Study links low intelligence with right-wing beliefs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models. -snip

Putinbot1
I actually posted something like this a while back and DDM did his "gaslighting" thing.

Robtard
Interesting, cos the data is the data

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Interesting, cos the data is the data it was then too.

snowdragon
I'd have to read more of that study but on its face value I can believe some/most of whats being presented on face value. Especially in regards to low intergroup contact, which I'm sure has ties to poverty/low income as well.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
I'd have to read more of that study but on its face value I can believe some/most of whats being presented on face value. Especially in regards to low intergroup contact, which I'm sure has ties to poverty/low income as well.

Are you saying that there's a correlation with being poor and having right-wing views?

Cos that would tie into the "low intelligence" data point from the study as well. eg come this November there will be millions of poverty/low income people who are on the ACA (Obamacare) who will be voting for Trump again, despite Trump being very clear about destroying the ACA and having slowly chipped away at it for 3+ years now.

They're voting against their own physical and/or mental health, that doesn't sound like a smart move.

Putinbot1
Are you saying that there's a correlation with being poor and having right-wing views?

Cos that would tie into the "low intelligence" data point from the study as well. eg come this November there will be millions of poverty/low income people who are on the ACA (Obamacare) who will be voting for Trump again, despite Trump being very clear about destroying the ACA and having slowly chipped away at it for 3+ years now.

They're voting against their own physical and/or mental health, that doesn't sound like a smart move. I see what you did there. I laughed laughing out loud

Robtard
Huh? confused

Cos that will be happening this Nov, these same people who rely on the ACA for their free-to-them or affordable health insurance will be voting for the man who has been explicitly clear that he wants to abolish said healthcare**, one of the few things he's very clear on.

**Should be noted that Trump doesn't have a better plan to replace the ACA.

snowdragon
Huh? confused

Cos that will be happening this Nov, these same people who rely on the ACA for their free-to-them or affordable health insurance will be voting for the man who has been explicitly clear that he wants to abolish said healthcare**, one of the few things he's very clear on.

**Should be noted that Trump doesn't have a better plan to replace the ACA.

We need to take some of the wind out of what we have allowed large corporations and the hyper-wealthy to soak up and that's probably going to be Bernie even if I really dislike some of his policies.

Robtard
We need to take some of the wind out of what we have allowed large corporations and the hyper-wealthy to soak up and that's probably going to be Bernie even if I really dislike some of his policies.

thumb up

Surtur
Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact

Despite their important implications for interpersonal behaviors and relations, cognitive abilities have been largely ignored as explanations of prejudice. We proposed and tested mediation models in which lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice, an effect mediated through the endorsement of right-wing ideologies (social conservatism, right-wing authoritarianism) and low levels of contact with out-groups. In an analysis of two large-scale, nationally representative United Kingdom data sets (N = 15,874), we found that lower general intelligence (g) in childhood predicts greater racism in adulthood, and this effect was largely mediated via conservative ideology. A secondary analysis of a U.S. data set confirmed a predictive effect of poor abstract-reasoning skills on antihomosexual prejudice, a relation partially mediated by both authoritarianism and low levels of intergroup contact. All analyses controlled for education and socioeconomic status. Our results suggest that cognitive abilities play a critical, albeit underappreciated, role in prejudice. Consequently, we recommend a heightened focus on cognitive ability in research on prejudice and a better integration of cognitive ability into prejudice models. -snip

https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

Robtard
Well you've shown that you can gif-copy Bash again, Surt.

Do you have anything to add on the topic/study?

cdtm
Highly intelligent people tend to be evil.

Einstein made the bomb.

eThneoLgrRnae
Another troll thread by a severely butthurt anti-Trumper lol.

#StillYourPresident

#AcquitttedForever

Putinbot1
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Another troll thread by a severely butthurt anti-Trumper lol.

#StillYourPresident

#AcquitttedForever durhulk

eThneoLgrRnae
Well you've shown that you can gif-copy Bash again, Surt.

