Mecha Frieza vs. SS Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Mecha Frieza vs. Super Saiyan Goku (Namek)

Who wins?

juggerman
I remember reading that SSJ Trunks was equal to SSJ Goku when he was on Namek. If that's true then Goku rolls Frieza easily. I have my doubts that it is accurate though since Trunks was on par with Goku post Namek and I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggerman
I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time.

Can't disagree here.

And even though it's non-canon, Revenge of Cooler film showed Goku training intensively after beating Frieza and that's the Goku we know.

Ridley_Prime
Mecha Frieza was said to be a good deal stronger than Namek Frieza, so he might have an edge on noob SSJ Goku, but not Goku after he returns home from the Yardrat training with IT.

StiltmanFTW
Mecha Frieza jobbed just like Cyborg Tao Pai Pai.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by juggerman
I remember reading that SSJ Trunks was equal to SSJ Goku when he was on Namek. If that's true then Goku rolls Frieza easily. I have my doubts that it is accurate though since Trunks was on par with Goku post Namek and I find it hard to believe that Goku made zero progress in that time. Trunks was in awe of Goku's power, the hell do you mean "on par"?

You mean when Trunks tried to test Goku and Goku blocked all of his attacks??? Lol.

Galan007
When SS Trunks powered up against Mecha Freeza, his ki was stated to be identical to SS Goku's ki on Namek... To the point where Gohan literally thought Trunks WAS Goku:
https://i.imgur.com/unDrXwb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/58ikyHH.jpg

...And then Trunks proceeded to easily rape Freeza. So yeah, Goku wins.

Henry_Pym

Jmanghan
^ Goku trained on Yardrat a lot IIRC.

Not on-screen but I think it was stated.

Galan007
Goku trained on Yardrat for at least 5 months, per DBS:
https://i.imgur.com/JpBqmkw.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Okay, yeah. Namek Goku wins then. The physical power increase Frieza got with the cybernetics was sadly overhyped, even if it was a cool design for him.

juggerman
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Trunks was in awe of Goku's power, the hell do you mean "on par"?

You mean when Trunks tried to test Goku and Goku blocked all of his attacks??? Lol.

They were stated to be equals. I agree that Goku appeared to be superior but iirc, Goku and Trunks said they were even.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I did remember them saying that, but Goku was a super saiyan a little longer than Trunks was at that time, so it easy to see him having an edge on the kid there in terms of power.

juggerman
I have no problem with Goku being stronger as that's what it seemed to show in their face off. But if they claimed to be equals then one could argue Trunks was holding back more than Goku was which is why Goku looked better. Either way, they were close enough to each other to establish Frieza would lose here

Henry_Pym

Galan007
I mean, the SS Trunks who killed Mecha-Freeza = SS Namek Goku.

Even if you exclude the months of training that Goku did on Yardrat after Namek, the zenkai he got from the battle with Freeza alone should have put him above Trunks.

Ridley_Prime
Theoretically, wouldn't future Trunks have gotten a zenkai after the first time he challenged the Androids in his timeline after he became super saiyan and lost? It was a near death experience too.

Galan007
Oh, I'm just talking about when Trunks came to earth and killed Mecha-Freeza. When he initially went SS, Gohan stated that his ki was identical to Goku's on Namek.

But when Goku returned to earth, he had undoubtedly become quite a bit stronger, given the zenkai he would have received after battling Freeza + the months of training on Yardrat.

So imo, Goku would have definitely been more powerful than Trunks at the time.

juggerman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.