Fully worthy Cap vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
In this scenario, Cap is granted Thor's full powerset including Thor's strength and durability on top of his lightning control. Cap is still armed with Mjolnir and his shield, question is can this version of super Cap defeat Endgame Thanos (no IG).

Thanos is armed with his twin swords. Cap has Mjolnir and shield.

Round 1: Pure melee, Cap is not allowed lightning.
Round 2: Cap can use lightning but only when holding Mjolnir.
Round 3: Cap has full lightning control
Round 4: Cap gets Stormbreaker instead of Mjolnir

steverules_2
I'd say Thanos in both, Endgame Thanos was bad ass

BrolyBlack
Thanks is unbeatable short of Superman or Hela whooping his ass

Inhuman
Im going to say no. Thanos beat full powered Thor (offscreen) in Infinity War, Fat Thor with both weapons, and was only almost defeated by Thor with a surprise shot from Stormbreaker which is a magical Axe.
Cap can put up a good fight , but will go down eventually. Also Endgame Thanos's sword seemed pretty powerful as well. Being able to cut Caps shield , no problem.

Thonos is stronger and is a good fighter as well. Hes pretty fast too. He was able to dodge/block point blank direct laser fire from Iromman in Endgame.

Cap with Stormbreaker has a shot to win. But Thanos still has his sword to protect himself and block attacks and cut Cap in half. I mean Fat Thor couldnt do anything even with Stormbreaker. Thanos was going to decapitate Thor with Stormbreaker until Cap saved him. I know full worthy Cap is > Fat Thor, thats why I said he could maybe win, but it would be tough.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Inhuman
Im going to say no. Thanos beat full powered Thor (offscreen) in Infinity War, Fat Thor with both weapons, and was only almost defeated by Thor with a surprise shot from Stormbreaker which is a magical Axe.
Cap can put up a good fight , but will go down eventually. Also Endgame Thanos's sword seemed pretty powerful as well. Being able to cut Caps shield , no problem.

Thonos is stronger and is a good fighter as well. Hes pretty fast too. He was able to dodge/block point blank direct laser fire from Iromman in Endgame.

Cap with Stormbreaker, he has a shot to win. But Thanos still has his sword to protect himself and block attacks.

Just want to point out that there's no proof Thanos defeated fully powered Thor offscreen, at least not in a fair fight. When Hulk fought Thanos, Ebony Maw told Cull that they should "let him have his fun", which implied that that was Thanos' first fair fight yet at that time

Inhuman
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just want to point out that there's no proof Thanos defeated fully powered Thor offscreen, at least not in a fair fight. When Hulk fought Thanos, Ebony Maw told Cull that they should "let him have his fun", which implied that that was Thanos' first fair fight yet at that time

True, the off screen stuff is all speculation.
But after that, Thor accepted defeat and knew he couldnt go up against Thanos as he was. And this was just after Ragnarok. So that was Thor at his strongest.
Thor had to seek another way to try to defeat Thanos. So that is where searching help from Eitri came in.

Silent Master
Thor also knew Thanos had two Infinity stones and was looking for more.

FrothByte
True, the off screen stuff is all speculation.
But after that, Thor accepted defeat and knew he couldnt go up against Thanos as he was. And this was just after Ragnarok. So that was Thor at his strongest.
Thor had to seek another way to try to defeat Thanos. So that is where searching help from Eitri came in.

Not quite. He accepted that he couldn't defeat a Thanos who currently had 2 infinity stones. He had to seek for a way to defeat Thanos w/ 2 infinity stones and was on his way to gather more.

Inhuman
Again true.
But all we have as far as Thanos vs Thor from the movies is Thor losing off screen to Thanos, and Fat Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir losing to a no gem Thanos. And the surprise attack with Stormbreaker, which wasn't really a fight.

Thats why I said that Cap has a shot with Stormbreaker. Without it, I dont think Cap wins.

Silent Master
Well, to be fair. it was Thor lost off panel to Thanos w/Infinity stone and the Black Order. and then Fat Thor in full jobber mode was losing to regular Thanos.

BTW, not sure who wins. but leaning towards Thanos.

FrothByte
Again true.
But all we have as far as Thanos vs Thor from the movies is Thor losing off screen to Thanos, and Fat Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir losing to a no gem Thanos. And the surprise attack with Stormbreaker, which wasn't really a fight.

Thats why I said that Cap has a shot with Stormbreaker. Without it, I dont think Cap wins.

Again, Thor never lost to Thanos off screen. The best you can assume from that scene is that Thor, accompanied by Heimdall and the few remaining warriors they had were defeated by the Black Order and Thanos w/ power stone. Hardly a fair match no?

Thanos never fought a fully powered prime Thor in a fair fight. Sure, Thor did surprise Thanos at the end of IW but Thanos also already had the complete IG at that point which made him possibly the most powerful being in the universe. That wasn't a fair fight from both sides.

Josh_Alexander
Cap wins round 4.

Inhuman
Originally posted by FrothByte
Again, Thor never lost to Thanos off screen. The best you can assume from that scene is that Thor, accompanied by Heimdall and the few remaining warriors they had were defeated by the Black Order and Thanos w/ power stone. Hardly a fair match no?

Thanos never fought a fully powered Thor on his own. Sure, Thor did surprise Thanos at the end of IW but Thanos also already had the complete IG at that point which made him possibly the most powerful being in the universe.

All we can do is assume of what happened off-screen. But as far as using the gems to defeat Thor, is it possible sure. Is it also possible he used no gems? Yes. Just like he used no gems to defeat the Hulk, as backed by the Russos and seen on screen because the gems didnt glow when Thanos fought Hulk. The gems glowing when they are used is a mechanic used in the film for some reason.
But that is besides the point. the only true fight we have on screen is the Fat Thor with both hammers/Axe vs gem-less Thanos.
And Thanos won pretty easily.

IMO, Cap only has a chance to win with Stormbreaker. Without it I dont think he wins. Especially if Thanos has his sword. Thanos's was pretty versatile with his sword and also appeared to be super strong and durable maybe above vibranium.
Neither can Cap win in pure Melee imo, because Thanos has already beat Hulk without using the gems in pure melee. And Hulk is pretty much equal or even above Thor in pure Melee. Sure Cap is a better fighter than Hulk or even Thor but so is Thanos, and Thanos appears to be stronger which is why I side with him in pure melee.

carthage
H1 dies

Eon Blue
Originally posted by carthage
H1 dies

BrolyBlack
H1 dies

Impediment
Thanos wins.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Thanos wins.

but H1 dies

riv6672
Thanos wins.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but H1 dies
So does Bane.

quanchi112
Thanos wins. He beats anyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.