Do you have anything to add on the topic/study?

*yawn* This is not a legitimate topic. It's a troll thread and you know it.

So sorry your fragile little fee fees were hurt by Trump being forever acquitted.

Trump/Pence 2020. smile

Putinbot1
*yawn* This is not a legitimate topic. It's a troll thread and you know it.

So sorry your fragile little fee fees were hurt by Trump being forever acquitted.

Trump/Pence 2020. smile dur Fly doesn't like facts.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Putinbot1
durhulk

...and you're still butthurt over Boris Johnson becoming your prime minister lol. And of course you're still butthurt over Brexit as well lol. laughing out loud

Putinbot1
...and you're still butthurt over Boris Johnson becoming your prime minister lol. And of course you're still butthurt over Brexit as well lol. laughing out loud durhulk

eThneoLgrRnae
It's good to know troll threads like this are allowed to stay open. So, in the future, if Surtur, Broly, or myself decide to post a similar thread mocking dumb leftists instead I guess it 'll be okay as well. wink

Putinbot1
It's good to know troll threads like this are allowed to stay open. So, in the future, if Surtur, Broly, or myself decide to post a similar thread mocking dumb leftists instead I guess it 'll be okay as well. wink dur

Robtard
It's good to know troll threads like this are allowed to stay open. So, in the future, if Surtur, Broly, or myself decide to post a similar thread mocking dumb leftists instead I guess it 'll be okay as well. wink

There's plenty of threads meant to "mock leftist" that are still open; in fact, you created some of them yourself my retarded friend star/fly.

ps Keep posting, you're given credence to this study

dadudemon
I actually posted something like this a while back and DDM did his "gaslighting" thing.

Nice try at gaslighting the previous conversation to make seem like I was gaslighitng. wink

I know you still hurt from that conversation because you didn't want to be wrong but here is the post again:

Originally posted by dadudemon
What recent research does show is that extremes on either end are less intelligent. Economic conservatives are more intelligent than social liberals, Republicans have higher verbal IQ than Democrats, and intelligence correlates more to Republicans (classical liberals who want maximum individual freedom).

It's as if this topic is far more nuanced than you thought:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614000373

https://reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals

Surtur
^^

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/InbornLinearHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Robtard
"It depends on how you define "conservative." The research shows classical liberals/libertarians are smartest of all." -Synopsis line of the article

dadudemon
"It depends on how you define "conservative." The research shows classical liberals/libertarians are smartest of all." -Synopsis line of the article

And if you read further, the researcher - who is not associated with reason.com - clarifies:

I know this game bugs you a lot. I know it is irritating. I know it sucks to have someone come into you thread and shit all over your narrative. But it is what it is.

Robtard
Why would I need to read further when what you quoted supports what I quoted? Liberals are smarter, per the study.

Pat yourself on the back some more, there's at least one watching right now.

dadudemon
Why would I need to read further when what you quoted supports what I quoted? Liberals are smarter, per the study.

Pat yourself on the back some more, there's at least one watching right now.

Don't mind if I pat myself onthe back, more:

I mean...I literally had to quote half of the article so you couldn't wriggle out of it. Are you trusting that no one will actually open up the article and read it? haermm

And, don't worry, I can't pat myself on the back anymore: my arm is cramping because you keep setting me up to spike it back for the point.

Robtard
Liberals are smarter, per the study. Seems be both agree here.

I can quote too:

Wonder Man
If you could save unborn babies today and refuse because of being right you are a fool.

eThneoLgrRnae
Robbie and putinbot in a private conversation:

Robbie: "It sucks that we on the left just keep losing and losing. First it was Brexit...then Trump won... then he succeeded to put two conservatives on SC despite our best efforts to stop him by lying about his picks... then the russian collusion narrative was debunked... then Boris Johnson won... then Trump was acquitted on the BS impeachment charges so now we have to face him in 2020 election which we know deep down we'll lose... why can't we catch a damn break?"

