Will a "Harleen Quinzel" thriller movie work?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
I mean, Harley Quinn's origin story was quite similar in all the media, and it always amazes me because it has so much potential.

But most of the time it wasn't expanded. I wonder it could be used as the source material to make a drama thriller movie just like the 2019 Joker, whether it could be standalone or a spinoff of the Joker movie. Show the character's life and the whole process of her transformation, it would be quite amazing to observe.

The 2019 Joker movie featured Arthur as a sympathetic character in some degrees and used him to reflect Gotham's problem. I think it could work if Harleen fall in love with such a figure.

And Margot Robbie as a very good actress, certainly has the ability to deliver a great performance.

riv6672

Surtur
Originally posted by Slowpoke
I mean, Harley Quinn's origin story was quite similar in all the media, and it always amazes me because it has so much potential.

But most of the time it wasn't expanded. I wonder it could be used as the source material to make a drama thriller movie just like the 2019 Joker, whether it could be standalone or a spinoff of the Joker movie. Show the character's life and the whole process of her transformation, it would be quite amazing to observe.

The 2019 Joker movie featured Arthur as a sympathetic character in some degrees and used him to reflect Gotham's problem. I think it could work if Harleen fall in love with such a figure.

And Margot Robbie as a very good actress, certainly has the ability to deliver a great performance.

Does she show her t*ts in this thriller? If so yeah it could work.

Impediment
Read "Harleen" from DC Black Label, a three issue story arc.

I ate my f*cking words HARD because I thought it would suck but it was absolutely AWESOME.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Impediment
Read "Harleen" from DC Black Label, a three issue story arc.

I ate my f*cking words HARD because I thought it would suck but it was absolutely AWESOME.

Bit different not having to hear an extremely annoying voice/accent though. Not sure it lends itself to a serious tone like Joker.

Impediment
Harleen is an intensely serious comic.

Slowpoke

Yeah interesting reading, but I still think there is more to explore and it was too short. I don't like the take on the Joker, they made him a bit too attractive.

jaden_2.0

Yeah. That's my point. It works on the page because you don't have to hear the stupid nasally whining New York accent of the movies/games/animated shows etc.

riv6672
That voice has been great ever since the Bruce Timm days! eek!

Surtur
Mistah Jay!

Impediment
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Yeah. That's my point. It works on the page because you don't have to hear the stupid nasally whining New York accent of the movies/games/animated shows etc.

Arleen Sorkin's animated voice is shrill and annoying at times, but Harleen is just a doctor for the entire comic, save for a few panels.

I get your point, though.

BruceSkywalker
have her nude throughout the film and it'll make money

Slowpoke
Arleen Sorkin's animated voice is shrill and annoying at times, but Harleen is just a doctor for the entire comic, save for a few panels.

I get your point, though.

Finished it.

I think it did touch Gotham well, but Harleen's own personality was not fully expanded, she was more like an "ordinary person with some flaws" who got twisted by the entire city. But her own demon wasn't shown well enough. Same for the Joker, it's a bit whitewashing.

Also Batman's no kill code was always garbage. It somehow hurts the plot a bit. I actually agree with Two-Face and those ppl's idea. You shouldn't be merciful to those villains.

Slowpoke
I never understand why did these writers try so hard to justify the no kill code and keep sending villains to a place where they could keep getting out. Even demonize those who disagree with it.

It was well written but the theme, I could not agree with.

Impediment
The "No Kill" code is CIS and PIS.

If Batman kills all of his enemies, there won;t be a story.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Surtur
Mistah Jay!

You can be my Mistah Jay.

Slowpoke

It was good read but I don't think would fit well as a live action movie's plot.

Surtur
Early on Batman did kill. Legit hung a dude from a helicopter once.

steverules_2

Surtur
Nah he's against guns.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-951caf96a060ac2e60a9043006418138.webp

Oh

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/a6lpKVS.jpg

lol

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
Mistah Jay!
This guy gets it! big grin

BruceSkywalker

that's true of all comic book characters lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.