The death star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

glenn
Who thinks that in episode 3 we might see the death star being constructed ready for the the 4th film 'A new hope'

Ushgarak
I would be surprised if they start building it that early, especially as they got the ROTJ one together so fast.

glenn
Yeah because if you think about it, it was only about 5 years in between ANH & ROTJ (thats not in our years, its the stories years if you know what i mean)

yerssot
a crate with imperial helmets like the people controlling the DS were, has been spotted on the sets in Australia, so guess the DS is back

cookies2006
Why cant i see that. OOohhh its a spoiler..tsk tsk tsk!

Member.
i'm beginning to think that anakin into vader would happen around the middle and finding out the death start project and bringing it to life.

finti
Those helmets were also used by some people in the bunkers on endor

yerssot
think they're refering to the one that's entirly closed

finti
maybe, but the Death Star was just opperational at the time of ANH so it is a span on about 20 years between EPIII and ANH. Kind of early to have those units ready already then

cookies2006
I dont know its about the size of a moon. Plus they have to be atleast working on it in ep3 if they have already mentioned it in ep2.

glenn
Yeah because the film won't be much good without seeing it under construction.

Ushgarak
It had been designed in AOTC, not had work started on it. It would still be odd if the first takes 20 years but the second, bigger one less than 5.

Telemicus
GL is desperate to tie in his new trilogy to the OT, but the timescale is all wrong, we will never see a death star in epi III. (unless they toys have already been built.... and he needs to shift them...) *small tear running down a once proud SW lover*

finti
all we need in EP III is referals to the DS plans

yerssot
making DS II took 5 years and was bigger and better ...
so, ... making DS (let's say between AOTC and EpIII) will take 3 years ...
hmm... COULD be possible though

glenn
I doubt it because the DS 2 was not fully constructed were as the first one was.

finti
who said they started on DS II right away after the dirst one was blown up?

yerssot
why not?

cookies2006
each opinion is reasonable.

glenn
If you remember that at the beginning of episode 6 when reading what is going on, you will see that it sais the empire has been secretly constructing on a new death star without Lukes knowledge.

Ushgarak
Um... yes, I think us fans might just about remember that, Glenn...

glenn
Alright. so how did they get the second death star constructed so quickly then.

cookies2006
things we like to call tools.

Julie
Not surprisingly, I have to agree with Ush....as for the helmets...there could be lots of variations in uniforms during the 20 years...

Ushgarak
Well, five years is a long time to build anything, Glenn.

glenn
I know that but i am only saying that between ANH and ROTJ is about 5 years.

Ushgarak
And we know that, what is the point you are trying to make?

Omegaman
I think we will see the beginning of the construction on the death star in EPS 3, I agree with the others who mentioned ,why did the show the plans in ATOC , if we werent going to see something more on it in the next movie. IF not , then why not wait until EPS 3 to reveal the plans for the death star??

Ushgarak
Well, I think he wanted to make the point that one of the reasons Dooku threw his lot in with the Geonosians was specifically to steal those plans from them without them realising it was actually a theft. It was part of the "Dooku works for Sidious" twist.

finti
indeed. And with showing the DS plans they already started to tie together some of the things we already have seen in the OT. The building of it is of no importance cause we know it will be built, the plans of the space station though is a totally different story and now we know who came up with it in the first place.

Omegaman
WOW!

Omegaman
Seems its true what they say about a**ho*** and opinions.

Ushgarak
I don't think that was necessary, Omega.

Omegaman
well, kinda out of frustration! Too many people quick to jump on someone for bringing up an idea like this. To be frank, no one knows any better than the next what will happen for sure in EPS 3. So everyone may be as right as the next. But some seem to think that they know it all . That type of attitude needs to be reserved for what has already happened.

Ushgarak
Well, some indictations are better than others. In any case, no need to let your frustration stop you from being civil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.