PB: "Yeah, I know... it sucks, mate. I'm fighting to hold back tears as I type this at how often we keep losing and I don't know how long I can keep up the charade on the forum that I'm actually happy and keep projecting my butthurt onto Trumpers/right-wingers. Really frustrating... we need to get a pretend win somehow to make ourselves feel better... but how?"

Robbie: "Hey, I have a great idea! I'll make a 'Right-wingers are dumb!' thread to troll Trumpers!! It'll be perfect!"

PB: "Brilliant! I mean, that is what us lefties do when we can't win an argument or beat our opponents in elections and stuff: we simply call them names!! Damn, we are so cool bro! Pretend winning is so much fun! Wee!!"

laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

Robtard
You could have at least made that funny, star/fly. I feel cheated out of precious seconds.

Wonder Man
Isn't this the look at my thumb game though.

Bashar Teg
Robbie and putinbot in a private conversation:

Robbie: "It sucks that we on the left just keep losing and losing. First it was Brexit...then Trump won... then he succeeded to put two conservatives on SC despite our best efforts to stop him by lying about his picks... then the russian collusion narrative was debunked... then Boris Johnson won... then Trump was acquitted on the BS impeachment charges so now we have to face him in 2020 election which we know deep down we'll lose... why can't we catch a damn break?"

PB: "Yeah, I know... it sucks, mate. I'm fighting to hold back tears as I type this at how often we keep losing and I don't know how long I can keep up the charade on the forum that I'm actually happy and keep projecting my butthurt onto Trumpers/right-wingers. Really frustrating... we need to get a pretend win somehow to make ourselves feel better... but how?"

Robbie: "Hey, I have a great idea! I'll make a 'Right-wingers are dumb!' thread to troll Trumpers!! It'll be perfect!"

PB: "Brilliant! I mean, that is what us lefties do when we can't win an argument or beat our opponents in elections and stuff: we simply call them names!! Damn, we are so cool bro! Pretend winning is so much fun! Wee!!"

laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

https://i.imgur.com/keFLWhF.gif

Putinbot1

I can quote too: My point last time thumb up DDM and his gaslighting.

Blakemore
Butthurt thread because dadudemon posted an article that said Trump supporters were smarter than Hill supporters.

Robtard, what even is your formal education status? I can tell you, I am at the very least at degree level.

dadudemon

I can quote too:

Not all Republican voters are purely conservatives. Not all liberals are Democrats.

Your most intelligent and informed voting block votes Republican.

It's in the quote. smile

Are you upset by these facts? "Republicans are dumb" is dumb. "Democrats are dumb" is dumb.

My point last time thumb up DDM and his gaslighting.

You "missed" my point last time and you "missed" it again, this time. thumb up

Missed is in quotes because you didn't miss it. You're just gaslighting.

snowdragon
Not all Republican voters are purely conservatives. Not all liberals are Democrats.

Are you upset by these facts? "Republicans are dumb" is dumb. "Democrats are dumb" is dumb.

I thought with the threads the last few days we learned far right = dumb, far left = crazy, it's all well documented, there is some quote from the bible that would make it even more relevant as well, I'm sure.

dadudemon
I thought with the threads the last few days we learned far right = dumb, far left = crazy, it's all well documented, there is some quote from the bible that would make it even more relevant as well, I'm sure.

Far left and far right are more dumb than center, liberals, and libertarians.

Classical Liberals, also known as conservative libertarians, who vote Republican, are the most intelligent and informed voters.

The more left you are, the more severe mental health issues you have. There is significantly less of a correlation for right wingers, though.

Trying to say, "Republicans are dumber than Democrats" is not an honest statement.

Adam Grimes
Why bring up mental health when talking about intelligence, though?

Autism, depression, bipolar and such have been present in most of history's smartest people.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why bring up mental health when talking about intelligence, though?

Sever mental health disorders strongly influence the ability to make well-reasoned decisions which directly ties into politics and personal life choices.

