Apocalypse vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
who wins

Inedian
Apocalypse

Philosophía
Magneto.

MrMind
no debate and reasons?

Philosophía
Apocalypse has nothing for him.

Magneto puts up shields that defend against teleportation , then keeps his distance and picks him apart. Shuts his brain down, for example.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
no debate and reasons?

Phil's Apoc respect thread has a single page.

His Magneto one will have over 9000 pages.

stick out tongue

MrMind

DarkSaint85
Apoc mindrapes him thumb up

MrMind
I'm trying to instigate a debate between you sexy gentlemen here

watching Phildo vs Dorksaint going at it for 20 pages with Stilt pouring gasoline on fire would be better than any PPV events

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Apoc mindrapes him thumb up

Don't be mean.

First of all, we never discussed Apoc's psionic offensive, just his defense.

Second --- Exodus tried that already, by removing the helmet... don't remember the details, but he did get owned in the end.

Even if we assumed Apoc is capable of doing the same thing (based on his limited tp/tk attack feats), Mags still prevailed in such a scenario.

I'd love to go with Apoc here, but first Marvel needs to start caring about the character... but they're too busy fellatio'ing boring Purple Chin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
I'm trying to instigate a debate between you sexy gentlemen here

Apoc is definitely underrated on KMC, very underrated, but pitting him against Mags is too much; Mags is loaded with feats, even his feats have feats, it's just silly.

MrMind
I feel like I'm in the cool kids club

masterbating furiously

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Apoc is definitely underrated on KMC, very underrated, but pitting him against Mags is too much; Mags is loaded with feats, even his feats have feats, it's just silly.

It be a cool fight to see though

Apoc's recent showing against Thor and Jane Thor (I think, can't remember detail), was impressive

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Apoc did have a great showing against Magnus in a comic based on/being a tie-in to 90s TAS...

But it's non-canon... just as the examples of Mags owning Nur.

They need to fight in 616, but they're bros on the same team now, so it ain't happening.

Hell, even Gorgon has seen "the light" and joined the side of the angels... smh.

I still have no idea what Sinister is doing on the council. Did someone even tell Hickman he's technically not a mutant?

DarkSaint85
He's the token hire.

Apoc: "Hey I have a guy who's willing to intern for us....also, I invented interning in Mesopotamia during 450BC"

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Philosophía
thumb up

Apoc did have a great showing against Magnus in a comic based on/being a tie-in to 90s TAS...

But it's non-canon... just as the examples of Mags owning Nur.

They need to fight in 616, but they're bros on the same team now, so it ain't happening.

Hell, even Gorgon has seen "the light" and joined the side of the angels... smh.

I still have no idea what Sinister is doing on the council. Did someone even tell Hickman he's technically not a mutant? We got two encounters between tangentially-mainstream Magneto and Apoc -- Age of Apocalypse , which is pretty far removed from how they 'really' are, and HoM, where Magneto shut his brain down , but yeah.

https://i.imgur.com/8y3HfSw.png

big grin

For what it's worth, Magneto is classified as Omega and Apoc not, in mainstream.

MrMind
I was gonna post that fight, Phil ninja'd me.
https://panels-of-interest.tumblr.com/post/44937111570/apocalypse-vs-magneto-from-civil-war-house-of

but yeah if it's any indication their two encounters in alt realities reflects on how the writers view this battle would go

MrMind
However AOA Mag didn't seem to be above Apoc at all though
didn't Apoc beat Bishop and Mag first?

I read that shit like 12 years ago, my fuzzy memory from it was Apoc was more powerful but lost just cuz

Inedian
Magneto can't win this... Magneto is also writers favorite ever, so full of bullshit... but as a being, powers... Apocalypse destroys him and is so far above him.

And using AoA, where Apocalypse could destroy him anytime he wanted including ending fight and then Magneto kills him by writers needed to do something.
HoM created to fulfill Magneto wishes.

Apocalypse is a higher level, Magneto writers favorite at the very top.

Inedian
thumb up

What happened?

