Lightsaber crystals: canon vs. legends??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Which lore's take on lightsaber crystals do you prefer and why?

Galan007
Canon, definitely.

Where Jedi kyber crystals are concerned, I like that they are more intimately tied with the user, and the color they initially become is based on the inner emotional/spiritual state of the Jedi.

Where Sith blades are concerned, I definitely like that they must take a crystal from a Jedi's weapon, and make it 'bleed' by pouring their hate and whatnot into it, in order for the crystal to become red. That seems extremely fitting... I was never a fan of the "synthetic" crystals in Legends.

I also think it's very cool that a red kyber can be taken from a Sith weapon and 'healed' with the Force... That's how Ahsoka made her white blades, for example.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Canon, definitely.

Where Jedi kyber crystals are concerned, I like that they are more intimately tied with the user, and the color they initially become is based on the inner emotional/spiritual state of the Jedi.

Where Sith blades are concerned, I definitely like that they must take a crystal from a Jedi's weapon, and make it 'bleed' by pouring their hate and whatnot into it, in order for the crystal to become red. That seems extremely fitting... I was never a fan of the "synthetic" crystals in Legends.

I also think it's very cool that a red kyber can be taken from a Sith weapon and 'healed' with the Force... That's how Ahsoka made her white blades, for example.

I mean that was also a thing in Legends too, Jaden did it with Alpha's saber. Turning it from red to yellow.

So changing a lightsaber color is a thing, but it's just not as frequent. The crystals are also tied to the user, Luke also showed this while making his own crystal and it becoming green.

I'd say there isn't much difference between the lore frankly, so I'm not sure of this question.

Eli Vanto
There actually seems to be a pretty big difference between Jedi and Sith kyber crystals between canon and legends.

Freedon Nadd
I think in KotOR 2, they said something similar about one's connection to their lightsabre/s.

Eli Vanto
Yeah true. I guess the main difference is just with Sith kybers.

Zentrex
If I remember correctly, Legends, despite exeptions, mostly stuck to the idea that you found your lightsaber crystal because you shared a connection with it. And then there were synthetic crystals. I liked that concept. Probably because there were so many installments that referenced it.

But I do like the Canon ideas better, for the same reasons that Galan explained.

There's not as many exceptions, just because canon hasn't had 37 years of installments to add their own little tidbit to the lore, but that's almost a good thing, because then there's a more straight-forward story. You could argue the same concepts that exist in canon were there in legends in some capacity, but they wouldn't have been discussed in a forum like this back during Legends' time because they were simply exceptions to the rule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.