Autism, depression, bipolar and such have been present in most of history's smartest people.

We are talking about politics, not scientific achievement.

Blakemore
I'm starting to belive this crazy left narrative....

eThneoLgrRnae
You could have at least made that funny, star/fly. I feel cheated out of precious seconds.

Aww, I'm so sorry I hurt your fragile wittle fee fees, robbie. sad

eThneoLgrRnae

I can quote too:

Nah, they're not smarter but if telling yourself that they are soothes your constant butthurt over Trump still being your president then knock yourself out, robbie. wink

Blakemore
Originally posted by Blakemore
Butthurt thread because dadudemon posted an article that said Trump supporters were smarter than Hill supporters.

Robtard, what even is your formal education status? I can tell you, I am at the very least at degree level. Hey, Robtard...... answer.

cdtm
Do we define what higher vs lower intelligence means?

Because when you get to the genius level, common wisdom claims they don't view the world at all like "normal people".

eThneoLgrRnae
In robbie's little mind: if you believe that sexuality is a "spectrum" and that there are over five dozen genders and that a man can become a woman simply by wishing it then you're a woke friggin' "genius."

If you believe in absolutes like there only being two genders and that 2 + 2 always, without exception, = 4 though then you're just a right-wing dummy.

jaden_2.0
that 2 + 2 always, without exception, = 4 though then you're just a right-wing dummy.

dight-wing rummy

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm not clicking on your link, jaden, as I'm sure it is nothing of actual relevance.

Lord Lucien
I'm not clicking on your link, jaden, as I'm sure it is nothing of actual relevance. It's filled with t*ts and ass so of course you wouldn't be interested, gaywad.

Putinbot1
Sever mental health disorders strongly influence the ability to make well-reasoned decisions which directly ties into politics and personal life choices.

We are talking about politics, not scientific achievement. Ahh, this is questionable. Many would say Greta Thunberg has a better and more focused view on what is best for this planet and life on it than the POTUS... bad analogy, he is clearly more deranged than an autist.

Surtur
Well if the goal of the thread was to show that the left is more intelligent than the right...it hasn't succeeded.

So sorry this happened.

Putinbot1
My point last time thumb up DDM and his gaslighting.

Adam Grimes
Sever mental health disorders strongly influence the ability to make well-reasoned decisions which directly ties into politics and personal life choices. It's funny you bringing up this point considering how pedophilia and incest apparently are a pretty common occurrence within multiple right-wing leaning demographics.

eThneoLgrRnae
Pedophilia is much more common among left-leaning areas.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Well if the goal of the thread was to show that the left is more intelligent than the right...it hasn't succeeded.

So sorry this happened.

thumb up

cdtm
It's funny you bringing up this point considering how pedophilia and incest apparently are a pretty common occurrence within multiple right-wing leaning demographics.

Are they really though?

Or is that just picking on "ignorant hillbillies" because they make easy targets?

Adam Grimes
Not only talking about voters, though.

SquallX

dadudemon
It's funny you bringing up this point considering how pedophilia and incest apparently are a pretty common occurrence within multiple right-wing leaning demographics.

And left-wing.

Do you have a credible citation for your claim about "right-wing" because what we learned in college was they come from every part of society, all shapes and sizes, all backgrounds, with no differentiation. Obviously, the rich are far better at covering it up.

cdtm
And left-wing.

Do you have a credible citation for your claim about "right-wing" because what we learned in college was they come from every part of society, all shapes and sizes, all backgrounds, with no differentiation. Obviously, the rich are far better at covering it up.

As I've said, Catholics and our problems are big news.

No one ever talks about pedofile's from other religions, except small outlets. Funny that.

dadudemon
Ahh, this is questionable. Many would say Greta Thunberg has a better and more focused view on what is best for this planet and life on it than the POTUS...

But she doesn't. That's a bad comparison. Comparing Greta's grasp on what is best for the planet and life with almost anyone is a bad idea.

