How is Bloomberg different than Trump?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Besides being richer, if that matters to voters.

Link

BackFire
Personality. Which party he now belongs to.

Not a fan of Bloomberg.

Stringer
Slavery

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire

Not a fan of Bloomberg.

Right. That's about it. Though Bloomberg is a dick, as well, just no where near as rude as Trump.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
Right. That's about it. Though Bloomberg is a dick, as well, just no where near as rude as Trump.

Trump is rude? eek!

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
Trump is rude? eek!

lol

cdtm
lol

If you want to see a real laugh:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-17/donald-trump-has-he-finally-met-democratic-media-match/10803148

Is anyone even talking about her anymore? Even to attack her?

dadudemon
If you want to see a real laugh:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-17/donald-trump-has-he-finally-met-democratic-media-match/10803148

Is anyone even talking about her anymore? Even to attack her?

Oh boy...

That's just sad, the whole article.

Surtur
just no where near as rude as Trump.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/mike-bloombergs-wit-and-wisdom

eThneoLgrRnae
Pretty sure Bloomberg supports mass infantacide as pretty much all democrats do. Trump doesn't. That's the biggest and most important difference to me.

Also important is that Bloomberg probably (though I'm not sure on this) is for even more gun control and probably open borders as well.

In short, he's a democrat and Trump is a republican so... yep, Trump gets my vote easily.

eThneoLgrRnae
One other thing... I watch a lot of You Tube videos and I'm sick of seeing Blomberg lying campaign ads constantly shoved in my face when I try watching a video.

All the channels I watch are either right-leaning, neutral, or non-political yet I still see a constant stream of Bloomberg ads (of course I always fast forward past them when I can & when I can't I simply mute my television while the ad plays).

I haven't seen a campaign ad for anyone else, including Trump, in a while. I heard that Bloomberg has spent over $400 million on his campaign so far which, as far as I know, is more than anyone else has ever spent and we've still got a ways to go in the election cycle.

Surtur
I almost wanna see Bloomberg get the nom. Remember all their whining that trump is racist and sexist? Remember all their whining about billionaires?

I would love love loooove to see them justify voting for a racist sexist billionaire lol.

Bloomberg said 90-95% of killers are minorities. The Atlantic wrote an article defending it as not racist. Fair enough. Hey, who is willing to say they'd give trump or any republican the same treatment for saying the same thing?

Mindship
As a NYC school psychologist, I worked under Bloomberg when he was trying to systematically dismantle the public school system by deliberately setting up schools for failure. He is nigh as much an authoritarian as Trump, and was often referred to as "Emperor" or "King" during his reign (which he extended into an unprecedented 3rd term by promoting a change to city law ... he was also a Republican at this time: Bloomberg changes parties like regular folk change socks).

My wife and I almost threw up in our mouths when he announced his run. So for us, if he became the nominee, it would be a matter of choosing between the lesser of the evils (would you rather be shot once or twice?). At least he acknowledges climate change and is for sensible gun control, and overall plays the political game better than Trump. He's also smarter, richer (no doubt this annoys Cheeto-D), and being a Jewish white male, he'd piss-off the extremes of both sides smile .

Surtur
I did kinda chuckle at his "if jesus was a jew why is his name puerto rican" joke.

Surtur
Bloomberg apparently is in trouble for remarks about not just farmers, but factory workers too lol

Surtur

snowdragon
Lulz, I love how this guy thinks........wallstreet should be the first place AI replaces jobs so we save alot of money and force those "analytical" thinkers into jobs that actually produce somethingsmile

Surtur
Bloomberg asked a pregnant employee if she was gonna "kill it". Also when finding out a male employee was getting married said all the females should line up and blow him.

I mean...kinda sounds worse than shit Trump said about women lol.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
A link to the entire document, you see someone compiled a bunch of shit he said as a gift for his birthday, lol:

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/724c2901-a509-4ae8-ac09-58e6f8ac025e/note/1ed4db4a-0c8b-49e7-a6b9-eee5e090584c.pdf#page=1

A link to his comments about lining up to blow a dude:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/michael-bloomberg-women/

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire

Not a fan of Bloomberg.

Yep.

He'd also not be as devastating to environmental issues like Trump is. But he needs to go away.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Yep.

He'd also not be as devastating to environmental issues like Trump is. But he needs to go away.

So if he gets the nom will you vote for him?

cdtm
Trump lite still isn't Trump.

Surtur

So then you're 100% rejecting the notion that supporting trump means you support racism and sexism? Nice, looking forward to you affirming that thumb up

Surtur

Robtard

If he ends up buying himself into the nomination, people will have "no choice!" but to vote for him...

Surtur
So Rob will you vote for Bloomberg if he is the nomination?

dadudemon
If he ends up buying himself into the nomination, people will have "no choice!" but to vote for him...

Originally posted by Surtur
So Rob will you vote for Bloomberg if he is the nomination?

Yes, Robtard, are you going to vote for him?

I say you won't. You will do what I might do and vote Green Party or Libertarian.

