Ash Williams vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
"This is the weirdest fight ever."

Yeah I get that.

Vader loses the ability to use the force offensively or defensively for the time being, but still has his lightsaber and his incredible strength.

Ash from Army of Darkness.

His chainsaw and sword are made of cortosis in this fight.

Round 1: Ash gets his metal hand and a sword.

Round 2: Ash gets his chainsaw hand.

Bonus Round: Ash must kill more Deadites then Vader kills Droidekas, they both have 2 minutes.

Movie feats only for Vader, same for Ash.

Who wins?

Putinbot1
Vader

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Vader Why?

uVSfYtJCWrA

Ash was really good with a sword and extremely agile.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why?

uVSfYtJCWrA

Ash was really good with a sword and extremely agile. because

Eon Blue
Vader wins.

Jmanghan
Ash is faster and has better reaction times then most in the OT.

BruceSkywalker
Vader stomps..

force choke for the win or ash gets chopped up via lightsaber

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Vader stomps..

force choke for the win or ash gets chopped up via lightsaber Please read the opening post ya'll.

steverules_2

Jmanghan
Thats really interesting but did you see the part where Ash has lightsaber-resistant equipment?

Jmanghan
Vader loses the ability to use the force offensively or defensively for the time being, but still has his lightsaber and his incredible strength.

Ash from Army of Darkness.

His chainsaw and sword are made of cortosis in this fight.

ares834
Precog.

Vader stomps.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Precog.

Vader stomps. Lemme be clear, if it isn't stated in the movies it can't be used.

Also Ash is way faster then Vader.

ares834
"He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait."

riv6672
Please read the opening post ya'll.

Thats really interesting but did you see the part where Ash has lightsaber-resistant equipment?

Lemme be clear, if it isn't stated in the movies it can't be used.

Also Ash is way faster then Vader.
^^^Just what are you trying to say...?

Srsly though, this is a medium built on reading, yet no one reads. What the actual ****? laughing

Ash FTW.

carthage
Leaning Bane due to her force abilities

ares834

Jmanghan

Jmanghan
I'mma rewatch some Vader fights then come back to this cause I'm already seeing errors in the above post.

Edit: Okay so, Luke did use acrobatics against him, my bad. But he still didn't use them to the extent Ash does.

riv6672

ShadowFyre
God damn people is it that hard to read an op before commenting?

I am still going with Vader despite Ashes equipment upgrade and here is why.

I don't know who here has ever had any experience or held and swung a 30lb sword or an extended amount of time. But you get tired quickly and a lightsaber is like what 2 or 3 lb you can literally twist it at the wrist and maneuver it is much more versatile ways than you could ever do a solid piece of metal. On top of that even the slightest touch buy a lightsaber would be far more damaging then the same amount of force applied with a metal blade.

Vader also has many more years of experience in combat and with swords/sabers. Also the opponents that Vader has fought or of a higher class then the deadites.

And I love me some ash William but I just not see him taking anything close to the majority here.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
God damn people is it that hard to read an op before commenting?

I am still going with Vader despite Ashes equipment upgrade and here is why.

I don't know who here has ever had any experience or held and swung a 30lb sword or an extended amount of time. But you get tired quickly and a lightsaber is like what 2 or 3 lb you can literally twist it at the wrist and maneuver it is much more versatile ways than you could ever do a solid piece of metal. On top of that even the slightest touch buy a lightsaber would be far more damaging then the same amount of force applied with a metal blade.

Vader also has many more years of experience in combat and with swords/sabers. Also the opponents that Vader has fought or of a higher class then the deadites.

And I love me some ash William but I just not see him taking anything close to the majority here. Swords are nowhere near 30lb.

All of them, every single one, even among the biggest ones that were ever reasonably used in battle weighed less then half that.

Hell, Grutte Pier, a man that was over 7'0 and 400lb, his sword which was 7ft, was only 14lb.

Ash's sword more then likely (keep in mind he was dual-wielding successfully for majority of the fight) weighed around 3lb. It's most likely an English Baron sword, which weighs 3 pounds 11 ounces.