Let me see if I can find an exception to my point so I can make your point even better.*

But before that, finding exceptions to my point doesn't refute my point. You're just finding exceptions to try and avoid the actual point. This is known as the exceptions fallacy.

Often, you see scientists from unrelated fields making stupid statements about politics and policy. There's a reason for that: they are not experts in those fields.

Should medical doctors, psychologists, and family service professionals create and inform drug policy? Yes, they should. They are directly involved, from a research and support perspective, those who use and/or abuse drugs.

Should a 19 year old, second year, Bernie Sanders voter, who comes from an upper middle class family, create drug policies because they enjoy getting high on x at their favorite club or pad? No, probably not. But that's not how politics work. This person has an equal weight vote with an ER Medical Doctor who treats the dehydrated, dying, or dead victims of x use. That's odd. But, hey, that's democracy.

We end up with propaganda puppets in the form of Greta who have greater influences on policy than climatologists who tell us about ice ages from millions of years ago when the atmospheric CO2 was 12 times higher than now but 3 times colder than now.

*I cannot think of a good exception. The ones I can think of actually worked in areas related to policy and, therefore, don't work as an exception.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
As I've said, Catholics and our problems are big news.

No one ever talks about pedofile's from other religions, except small outlets. Funny that.

Catholic church is a much larger target and people hated going to church. They also hate their life choices and their self-perceived sins. So they go after the Church to help them with their cognitive dissonance. "See, this church is bad. My premarital sex is okay. Right? So is my alcoholism and drug use. So is my fapping. RIGHT? GOD?"

Surtur
Many would say Greta Thunberg has a better and more focused view on what is best for this planet and life on it than the POTUS... bad analogy, he is clearly more deranged than an autist.

https://media.tenor.com/images/b85413b368392ba78e647438f2366d46/tenor.gif

Putinbot1
But she doesn't. That's a bad comparison. Comparing Greta's grasp on what is best for the planet and life with almost anyone is a bad idea.

Let me see if I can find an exception to my point so I can make your point even better.*

But before that, finding exceptions to my point doesn't refute my point. You're just finding exceptions to try and avoid the actual point. This is known as the exceptions fallacy.

Often, you see scientists from unrelated fields making stupid statements about politics and policy. There's a reason for that: they are not experts in those fields.

Should medical doctors, psychologists, and family service professionals create and inform drug policy? Yes, they should. They are directly involved, from a research and support perspective, those who use and/or abuse drugs.

Should a 19 year old, second year, Bernie Sanders voter, who comes from an upper middle class family, create drug policies because they enjoy getting high on x at their favorite club or pad? No, probably not. But that's not how politics work. This person has an equal weight vote with an ER Medical Doctor who treats the dehydrated, dying, or dead victims of x use. That's odd. But, hey, that's democracy.

We end up with propaganda puppets in the form of Greta who have greater influences on policy than climatologists who tell us about ice ages from millions of years ago when the atmospheric CO2 was 12 times higher than now but 3 times colder than now.

*I cannot think of a good exception. The ones I can think of actually worked in areas related to policy and, therefore, don't work as an exception. Can't believe two lines triggered that... will reply fully in the week.

To CDTM it's not just the Catholics many religions are steeped in paedophilia. In fact some are indeed started by them and finance charitable organisations to outsource the operations... What do you think DDM?

eThneoLgrRnae
Greta is just an angry snot-nosed little brat. Nah, she doesn't know what is better for the planet. She has been force-fed lies about global warming/climate change her entire very short (so far) life.

Our great president will not be taking lectures from her, sorry. wink

Putinbot1
When America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold... When China sneezes, the rest of the world gets Coronavius.

China>US Fly?

Surtur
Speaking of China and Greta, when will she be heading to China to whine and cry at their leaders about climate change?

eThneoLgrRnae
Poor wittle pooty is now triggered over my sig lol.... smh. no

eThneoLgrRnae
Speaking of China and Greta, when will she be heading to China to whine and cry at their leaders about climate change?

