What would you like to see made canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Out of all the remaining Legends stuff, which characters or story arcs would you most like to see integrated into new canon?

xPRIMEx
TOR

xPRIMEx
Yuuzhan Vong would be cool too, or at least some sort of advanced hostile alien race from the unknown regions or another galaxy

Total Warrior
Revan and a bunch of characters from that era

Galan007
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Yuuzhan Vong would be cool too, or at least some sort of advanced hostile alien race from the unknown regions or another galaxy The Grysk are already a thing.

Sheev
I havent had a chance to read anything involving the grysk yet, but the "online buzz" implies that they are very similar to the Vong. How true is that?

Dominis
Prince Xizor maybe.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
I havent had a chance to read anything involving the grysk yet, but the "online buzz" implies that they are very similar to the Vong. How true is that? Similar in the sense that they are a massive invasion force that had been seeking to invade the galaxy for a LONG time(ever since the Clone Wars, at the very least.)

But their overall characterization and invasion methods/tactics seem quite a bit different from the Vong.

xPRIMEx
Never heard of them. Are they in canon books/comics?

Galan007
Yep. The Grysk were the central villains in Thrawn: Alliances, and Thrawn: Treason.

Those are their only appearances in canon thus far, but they will undoubtedly play a big part in future works.

Sheev
Originally posted by Galan007
Similar in the sense that they are a massive invasion force that had been seeking to invade the galaxy for a LONG time(ever since the Clone Wars, at the very least.)

But their overall characterization and invasion methods/tactics seem quite a bit different from the Vong. How similar are they appearance wise? Is their tech bioorganic? Do they come from beyond the galaxy?

Total Warrior

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
How similar are they appearance wise? Is their tech bioorganic? Do they come from beyond the galaxy? 1.) Their appearance has been intentionally left vague. They were described as: "a wide-shouldered creature with angled brow ridges, a tapered skull, and deep-set eyes."

2.) Their tech doesn't seem to be bio-organic. It's just more exotic than most other tech we've seen in canon. This includes, but is not limited to:

-Blasters that shoot "lightning", as opposed to conventional bolts.

-Personal cloaking devices that mask them from nearly all types of scans/sensors.

-Each Grysk warrior can deploy thousands upon thousands of tiny weaponized bugs/flies that can be controlled remotely and sent hurling toward their opponents. When the bugs make contact with their target, they release bursts of gray liquid which instantly solidifies into a stone-like substance so hard that it incapacitated Vader himself.

-During the Clone Wars, the Grysk gave Dooku the means of creating a new type of Cortosis-based armor for his Separatist battle droids that was nigh-impervious to not only blaster bolts, but lightsaber strikes as well. Of course, Palpatine swiftly put the kibosh on this 'breakthrough' when Dooku informed him of such, as it would have given the Separatists a significant advantage against the Jedi/Republic.

-They constructed gravity projectors that are capable of pulling entire Imperial fleets(including ISDs) out of hyperspace, and prevent them from jumping back into hyperspace... And they can do this from a considerable distance.

-Most impressively, the Grysk were using their tech to drag entire moons and planetary masses entirely out of their orbits and into existing hyperspace routes, just to disrupt Imperial hyperspace travel into particular quadrants of the Outer Rim/Unknown Regions.

3.) The Grysk are from the Unknown Regions. They are one of the threats Thrawn was aware of when he first joined the Empire.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
They should have had the Grysk as main villains in the new trilogy. Thrawn says he was buying time for the empire and that their invasion was close, but they didn't attack yet by 34 ABY. I hope they won't be forgotten They won't be forgotten. I imagine that the Grysk war will be a HUGE part of future stories.

I've mentioned this before, but after the events of Treason, I'm pretty sure that Thrawn allowed himself to be 'ported off to the Unknown Regions with Ezra and the Purrgil in the Rebels finale. By the end of the novel(which is set immediately before the finale), the Chiss Admiral Ar'alani was certain that the Chiss Ascendancy was going to be wiped out by the Grysk very soon without Thrawn's assistance, and asked him to make a choice between the Empire and the Chiss -- and I have no doubt that the Chiss still command his ultimate loyalty. So being transported away like that would have presented the perfect means for Thrawn to 'defect' from the Empire, without it being considered full-fledged desertion/treason.

That said, I think the next time we see Thrawn, we'll learn that he has been in the Unknown Regions battling Grysk forces the entire time. I would also imagine that he convinced Ezra to join his cause as well... Because once Ezra learned of the Grysk threat, he'd undoubtedly want to help fight them.

Thing with the Grysk is that they are playing the long game for galactic control. They aren't in a rush to invade the galaxy -- they're taking their time and doing thing methodically.

Zentrex
Nothing. Nothing should be taken from Legends and put into the new canon. You'd be telling the same story twice.

I want new things. I know some people get excited when they see something familiar, but if you want stories about the Yuuzhan Vong, write one that takes place in the Legends continuity.

Maybe if you explore things that Legends was shy about exploring because it would contradict some things they had, like Star Weirds and Waru, then sure, I'm down for that. The good thing about Canon is that we now have a lot of space to create things that wouldn't have fit into the Legends, or explore things which were retconned because they were contradictions.

If we're doing that, then I want to see a Millenium Hawk and stuff that was forgotten outside of the Role-Playing Games. Maybe we could have a completely different story about Xim the Despot. Maybe some Don Wan Keehotay. Or maybe one of those characters from Adventure Journal who had nothing to do with the larger universe. I particularly liked "Three Against the Galaxy" from Star Wars Tales. Something like that, I would be okay with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.