Magnon
Magneto wins. Not as much a power-level thing as a power-set thing (rock-paper and so forth).

DarkSaint85
I bet Celestial armour is metallic.

Also, he controlled that dead Celestial so...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Inedian
What happened?

Unresolved, iirc.

A lengthy battle resulting in a stalemate, I think.

TAS Apoc was a beast... he made Darkseid from DCAU look like a common bank robber stick out tongue

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I bet Celestial armour is metallic.

Also, he controlled that dead Celestial so...

It may be metallic, but it may also be diamagnetic.

Anyway, Apoc basically has the full control over it and his body, which is probably why no writer has ever had Magneto using it against Nur.

I'm not counting AoA, as it was a planned attack that took a while to "charge", not a weakness exploitation.

In Phil's favourite HoM instance, for example, Apocalypse mentions how there is no metal in vicinity capable of harming him at any rate:

https://i.imgur.com/7htvNYR.png

Inedian
Unresolved, iirc.

A lengthy battle resulting in a stalemate, I think.

TAS Apoc was a beast... he made Darkseid from DCAU look like a common bank robber stick out tongue

It may be metallic, but it may also be diamagnetic.

Anyway, Apoc basically has the full control over it and his body, which is probably why no writer has ever had Magneto using it against Nur.

I'm not counting AoA, as it was a planned attack that took a while to "charge", not a weakness exploitation.

In Phil's favourite HoM instance, for example, Apocalypse mentions how there is no metal in vicinity capable of harming him at any rate:

https://i.imgur.com/7htvNYR.png

Thank you. As far as media goes, Apocalypse was always a beast and far beyond Magneto... X-Men: TAS, X-Men: Evolution, movie X-Men: Apocalypse (my favorite is from TAS). I think because it's pretty clear and intention by Marvel that Apocalypse is simply a higher level, simple as that and that is why they make him powerhouse in other media, a common feeling. In comic it can go as far as him being retarded (maybe there are even worse showings, but for me i think the worse was him having trouble with Dracula, really, it was embaressing and pathetic).

I've seen new respect thread, short thread for now, but good from Phil thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Marvel Drac is not your regular TV vamp, though.

He's powerful and has fought Marvel elites --- against Apocalypse, he couldn't humble him in a direct confrontation, so he planned his attack carefully and relied on his clan to do most of the work.

One-sided prep is a massive advantage.

Without the mind-control trick, he couldn't last 3 panels.

Inedian
Marvel Drac is not your regular TV vamp, though.

He's powerful and has fought Marvel elites --- against Apocalypse, he couldn't humble him in a direct confrontation, so he planned his attack carefully and relied on his clan to do most of the work.

One-sided prep is a massive advantage.

Without the mind-control trick, he couldn't last 3 panels.

Still, he as whole just looked pathetic to me in that arc. The most i liked Apocalypse in comics i think it was in the future when he was rejuvenated by Angel and then destroyed Stryfe, saved Hope... he was spectacular there and a beast (X-Force #16 2008). But i don't think it was canon.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Age of Stryfe counts as an alternate future.

Inedian
Yup, that one.

Philosophía

https://i.imgur.com/7htvNYR.png This scene is hilarious because on one hand, it's the same old retarded 'muh not metal', but then the very next panel he manipulates electromagnetic fields . Magneto has sub-atomic control over everything, that's why he can block and manipulate Proteus or whatnot.

It's like saying that a guy who controls gravity doesn't have apples to use that fall from the trees so he's f*cked.

That's now how gravity or electromagnetism work -- based on apples and metal.

Some comic book writers get their knowledge from Bryan Singer's movies.

Wonder Man
Apocalypse can alter the radical aliais of even Black Bolt.
Protoplasmic invasive destruction. I'd give the win to Apocalypse because he can defeat Magneto's mental ability with it.

-Pr-

Wonder Man
If Apocalypse is one ring in the growth of the tree Magneto would have to lock that ring in every tree ever. It would be a magnificent feat for the Master of Magnetism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.