Loki (MCU) vs Yoda (Star Wars Prequel film trilogy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
The Asgardian god of mischief is facing off against the Jedi Yoda in a fight to the death. Who's going to win.

Battle Location: Abandoned Factory.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by robotflug
The Asgardian god of mischief is facing off against the Jedi Yoda in a fight to the death. Who's going to win.

Battle Location: Abandoned Factory.

For Yoda my vote is.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
For Yoda my vote is.

Wise choice Padawan.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wise choice Padawan.

I don't think there's anything Loki can do in this scenario.

Unless he can quickly tap into magic to try create clones to deceive Yoda... But even then, TK would nullify such technique.

BruceSkywalker
Yoda won't have a problem

Eon Blue
Loki wins.

carthage
Quan dies

Psychotron
Yoda.

h1a8
Yoda

K-Dog

FrothByte
Loki has a shot at this. I mean, the guy is still bullet proof and is strong enough to give Thor a hard time. Plus his illusions and magical daggers. He's even older than Yoda I think. There's no way a guy like Loki would go down easy. He'll win a few rounds.

That said, I'd give the majority of the fights to Yoda.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki has a shot at this. I mean, the guy is still bullet proof and is strong enough to give Thor a hard time. Plus his illusions and magical daggers. He's even older than Yoda I think. There's no way a guy like Loki would go down easy. He'll win a few rounds.

That said, I'd give the majority of the fights to Yoda.

I don't think illusions would do much here. Yoda's precognition is peak.

FrothByte
I don't think illusions would do much here. Yoda's precognition is peak.

Maybe, maybe not. We've never seen Yoda take on a magic user so we don't know how he'll handle Loki's illusions. We do know Loki's magic is strong enough to work against Heimdall and Odin so it's not without precedent.

Not saying for sure it will work against Yoda, but i doubt it will be completely useless either

Josh_Alexander
Maybe, maybe not. We've never seen Yoda take on a magic user so we don't know how he'll handle Loki's illusions. We do know Loki's magic is strong enough to work against Heimdall and Odin so it's not without precedent.

Not saying for sure it will work against Yoda, but i doubt it will be completely useless either

Well, in the CW Yoda portrayed a certain ability to resist magic.

Sidious used advanced Sith Magic to try corrupt Yoda, and yet failed.

I'm not saying that Loki's magic is similar, but still is to be accounted for.

FrothByte
Well, in the CW Yoda portrayed a certain ability to resist magic.

Sidious used advanced Sith Magic to try corrupt Yoda, and yet failed.

I'm not saying that Loki's magic is similar, but still is to be accounted for.

Haven't watched CW. Somehow seems a bit unfair to use cartoon versions of characters as they usually tend to be more powerful.

Kazenji
So you just want to ignore what's canon?

Josh_Alexander
Haven't watched CW. Somehow seems a bit unfair to use cartoon versions of characters as they usually tend to be more powerful.

CW is great and is canon. I actually think the CW did a good job remaining true to the movies.

I didn't saw any feats that would appear exaggerate.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Kazenji
So you just want to ignore what's canon?

Read the title of this thread:

FrothByte
CW is great and is canon. I actually think the CW did a good job remaining true to the movies.

I didn't saw any feats that would appear exaggerate.

Problem is this thread specifically states Yoda from the prequel trilogy.

BrolyBlack
Force choke Loki dies

Darth Thor
Read the title of this thread:

Good point.

Loki defo doesnt go down easy. I feel most here underestimate him. But between TK and a Lightsaber, and trusting in the Force not to be fooled by delusions, I feel Yoda takes this.

FrothByte
Good point.

Loki defo doesnt go down easy. I feel most here underestimate him. But between TK and a Lightsaber, and trusting in the Force not to be fooled by delusions, I feel Yoda takes this.

Oh I agree that Yoda wins, or at least the majority, but Loki is not going to be an easy opponent. He should at least win a few rounds.

