Sin City (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I searched multiple forums but couldn't find an existing thread.

Seriously................this film is magnificent and amazing.

My honest opinion is that it's the greatest comic book adaptation ever made. It's just great on every level and I own every comic book, too.

My favorite segment is "That Yellow Bastard". Superb acting and tension. The only bummer is that Jessica Alba refused to dance nude like in the comic book.

The sequel, A Dame to Kill For, was shockingly not that great and very underwhelming.

What are your opinions?

BruceSkywalker
i enjoyed the film. good violence. story was pretty good..

sequel sucked

Kazenji
Great film

i ended up getting the Recut and Extended Special Edition way back in 2005 when it was released, Came with Volume 1 of Sin City.

Inhuman
Sin City was great.

Patient_Leech
Sin City is one of my all-time favorite movies. It truly is an uncompromising masterpiece.

Originally posted by Impediment
The sequel, A Dame to Kill For, was shockingly not that great and very underwhelming.

I actually revisited it a few months ago and found it better than I remembered. I just thought the ending was underwhelming. But otherwise it's still pretty good. Obviously it's not as good as Yellow Bastard and all, but still entertaining. Part of the problem is that it came out around the same time as the 300 sequel with Eva Green in another similar lead role and something felt canned and stock about that.

riv6672
First movie: Yeah!

Sequel: Meh

HulkIsHulk
Another CBM after Watchmen to make the scenes shot to shot from the comic

Eon Blue

riv6672
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Another CBM after Watchmen to make the scenes shot to shot from the comic
CBM?

steverules_2
Originally posted by riv6672
CBM?

Comic Book Movie

Surtur
Great movie. As for the sequel, well...to quote Jay Sherman: it stinks!

riv6672
Originally posted by steverules_2
Comic Book Movie
Ty! thumb up

John Murdoch
It is still quite possibly the best comic book movie ever, even after all The Dark Knights, The Logans, The Guardians of the Galaxies, The Infinity Wars and the Endgames.

My favorite performance was Mickey Rourke as Marv, and my favorite storyline was That Yellow Bastard.

Sin City as well is Robert Rodriguez's best film by a country mile, and is the best example of directors who do nearly everything they can (direct, edit, produce, write, music, etc.) by their lonesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.