Let's check theoretically would a saber should weigh, since we're using movie-only we'll have to rely on the prop itself's weight, as there are no on-screen statements for lightsaer weight:
https://www.inverse.com/article/37398-star-wars-the-last-jedi-lightsabers-rey-luke

According to Daisy Ridley it weighs around 3 kilos at the lowest, which is still 3 pounds heavier then Ash's sword would be.

I checked up over a bunch of websites and couldn't find an exact weight for Vader's saber but if Daisy's was 6lb, the lowest you could reasonably go for Vader's is 5lb but that'd be headcanon.

That's still heavier then Ash's sword no matter how you slice it.

Jmanghan
For reference...

Ash Sword:
https://dygtyjqp7pi0m.cloudfront.net/i/10800/11314531_1.jpg

Baron Sword:
https://www.outfit4events.com/runtime/cache/images/redesignProductFull/501086_05.JPG

Nibedicus

Jmanghan
Cortosis usually means lightsaber-resistant.

I should've just said Adamantium, as cortosis does cause problems, lol.

BruceSkywalker
Please read the opening post ya'll.

I did and my point still stands....

Vader was shown in ESB to force choke someone w/o actually being there.. also unless ash's weapons are immune to a lightsaber, there is nothing he can do except lose

Originally posted by carthage
Leaning Bane due to her force abilities

bane died a while ago lol

Jmanghan
Yeah it's def the same sword:
https://i.imgur.com/yCu5fiP.png

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I did and my point still stands....

Vader was shown in ESB to force choke someone w/o actually being there.. also unless ash's weapons are immune to a lightsaber, there is nothing he can do except lose

bane died a while ago lol You didn't. Lol.

His force powers can't be used if you READ THE OPENING POST.

His weapons can block lightsabers in this instance if you READ THE OPENING POSTTTTT.

Nibedicus

Jmanghan
^ Okay so instead of Cortosis let's just say it's "lightsaber-resistant", its most common trait is that it can block saber blows provided it's infused into the weapon you're using.

Also isn't Vader's best strength feat crushing that rebel's neck and picking up Palpatine and throwing him? Deadites do shit way more impressive then that on a daily basis, Cheryl threw Ash across a room by his face IIRC and he went flying so hard he destroyed a shelf. Ash trades punches with these things, the strength gap if there is one is very small.

Plus, did you forget Ash's metal hand which can and will crush Vader's own hand into dust? Or the fact that that there's more then one round and that in one of those rounds Ash has a freaking chainsaw hand?

KingD19
Vader's metal hand is far more powerful than Ash's, but that ties into the books as it was revealed he replaced his hand Luke cut off with a Mandalorian crushgaunt fitted around an indestructible sith lord gauntlet.

But the issue is also that all of Vaders beat feats are book and comic and tv related. Like tossing Kanan and Ezra around one-handed. Or forcing open locked armored doors with strength alone.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by KingD19
But the issue is also that all of Vaders beat feats are book and comic and tv related. Like tossing Kanan and Ezra around one-handed. Or forcing open locked armored doors with strength alone. Exactly my point. If we use TV feats too then Vader destroys him, yes, but it's movie vs. movie.

Impediment
Ash is a cultural icon whom I love and adore, but his battle feats are dog shit.

Lord Vader rapes and stomps.

carthage
At least give Ash Bane for help

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Impediment
Ash is a cultural icon whom I love and adore, but his battle feats are dog shit.

Lord Vader rapes and stomps. ??? He showed incredible athleticism and agility when he fought Evil Ash, his reaction times were pretty nutso, and the whole time he was using a sword and using it better then the entire human army that had been using swords all their lives.

I fail to see how Vader is so much better then Ash when comparing the final battle in AoD to IV, V, and VI.

Vader's incredibly strong, but his movie strength does not outweigh a deadite's, not even close. Ash as a deadite was able to pick up a probably heavy-as-hell dude over his head and throw him about 30 feet into a tree with such tremendous force that his face put a dent in the bark.

vw_k-KxBYbo

Ash floors and manages to hold his own in a bout of strength with one.

jK-zm2a2ueQ

BruceSkywalker
if bane helps ash, he just might win, however w/o him vader crushes ash into nothingness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.