Should suicide be legal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
By legal I mean, do you feel people have the right to lock you up in the looney bin over a suicide attempt?

I think it should be a last resort.

Jmanghan
When I say "last resort" I mean more then 1 attempt.

Also do you think people have the right to die on their on terms like old people who are suffering or whatever?

cdtm
Only for Quanchi.

Putinbot1
Everyone should have the choice to leave anywhere and everywhere.

-Pr-
In theory, I support the idea that everyone should ultimately have control of their own personal self.

That said, the desire to die could be seen as many as a thoroughly irrational one that only comes about due to depression or some other sort of "imbalance" in the person's body. I mean, I could get depressed and decide I want to die, but should I be allowed when there's a course of treatment out there that could make me feel better and remove that desire? I'm not so sure.

Now, if we're talking euthanasia or the relief of suffering? Yes, legalise it everywhere. Nobody should be in pain if it can be helped.

samhain
Seems silly to lock up a person who is already suffering to the point where they attempt to take their own life. Better outreach is needed and more efforts to remove the stigma associated with that aspect of mental health. Perhaps 'mental wellbeing/wellness' is a better term, fewer people may be discouraged from seeking the help and advice they need.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
Seems silly to lock up a person who is already suffering to the point where they attempt to take their own life. Better outreach is needed and more efforts to remove the stigma associated with that aspect of mental health. Perhaps 'mental wellbeing/wellness' is a better term, fewer people may be discouraged from seeking the help and advice they need. thumb up

cdtm
Pretty sure no one gets locked up for attempted suicide anymore.

It's anyone who enables them that risks being locked up.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty sure no one gets locked up for attempted suicide anymore.

It's anyone who enables them that risks being locked up. In the uk they get sectioned.

Eon Blue
Only for Quanchi.

Quan will live forever, even if it means keeping him alive against his will...

Impediment
Assisted suicide should be perfectly legal, IMO.

Bashar Teg
that whole palpatine thing must have sent quan over the edge

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Impediment
Assisted suicide should be perfectly legal, IMO. I agree, but, it's a good excuse for murder.

Jmanghan
Can we knock it off with the suicidal Quan jokes?

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
By legal I mean, do you feel people have the right to lock you up in the looney bin over a suicide attempt?

I think it should be a last resort.

I'd just say:

You can kill yourself if you're 18 or older, if you try at an earlier age we try to get you help.

Eternal Idol
What are they going to do? Throw your corpse in jail?

Have fun with that one, f*ckers.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

Have fun with that one, f*ckers. LOL

SquallX

Lord Lucien
Incarcerating or prosecuting someone with a mental illness or physical ailment severe enough that they attempt to stop existing is some old world, barbaric shit.

The real scumbags who deserve to be locked up and laden with a permanent and life-ruining conviction are people who do drugs---since no drug user does em for reasons that have nothing to do with systemic poverty, mental illness, social exclusion, or addiction. We should hurt those f*ckers as much as possible so that they humanely and sympathetically commit suicide. Then we can lament their tragic, wholly isolated decision.

cdtm
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

Have fun with that one, f*ckers.

In China, they drag the corpse around by horse and seize their famlies assets.

Emmy Evangeline
Suicide is your amineable right. If your life is at a point where not even your loved ones' can't help you then you should have everyright to do so. Of course the state will do everything to p stop you so they can put you in the looney bin and charge your insurance.
I mean are they going to arrest your corpse? If you were dead your dead. To people I knew suffered in agony with incurable cancer. I wish they would of just killed themselves to spare the pain.

Emmy Evangeline
Suicide is your amineable right. If your life is at a point where not even your loved ones' can't help you then you should have everycright to do so.
I mean are they were going to arrest your corpse? If you were dead your dead. To people I knew suffered in agony with incurable cancer. I wish they would of just killed themselves to spare the pain.

Astner
You can't make effective laws against suicide. So I suppose you mean laws against attempted suicide or assisted suicide?

cdtm
Suicide Squad was named after a group of Warner Bros executives.

Lest we forget.

Bashar Teg
In China, they drag the corpse around by horse and seize their famlies assets.

{citation needed}

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
{citation needed}

Should be easy enough to look up.

...uh oh.

I did read about a country with pretty punitive anti suicide laws. Looks like it wasn't China..

Surtur
Probably Canada.

gold slorg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I agree, but, it's a good excuse for murder.

agreed, euthanasia should be absolutely available, but it's so hard to cover all the tracks and prevent fake euthanasia and making it essentially a cover for murder if you have enough resources to get fake witnesses, bribery for the personel, etc. that's why i'm against it really much, it's too dangerous

cdtm
Compared to "hunting accidents", we could mitigate murder cover ups.

There's ways to ensure a person wants it. Involve a lawyer.

cdtm
Originally posted by gold slorg
agreed, euthanasia should be absolutely available, but it's so hard to cover all the tracks and prevent fake euthanasia and making it essentially a cover for murder if you have enough resources to get fake witnesses, bribery for the personel, etc. that's why i'm against it really much, it's too dangerous

Anyone with those resources can murder you in other ways, like doctors accidents or a hit man.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
Suicide is your amineable right. It is the right of all nitrogen-based lifeforms to snuff it whenever the oxygen starts getting too rowdy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.