What would a Sanders Presidency look like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Discuss

Robtard
This for the majority of Americans:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ATw73ajqLiFXO/giphy.gif

This for Trumpers:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FinishedHastyConey-size_restricted.gif

BrolyBlack
Serious please

Surtur
Bread lines make a comeback?

eThneoLgrRnae
It'd probably bring financial ruin to the entire country probably within his first year of office. One thing's for certain, we wouldn't be experiencing the great booming economy that we're experiencing right now under Trump.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur

laughing laughing thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Surtur

Find me the video of Bernie saying breadlines are a good thing, I know it has to exist.

BackFire
At first very similar to Trump's in that there would be massive shock over the fact that he won, even within his own party. I still remember the look on Mcconnell's the day after Trump won, he was just as shocked as everyone else and seemed to not know what to expect. I think high level dems would react the same way. Also conservatives and the GOP would react with outright terror and anger, similarly to how those on the left acted when Trump won.

The stock market would probably react badly since Sanders is seen as being very hostile towards the rich and hostile towards consumerism as a whole. How long such a reaction would last is anyone's guess.

I think on a global scale there would be surprise and also relief, but I think that would come more from Trump no longer being President than Sanders himself.

After a while things would settle down and Sanders would probably get frustrated similarly to how Trump has been frustrated, because in both their cases there will be congressional chamber that is run by the opposition party, and so Sanders probably wouldn't be able to get a whole lot done as far as things like healthcare and tax code.

Also you'd see an increase in the strength of the various safety nets that we have in this country. Probably a massive decrease in military operations and things like drone strikes.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Sanders would probably get frustrated similarly to how Trump has been frustrated, because in both their cases there will be congressional chamber that is run by the opposition party, and so Sanders probably wouldn't be able to get a whole lot done as far as things like healthcare and tax code.

TBF, Trump had two years of a completely Republican controlled government, he just couldn't sway his own party to fall inline with his wishes. eg it was Republicans that blocked his wall funding budget and the flat-out repeal of the ACA.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, Trump had two years of a completely Republican controlled government, he just couldn't sway his own party to fall inline with his wishes. eg it was Republicans that blocked his wall funding budget and the flat-out repeal of the ACA.

The full repeal failed because of a pile of crap named John McCain

BackFire

Yeah, I know. I'm referring to the last couple years of Trump's presidency because it's near impossible for the dems to win the senate this year, so that will remain in the hands of republicans thus making it difficult for Sanders to pass much legislation.

I think if the dems did have control of the government Sanders would still have issues passing a lot of the stuff he wants because there are still some blue dog democrats in the senate, and moderates wouldn't be on board with some of the sweeping massive changes Sanders would propose.

BrolyBlack
Yeah, I know. I'm referring to the last couple years of Trump's presidency because it's near impossible for the dems to win the senate this year, so that will remain in the hands of republicans thus making it difficult for Sanders to pass much legislation.

I think if the dems did have control of the government Sanders would still have issues passing a lot of the stuff he wants because there are still some blue dog democrats in the senate, and moderates wouldn't be on board with some of the sweeping massive changes Sanders would propose.

Do you think Sanders has a good chance chance at winning the nom or are they going to screw him with the super delegates during the contested convention

BackFire

BackFire
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Do you think Sanders has a good chance chance at winning the nom or are they going to screw him with the super delegates during the contested convention

I think he has a good chance now. But the dems screwing him is always a possibility as that seems to be one of their favorite pass times. I think they will avoid that this year though because hopefully they know if he gets the most votes and is obviously the people's choice, and they give it to someone else, that will essentially guarantee a second term for Trump.

I also think it's still very possible someone else wins legitimately, though.

