Luke's green saber??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Was it ever mentioned why Luke designed his lightsaber to look almost identical to Obi-Wan's? And my bigger question is if it has ever been said where he got the green kyber crystal for it?

Zenwolf
From Kenobi's hut.

Galan007
As for where his green crystal came from: in Legends it was synthetic -- he created it himself.

No answer has been given in canon, however. Luke may have found it himself on some remote world, or he may have found Qui-Gon's saber in Kenobi's hut and harvested its crystal.

StiltmanFTW
In Legends it was synthetic?

Wow, didn't know that.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
As for where his green crystal came from: in Legends it was synthetic -- he created it himself.

No answer has been given in canon, however. Luke may have found it himself on some remote world, or he may have found Qui-Gon's saber in Kenobi's hut and harvested its crystal. If it was Qui-Gon's crystal, that would be pretty sick.

Lord Lucien
The real reason was because the filmmakers couldn't make a blue blade stand out against the sky during the fight on Jabba's barge.

I assume the in-universe reason was the exact same.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jmanghan
If it was Qui-Gon's crystal, that would be pretty sick. I think it would be awesome if that ended up being the case. thumb up

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
I think it would be awesome if that ended up being the case. thumb up

Probably not, according to the wiki, Obi-Wan retired it within the Jedi Temple. Which Luke has no way of getting to.

Galan007
Really?

Well that's stupid. sad

Lord Lucien
Nahh that's fine. Qui-Gon sucked.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Probably not, according to the wiki, Obi-Wan retired it within the Jedi Temple. Which Luke has no way of getting to. Is that canon or legends?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Is that canon or legends?

Canon. Though probably the same for Legends too.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Nahh that's fine. Qui-Gon sucked. He and Maul were the best part of Episode 1, **** Padawan Kenobi.

Galan007
Not sure what the process is for 'retiring' a fallen Jedi's lightsaber, but assuming it was just placed in the vaults, then I could definitely see Kenobi grabbing it when he and Yoda went on their mission back to the Temple following Order 66. I can't imagine him just leaving it there for the Sith to potentially take as a trophy, and/or destroy.

I mean, even Yoda kept mementos from Qui-Gon after the events of RotS. His blanket was made from Qui-Gon's Jedi robes, for example... So it would certainly make sense for Kenobi to take something as important as his old master's saber.

Eli Vanto
Yodas blanket was Qui-gon's robe? When in the hell did that happen?? confused

Dominis
Lol

Weird ass.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Yodas blanket was Qui-gon's robe? When in the hell did that happen?? confused

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He was emotionless, lifeless, stupid, and pointless. And Maul was the best part of Episode 1, **** Padawan Kenobi. Oh f*ck, I agree.

Eli Vanto
Looks like we might get a canon answer for Luke's green saber in issue 35.

https://i.postimg.cc/87Hm0FC8/1.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/w1Hk25gc/2.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/qz2L2DVv/3.jpg

Galan007
Interesting. I suppose purifying a kyber that has already been bled would be a good lesson for Luke... Though I'd still prefer if he just recycled Qui-Gon's kyber for his RotJ saber. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.