glorious leader here in the US said the "heat" will kill all the coronas or something.

Is it like Las Vegas, but Chinese?

Putinbot1
Don't worry, our glorious leader here in the US said the "heat" will kill all the coronas or something.

Is it like Las Vegas, but Chinese? It's a cross between, Hong Kong, Thailand and Vegas with a bit of Dubai chucked in, tbh it's ****ing great!

Robtard
Not really into the gambling scene, but you paint a mesmerizing and wondrous picture

Lord Lucien
Seven different genomes have been sequenced so far. Meaning it's mutated seven times since its discovery, that we know of.

So proud of how quickly it grows up and resists attempts to nail down a vaccine thumb up

-Pr-
A tourist in France has died from the disease, and here in Ireland there's currently a blanket ban on mail going to and from China.

And it looks like that cruise ship off the coast of Japan has carriers, some of whom are American.

SquallX
Originally posted by -Pr-
A tourist in France has died from the disease, and here in Ireland there's currently a blanket ban on mail going to and from China.

And it looks like that cruise ship off the coast of Japan has carriers, some of whom are American.

Do we have the exact amount of those that died in China?

Adam Grimes
We have the official numbers that don't even make up for the 10% of the actual estimate.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SquallX
Do we have the exact amount of those that died in China?

Just estimates at this point, as originally it was believed that China was seriously fudging the numbers, ***** that they are.

WHO says it's 46,000 cases, with just over 1300 deaths.

cdtm
They say it's airborn.

Containment is a lost cause at this point. Not to be an alarmist, but when they say 'Don't panic", it's time to start noticing that big red button.

eThneoLgrRnae
They say it's airborn.

Containment is a lost cause at this point. Not to be an alarmist, but when they say 'Don't panic", it's time to start noticing that big red button.

Oh, shit... if it's really airborn then we're probably all f***ed. Can you cite a source that says it is airborn? Was it the WHO?

I wasn't planning on buying one of those air filter masks but if it's truly airborn then I probably will.

Bashar Teg
They say it's airborn.

but trump said it's no big deal. doubt he would just make that shit up concerning such a serious threat to life. nobody could be that much of a POS.

SquallX

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
but trump said it's no big deal. doubt he would just make that shit up concerning such a serious threat to life. nobody could be that much of a POS.

Let your TDS go.

Galan007
They say it's airborn. Where'd you see this?

Last I heard, it wasn't fully airborne.

cdtm
Where'd you see this?

Last I heard, it wasn't fully airborne.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/nove-coronavirus-infection-prevention-control-patients-healthcare-settings.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj-uemagtfnAhWGlnIEHdOoBAEQFjACegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3Xl-vgUHi7keO7G2xnn5V0

Aerosol is believed to be a method.

I see now from other sources this isn't confirmed.

Surtur
It's the Daily Mail so take it with a grain of salt:

Did coronavirus originate in Chinese government laboratory? Scientists believe killer disease may have begun in research facility 300 yards from Wuhan wet fish market

Lord Lucien
As someone who doesn't get the flu shot every year for autism reasons and who was not one of the 61,000 people who died from the seasonal flu in 2017 in the U.S. alone, I have to say that this virus that's killed 1,500 people mostly in China, is absolutely panic-inducing for extremely valid, statistically logical reasons.

Buy gold. Buy guns. Burn your neighbors. Avoid vaccines. It's the only way to protect yourself somehow.

dadudemon
As someone who doesn't get the flu shot every year for autism reasons and who was not one of the 61,000 people who died from the seasonal flu in 2017 in the U.S. alone, I have to say that this virus that's killed 1,500 people mostly in China, is absolutely panic-inducing for extremely valid, statistically logical reasons.

Buy gold. Buy guns. Burn your neighbors. Avoid vaccines. It's the only way to protect yourself somehow.

I've said pretty much the same thing, as well, but with far less sarcasm. Your version is better.

Surtur
I got a flu shot cuz it was free and I was medicated at the time.

Putinbot1

Buy gold. Buy guns. Burn your neighbors. Avoid vaccines. It's the only way to protect yourself somehow. like you and DDM, I have also stated this. You though do it better than me also! Kudos!

Robtard
The snideness and sarcasm aside, there's two views that are being conflated and that's not fair.

View One: The kneejerker. "The virus has killed almost two thousand people, we're doomed! We're all gonna die!" This view is silly

View Two: Is more of a concern that we need to be vigilant amd not dismissive of this because the Coronavirus apparently has a higher mortality rate than Influenza and spreads about as easily, which gives it the potential for a massive death count. This view is not silly

cdtm
I've seen US cancer rates between .04 and 5 percent.

Last I heard figures for world mortality if uncontained were estimated at 3 percent, which is not insignificant given the amount of people.

Emmy Evangeline
I wonder if it gets better.

Putinbot1
The snideness and sarcasm aside, there's two views that are being conflated and that's not fair.

View One: The kneejerker. "The virus has killed almost two thousand people, we're doomed! We're all gonna die!" This view is silly

View Two: Is more of a concern that we need to be vigilant amd not dismissive of this because the Coronavirus apparently has a higher mortality rate than Influenza and spreads about as easily, which gives it the potential for a massive death count. This view is not silly it is more fragile than Flu though Rob, so a pandemic is less likely (let's hope)

BrolyBlack
This is starting to get out of control

Emmy Evangeline
The corona is in my home city it sucks

tru-marvell
One particular nut job states that the virus was developed as a weapon against President Trump

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/02/rush-limbaugh-sure-coronavirus-effort

Darth Thor
My bloody investments are going down due to this shitty virus.

Somebody please create a vaccine before I go broke.

Surtur
Gee can't be easy being a vampire these days!

cdtm
Hate Corona.

Why couldn't it be a Coorsvirus?

Surtur

Surtur
Hate Corona.

Why couldn't it be a Coorsvirus?

I don't dislike it, but I do find it overrated.

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This is starting to get out of control

Don't worry, your main squeeze Trump said "the heat" will make the coronavirus just go away and why people shouldn't be concerned...

Bashar Teg
Don't worry, your main squeeze Trump said "the heat" will make the coronavirus just go away and why people shouldn't be concerned...

he's still saying it. I'm done playing the "what would have happened if obama (or any former president) did this?" or else I'll get a migraine

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>