Badabing
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Besides being richer, if that matters to voters.

Link Well for one thing Trump doesn't want to regulate the size of my soft drink, or if restaurants can have salt on their table.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Badabing
Well for one thing Trump doesn't want to regulate the size of my soft drink, or if restaurants can have salt on their table.

How about getting laws changed to extend your time in office because NY "needed" a man of his talents to handle the meltdown..........

This guy is what all Democrats complain about Trump x10.

Let me add this guy is the nightmare of american politics where we see how our system allows $$ to rule, no subtlety no behind the curtains literally right in front of our eyes.

Badabing
Originally posted by snowdragon
How about getting laws changed to extend your time in office because NY "needed" a man of his talents to handle the meltdown..........

Let me add this guy is the nightmare of american politics where we see how our system allows $$ to rule, no subtlety no behind the curtains literally right in front of our eyes. Can Trump change the term laws, and would that be a bad thing?

nLzZggRMiD8

biscuits

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by snowdragon

Let me add this guy is the nightmare of american politics where we see how our system allows $$ to rule, no subtlety no behind the curtains literally right in front of our eyes.

Wait a minute though... CDTM just said Bloomberg is "Trump-lite" in a previous post. How can someone who is ten times worse be a "lite" version of said person? Surely CDTM knows what he's talking about, right? wink laughing out loud

jaden_2.0
"My billionaire is less of a scumbag than your billionaire"

This thread ^

Surtur
https://media1.tenor.com/images/837072ca19e3c5cebea76e2693f3100d/tenor.gif

SquallX

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
"My billionaire is less of a scumbag than your billionaire"

This thread ^

TBF, Trump might not be a billionaire, 'just' a high-end millionaire.

Tony Schwartz says Trump's only worth a "fraction" of what he claims, it's all part of his smoke and mirrors show.

Badabing
TBF, Trump might not be a billionaire, 'just' a high-end millionaire.

Tony Schwartz says Trump's only worth a "fraction" of what he claims, it's all part of his smoke and mirrors show. Regardless of Trump being a low end billionaire or high end millionaire, Bloomberg is in the elite wealth bracket if being worth multiple tens of billions. That's a major difference imo.

Robtard

Surtur
So Rob would you vote for Bloomberg if he gets the nom?

Badabing

Eon Blue
I love Trump and Bloomberg equally. Two peas in a pod.

Robtard
Originally posted by Badabing
I wasn't disagreeing. I was thinking about the magnitude of being a low end billionaire versus being a top tier billionaire.

In theory, Bloomberg could literally overthrow the government of several countries economically. Heck, he could literally finance a civil war in several countries, theoretically.

It just boggles my mind how much destruction a singular hyper-wealthy person could unleash if they were inclined.

Fair nuff'

Just wait until Zuckerberg power-up-evolves and realizes his full potential.

Badabing
Fair nuff'

Just wait until Zuckerberg power-up-evolves and realizes his full potential. Cripes, that's not terrifying at all. Like 1984, Minority Report and a splash of Demolition Man level dystopia.

https://i.imgflip.com/286l81.jpg

Eternal Idol
F*ck both Bloomberg and Trump.

I won't vote for Bloomberg, even if he pulled the Democratic nomination out of his ass.

If politicians want my vote, they'll have to earn trust and respect first.

That "vote blue no matter who" mantra is absolute bullshit, and it demonstrates complacency and identity politics more than it does any vision or conviction.

King Paimon
Bloomberg is the inverse image of Donald J Trump with a plethora of commonality. Look to the East for ascension from this city of night and view a shining darkness.

Quincy
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

I won't vote for Bloomberg, even if he pulled the Democratic nomination out of his ass.

That "vote blue no matter who" mantra is absolute bullshit, and it demonstrates complacency and identity politics more than it does any vision or conviction.

I'm with The Dog ^

dadudemon

Excellent post. It's the way everyone should go about their politics.

BackFire

NemeBro

BackFire

Eternal Idol
Is it voting for one of two out of touch scumbags any less wasted?

One's vote should be an expression of one's desired path for our future, not a defeated nod of complacency for government representatives who don't represent our interests.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3orieMQPG36Nykm9Gw/giphy.gif

The joke, is this isn't a joke. Kane or Codos would totally beat a third party human with our voters.

Surtur

One's vote should be an expression of one's desired path for our future, not a defeated nod of complacency for government representatives who don't represent our interests.

Also remember the claims from a lot on the left: Trump is racist so a vote for him means you are racist.

So how would most of them justify voting for Bloomberg? It's like complaining Trump lies and then voting for a different liar merely because they lie less often.

cdtm

In such situations, I cast a vote for Homer Simpson.

If you're gonna waste it, waste it on the best candidate.

dadudemon

That's why I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016, knowing full well my vote was going to waste.

Robtard later told me I should have voted Green Party as it better represented my positions. He was right.

I don't care about my vote going to a candidate that will likely not win. If everyone voted based on who they thought should lead, then perhaps we wouldn't be stuck with the two corrupt and terrible parties we have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.