Robtard
The full repeal failed because of a pile of crap named John McCain

Three things, Broly:

1) McCain was a lifelong Republican and part of the Republican party

2) McCain was once again a hero that day

3) McCain didn't dodge out of serving Vietnam like Trump the coward did with a fake doctor's note

BrolyBlack
Three things, Broly:

1) McCain was a lifelong Republican and part of the Republican party

2) McCain was once again a hero that day

3) McCain didn't dodge out of serving Vietnam like Trump the coward did with a fake doctor's note

McCain was a vindictive *******

I’m fine with Trump skipping Nam, it was a fake war. We never should have even been there. Gulf of Tonkin never happened.

BackFire
The full repeal failed because it was a ****ing joke of a bill and a total pile of shit. They had no viable alternative to the ACA and just hoped people would buy their "We'll figure it out later" idiocy. Repubs should thank their lucky stars it failed and that whole shit show ended when it did because if the bill had passed and the nonsense continued for several more months/years they probably would have lost the house even worse than they did.

Robtard
McCain was a vindictive *******

I’m fine with Trump skipping Nam, it was a fake war. We never should have even been there. Gulf of Tonkin never happened.

McCain didn't want to see millions of poor people lose their health insurance, despite being a Republican, he had a conscious and some compassion.

Of course you say that now

Stringer

BackFire
Honestly I kind of agree with Broly on this though, I don't think McCain voted against it because he actually gave a shit about people losing their health care, he essentially said he didn't mind that aspect. He did it because he didn't like "the process", but I think he kind of did it as a middle finger to Trump.

He did the right thing for the wrong reason, but still, the outcome was good.

Robtard
The full repeal failed because it was a ****ing joke of a bill and a total pile of shit. They had no viable alternative to the ACA and just hoped people would buy their "We'll figure it out later" idiocy. Repubs should thank their lucky stars it failed and that whole shit show ended when it did because if the bill had passed and the nonsense continued for several more months/years they probably would have lost the house even worse than they did.

Yep. McCain saved them many a seat.

Robtard
Honestly I kind of agree with Broly on this though, I don't think McCain voted against it because he actually gave a shit about people losing their health care, he essentially said he didn't mind that aspect. He did it because he didn't like "the process", but I think he kind of did it as a middle finger to Trump.

He did the right thing for the wrong reason, but still, the outcome was good.

I don't recall him saying that, I thought he said the opposite, that he couldn't vote on the repeal when there wasn't a viable alternative ready in place ready to go?

Edit:
Found this: "While the amendment would have repealed some of Obamacare's most burdensome regulations, it offered no replacement to actually reform our health care system and deliver affordable, quality health care to our citizens." -McCain

BackFire
I don't recall him saying that, I thought he said the opposite, that he couldn't vote on the repeal when there wasn't a viable alternative ready in place ready to go?

That was part of it. But he mostly didn't like how it was being pushed through without much discussion and debate. He liked a lot of the individual shitty ideas being proposed by the GOP as a possible alternative. He was in favor of things like getting rid of protections for people with preexisting conditions. He just didn't like the process. But I think giving Trump a loss was a big part of that decision for him, too.

Robtard
I found McCain's quote and added it.

BrolyBlack
Cmon Rob he did it for revenge. We all know it.

BackFire
I found McCain's quote and added it.

Yes, but he also was in favor of getting rid of preexisting protections and stuff like that. That's what he considered to be one of those burdensome regulations.

Robtard
Yes, but he also was in favor of getting rid of preexisting protections and stuff like that. That's what he considered to be one of those burdensome regulations.

I don't recall that bit, recall the opposite. But fair enough on that part being shitty.

edit:

"There are literally millions of people whose pre-existing conditions are protected and whose access to insurance is protected and in the state of Arizona hundreds of thousands of people who would have lost Medicaid coverage that McCain stuck up for," Slavitt said.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2018/08/30/john-mccains-thumbs-down-health-vote-recalled-watershed-moment/1116667002/

BackFire
Point is I think Sanders would run into a lot of stuff like that. Resistance within his own party, probably more so than Trump has.