I think we all know she won't lol.

dadudemon
Can't believe two lines triggered that... will reply fully in the week.

If you're too immature to hold an adult conversation by relegating it all to wanker dialogue like 'lol, u got triggered', then engaging in any type of adult conversation with you is not a good use of my time.

I had assumed you were interested in a legitimate conversation, not the Surt-Robtard time waster games.

No one is triggered. No one is mad. If you just want to troll or one-up, great, I'm out. But if you're legitimately interested in learning new things or being exposed to informed opinions which may not necessarily align with yours, I'm still game.

What do you think DDM?

I think sex trafficking and sex slavery are far more rampant than creepy perverted priests in the Catholic church. That's by the numbers. So I guess I didn't state what I think, yet. What I think is people focus on things that seem scandalous and like to call out what they view as hypocrisy. And it's also all the other stuff I said: people want to attack the biggest church in the world because most of them don't want to readily acknowledge their perceived sins. So they go after the thing that taught them they are sinning. Makes them feel better.

Surtur
U gotta love him being triggered you gave a legit response and then him asking you what you think about the situation.

El Oh El.

Putinbot1
If you're too immature to hold an adult conversation by relegating it all to wanker dialogue like 'lol, u got triggered', then engaging in any type of adult conversation with you is not a good use of my time.

I had assumed you were interested in a legitimate conversation, not the Surt-Robtard time waster games.

No one is triggered. No one is mad. If you just want to troll or one-up, great, I'm out. But if you're legitimately interested in learning new things or being exposed to informed opinions which may not necessarily align with yours, I'm still game.

I think sex trafficking and sex slavery are far more rampant than creepy perverted priests in the Catholic church. That's by the numbers. So I guess I didn't state what I think, yet. What I think is people focus on things that seem scandalous and like to call out what they view as hypocrisy. And it's also all the other stuff I said: people want to attack the biggest church in the world because most of them don't want to readily acknowledge their perceived sins. So they go after the thing that taught them they are sinning. Makes them feel better. DDM, of course I will respond to your walls of text rationally and politely. smile

Putinbot1
U gotta love him being triggered you gave a legit response and then him asking you what you think about the situation.

El Oh El. whoosh...

Bashar Teg
gotta love people who have nothing to do all day besides posture and seek peer-approval online...they all just assume that everyone else has the same disposable time and empty schedule. smile

Blakemore
Lol.

Originally posted by Blakemore
Hey, Robtard...... answer.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
gotta love people who have nothing to do all day besides posture and seek peer-approval online...they all just assume that everyone else has the same disposable time and empty schedule. smile

^gotta love washed up alcoholics who crush on and then net stalk 16 yr. old girls and white knight for trolls smile

Blakemore
gotta love people who have nothing to do all day besides posture and seek peer-approval online...they all just assume that everyone else has the same disposable time and empty schedule. smile Funniest thing is his kept being the most critical of that behaviour.... FYY me Sancncty, Welshy, Shelphie, Fox etc. I could go on........ we were like 15 and I'm not joking....... luckily by 18 I went to to university so i missed the most of the 19/20 shit but I'm pretty sure this cvnt hurt them. This was 2011 on gathethering static when david masters harassesed young girls on twitter..... so theres that.... its this ****.

Blakemore
some real serious shit went down i guess....

Surtur
I think Sancty deeply wounded him.

cdtm
DDM, of course I will respond to your walls of text rationally and politely. smile

Enough material there to make a dome, more like. thumb up

Surtur
I love seeing the unintelligent get intimidated over posts with multiple paragraphs.

Makes me smile, I might even whistle a jaunty tune!

Stringer
I love seeing the unintelligent get intimidated over posts with multiple paragraphs.

Makes me smile, I might even whistle a jaunty tune!

You should get out of your wheel chair and walk to it! It would be priceless

Surtur
Concession accepted smile

Bashar Teg
QUAN'S BACK!!!

