72% of U.S. public dissatisfied with the state of the U.S.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Gallup chief says most Americans are dissatisfied with state of the nation

Gallup editor-in-chief Mohamed Younis said on Hill.TV's "What America's Thinking" on Wednesday that the majority of the U.S. public are dissatisfied with the state of the nation.

"The way I would say the public is describing the state of the union right now is dissatisfied," Younis told Hill.TV's Krystal Ball the day after President Trump's annual State of the Union address.

"Twenty-six percent of people in this country right now say they're satisfied with how things are going in the U.S. generally," he continued, referring to a Gallup poll conducted last month.

The same survey found that 72 percent of respondents were dissatisfied with the state of the U.S.

"The last time a majority of people were satisfied was 2004," he said, adding that a variety of reasons are behind the trend.

"Some of them are economic. Some of them are social. Some of them are technology-related, but certainly people are less likely to be positive in their assessment of how the country is going as a whole," he said. -snip

dadudemon
Agreed with this.

I am part of the 72% who are dissatisfied with the State of the US.

There are still Democrats who hold public offices and that's just unacceptable.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Agreed with this.

I am part of the 72% who are dissatisfied with the State of the US.

There are still Democrats who hold public offices and that's just unacceptable.

https://i.imgur.com/yrDDXkw.jpg

Robtard
KMC's Team Trump at it again.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard

haermm

I'm just trolling you.

I am dissatisfied for reasons I've already outlined for many years. Has nothing to do with partisan stuff.

Surtur

I'm so sorry this thread isn't going the way you'd hoped. Thoughts and prayers thumb up

Robtard
Or is it...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm so sorry this thread isn't going the way you'd hoped. Thoughts and prayers thumb up

The data speaks for itself.

The majority of people realize we have a wannabe autocrat in office who was just granted immunity by his corrupt party.

SquallX

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The data speaks for itself.

The majority of people realize we have a wannabe autocrat in office who was just granted immunity by his corrupt party.

Bingo.

Bingo again.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by SquallX
How is Trump an autocrat?

Oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that he stated plainly that he thinks the Constitution basically gives him the power to do anything he wants. He actually said that. Deny it, please.

Robtard

Robtard
Oh, I don't know... maybe the fact that he stated plainly that he thinks the Constitution basically gives him the power to do anything he wants. He actually said that. Deny it, please.

You have to be more precise or they'll spin, Trump said "Article Two" specifically allows him to do anything he wants.

Which of course sensible people know is a lie. I suspect there will be a dodge or the claim that "he was joking".

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm continually in awe at how people defend Trump and his Republican enablers. And even deny simple reality.

I guess this is how nations descend into autocracy. Now we know first hand. sad

Lord Lucien
I didn't think the U.S. was a state.

BrolyBlack
Every other post made In this forum is about Trump.

BrolyBlack

You dummy, you fell for that? Try listening to the whole quote instead of being a gullible person that you claim you are not.

S_W_LeGenD
Indeed.

Let the President do his job and serve US in whatever ways he wanted to. However, Democrats attempted to sabotage Trump administration with Russian collusion and impeachment trial - obstructionist politics.

Why Democrats not pay much attention to fixing American infrastructure and other issues? Why Democrats continue to disrespect voters who brought Donald Trump to power?

Democrats have little game outside LGBTQ+ agenda. Shame.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You dummy, you fell for that? Try listening to the whole quote instead of being a gullible person that you claim you are not.

I saw the video. Dummy.

BrolyBlack

Patient_Leech
I'm sure it exonerates him of all autocratic tendencies. thumb up

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
I'm sure it exonerates him of all autocratic tendencies. thumb up

Less autocratic that Obama and Bush Jr., for sure. Trump is a step down from the monarchical tendencies from decades past.

The only thing I'd like to see Trump do better, in this particular area, is undo all the 4th amendment spying on Americans stuff that Bush Jr. and Obama did.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
The only thing I'd like to see Trump do better, in this particular area, is undo all the 4th amendment spying on Americans stuff that Bush Jr. and Obama did.

Yeah, that'd be great! I wouldn't hold my breath, though. laughing out loud

At least he's undoing environmental protection and giving tax breaks to the super rich. A real champion of the people. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Well I accept your concession on being off on the facts of your argumentthumb up

dadudemon

At least he's undoing environmental protection and giving tax breaks to the super rich. A real champion of the people. thumb up

Actually, you're right. One of the ways Trump has reduced the Office of the President of the United States' powers is by rolling back some regulations.

Another way is he continually asks "can I do this" and then goes through the proper channels to ensure he's not breaking the rules or expanding his powers. And example of this is the Ukrainian aid thing. He ensured payment was back on track to adhere to the law that required payment or aid not be delayed longer than 90 days. By the time the fateful call was being held, payment activities were already taking place to not break that 90 day rule. Contrast that with Obama and Bush not doing that when they felt like it.

A great example from Obama is getting ACA funded with executive orders: flies directly in the face of congressional budget approvals. And also his expansion of the spying powers Bush Jr. started. Also, Obama's expansion of our military conquests/occupations without congressional approval.

As Trump dismantles Obama's and some of Bush's decisions, he's effectively reducing his powers. And by double and triple checking what he can and cannot do as a president (by coloring in the lines), he's bringing back checks and balances to the Office.

What's hilarious is no news sites cover these things when I search for it. All the articles talk about his how Trump expanded presidential powers and how evil and autocratic he is. Laughable. The TDS is strong on this topic. If I didn't know any better, I'd buy into that rubbish and end up believing it. I shouldn't have to rely on my memory to fact check about 20 different sites.

Edit - I should be clearer that I think Trump is no where near the level of "checking the presidential powers" that he should be. He's walking back some stuff and operating carefully, yes. But not nearly enough for my tastes.

Robtard

Wait, are you saying that when Trump claimed his tax reform was going to hurt him financially and the wealthy like him, he was lying?

Patient_Leech
Wait, are you saying that when Trump claimed his tax reform was going to hurt him financially and the wealthy like him, he was lying?

https://media.giphy.com/media/aWPGuTlDqq2yc/giphy.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.