Robtard
Point is I think Sanders would run into a lot of stuff like that. Resistance within his own party, probably more so than Trump has.

That I can see. He'd be having to make this-for-that deals and concessions every step of the way with Democrates.

BackFire
I don't recall that bit, recall the opposite. But fair enough on that part being shitty.

edit:

"There are literally millions of people whose pre-existing conditions are protected and whose access to insurance is protected and in the state of Arizona hundreds of thousands of people who would have lost Medicaid coverage that McCain stuck up for," Slavitt said.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2018/08/30/john-mccains-thumbs-down-health-vote-recalled-watershed-moment/1116667002/

Right. By doing what he did he preserved those protections. My point was that particular aspect was not something he was wanting to save. He did it for reasons other than protecting coverage for those people.

Robtard
Right. By doing what he did he preserved those protections. My point was that particular aspect was not something he was wanting to save. He did it for reasons other than protecting coverage for those people.

You're making it harder for me to rub McCain's dead dick in Broly's face

BackFire
Broly does that by himself in his free time.

Stringer
Broly does that by himself in his free time.

He jacks off to trump a lot. I think Surtur actually set the record last night

Impediment
Lazy people begging for free shit, increased welfare, and a new era of entitlement.

Fast food workers do NOT deserve $15 an hour.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Impediment

Fast food workers do NOT deserve $15 an hour.

why not?

Impediment
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
why not?

Flipping patties and submerging potato sticks into hot grease doesn't take much brain power.

Please don't misunderstand me: I'm not acting high and mighty. I'm not judging McEmployees. I'm no better than any human being.

I'm just saying that my years of studying and busting my ass to become the Level 2 Non-Destructive Testing Technician that I am warrants the hourly rate that I have is because I WORKED FOR IT AND DESERVE IT.

Title doesn't necessarily dictate behavior, but I firmly believe that a person who works with radioactive isotopes deserves to make more than a burger flipper based on merit, education, and the will to advance.

BackFire
I think it depends on the state. $15 an hour for minimum wage in California is the least they should be paid. Honestly it should probably be higher here because of how expensive it is to live here. Where as somewhere in middle america it could probably be less.

Impediment
I think it depends on the state. $15 an hour for minimum wage in California is the least they should be paid. Honestly it should probably be higher here because of how expensive it is to live here. Where as somewhere in middle america it could probably be less.

Serious question: Why is it so expensive for California living?

Stringer
All this education talk I wonder who paid for it. Mommy or daddy?

BrolyBlack
You're making it harder for me to rub McCain's dead dick in Broly's face

Man you fought this pretty hard why?

dadudemon

If Minimum wage gets raised to a living wage or something much higher than now, capitalism will run it's course and these jobs will be, rightfully so, automated.

It will help us move more quickly into the automation territory when it comes to fast food.

It creates a financial incentive for these companies to automate to a less costly solution. When you have an ROI that is now sub-5 years, that's a strategic initiative that you can sell to shareholders and get board approval. It's what happened with the QSR Kiosk model (Quick Service Retail where you use a Kiosk instead of a human to make your orders, completely).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Stringer
All this education talk I wonder who paid for it. Mommy or daddy?

I paid for my own and some of it was paid for by the University because I won academic scholarships because I was so awesome. No, I'm not kidding.

This is not even a humble brag: it is a brag-brag. I earned it. I did it. Me.

I WISH I had rich parents to fund a start-up, though.

Bashar Teg
Flipping patties and submerging potato sticks into hot grease doesn't take much brain power.

Please don't misunderstand me: I'm not acting high and mighty. I'm not judging McEmployees. I'm no better than any human being.

I'm just saying that my years of studying and busting my ass to become the Level 2 Non-Destructive Testing Technician that I am warrants the hourly rate that I have is because I WORKED FOR IT AND DESERVE IT.