...oh, it's the guy who copies everyone sad

Raptor22
Catholic church is a much larger target and people hated going to church. They also hate their life choices and their self-perceived sins. So they go after the Church to help them with their cognitive dissonance. "See, this church is bad. My premarital sex is okay. Right? So is my alcoholism and drug use. So is my fapping. RIGHT? GOD?" i think it has more to do with the sheer scale, length of time, and unimaginable depths that the catholic sex scandals reached.

Also the systematic cover ups from one of the largest most powerful organizations in the world didnt help.

This didnt sit well with alot of people

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.amp.html

Neither did this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Archdiocese_of_Boston_sex_abuse_scandal

When large groups of powerful adults that are supposed to safeguard our children, instead abuse them and cover it up thru their power and influence, people dont like it.

The sheer scale of the catholic sex scandal in this country is unprecedented afaik.

Out of curiosity, have there been any massive child sex scandals committed by different religious institutions in this country near the scale of the Catholic abuse scandal that would require near or equal coverage that the Catholics got?

Other non religious institutions that have had large child sex abuse scandals such as Penn State University and the Boy Scouts of America have had massive coverage by all media outlets, and large backlash from the community/country in general and the scale and depths those reached, pale in comparison to the catholic church.

Surtur
Church was so damn boring. And then being forced to drink the symbolic blood of their deity? The f*ck?

Surtur
Oh and that blood ain't fruit punch either it's booze. Hmm!

Strange how adults won't be impacted much by such a small amount of alcohol but kids might. Weird!

Eon Blue
This thread is ridiculous, but only because StarFly ruined it.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Eon Blue
This thread is ridiculous, but only because StarFly ruined it. Agreed, that's because of his ver low intelligence.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Eon Blue
This thread is ridiculous, but only because StarFly ruined it.

You poor baby. Sorry I ruined this retarded "right-wingers are dumb" thread for you. sad

Surtur
QUAN'S BACK!!!

...oh, it's the guy who copies everyone sad

^Triggered, I love it smile

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Raptor22
i think it has more to do with the sheer scale, length of time, and unimaginable depths that the catholic sex scandals reached.

Also the systematic cover ups from one of the largest most powerful organizations in the world didnt help.

This didnt sit well with alot of people

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.amp.html

Neither did this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Archdiocese_of_Boston_sex_abuse_scandal

When large groups of powerful adults that are supposed to safeguard our children, instead abuse them and cover it up thru their power and influence, people dont like it.

The sheer scale of the catholic sex scandal in this country is unprecedented afaik.

Out of curiosity, have there been any massive child sex scandals committed by different religious institutions in this country near the scale of the Catholic abuse scandal that would require near or equal coverage that the Catholics got?

Other non religious institutions that have had large child sex abuse scandals such as Penn State University and the Boy Scouts of America have had massive coverage by all media outlets, and large backlash from the community/country in general and the scale and depths those reached, pale in comparison to the catholic church. Well, these are pretty much the things I would have said to DDM. I might have added things about some religious groups funding things like the boy scouts and this becoming an opportunity for accusers both in the church and in the organisation etc. Otherwise, brilliant! thumb up

Putinbot1
For accusers read abusers.

snowdragon
Just this morning the Boy Scouts of America national office declared bankruptcy this morning chapter 11 to work out a compensation plan for all the victims that have come forward with lawsuits.........this doesn't affect local chapters.

Putinbot1
Just this morning the Boy Scouts of America national office declared bankruptcy this morning chapter 11 to work out a compensation plan for all the victims that have come forward with lawsuits.........this doesn't affect local chapters. Fascinating and not surprising. Of course the Mormon Church in Utah is the largest donor to the BSAoA. (Not a dig at DDM) as with Islam I would never call Joseph Smith or Mohummad paedos. Different times, different things were accepted just like Jerry Lee Lewis. To be honest, Priests, Teachers, Nurses, Doctors, Police, Boy Scout Leaders will all attract abusers of different kinds and celebrities often get god complex and then become deviant, when you have no one telling you no your tastes become Catholic. The problem for organisations like the Mormon Church, The Catholic Church, School Boards and even the BBC is identifying these people and stopping them before they die of old age. Often the abuse is merely a facet of the abuser and in other ways they are respected and might actually be doing some good.

eThneoLgrRnae
Muhammed was a pedophile. That is an undeniable fact. He was also a warmonger and was totally intolerant of anyone who wasn't muslim.