Yoda has never fought an opponent as strong or durable as he is nor has he encountered magic like Loki's.

I don't know about the force detecting illusions easily. Kylo didn't detect Luke's illusion. Now sure, Kylo is no Yoda, but Luke isn't exactly Loki either.

BrolyBlack
Oh I agree that Yoda wins, or at least the majority, but Loki is not going to be an easy opponent. He should at least win a few rounds.

Yoda has never fought an opponent as strong or durable as he is nor has he encountered magic like Loki's.

I don't know about the force detecting illusions easily. Kylo didn't detect Luke's illusion. Now sure, Kylo is no Yoda, but Luke isn't exactly Loki either.

Palp was no slouch in durability, Loki has no real way to close the distance on Yoda.

FrothByte
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Palp was no slouch in durability, Loki has no real way to close the distance on Yoda.

Yeah but I don't recall Palpatine being bulletproof. Or being tough enough to take a grenade to the face without a scratch.

As for closing the distance, I'd say it's actually Yoda who needs to close the distance to win this. He has no real long range attacks other than a possible force choke (never seen Yoda actually do this) and even if we assumed he could, when have we ever seen a force choke used effectively on someone as durable as Loki?

On the other hand Loki can just keep throwing his daggers or blast Yoda with his scepter if he has it.

To win this match (and I already said Yoda wins), Yoda would need to close the distance and use his lightsaber.

Darth Thor

Thats because it was more than just an illusion in that Lukes essence was there, so Kylo would sense him through the Force.

No real reason to think Lokis illusion would fool Force senses. Fool a clumsy Jedi/Sith? Sure. But shouldnt confuse Yoda.

FrothByte
Thats because it was more than just an illusion in that Lukes essence was there, so Kylo would sense him through the Force.

No real reason to think Lokis illusion would fool Force senses. Fool a clumsy Jedi/Sith? Sure. But shouldnt confuse Yoda.

As I mentioned before, Loki's powers were strong enough cover himself from Heimdall's sight and even cloud Odin.

There's literally no proof that Yoda can easily see through the illusions. He can detect the force within an individual, and in the case of the illusions he won't detect the force. But then it's probable that he wouldn't detect the force within the real Loki either.

I'm giving Yoda the benefit that he can actually see through the illusions eventually even though this is not supported by feats. All I'm saying is that it's not as easy as you guys make it sound.

Darth Thor
^

Bear in mind even Jedi younglings are taught to fight with a blast shield over their eyes.

So as impressive as it is to hide from Heimdall, I dont recall him having feats where he sees straight through illusions, so dont see the relevance to Yoda.

Also dont get your logic for why you think the Force wouldnt register Loki.

Like I already stated, may be an issue for lesser Jedi. But should not be for Yoda Imho.

Nibedicus
^ Heimdell did manage to see thru ship invisibility in Thor 2. That would at least imply an ability to see thru visible deception.

Edit. Altho, to be fair, the invisibility wasn’t very good up close. stick out tongue

FrothByte
^

Bear in mind even Jedi younglings are taught to fight with a blast shield over their eyes.

So as impressive as it is to hide from Heimdall, I dont recall him having feats where he sees straight through illusions, so dont see the relevance to Yoda.

Also dont get your logic for why you think the Force wouldnt register Loki.

Like I already stated, may be an issue for lesser Jedi. But should not be for Yoda Imho.

Because Loki is not from the SW universe and probably does not contain the force. If Jedi younglings are taught to fight blindfolded and that was infallible then again, Kylo should have seen through Luke's illusion, essence or no.

And as mentioned above, Heimdall did see through dark elf cloaking.

So basically what you have here is;
1. The force has previously been fooled by illusions (Kylo)
2. Heimdall is able to see through illusions to a degree (cloaking)
3. Loki is able to hide his presence from Heimdall
4. Yoda has zero feats of seeing through illusions

Am I missing something here or aren't we supposed to argue using feats?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.