Title doesn't necessarily dictate behavior, but I firmly believe that a person who works with radioactive isotopes deserves to make more than a burger flipper based on merit, education, and the will to advance.

I think everyone who works full time deserves to not have to live in poverty, on government assistance, etc. is your point that skilled labor is typically underpaid, often grossly? I can certainly agree with that, I just don't agree over punishing the little guy for it

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I think everyone who works full time deserves to not have to live in poverty, on government assistance, etc. is your point that skilled labor is typically underpaid, often grossly? I can certainly agree with that, I just don't agree over punishing the little guy for it

Do you prefer a Universal Basic Income instead of adjusting wages, if given the choice?

BackFire
Serious question: Why is it so expensive for California living?

Just demand, basically. Many people desire to live here, and they're willing to pay a lot to do so.

Surtur
Just demand, basically. Many people desire to live here, and they're willing to pay a lot to do so.

I have read a lot of people are leaving for texas?

BackFire
Yeah you always hear about a lot of people leaving for Texas or Oregon or whatever, but there seem to be new people coming to take their place. At least the insane traffic levels suggest that. It's worse than ever as far as I can tell.

dadudemon
Yeah you always hear about a lot of people leaving for Texas or Oregon or whatever, but there seem to be new people coming to take their place. At least the insane traffic levels suggest that. It's worse than ever as far as I can tell.

New people coming to California?

hmm

awesome

cdtm
Serious please

You mean less serious?

He was more serious then your threads deserve. thumb up

Surtur

To be fair people are leaving Illinois too we have the highest property taxes in the country I think.

This state is run by a-holes they wanna tax you extra for weed edibles.

cdtm

Undocumented immigrants?

Or ultra rich New Yorkers who's vast wealth couldn't buy properties that were occupied?

Patient_Leech

This, almost definitely. Because of corruption and phony, powerful "liberals."

So I honestly wouldn't expect to see much of what Sanders is fighting for to actually happen anytime soon. But it would at least be a step in the right direction.

Surtur
The only question is how long are we gonna be stuck in this two party system? How do we break this cycle?

eThneoLgrRnae
I've heard that California is losing far more people than they are gaining. From what I've heard, people are leaving in droves, and yes, many are moving (or have already moved) to Texas which, coupled with illegal immigration, is why Texas is in danger of becoming blue in the near future. SJW snowflakes wanna bring the failed policies of the left to Texas.

God help us if they succeed because if and when Texas turns blue it'll probably be all she wrote for republicans in any future presidential elections.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I've heard that California is losing far more people than they are gaining. From what I've heard, people are leaving in droves, and yes, many are moving (or have already moved) to Texas which, coupled with illegal immigration, is why Texas is in danger of becoming blue in the near future. SJW snowflakes wanna bring the failed policies of the left to Texas. dur

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Putinbot1
dur

*yawn*

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Putinbot1
dur

Never gets old. thumb up

laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
^Pooty's new butt buddy lol.

Adam_PoE
Not true at all.

He campaigned a ton for Clinton after she was the nominee and now SHE'S the one talking shit about him.

Warren seems to be the one to me who is acting chicken shit towards Sanders at the moment by blabbing about some private conversation they had and spinning it in the shittiest way possible in an effort to hurt him.

Sanders was also mathematically eliminated in March and stayed in the race until July, which damaged Clinton going into November. During that time, he raised money for himself, but no down-ticket Democrats, and danced around whether he would endorse Clinton, or urge his supporters to vote for her. He campaigned for her in the end, but he was not a good sport about it.

Warren, on the other hand, has good policies, but is a bad politician. She has a tin ear, and poor political instincts, like recently calling black women "pushy," or publicizing her DNA ancestry test. She tried to criticize Buttigieg for holding a fundraiser that not only was not improper, but the same sort of fundraiser she held while running for the Senate; and for trying to accuse Sanders of making a sexist remark through innuendo. Those hits missed their mark, and it made her look desperate and ineffectual.

Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.