This will not be argued.

Surtur
He also apparently had this thing about killing poets who wrote negative things about him. And tortured a jew for his treasure.

At least Jesus would just beat you with a belt.

Putinbot1
Muhammed was a pedophile. That is an undeniable fact. He was also a warmonger and was totally intolerant of anyone who wasn't muslim.

This will not be argued. dur

eThneoLgrRnae
Awww... so sorry I've triggered you again with undeniable facts, pooty.

Putinbot1
Awww... so sorry I've triggered you again with undeniable facts, pooty. dur

Surtur
Even Jesus as a magic baby was better than Muhammad. Was Muhammad even a magic baby?

eThneoLgrRnae
Aww, just calm down pooty. You'll be alright. wink

Putinbot1
Aww, just calm down pooty. You'll be alright. wink durhulk

eThneoLgrRnae
Just take deep breaths, close your eyes and slowly count to 10.

You'll be fine, "mate." wink

snowdragon
Fascinating and not surprising. Of course the Mormon Church in Utah is the largest donor to the BSAoA. (Not a dig at DDM) as with Islam I would never call Joseph Smith or Mohummad paedos. Different times, different things were accepted just like Jerry Lee Lewis. To be honest, Priests, Teachers, Nurses, Doctors, Police, Boy Scout Leaders will all attract abusers of different kinds and celebrities often get god complex and then become deviant, when you have no one telling you no your tastes become Catholic. The problem for organisations like the Mormon Church, The Catholic Church, School Boards and even the BBC is identifying these people and stopping them before they die of old age. Often the abuse is merely a facet of the abuser and in other ways they are respected and might actually be doing some good.

Finding their own path to power to satisfy their own perversions, I also thought that the Pope is looking to allow priests to become married, perhaps that might attract a better candidate for said position but if not refer to my opening statement.

The Mormons have pulled their support from the BSoA a few months ago? I don't recall exactly but they are forming their own "boy scouts." I was an altar boy and boy scout and I was never molested, unfortunately.......

Putinbot1
Finding their own path to power to satisfy their own perversions, I also thought that the Pope is looking to allow priests to become married, perhaps that might attract a better candidate for said position but if not refer to my opening statement.

The Mormons have pulled their support from the BSoA a few months ago? I don't recall exactly but they are forming their own "boy scouts." I was an altar boy and boy scout and I was never molested, unfortunately....... Yeah, Celibacy is unnatural for sure. I was never a scout and never molested either. The guy who taught me to swim along with teaching hundreds, maybe thousands of others was accused of touching up young girls though, he died before it went to court so we will never know.

Carlavie85
Study always a great way to escape from the poverty. and, You can also get a good job right after complete your college or while completing the college study. Also, You can plan everything with a proper management with https://www.andlearning.org/structure-of-descriptive-essay/ Where you can design your study level of essay to make you stress without being worried about it.

Robtard
Necro bump from an add spammer. Okay.

Topic: Jan 6th 2021 further proved this study correct.

Watoini
I think you can only fill it in close to departure because it asks if you have been in contact with covid and that could obviously change in two weeks.

Last year we of course said no but we had been talking to our neighbours and within a week of us arriving one of them died from Covid and another a few days later. So they must of had it when we were talking to them but they didn't know it and we were more than two meters away.

Darth Thor

This will not be argued.

Hed constantly make these accusations but refused to debate me on it. Total pussy. But likely he was just insecure in his own Religious beliefs.

And he certainly was a shining example proving the thread topic correct.

At least extreme right wingers like Star were just dumb as f***

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.